***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Love a European night at Tynecastle but this somehow feels like its came too early for us. Of course, if we had rag-dolled Killi in the cup and Livi at the weekend then I might be feeling a bit more confident.

Maybe it is all about the European competition for Robbie and he's not concentrating fully on the league but, either way, I would take a draw if it was offered to me now. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Currently top of the Turkish league. 

Pos Team P HW HD HL HF HA AW AD AL
1 Besiktas 5 3 0 0 8 2 1 1 0
2 Konyaspor 5 1 1 0 1 0 2 1 0
3 Fenerbahce 5 2 1 0 9 5 1 0 1

We play Istanbul Baseksahir not Besiktas? 

Unless I’m missing important context to a discussion then apologies 😂

Squad value at 50 million on transfermarket. 

Would like to see Halkett back but I don't want him risked. We are likely to get a beating either way, they are a good team.

Halkett needs to play. He’s been a huge miss. 

Although saying that he’ll probably come back and get injured again 😡

Appears to be that kind of player 

12 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Correct.

Screenshot_20220905-092216.png

Tom Hardy’s Dug
9 hours ago, gov said:

Top seeds for a reason. They should be too good all over the park! We just have to get right behind the team even if we lose a goal early. No shame in losing to a team of this quality. If we could take a point that would be a great result 

No. Apparently we should we beating them. Get with the script FFS.

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I really really hope Halkett and Smith are fit for this 🙏 if Neilson and Sibbick are in the starting line up I think it's fair to say we are conceding a few, it really depends on our starting 11 as to how this game will go, does anyone know if the new midfielder Kio has a chance of being involved? Would like to see him in the team.

I think Neilson will go 3 at the back as we will be up against it here

If Halks and Smith are fit I would go

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Kio Devlin Cochrane

Forrest Shankland Mckay

Still think we will lose even with that team, 2-0 win for Istanbul imo.

If Sibbick and Neilson in the team we will get pumped imo.

Obviously I hope I'm very wrong and hearts pull off a miracle 1-0 win.

That's the same team I picked, although it's more likely to be Grant or Haring if Kio's out.

If we play like we were this season until the final whistle against St Johnstone, we can live in hope of an upset against anyone. If we play like we have the last two matches,we'll be efficiently beaten. I'm hoping the last week has been a lot of playing in third gear as they try to stay fresh and build themselves up for Thursday. Boyce is a big miss, but Forrest, Mckay and Shankland all carried a threat against Zurich.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

These are the games all the hard work last season was aiming towards.  As a player I would be buzzing to get out there.  Each fixture is a free hit.  Give it 100% and see where we end up.  We drew at Anfield with a team much worse than we have now.  MON.  

:spoton:

Our players really need to leave every bit of themselves on the pitch in these games, good results in Europe are the special matches fans remember for decades and they don't come along often.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surprised Istanbul only rated as a 5/4 shot, thought they would be odds on to beat us. Dont think I have ever bet against Hearts in my life, I can understand the reverse psychology for some, a bit of consolation, if thats your bag, probably not a bad punt.

On the other hand gives me a bit of hope theres maybe a bit of hope, bookmakers not often too far off the mark.

2 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

The amount of negative posters on here is incredible. Do us all a favour? Don't just sit out this game.....never come back!

Can you blame them when the players don’t give a **** 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fiorentina 1 Juventus 1

RFS 1 Riga 1

Those the other results from our opponents this week, its gone now but Zurich lost again at home to Lugano 2-1. We are going to have to lift ourselves quickly on both fronts

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

:spoton:

Our players really need to leave every bit of themselves on the pitch in these games, good results in Europe are the special matches fans remember for decades and they don't come along often.

They dont come along too often, because they dont do well enough in the League games 🤷‍♂️

tartofmidlothian
12 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

They dont come along too often, because they dont do well enough in the League games 🤷‍♂️

You're not wrong, but now they're here I hope we dig deep.

16 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

The amount of negative posters on here is incredible. Do us all a favour? Don't just sit out this game.....never come back!

We've just gone two games v piss teams, mustering 2 shots on goal and playing awful. I can understand people being negative about it, there's not much to be positive about, given our players are also fatigued.

I think the occasion will help our players but I think the Turks will be too good for us.

10 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We've just gone two games v piss teams, mustering 2 shots on goal and playing awful. I can understand people being negative about it, there's not much to be positive about, given our players are also fatigued.

I think the occasion will help our players but I think the Turks will be too good for us.

This is my feelings too, looking forward to it but not confident of getting anything and fear we could be on the end of a skelping.

But you never know.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

You're not wrong, but now they're here I hope we dig deep.

👍

I see the DR are running a story stating that the Istanbul coach doesn't have the necessary UEFA licence, and may miss their match with us on Thursday.

Hearts in Europa Conference League boost as Istanbul Basaksehir boss faces Tynecastle banishment

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-europa-conference-league-boost-27908877

Edited by Rogue Daddy

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Nah, screwed up. 🥸

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

They were 4th last year; they won the league in 19/20; it really seems they benefited from covid, but who knows?

Yeah I saw that when I googled it, obviously a good team but so were Zurich and we gave them a fright. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

😆👍🏽👏🏾

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I understand the play being made about this team being easy to beat.

Said in the knowledge we are unlikely to beat them and another opportunity to bash Robbie.

I get that people don’t like him but this tactic is cellophane.

The top team in Turkey are near on impossible for us to live with. Would be one of our top 5 Euro wins if we beat them IMO 

They’re not the top team in Turkey though. 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I really really hope Halkett and Smith are fit for this 🙏 if Neilson and Sibbick are in the starting line up I think it's fair to say we are conceding a few, it really depends on our starting 11 as to how this game will go, does anyone know if the new midfielder Kio has a chance of being involved? Would like to see him in the team.

I think Neilson will go 3 at the back as we will be up against it here

If Halks and Smith are fit I would go

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley 

Atkinson Kio Devlin Cochrane

Forrest Shankland Mckay

Still think we will lose even with that team, 2-0 win for Istanbul imo.

If Sibbick and Neilson in the team we will get pumped imo.

Obviously I hope I'm very wrong and hearts pull off a miracle 1-0 win.

Has he mentioned Atkinsons injury at all,anywhere?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Correct.

Screenshot_20220905-092216.png

Probably why the call themselves Instanbul to help folk differentiate as they both play there. 

21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I saw that when I googled it, obviously a good team but so were Zurich and we gave them a fright. 

I'm not so sure Zurich were a good team. 

0 wins in 7 in the league from what I can see. 

Edited by Taffin

Berra than you

Had a quick look at our squad list on the uefa app, and not seeing Humphreys, Kio or Clark. Could be an error on their part just using our squad from the playoff round, strange though.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Had a quick look at our squad list on the uefa app, and not seeing Humphreys, Kio or Clark. Could be an error on their part just using our squad from the playoff round, strange though.

They were all there earlier

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/teams/50120--hearts/squad/

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I see the DR are running a story stating that the Istanbul coach doesn't have the necessary UEFA licence, and may miss their match with us on Thursday.

Hearts in Europa Conference League boost as Istanbul Basaksehir boss faces Tynecastle banishment

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-europa-conference-league-boost-27908877

Ban them from playing any further part of this seasons competition.  😉

Fairly sure that is a fairly light punishment,  when a club that size doesn't know their coach needs to be qualified or not. 

Looks like there is still a lot of availability ticket wise prior to the 2pm general sale. Suspect quite a few ST season ticket holders can’t make all 3. 

Hopefully we’ll see the rest sell rapidly

tartofmidlothian
15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Fairly sure that is a fairly light punishment,  when a club that size doesn't know their coach needs to be qualified or not. 

3-0 default win for us would do nicely.

30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

😆 sounds fair!

Ricardo Quaresma

Kick them out; disgraceful

2 X 3-0 wins please, 2 less games, qualify at least 2nd, massive game to get to last 16 after Christmas, plus about a million bucks and 4 coefficient points

Thanks in advance

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not so sure Zurich were a good team. 

0 wins in 7 in the league from what I can see. 

They were Champions last season but yes I wasn’t impressed at all with them, but they were better than us in taking chances and being cute with refs. 

Ainsley Harriott
On 03/09/2022 at 16:52, tartofmidlothian said:

Excited for this, but shiteing it after the last couple of matches too. The way things have been going we better enjoy Europe while we can this season, just in case.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Grant/Kio Cochrane

Forrest Mckay

Shankland

Get Atkinson to ****, flat back 4 of smith halkett Kingsley and Cochrane 

2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Get Atkinson to ****, flat back 4 of smith halkett Kingsley and Cochrane 

What's this get hearts players to **** patter? Get you to **** before any of them!

Berra than you
57 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's just a list of players on our books though. In the app we have our 25 players registered to play in Europe, and none of them featured.

It must be a mistake cause checking back, Boyce is included in the list and surely we aren't putting him forward for selection.

Edited by Berra than you

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Maybe he can use a plane to get his message across. 

PbPqxp80NPVJpBGSXx3_cg_r.jpg

Hahahahaha that’s brilliant 👍🏽👏🏾

Ainsley Harriott
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What's this get hearts players to **** patter? Get you to **** before any of them!

Atkinson is merley a poster boy for Joe's recruitment team. Hopeless footballer who should be nowhere near our first team.

What I'd like to se on Thursday:

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Kingsley  Cochrane 

Devlin  Kio  Haring 

Forrest McKay

Shankland

With Kio work permit still up in the air he's probably not going to be involved so that wold then leave a choice of Halliday, Atkinson, Mackay-Steven. Those with Grant in their teams, surely he is suspended. 

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Kingsley

Forest

Devlin

Kio / Grant / Haring

Cochrane

Humphreys

McKay

Shankland

Attack Attack Attack 🇱🇻

Edited by JAYEL

21 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Atkinson is merley a poster boy for Joe's recruitment team. Hopeless footballer who should be nowhere near our first team.

I'd still get you to **** before him a hundred times over

I have no Sky or BT sports subscription. I see BT3 are showing Thursday's game so I presume that I'll be able to buy a one-off package for that. Any advice from regulars on this process from , and does it mean that BT3 will have the later  games as well?

Any wrinkles, advice welcomed.

tartofmidlothian
22 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What I'd like to se on Thursday:

Gordon

Smith  Halkett  Kingsley  Cochrane 

Devlin  Kio  Haring 

Forrest McKay

Shankland

With Kio work permit still up in the air he's probably not going to be involved so that wold then leave a choice of Halliday, Atkinson, Mackay-Steven. Those with Grant in their teams, surely he is suspended. 

Good point about Grant, and good team choice too. But it's ****ed we only have about four CMs and one of them is out long-term, one is nearing the end of his career and one is a brand new signing we know nothing about.

Where's Tom Rogic when we need him? ::troll::

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I have no Sky or BT sports subscription. I see BT3 are showing Thursday's game so I presume that I'll be able to buy a one-off package for that. Any advice from regulars on this process from , and does it mean that BT3 will have the later  games as well?

I have Sky but no BT but all the games are on BT.  I’m assuming I will just have to get BT for 2 months for the away games (and home games if I can’t get tickets). 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I have Sky but no BT but all the games are on BT.  I’m assuming I will just have to get BT for 2 months for the away games (and home games if I can’t get tickets). 

Probably cheaper to source them illicitly

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I take it you will be watching online as you have no platform to add BT Sports to

Probably best to download the BT Sports app and see what offers are there once you log in

Edited by JAYEL

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Probably cheaper to source them illicitly

1 minute ago, JAYEL said:

I take it you will be watching online as you have no platform to add BT Sports to

Probably best to download the BT app and see what offers are there once you log in

Yup, I have a Smart TV but it's a real Faff to use so I'll use my Desktop which has a decent sized screen. I'll investigate the App.

Thanks all.

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***