Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's on loan so he's a low risk gamble. 

Yes, and probably a very good gamble. He could be very good. My wish was that we had reduced the risk even further by either signing an experienced striker with a track record at a higher-level OR my preferred choice, another CF as well as Humphrys, either on loan or not.

We dont have endless pots of cash but we could be in a poor position if Shankland gets injured.

Not sure why so many on here dont seem to accept that.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

7 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Sorry man, you've lost me with that one?  Not sure what difference that has much? 

Both Hearts and Celtic are better now than we are in that final.  We are in Europe long term and they are in the Champions League. 

Did you actually look at the players?

7 hours ago, RobNox said:

Basically, on JKB you fall into 2 categories...

1. Happy Clapper - you have a generally positive outlook about the way things are going and even after a bad result or two, you remain optimistic that the club is heading in the right direction.  The Happy Clapper recognises that progress is being made, but accepts that there will be bumps in the road along the way.  The Happy Clapper does not tend to demand the sacking of the manager, CEO, Board and everyone else connected to the club after a bad run of results.

2. Pant Wetter - you have an inherent negative outlook, fuelled by completely unreasonable expectations of what the club can realistically achieve.  After a run of wins at the start of a season, you assume that the title is there for the taking, then when reality kicks in, you start to lash out at the players, manager, CEO, Board etc. because it's their fault that your expectations were falsely raised.

Happy Clappers tend to be more grounded in reality i.e. Hearts have won 4 league titles in their history, the last one being 62 years ago, and the last 37 league titles have been shared between the OF, whose financial advantage over the rest of the league has only become increasingly bigger during that period.

Pant Wetters tend to overlook those facts and will base their expectations on the 2 or 3  seasons in which we got anywhere close to potentially breaking the OF duopoly, while always falling short. 

Hope that helps!

Nailed it.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's on loan so he's a low risk gamble. 

Yup, I'd think our first couple of choices would have been perm, either purchases or out of contract players.  We obv couldn't get them (which you could say shows ambition).

The plan would always be to fall back on a loan.  Where Humphrys was on that list, who knows!

What I like is compared to the past, we won't tie ourselves long term to guys we're not sure about.  That's as it should be.

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

1. Happy Clapper - you have a generally positive outlook about the way things are going and even after a bad result or two, you remain optimistic that the club is heading in the right direction.  The Happy Clapper recognises that progress is being made, but accepts that there will be bumps in the road along the way.  The Happy Clapper does not tend to demand the sacking of the manager, CEO, Board and everyone else connected to the club after a bad run of results.

2. Pant Wetter - you have an inherent negative outlook, fuelled by completely unreasonable expectations of what the club can realistically achieve.  After a run of wins at the start of a season, you assume that the title is there for the taking, then when reality kicks in, you start to lash out at the players, manager, CEO, Board etc. because it's their fault that your expectations were falsely raised.

Very funny but very true at the same time !

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

Happy Clappers tend to be more grounded in reality i.e. Hearts have won 4 league titles in their history, the last one being 62 years ago, and the last 37 league titles have been shared between the OF, whose financial advantage over the rest of the league has only become increasingly bigger during that period.

Pant Wetters tend to overlook those facts and will base their expectations on the 2 or 3  seasons in which we got anywhere close to potentially breaking the OF duopoly, while always falling short. 

Hope that helps!

Thanks. I'm a happy clapper then.

18 hours ago, Rudolf said:

It’s not a manager that can take us the the next level, it’s another £50million added to the annual budget. 

I'd argue its maybe £20-30million, that includes wages of million pound signings and loan costs also. 

You'd also have to potentially do this over many many years before you see the benefit. Remember, the uglies spend many a million on players that are flops too.

4 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

An agenda driven, Robbie Neilson propagandist who doesn’t look at results and performances objectively. 

The grim weeper, surely?

3 minutes ago, WageThief said:

The grim weeper, surely?

I think his definition of "objectively" needs questioned.

I don't think it includes throwing childish tantrums  or expecting results that are statistically improbable.

Fozzyonthefence
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Hope that helps!

If you’re going to take the extreme view of a pant wetter then it’s only fair to balance it with the extreme happy clappers too.  The ones that take every slightest criticism of club, players or manager as some kind of personal insult, as if they are employees of the club, so much so that they’ll trawl through every thread to search for any kind of negativity and tend to take great pleasure in playing the man rather than the ball, enjoying this much more than they ever enjoy a Hearts win.  

Often, after a Hearts win, instead of celebrating this they can be found looking to pick arguments with Hearts fans.  

They are not surprisingly the polar opposite of the extreme pant wetter and always bury their heads in the sand when it’s glaringly obvious that a manager is hopeless and needs replaced (a la Levein, Cathro) and do not even like constructive criticism / suggestions of improvement and these are usually met with accusations of being a Hobo.  

The extreme Happy Clapper would rather be bottom of the league or go on a very long poor run than anyone on JKB suggest the manager should get sacked.  The usual reply to a suggestion that a manager needs replaced is to demand a list of managers that we can afford (despite them having no knowledge of our budget or wage demands of possible targets or acknowledging that HMFC actually employ people to carry out this function).  

The extreme Happy Clapper also believes that only Hearts suffer injuries and bad refereeing  decisions and these are usually the main excuses for poor performances.  They also like to highlight the financial advantage the OF have over us but can’t acknowledge the financial advantage we have over most teams in the league.

Thankfully most fans fall somewhere in between the extreme Happy Clapper and extreme Pant Wetter and are able to have adult debates about their opinions.  

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If you’re going to take the extreme view of a pant wetter then it’s only fair to balance it with the extreme happy clappers too.  The ones that take every slightest criticism of club, players or manager as some kind of personal insult, as if they are employees of the club, so much so that they’ll trawl through every thread to search for any kind of negativity and tend to take great pleasure in playing the man rather than the ball, enjoying this much more than they ever enjoy a Hearts win.  

Often, after a Hearts win, instead of celebrating this they can be found looking to pick arguments with Hearts fans.  

They are not surprisingly the polar opposite of the extreme pant wetter and always bury their heads in the sand when it’s glaringly obvious that a manager is hopeless and needs replaced (a la Levein, Cathro) and do not even like constructive criticism / suggestions of improvement and these are usually met with accusations of being a Hobo.  

The extreme Happy Clapper would rather be bottom of the league or go on a very long poor run than anyone on JKB suggest the manager should get sacked.  The usual reply to a suggestion that a manager needs replaced is to demand a list of managers that we can afford (despite them having no knowledge of our budget or wage demands of possible targets or acknowledging that HMFC actually employ people to carry out this function).  

The extreme Happy Clapper also believes that only Hearts suffer injuries and bad refereeing  decisions and these are usually the main excuses for poor performances.  They also like to highlight the financial advantage the OF have over us but can’t acknowledge the financial advantage we have over most teams in the league.

Thankfully most fans fall somewhere in between the extreme Happy Clapper and extreme Pant Wetter and are able to have adult debates about their opinions.  

I would say there is 1 extreme Happy clapper on here and numerous extreme pant wetters. These are normally posters with low post counts, although not always. 

I was always under the impression the whole happy clapper pant wetter thing was all just a bit of fun to lighten up the forum?

Dont think anyone takes it that seriously do they?

Sinbad the Sailor
12 hours ago, RobNox said:

Hope that helps!

Superbly worded that man. Well done - absolute precise prose.

After reading this I am currently happy I'm in the Happy Clapper gang. I smile in the face of Hibernian FC and it feels good.

(If we lose the next 6-8 games in a row I might sail close to the peeing my pants brigade).😁

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Excellent post. I was going to write something similar - but would not have been able to word it as well as you have.

We_are_the_Hearts
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Spot on, only you missed the Happy clapper seems to think they are more intelligent and can be a bit up their own arse. It's an internet thing though.

32 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I was always under the impression the whole happy clapper pant wetter thing was all just a bit of fun to lighten up the forum?

Dont think anyone takes it that seriously do they?

Unfortunately, I think some do and take it all very personally. I actually dont mind (being called a pants wetter) on here.

I enjoy reading the views of others even though I may totally disagree.

There are a few posters who even resort to insults - which I also dont really mind as it means they have lost the place/argument/debate and shown they dont have the brainpower to articulate their views and frustrations.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, lost in space said:

Yes, and probably a very good gamble. He could be very good. My wish was that we had reduced the risk even further by either signing an experienced striker with a track record at a higher-level OR my preferred choice, another CF as well as Humphrys, either on loan or not.

We dont have endless pots of cash but we could be in a poor position if Shankland gets injured.

Not sure why so many on here dont seem to accept that.

Fair, but we can always strengthen in January and we might still pick up a free transfer.

If any team has injuries to their main strikers ( in our Case Boyce and Shankland) They'd struggle . Even the best teams in the world do not carry 3/4 strikers of the same quality. 

It feels like some on here think we should have numerous players of the same quality for each position, we just cannot afford or manage that. If we have 2 players out in the same position and are down to 3rd or 4th choice then the quality will drop. Hopefully we don't have that issue too often.

Hopefully we have our signings lined up, I think the Asian lad will end up joining us.

34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Fair, but we can always strengthen in January and we might still pick up a free transfer.

If any team has injuries to their main strikers ( in our Case Boyce and Shankland) They'd struggle . Even the best teams in the world do not carry 3/4 strikers of the same quality. 

It feels like some on here think we should have numerous players of the same quality for each position, we just cannot afford or manage that. If we have 2 players out in the same position and are down to 3rd or 4th choice then the quality will drop. Hopefully we don't have that issue too often.

Hopefully we have our signings lined up, I think the Asian lad will end up joining us.

Well, this us no good I agree with everything you said. I must try harder.....

When Neilson gets a good result we should realise that’s what he’s paid for but when he gets it badly wrong he needs to know and a lot of his mistakes cost Hearts. 

5 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

I'd argue its maybe £20-30million, that includes wages of million pound signings and loan costs also. 

You'd also have to potentially do this over many many years before you see the benefit. Remember, the uglies spend many a million on players that are flops too.

Rangers have about 65-75% of the revenue of Celtic most years, and are competitive. I think if we get our turnover to 40-50% of Celtic, we'll still lose more OF games than we win but we'd have a decent outside shot to win the league every now and again.

The way there is through Europe of course.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Some of this is fair, but by the basic metrics of wins, loses, goals, goal difference, and cup progress, Neilson has overperformed most of our managers in our history. And here we are after two stout, thumping wins with us well placed in all competitions we're in save the League Cup, and folk are on here moaning about him.

I repeat that calling people happy clappers for being happy and clapping when the team is doing well is just telling on yourself.

(If anyone cares I wanted Cathro sacked at the split in 2017 season.)

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Unfortunately, I think some do and take it all very personally. I actually dont mind (being called a pants wetter) on here.

I enjoy reading the views of others even though I may totally disagree.

There are a few posters who even resort to insults - which I also dont really mind as it means they have lost the place/argument/debate and shown they dont have the brainpower to articulate their views and frustrations.

Trouble is you don't really have an argument to debate over. 

Come back at the end of the season if Robbie has failed to meet his targets. Only then is it worth debating with folk like you. 

23 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

When Neilson gets a good result we should realise that’s what he’s paid for but when he gets it badly wrong he needs to know and a lot of his mistakes cost Hearts. 

😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Trouble is you don't really have an argument to debate over. 

Come back at the end of the season if Robbie has failed to meet his targets. Only then is it worth debating with folk like you. 

"Folk like you" - I didn't know there were any.

Yes, close down all threads now till the end of the season. Good idea.