***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Naisys Tackle

They are much better than Zurich, top of the Turkish league and pumped Antwerp 3-1 away who are top of the Belgian league.

Hopefully take the game to them.  Play with high pace and no fear. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

They are much better than Zurich, top of the Turkish league and pumped Antwerp 3-1 away who are top of the Belgian league.

Its a funny old game, today will have little bearing, its going to need that first 45 against Zurich and a lot of tactical discipline to get anything from it.

Feel good factor needed by some sort of performance carried into the following week 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its a funny old game, today will have little bearing, its going to need that first 45 against Zurich and a lot of tactical discipline to get anything from it.

Feel good factor needed by some sort of performance carried into the following week 

Yeah totally agree. 

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It’s a wonderful, and somewhat optimistic post, Robbie.

In reality though, we are not currently playing with high pace, and appear to fear all-comers.

That, is not a good combination.

Bazzas right boot

To many shitebags in our support. 

****s the point in getting to Europe just to shite the bed. 

Thankfully the players will rally and take it a game at a time.

Play our best, see what happens. 

Either way, we move on. 

Their two full backs are Brazilians so I'd imagine they will be very attack minded and also good on the ball & quick but might leave space for us on the counter.

Biglia their DM has 58 caps for Argentina. He'll be the one who dictates the game from deep. 

Ozil if fit is one of the greatest assisters of all time. Can't give him space to pick a pass.

Stefan Okaka is an absolute beast of a targetman, we need to someone that can try and compete with him physically. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring 

Forrest Devlin Orestis McKay

Ginnelly 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s a wonderful, and somewhat optimistic post, Robbie.

In reality though, we are not currently playing with high pace, and appear to fear all-comers.

That, is not a good combination.

Yeah I know mate but theres something always magical about European nights in Gorgie that makes me dare to dream.  Can't help it really. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, DB-14 said:

A team that’s conceded 0 goals in the league vs a team that’s had no clean sheets in 14 competitive games  consecutively.

:interehjrling:

Nah - apparently it will be a piss easy win for us.

Can tell some fans have less European experience than the players.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Their two full backs are Brazilians so I'd imagine they will be very attack minded and also good on the ball & quick but might leave space for us on the counter.

Biglia their DM has 58 caps for Argentina. He'll be the one who dictates the game from deep. 

Ozil if fit is one of the greatest assisters of all time. Can't give him space to pick a pass.

Stefan Okaka is an absolute beast of a targetman, we need to someone that can try and compete with him physically. 

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring 

Forrest Devlin Orestis McKay

Ginnelly 

I'm going with 

Gordon-Clark-Stewart

New massive TV screen

Neilson-Haring-Smith-Cammy-Cochrane

Kio-McCulloch

Don't' want Kingsley to get injured.

Edited by Lovecraft

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Either way, we move on. 

We needed a rally today after that shite bag performance against Kilmarnock 

Did we get it ? Did we **** 

It was even worse 

Oh and it’s the players that have shat the bed not the fans 

Edited by GBJambo

il Duce McTarkin
27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Worse than the clowns behind me who do nothing but obsess over their being coupons and the jokers in front who just spend the whole game looking at their phones at English scores.

Grim.

The modern football experience is far superior to when you could just stand next to your mates, talk shite, drink smuggled in cans of warm lager, and sook on the bong made out of an old export can filled with capri-sun.

32 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I'm going with 

Gordon-Clark-Stewart

New massive TV screen

Neilson-Haring-Smith-Cammy-Cochrane

Kio-McCulloch

Don't' want Kingsley to get injured.

:lol: parking the bus. Love it. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: parking the bus. Love it. 

I just hope we get that other TV screen in time, then Cochrane will be getting rested too.

28 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I just hope we get that other TV screen in time, then Cochrane will be getting rested too.

3 goalies and two TV screens. That's the positive game plan. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

3 goalies and two TV screens. That's the positive game plan. 

As long as we don't get Malmo'd.  It's all good.

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully most of folk posting on this thread won't bother attending as they seem to be more interested in betting on Hearts to lose than getting behind the team.

For sure amigo! I’m unable to get along on Thursday from work commitments and have sorted a family member out with my seat and got his wife a seat close by for her first Tynecastle experience. She knows what to sing and will do for the cause 🫶🏽

9 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Tbf to them, Emmerdale would’ve been a bit more of an exciting watch for them than the game. 

I’m definitely hoping they weren’t actually watching it at the game 😂

4 hours ago, jonesy said:

Worse than the clowns behind me who do nothing but obsess over their being coupons and the jokers in front who just spend the whole game looking at their phones at English scores.

Grim.

It’s brutal eh ! When I’m watching my team.. I’m watching my team. The Mrs knows just to let me be and thinks it’s amusing the fact that full grown men pay to slag off what they’ve paid to go and see !! IN A CUP GAME 🤷🏻

Really wish Rowles was fit.  Certainly hope Halkett is fit.  For oce I'll be happy with 0-0 at half time.

I only know wjat I've learned on this thread about the oppostion but 2-0 Hearts.

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Either way, we move on. 

So who shit the bed the last two games? This team couldn't take a dug a walk.

7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Either way, we move on. 

The biggest shitebags at Hearts are unfortunately sitting in the dugout, hopefully not for too much longer. 

Early kick off time not going to help with the sell out. Might be worth putting kick off time on title thread as can imagine some missing this

Edited by Newton51

Despite recent performances, looking forward to this, whether I'm watching it at home or at Tynecastle. 

Yes, we are up against it, yes, recent performances are a concern but it's a big European night and we need to get behind them on the night. I don't think anybody is under any illusions that they are far better in every department, but, if we get after them then maybe, just maybe, we can catch them napping with a touch of complacency and make it an uncomfortable night. 

Even in what is highly likely to be defeat, we at least need a performance to show the last few performances have been a blip and not a worrying trend. We need to do our part though and lift the players, even if they have been poor in the last few games. 

:flag1:

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

They are a team owned by their government since 2014. They are despised in Turkey. Their average gate is 2500. They are nothing to worry about. Our problem is, psychologically we are as soft as shite. (See today). We need a nasty ******* in the middle of the park preferably with the armband 👍🏻

Absolutley, and one that will challenge, behind closed doors,  the nonsense coming from Robbie. 

Too many yes men keeping the head down i suspect.

Howdy Doody Jambo
5 minutes ago, BossmanDaz said:

Despite recent performances, looking forward to this, whether I'm watching it at home or at Tynecastle. 

Yes, we are up against it, yes, recent performances are a concern but it's a big European night and we need to get behind them on the night. I don't think anybody is under any illusions that they are far better in every department, but, if we get after them then maybe, just maybe, we can catch them napping with a touch of complacency and make it an uncomfortable night. 

Even in what is highly likely to be defeat, we at least need a performance to show the last few performances have been a blip and not a worrying trend. We need to do our part though and lift the players, even if they have been poor in the last few games. 

:flag1:

How do you know that they are far better in every department? 

I've never even heard of them 

Have you seen much of them or know much about their team players and style of play? 

They won't like playing in Gorgie just like we don't like playing on plastic pitches at livi

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

0-2

Craig Gordon MoM. Shots on target = 0

You might want to try and get odds for that. Not a bad hunch on last week.

Given our current form and problems, I really fear that this could be bad, current feeling is that we'll be lucky if it's 5 nil.

1 hour ago, savage said:

I suspect we might struggle to sell this out after our recent results.  Hope not cause we will need a 12th man against this mob 

It will be sold out 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Given our current form and problems, I really fear that this could be bad, current feeling is that we'll be lucky if it's 5 nil.

You think that's worth sharing?

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You think that's worth sharing?

Others shared their predictions with us pulling off wins. So what's wrong with me giving me giving my opinion? 

I hope I'm wrong but given how we've played against lesser opposition recently, other than a miracle we're going to get steamrolled.

Just as well we didn’t qualify for the Europa league given a lot of the comments on here. Clearly a wealthier team than us but we need to look to give it our best shot and see where it takes us.  I don’t get the point of getting into Europe if we dread playing teams better than us. 

looking forward to it. 

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Either way, we move on. 

Too many shitebags in our team and management 

On Kiomourtzoglou's work permit, I've been looking at some of the other foreign players signed in the Premiership this season to gauge how long it might take between signing and permit arriving.

Kyle Rowles 9/6 - 16/7 (37 days)

Elie Youan: 25/6 - 27/7 (32 days)

Bojan Miovski 28/6 - 22/7 (24 days)

Marijan Cabraja 13/7 - 27/7 (14 days)

Duk 15/7 - 18/7 (3 days)

Aziz Behich 27/7 - 10/8 (14 days)

In short, **** knows. It's only been 7 days since we announced him so it seems unlikely he'll be available for this game.

25 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

How do you know that they are far better in every department? 

I've never even heard of them 

Have you seen much of them or know much about their team players and style of play? 

They won't like playing in Gorgie just like we don't like playing on plastic pitches at livi

Yes, I've heard of them - I'd gather most that watch the champions league will remember they beat Manchester United a couple of seasons back. 

Yes, I've seen them play. My personal opinion is we need to watch them on the left as they are most dangerous on that side. Lucas Lima at full back and Chouiar at left wing will cause us problems. Okaka up top is just a beast, albeit not a prolific scorer. Interested to see how Bertrand Traore plays, if he does, as I've always thought he was dangerous when he gets going but he is a bit clumsy. 

I am certainly no expert on Turkish football but I do think they are quite a bit better than us. No team will enjoy Tynecastle but I think they are used to an atmosphere given the Turkish reputation. They don't play in front of many fans at home themselves usually but they are not well liked in Turkey so when they visit the likes of Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Trabzonspor that have 30k+ attendances that don't like them then I would think they will cope at Tynecastle. 

Just my opinion, hopefully I've overestimated them but it will be a very difficult night imo. 

3 minutes ago, JMR1902 said:

Has anyone received their digital ticket for the game as of yet?

I think others mentioned on the ticket thread it would be Monday 

All I ask is that we start with our strongest 11 and give it a right good go for 90 mins. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***