• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

3 wins in 15 games, 8 games in that period where we haven't scored at all, managers have been replaced for less, his record this season is worse than Maloney had at Hibs, but let's keep happy clapping as it'll all be okay right? 

it goes back to us failing to appoint decent managers after he left the first time. People are daft enough to think that automatically makes him a good manager. He’s started the season absolutely terribly yet supporters are finding ways to defend him. 

2 hours ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Let’s see where we are in a few weeks Frank. I know you don’t like any bad being said about Robbie and thats up to you. 

I criticise where I see fit.  I've aimed plenty at our recruitment people.

you’ve agreed said that summer recruitment isn’t robbies responsibility. We know this how? How do we know it’s robbies players we couldn’t get? How do we know that Robbie wasn’t asking for unrealistic targets? We don’t. So you can’t really 100% excuse him on that. It could be that our recruitment team are to blame on this, but we can’t be sure either way.

We brought in people whose job is to find the players.  I think given the six months since the previous window they had ample time.

Those people could review footage, check their stats, and even watch them.  RN would give them a list of positions/styles to find.

When you say unrealistic targets I'd counter that in saying we could have done better with loans.

We have ended up with a few journeymen and last minute panic buys other than Rowles, Neilson, and possibly Kio.

give me 6 games that we were really good last season? 

We finished 3rd and got to a cup final.  That argument is laughable.

Your also contradicting yourself here, basically saying we don’t have a strong enough squad to compete. So who is that on? Our manager has constantly banged the drum that this is the best squad he’s worked with and that players should be able to fit in seamlessly to replace others. Now he’s not getting the results or performances he’s saying we are suffering from mental fatigue etc. he does come across as hypocritical and his interviews are one of the things that concerns fans.

Our target was to take a step up in the playing squad.  I think we are behind with no Souttar replacement at RCB, and nobody to do Simms job.

A few injuries has buckled us because of the failure to bring in adequate cover we knew we needed.

I pay no attention to what the manager says to the media.  If anyone felt they had been shafted in their job are they going to go public on it?

on the europe front, I don’t think many expect us to do much in Europe this season. I for one don’t really care as long as we do well domestically, but when fans are paying good money and backing the club they are entitled to speak out when they are seeing poor performances like we seen last night. 

There is constructive criticism and utter slavering from posters with a grudge on Neilson.

I said in the points expectation thread we'd be lucky to get a point for the reasons I've mentioned.

you seem to think people have just want to hate Robbie and that’s it. He’s a Scottish cup winning legend. He’s not marmite where you have to love him or hate him. People can have a balanced opinion on his managerial style and not hate him. You seem to struggle with that, and see any negative opinion on him as a personal attack. Your not the only one. 

Nope.  A number of posters, lets call them empty vessels, make lots of noise calling for his head after any defeat or draw regardless of circumstances.  They need to be put in their place.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We brought in people whose job is to find the players.  I think given the six months since the previous window they had ample time.

Those people could review footage, check their stats, and even watch them.  RN would give them a list of positions/styles to find.

When you say unrealistic targets I'd counter that in saying we could have done better with loans.

We have ended up with a few journeymen and last minute panic buys other than Rowles, Neilson, and possibly Kio.

Our target was to take a step up in the playing squad.  I think we are behind with no Souttar replacement at RCB, and nobody to do Simms job.

A few injuries has buckled us because of the failure to bring in adequate cover we knew we needed.

I pay no attention to what the manager says to the media.  If anyone felt they had been shafted in their job are they going to go public on it?

There is constructive criticism and utter slavering from posters with a grudge on Neilson.

I said in the points expectation thread we'd be lucky to get a point for the reasons I've mentioned.

Nope.  A number of posters, lets call them empty vessels, make lots of noise calling for his head after any defeat or draw regardless of circumstances.  They need to be put in their place.

I'm not calling for his head but it's not just "any defeat" it's a horrendous run of defeats and peformances.

You forgot Shankland too. 

Rudi cant fail

When you’ve got a manger who constantly talks about getting closer to the old firm and a sporting director who states his ambition is to win the league, of course people are going to question things when we are producing sub standard performances and look like we lack any self belief. 

just because we have not had much success as a whole over the last 30 years shouldn’t mean we shouldn’t have ambition.

When we lose to superior opposition we hear lines like they are superior and have a bigger budget so we can’t expect to compete. When we as the team with so called superior players and budgets lose to smaller clubs then we hear that we can’t expect to win every game.

There is of course a balance, but we as fans who pump literally millions into the coffers then the least we can expect is commitment and desire, and this has been severely lacking in a number of games this season already despite being only 9 games in. 

As I’ve said previously I am not suggesting we sack the manager at this stage, but if In a few weeks nothing changes then things should be at least looked at and explanations given. Mental fatigue, tired players should not be valid explanations.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shocking night to use the thread, two better opportunities the week before. Anyone using last night to attack has rocks in their head, equally anyone trying to defend preceding 2 events.

Some key parts missing, striking thing for me was the total lack of belief, I would expect our management team to be rectifying the issue or face deserved criticism before it becomes yet another malaise, doesnt take much for the milk to turn with the current dynamic of the fanbase

Rudi cant fail
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So to summarise in a nutshell

robbie should never be questioned and it’s all everyone else’s fault? 

thanks for your time Frank.

maltese jambo
38 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

The main issue is a number of fans have delusions of grandeur. The fact we have people on here saying that we should be beating these teams consistently and that Neilson is only good enough in the championship. 

The only years we’ve been competitive in the league during the last 10 years has been under Neilson. The gulf in finances between us and teams like last night is the same to us and the old firm.

I’ve been following hearts for 30 years and don’t understand where these expectations come from. I think a lot of fans look at the quality of the player we had under Romanov and are still expecting that standard and that style. Forgetting that we almost went bust when it went tits up.

Neilson doesn’t have carte blanche to do what he wants. But after how successful we were last year he deserves at least until the end of the season unless we’re at threat of relegation, which we won’t be.

As to who should replace him. The same arseholes who are calling for his head are the same guys in the past who have recommended going for guys like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson and David Martindale. The others just moan incessantly saying we should sack managers without offering any solutions.

Really disrespectful post.

Firstly, Hearts are not a big fish but should be getting more of a return considering the resources being poured into the club;...

Who in this current squad is actually worth any transfer fee? Yet we've spent relatively big and our wage bill is high?

Who was last/currently coming through youth system into first team co sidering our 'excellent' facilities?

Regarding on field performances; the very least a Hearts team should be doing is actually having a proper go and laying a glove on teams, especially at Tynecastle. Can we in all honesty say that's been happening against the 'bigger' clubs? 

Overall I think Hearts should be doing much better. Over the years and glaringly highlighted last night it is painfully clear Robbie Neilson has took the team as far as he can. We now require a higher calibre of manager as well as player.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

Firstly, Hearts are not a big fish but should be getting more of a return considering the resources being poured into the club;...

Who in this current squad is actually worth any transfer fee? Yet we've spent relatively big and our wage bill is high?

Who was last/currently coming through youth system into first team co sidering our 'excellent' facilities?

Regarding on field performances; the very least a Hearts team should be doing is actually having a proper go and laying a glove on teams, especially at Tynecastle. Can we in all honesty say that's been happening against the 'bigger' clubs? 

Overall I think Hearts should be doing much better. Over the years and glaringly highlighted last night it is painfully clear Robbie Neilson has took the team as far as he can. We now require a higher calibre of manager as well as player.

I think you talk pish, respectfully of course

17 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

3 wins in 15 games, 8 games in that period where we haven't scored at all, managers have been replaced for less, his record this season is worse than Maloney had at Hibs, but let's keep happy clapping as it'll all be okay right? 

Absolutely ****ing mental that people try to argue that others are overreacting. That is shocking.

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Absolutely ****ing mental that people try to argue that others are overreacting. That is shocking.

Let's break down the results this season.

For me there have only been two I'd describe as unacceptable: Livi and Killie.

We've won three league games, drawn one against Hibs which we were seconds away from winning.

Lost to Celtic but played well.

Lost to Zurich at home due to one mad decision from Grant. Played better for 50 minutes of that game than I've seen us in years.

Well beaten by Instanbul at home and Zurich away. Hardly unsurprising given the gulf in finances.

This is hardly a disaster. We've played well in most games this season. On a bad run but I'm confident we'll turn it round given our performances and squad.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Skoosh third again, no doubts about it. 

Hope youre right. I think we have some new faces to bed in and Halkett to come back. Also think we will continue to add to squad. 

15 hours ago, David_HMFC said:

Say we were to sack Robbie, who would we get???

Can’t believe the amount of stick he gets for what he’s done for our club. Won the championship with hibs and rangers in it at a canter. Comes 3rd the next season. Comes back to hearts and wins the championship again… walks us to 3rd place straight after. 2 Scottish cup finals (just missing out on penalties in one of them). Beating hibs in the semis, twice…. 
If you look at his record as hearts manager he will be the best we have had in a long time.

The best thing we could reasonably achieve is 3rd place and a cup. We just need a bit of luck with the cup. We went 40 years without one… Fed up with moaning hearts fans on social media. A new manager will not improve anything for us. The only thing that would is a huge cash injection at the levels of Celtic and rangers and that ain’t gonna happen.

Are you happy with the football this team plays?

Im not being snarky it’s a genuine question

Edited by Jamhammer

40 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The majority of which were at the end of last season when we had already secured third at a canter.

The performances of late haven’t been good enough. However the ones I would focus on are Livingston and Kilmarnock. The others FC Zurich, Celtic and Basaksehir are all against better teams with better players. Can we play better of course but we’re threadbare at the back. Do the results need to improve of course but the majority of fans calling for Neilson’s head after last season is foolish and naive.

The ‘happy clapping’ vs ‘pant pishing’ argument is usually exclusive to individuals who don’t have the ability to back up their point. If you want to go down that route then fine. I take on board peoples points and can respect if they have merit. I’m not for one second saying I’m happy with how things are going just now but I disagree with a lot of the comments saying he should be sacked.

25 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

So to summarise in a nutshell

robbie should never be questioned and it’s all everyone else’s fault? 

thanks for your time Frank.

:cornette:

If that is what you took from my response, your reading comprehension level indicates its time for you to go back to primary school.

That explains a lot about the tantrums.

1 hour ago, ali_jambo said:

I was talking about our first half performance. Agreeing with Robbie that it was good. 2nd half we collapsed.

Common sense view. 👍

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

We created two/three excellent chances first half but didn’t take them. Different game if we had.  Not saying we would have won but certainly would have been a different game. Also can’t really blame the manager for Haring gifting them first goal. Pretty sure Robbie didn’t coach him to do that. 

Not having seen a re-play, it looked to me like we had a couple of opportunities to clear that threat. Haring did a 'Damour dither' and we payed the price. That's more than frustrating given how soon it was after our attack.

56 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

This thread 😂

The main issue is a number of fans have delusions of grandeur. The fact we have people on here saying that we should be beating these teams consistently and that Neilson is only good enough in the championship. 

The only years we’ve been competitive in the league during the last 10 years has been under Neilson. The gulf in finances between us and teams like last night is the same to us and the old firm.

I’ve been following hearts for 30 years and don’t understand where these expectations come from. I think a lot of fans look at the quality of the player we had under Romanov and are still expecting that standard and that style. Forgetting that we almost went bust when it went tits up.

Neilson doesn’t have carte blanche to do what he wants. But after how successful we were last year he deserves at least until the end of the season unless we’re at threat of relegation, which we won’t be.

As to who should replace him. The same arseholes who are calling for his head are the same guys in the past who have recommended going for guys like Tommy Wright, Stephen Robinson and David Martindale. The others just moan incessantly saying we should sack managers without offering any solutions.

I totally agree with your paragraph that I've highlighted. Having said that, I'd add that Robbie's tenure really should be questioned should we be anywhere near a relegation battle or anything other than fighting for 3rd.

53 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Some "fans??" really do hate our manager don't they. Some ridiculous comments about him on here. Having said that, if we don't beat St. Mirren on Sunday then he could well be in trouble. Maybe a good thing the game could be cancelled 

At least there's scope for reasonable debate without resorting to expletives, so well done for keepin' the heid. 👏

Given the Fiorentina v Riga result, we really did shoot ourselves in the foot and missed out on a great opportunity ... again!

It never fails to amaze me that time after time, Hearts find a unique way of gifting opponents goals. It drives me bonkers, so it does!

Meanwhile, for a bit of levity, I'm going to jump back onto the 'Happy Train' and practice my clapping for our next home game.

12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Are you happy with the football this team plays?

Im not being snarky it’s a genuine question

I doubt anyone is happy with the way the team has largely played this season.

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

We've won three league games, drawn one against Hibs which we were seconds away from winning.

Lost to Zurich at home due to one mad decision from Grant. Played better for 50 minutes of that game than I've seen us in years.

Well beaten by Instanbul at home and Zurich away. Hardly unsurprising given the gulf in finances.

This is hardly a disaster. We've played well in most games this season. On a bad run but I'm confident we'll turn it round given our performances and squad.

You forgot about throwing away a win against the shite and Ross County outplaying us for 60 minutes in the first game.

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You forgot about throwing away a win against the shite and Ross County outplaying us for 60 minutes in the first game.

Both those results are included. 😄

33 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

Struggling to understand how it’s disrespectful but I’ll bite. Just because you pay a transfer fee doesn’t mean the player will be good and doesn’t mean we can ‘expect’ anything. 

In regards to wages we pay less than the sheep and are supposedly nowadays comparable to hibs. We don’t pay massive wages, one of the reasons I assume we’ve struggled bringing in our top targets. The team we got beat by last night had the majority of their squad on £20k plus.

Against the bigger teams I would like us to have more of a go but that’s not a Neilson problem. We’ve watched various different managers be more conservative with their approach, even guys like Jefferies had similar records and performances against the old firm.

Hearts right now are exactly where they should be in terms of league position (4th) regarding what they pay. However I feel that with our squad we have the ability to 3rd again. 

If we continue to lose and don’t manage to beat the team from Riga then more questions should be asked but until then it’s premature.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, ali_jambo said:

Both those results are included. 😄

Well the former was extremely disappointing bordering unacceptable and the latter papered over the cracks. 

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Well the former was extremely disappointing bordering unacceptable and the latter papered over the cracks. 

Papering over the cracks with a win and a draw. 😄

Rudi cant fail
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

If that is what you took from my response, your reading comprehension level indicates its time for you to go back to primary school.

That explains a lot about the tantrums.

No tantrums from me Frank.

i could summarise each of your points and tie you in knots but I don’t feel that’s what forums should be for. 

with your attempt of a belittling reply though, it’s no wonder some of your comments on here have appeared as screen shots on twitter.

However let’s not make this personal and enjoy your day. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Papering over the cracks with a win and a draw. 😄

Yes.  We through away a derby win due to negative tactics and got outplayed by Ross County (if you want to include the good first half in our loss to Zurich)

Actual good performances since the 3-1 Derby win over the shite?

3-2 Dundee Utd away the game after.

Dundee Utd at home this season.

First half Zurich. 

That 3-1 win was 16 games back.  2 and a half good displays.  

2 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

i could summarise each of your points and tie you in knots but I don’t feel that’s what forums should be for. 

with your attempt of a belittling reply though, it’s no wonder some of your comments on here have appeared as screen shots on twitter.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

You say you aren't throwing a tantrum then prove you are.

Why do I care what some arsehole posts on twitter?   It is full of trolls and halfwits with an overestimated self-importance.

The Grim Reaper
33 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Absolutely not true.

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

You get used to it.  Any negative comments on the manager or the club are belittled or abused regularly with inflammatory comments made on them. 

Rudi cant fail

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

You say you aren't throwing a tantrum then prove you are.

Why do I care what some arsehole posts on twitter?   It is full of trolls and halfwits with an overestimated self-importance.

How ironic 

58 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I'm not calling for his head but it's not just "any defeat" it's a horrendous run of defeats and peformances.

You forgot Shankland too. 

Shankland might be decent if he had a decent strike partner.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, frankblack said:

Shankland might be decent if he had a decent strike partner.

Not sure how the manager couldn't identify one for the recruitment team to go out and get just like Shankland. 

2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You get used to it.  Any negative comments on the manager or the club are belittled or abused regularly with inflammatory comments made on them. 

Yes, but you will see that the poster started that instead of debating the arguments in an earlier reply.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

it goes back to us failing to appoint decent managers after he left the first time. People are daft enough to think that automatically makes him a good manager. He’s started the season absolutely terribly yet supporters are finding ways to defend him. 

Exactly! 

12 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

It's what Frank does, his Twitter stuff is even worse! 

Not impressed by the current situation 

however in my humble opinion if we stick with Robbie we may not make third this season 

get rid of him and we are definitely not finishing third, I have no confidence in our current board picking an adequate replacement with the budget we

have in place 

any new manager whether from England or abroad will demand a substantial budget to bring in his own players, we don’t have that kind of money and we will never spend what we don’t have 

at this level Neilson maybe as good as we can get, be careful what you wish for, Neilson will always keep us in the top 5

For reference Alex Neill is on reputedly 30k a week at Stoke

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Not sure how the manager couldn't identify one for the recruitment team to go out and get just like Shankland. 

We got two last-minute panic buy strikers after Boyce got injured.  We needed a replacement for Simms long before that.

Something went wrong there.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Not impressed by the current situation 

however in my humble opinion if we stick with Robbie we may not make third this season 

get rid of him and we are definitely not finishing third, I have no confidence in our current board picking an adequate replacement with the budget we

have in place 

any new manager whether from England or abroad will demand a substantial budget to bring in his own players, we don’t have that kind of money and we will never spend what we don’t have 

at this level Neilson maybe as good as we can get, be careful what you wish for, Neilson will always keep us in the top 5

For reference Alex Neill is on reputedly 30k a week at Stoke

That's uninspiring as anything.  May as well just shut up shop. 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly! 

It's what Frank does, his Twitter stuff is even worse! 

Another one wading in when the other poster started it. Follow the thread.

I made reasoned arguments.

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Great post. 

I’m not his biggest fan from a style of play, but taking this run out the equation he gets results. 

When was the last time Robbie got a result when it mattered…in a crucial game?

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes.  We through away a derby win due to negative tactics and got outplayed by Ross County (if you want to include the good first half in our loss to Zurich)

Actual good performances since the 3-1 Derby win over the shite?

3-2 Dundee Utd away the game after.

Dundee Utd at home this season.

First half Zurich. 

That 3-1 win was 16 games back.  2 and a half good displays.  

We played well against St J for large parts, and St Mirren, smashed up Utd, completely controlled Hibs but couldn't put away our chances, same with Zurich.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We got two last-minute panic buy strikers after Boyce got injured.  We needed a replacement for Simms long before that.

But you don’t think Robbie has any hand in that?

The same Robbie that said he’d been tracking Humphrys for a long time?

Naisys Tackle

Definitely.  We had all summer and even before to identify players for Europa and help push us on as a team.  Does Robbie actually see Shankland as a lone striker?  I can't see it really and he will have known that working with him before at Dundee Utd so it's baffling we ended up with a Wigan reserve after all the time we had and even extra budget.  He also talked all pre-season about his number one priority after Shankland came was the player to come in the number 8 role behind the strikers(s) I wonder if playing Halliday there last night was some sort of statement to the club at how thin we are?

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Deviskan said:

But you don’t think Robbie has any hand in that?

The same Robbie that said he’d been tracking Humphrys for a long time?

All managers say that guff.  

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

We played well against St J for large parts, and St Mirren, smashed up Utd, completely controlled Hibs but couldn't put away our chances, same with Zurich.

St Mirren?  We never completely controlled the Hibs game either, overall it was a poor result and display against them and they are utter horsemeat.  We played very well first half Zurich but they controlled the tie and again, we lost.  I acknowledged Dundee Utd.

2.5 good displays in all they games is simply not good enough.  I'm optimistic it will gradually improve though this season but not positive about finishing 3rd. 

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

When was the last time Robbie got a result when it mattered…in a crucial game?

Define a crucial game?

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Define a crucial game?

if you’re unable to discern that for yourself I’ll leave it there, another poster answered anyway, the semi final.

I’ll be interested to see what posters like yourself are saying by the end of October…as I think we’re in for a fairly tough time.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

if you’re unable to discern that for yourself I’ll leave it there, another poster answered anyway, the semi final.

I’ll be interested to see what posters like yourself are saying by the end of October…as I think we’re in for a fairly tough time.

Every game matters to me 😂 no need to be a prick. 

However, are you in tunnel vision mode and forgetting the whole of last season when Robbie got us to where we are, in European group stage football?

I think we’re shocking just now, and I’ve voiced that, both current form and style of play. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Every game matters to me 😂 no need to be a prick. 

However, are you in tunnel vision mode and forgetting the whole of last season when Robbie got us to where we are, in European group stage football?

I think we’re shocking just now, and I’ve voiced that, both current form and style of play. 

Looks like you’re fairly delicate if you believed I was in some way ‘being a prick’ by the previous post.

I’ll assume you meant ‘you’re in tunnel mode’…instead of what you posted above.

Our style of play has existed as long as Robbie has been manager, it’s not just this season…and it’s godawful, negative, eye bleeding stuff.

We solely got third last season, due to how poor the rest of our main rivals were…in reality, we were fairly lucky a few of them had a shocking season at the same time.

Ross county .very lucky to win should have been 3 behind at half    time. Hibs threw it away with negative tactics when we should have pressed for more. The usual free hit against celtic , when he bottled it again,only getting beaten 2_0 is like a victory for him.st Johnstone touch and go.the only comprehensive victory was against dundee unt , and they are gash.european games apart from a good first half against zurichs best forgotten.and still this man learns zilch.

lost in space
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Great post. In fact - I think people should be taken out and shot for over-reacting!!!

Rudi cant fail
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Another one wading in when the other poster started it. Follow the thread.

I made reasoned arguments.

Other poster started it? It wasn’t an argument Frank and your the one telling people they need to go back to primary school, and that because posters don’t agree with you that they are automatically “Robbie haters”. 

I read through your post that you dissected into paragraphs, my summary from that was that you didn’t feel Robbie was to blame for anything so I said that to you.