***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Excited for this, but shiteing it after the last couple of matches too. The way things have been going we better enjoy Europe while we can this season, just in case.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley

Atkinson Devlin Grant/Kio Cochrane

Forrest Mckay

Shankland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

They are a team owned by their government since 2014. They are despised in Turkey. Their average gate is 2500. They are nothing to worry about. Our problem is, psychologically we are as soft as shite. (See today). We need a nasty ******* in the middle of the park preferably with the armband 👍🏻

The only good thing about Thursday coming is it's at home. Hopefully the crowd is 100% better than it was against Kilmarnock. Had two guys talking about emmerdale behind me and I was with the wife ffs

As much as it’s exciting all the European stuff I am much more bothered about 3 points next Sunday against st mirren. However a defeat here will mean 6/7 going into that game which is just grim 

tartofmidlothian
7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

We need a nasty ******* in the middle of the park preferably with the armband 👍🏻

This x 100

European nights under the floodlights, it's what it's all about. No reason we can't play like we did against Zurich in the first half at home. We've gone a bit flat but injuries have thrown us, hopefully this week it comes together again.

August Landmesser
8 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Game on bt sport for those not aware

Yep, just saw us mentioned in their 'Thursday Niiiiiiiiights are Europaaaaaa Niiiiiiiiights' trailer. Gave me a wee tingle. 

I'm sure the team will be a lot livelier than they were today.

26 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

5/4 Istanbul, will help pay for one of the European trips. 

That's incredible odds quite frankly and surely won't be available for long!!

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

The only good thing about Thursday coming is it's at home. Hopefully the crowd is 100% better than it was against Kilmarnock. Had two guys talking about emmerdale behind me and I was with the wife ffs

Hopefully most of folk posting on this thread won't bother attending as they seem to be more interested in betting on Hearts to lose than getting behind the team.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hopefully most of folk posting on this thread won't bother attending as they seem to be more interested in betting on Hearts to lose than getting behind the team.

You can be shocked by odds without it meaning you are not behind the team.

1 hour ago, McNelly15 said:

Tbf to them, Emmerdale would’ve been a bit more of an exciting watch for them than the game. 

What are the current stadium regulations regarding taking a small rucksack in?

I decided that Edinburgh hotel prices are currently too much so I’m getting the Caledonian sleeper back to London after the match and want to carry a few bits and pieces with me.

It almost feels like this game has come around too quick, i feel there is definitely going to be regret at not adding another couple to the squad.

August Landmesser
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I decided that Edinburgh hotel prices are currently too much so I’m getting the Caledonian sleeper back to London after the match and want to carry a few bits and pieces with me.

You'll be fine, they'll just want to see inside it. Hope you're not taking pyro for the train home!

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

You'll be fine, they'll just want to see inside it. Hope you're not taking pyro for the train home!

Thanks! [no pyro no party]

LochcarronJambo

Total fear now….was optimistic after decent showing at home to Zurich, things were going to get better, yet gone other way ,no belief, no desire… not one player on form today with possible exception of Gordon… Thursday has the potential for  an absolute hiding if the team dont turn up & we are tactically useless like last couple of games

baron of ness
43 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

“They’re nothing to worry about”

FFS

😂😂

St. Johnstone got a draw away to Galatasaray who are currently 3pts behind Istanbul. You worry away Tams dug 👍🏻

LochcarronJambo
22 minutes ago, Bauld said:

No fancy shit.

Just set the team up to be hard to beat and try score some of the chances we create.

Substance over style.

If only

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

No fancy shit.

Just set the team up to be hard to beat and try score some of the chances we create.

Substance over style.

The very thing Neilson gets accused of by many as if it's a bad thing.

1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

It almost feels like this game has come around too quick, i feel there is definitely going to be regret at not adding another couple to the squad.

You better believe it. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You're fine as long as you don't take any bottles in, you'll be asked to chuck them. Even empties.

Or pyro or weapons obviously.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We'll beat this mob at home. 

Away, we'll be lucky to escape with 4.

I reckon we're getting beaten on Thursday, but hopefully we go down fighting. 1-2 or 2-3 won't be a bad result, although 0-4 is on the cards if we play like today.

Away, I wonder if they might have already qualified by November and decide to play the kids? Might get a point like we did against Spurs.

Gordon

Smith Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Devlin Haring 

Ginnelly McKay Forrest 

Shankland 

If Halkett is fit, it will make a massive difference. 

Edited by gnasher75

All we have is some creative players out wide. Zero through the middle. We're so one dimensional, Istanbul & Fiorentina will nullify us easily. Zero points gained in this group v those teams.

There's a possibility of some points home & away v Latvian mob.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I reckon we're getting beaten on Thursday, but hopefully we go down fighting. 1-2 or 2-3 won't be a bad result, although 0-4 is on the cards if we play like today.

Away, I wonder if they might have already qualified by November and decide to play the kids? Might get a point like we did against Spurs.

Fair and Well thought out. 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***