***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

If it wasn't bad enough chucking the game in injury time, watching Atkinson laughing and joking with Boyle at the end added insult to injury. Either sort yourself out son or GTF.

Yeah that’s not great tbh. Did you see Gordon barely look at Marshall before the game? That’s todays game all

over, surprised they didn’t swap strips. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Levein tried that, we didn’t have the players to play any kind of system or style. 

We didn't have the players to play Stendel's style and yet he persisted including playing the hologram week after week as he chucked them in.  A competent manager would have made us more compact first and foremost, and may well have got us to at least 11th, which would have saved us.

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:cornette_dog:

Two international team mates that know each other decided to speak after the final whistle.  How shocking.

Get a grip, mate.

Speak ? Fine. If he wasn't as gutted as the rest of us after the way that finished he shouldn't be on the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve missed the point spectacularly, going down there is akin to going to any away game outside Glasgow. You impose yourself on the game, show utter disdain for these lesser teams and win. Not shit the bed because a half fit speedster is coming on. 
Levein barely won down there either and certainly didn’t go for it much. Nobody can judge Stendel really in three months in the job with the problems we had, but he showed the way of playing them down there on that big pitch.

He did get a good performance out of us down there, as did Robbie today. And the last time. The only difference was the finishing was better that day. Stendel might have got us our best performance down there in years, but he also oversaw us making a total ***** of games vs every single diddy team in the league eventually taking us down (no it wasn’t right to end it early but we definitely were the worst team in the league when it was called). Maybe he would’ve stayed up & then we go on to finish top 3 the following year. Maybe he would’ve got relegated regardless, or kept us up but made a ***** of the next season. We’ll never know & fyi I felt sorry for him at the time to not get a real crack at it with a settled squad, but Robbie has objectively done well since returning. He’s not necessarily overachieved but he’s taken a team with no confidence who were in turmoil after years of objective failure & moulded it into a team most of us would agree is good value for becoming a European regular.

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Of course being 3 players down is partly down to Neilson. He says what he wants and finally decides if we sign each player.

Are you saying it is all down to Savage not finding the players?

Its down to the football recruitment department not finding/securing the players.  That is more than one person - not just Savage and Neilson, but I don't know who does what.  Neither do you.

59 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Its unbelievable. 😂

Its like bongo has 4 accounts. 

More accounts than brain cells 😁

Naisys Tackle
Just now, boag1874 said:

He did get a good performance out of us down there, as did Robbie today. And the last time. The only difference was the finishing was better that day. Stendel might have got us our best performance down there in years, but he also oversaw us making a total ***** of games vs every single diddy team in the league eventually taking us down (no it wasn’t right to end it early but we definitely were the worst team in the league when it was called). Maybe he would’ve stayed up & then we go on to finish top 3 the following year. Maybe he would’ve got relegated regardless, or kept us up but made a ***** of the next season. We’ll never know & fyi I felt sorry for him at the time to not get a real crack at it with a settled squad, but Robbie has objectively done well since returning. He’s not necessarily overachieved but he’s taken a team with no confidence who were in turmoil after years of objective failure & moulded it into a team most of us would agree is good value for becoming a European regular.

We weren't good today by any way of the imagination.  They are utterly shite and we failed to put the throttle down. 

57 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nah I just imagined it and made it up 🙄

That’s what I thought!  Cheers for confirming, Bing.  👍

It’s just as well that they didn’t have to also beat Inverness, Dundee United and Rangers to actually lift the trophy.

They’d never had managed that without Robbie’s help.

2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Speak ? Fine. If he wasn't as gutted as the rest of us after the way that finished he shouldn't be on the pitch. 

You seem to think everyone lives in your bubble.  Atkinson played well when he came on.

Get a grip and stop hunting for scapegoats.

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Boyce looked like he was carrying a knock when he came off.

The fact is that we still don't have a strong enough bench to replace like for like.  I don't think the likes of Gino or GMS will change a game.

Agree! Another option up front is required 👍 

3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

He will be gutted, they all will be. He’s also unbeaten v them.

Just in from the game very disappointed that we let that one slip. We should have been out of sight five mins onto the second half but if you don't put these chances away etc etc. Not surprisingly Hibs aren't as crap as a lot on here claim. Definitely 2 points dropped for us and a point won for them. I thought Boyle couldn't play today. Wouldn't it be great if someone's ballsed it up and he's not actually registered yet. Having said that I thought Cochrane coped with him well today.

1 minute ago, argyjambo said:

More accounts than brain cells 😁

That point would still be valid if he had only two accounts.  👍

1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Just in from the game very disappointed that we let that one slip. We should have been out of sight five mins onto the second half but if you don't put these chances away etc etc. Not surprisingly Hibs aren't as crap as a lot on here claim. Definitely 2 points dropped for us and a point won for them. I thought Boyle couldn't play today. Wouldn't it be great if someone's ballsed it up and he's not actually registered yet. Having said that I thought Cochrane coped with him well today.

I thought they were terrible today. If we had played like that in a home derby I would be raging. Poor finishing in the second half cost us big time. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

We weren't good today by any way of the imagination.  They are utterly shite and we failed to put the throttle down. 

Almost everyone is in agreement we should have been comfortable by the last 10, they started OK but we didn’t let them have many real chances & then we should have had the game put to bed by the time Boyle had his training gear off

Some folk need to have a day off. The subs weren’t great but we were 30 seconds from beating them again. We were far better than them for the majority of it and had McKay buried that chance in the second half it could have finished anything. That’s football for you though 

Just now, PapaShango said:

Some folk need to have a day off. The subs weren’t great but we were 30 seconds from beating them again. We were far better than them for the majority of it and had McKay buried that chance in the second half it could have finished anything. That’s football for you though 

:spoton:

Seems like football is too stressful for some people.

Fort Vallance
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You seem to think everyone lives in your bubble.  Atkinson played well when he came on.

Get a grip and stop hunting for scapegoats.

It's a forum. For opinions. Get a grip ? GTF.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Almost everyone is in agreement we should have been comfortable by the last 10, they started OK but we didn’t let them have many real chances & then we should have had the game put to bed by the time Boyle had his training gear off

Probably yep.  Because of how crap they are. 

We didnt play well at all though imo.  Our creative players played poorly. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

He won though, that’s the objective and is what folk who laud Neilson repeat all the time. 
I think we were 8th in the form table when lockdown happened. 
Neilson has done well, but we need to keep progressing and dropping points like today won’t help that. 

1 minute ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's a forum. For opinions. Get a grip ? GTF.

Dry your eyes and stop acting like a bairn.

lost in space
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Its down to the football recruitment department not finding/securing the players.  That is more than one person - not just Savage and Neilson, but I don't know who does what.  Neither do you.

Yes, it is a team effort. Neilson is part of that team.

From interviews of Savage and Neilson, we do know how it works. Neilson says what he wants. The recruitment team scour the market, looking at stats. Recommendations are made and Savage and his team look at the players history and character etc. Savage looks at cost and discusses with agents. Savage draws up a list for Neilson to make a decision.

It will not work like that every time but that is the general working understanding.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I thought they were terrible today. If we had played like that in a home derby I would be raging. Poor finishing in the second half cost us big time. 

They don’t think like that though, they were happy after we beat them in the semi because they didn’t get humped. Strange breed. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He won though, that’s the objective and is what folk who laud Neilson repeat all the time. 
I think we were 8th in the form table when lockdown happened. 
Neilson has done well, but we need to keep progressing and dropping points like today won’t help that. 

Complete nonsense.

The key stat is how many places in the league we slipped from when he joined to when the league stopped.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

They’ve explained how the system works on numerous occasions in the last year.

Pasquale for King
Just now, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense.

The key stat is how many places in the league we slipped from when he joined to when the league stopped.

Ok then. 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Poor finishing definitely cost us today.

They’ve explained how the system works on numerous occasions in the last year.

That only explains part of the picture.

Either we can't get the players we want or don't have people to find them.

59 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Grant should have had the full 90. 

He drags us up the park whereas with Haring and Devlin pairing we sit to deep. 

I wouldn’t have known he was on the park if it wasn’t for all those poor corners he took.

2 minutes ago, Korky said:

I wouldn’t have known he was on the park if it wasn’t for all those poor corners he took.

His legs were gone before he came off. Devlin done fine when he came on and got stuck in as usual. Grant took about 15 minutes to get up to speed with the pace of the game

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Neilson got the result he played for with half an hour to go. Not sure how that's a debate

You seem to have difficulty differentiating the words "debate" and "opinion".

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Grant should have had the full 90. 

He drags us up the park whereas with Haring and Devlin pairing we sit to deep. 

Grant didn’t really perform that well today mate.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Poor finishing definitely cost us today.

And poor defending

Which to be fair to me I was going on about in pre season. To the annoyance a lot of ***** on here.

We need a proper quality new defender to lead the back line. Despite 2 months of so of a window we don’t have one yet.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

And poor defending

Ehich to be fair to me I was going on about in pre season. To the annoyance a lot of ***** on here.

I really wondered what the hell the point of playing Bonnyrigg, Crawley Town, and Stoke was.  Could we not find anyone better to test ourselves against?

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

And poor defending

Ehich to be fair to me I was going on about in pre season. To the annoyance a lot of ***** on here.

We defended pretty well most of the game I don’t think that is our main area of concern. It’s all fine margins really. Take one of those chances in the second half and the games done

Just a thought, KB mentioned it on SKY how come Boyle gets cleared to play on a Saturday at 11 pm. Do they not close at 5 p. On Frday? Surely they have not Hibsdit again!

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You seem to have difficulty differentiating the words "debate" and "opinion".

You seem to have a difficulty putting forward an argument in neilsons defence

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So do I but the 70s were an anomaly really in these games. I’m still

hoping for an 8 nil. You’re obviously right about moving in though, someday maybe 🤔🤪😜

This is what Hearts do to you though and why we love the highs and lows of supporting them. I can't but help think maybe our neighbours are cheating by spending money that they don't have but surely such moral bastions wouldn't indulge in such under handed skullduggery? 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That only explains part of the picture.

Either we can't get the players we want or don't have people to find them.

Ho do you know that, the window isn’t closed. You can’t force teams to give you the players you want, for the right price at the right wages. We wanted Simms back but it’s nobody’s fault he went to Sunderland. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Grant didn’t really perform that well today mate.

He was alright, never hid and got stuck in where he had too, couple of nice passages of play went through him  

Haring didn't have a great game either, but i just feel after Robbies poor substitutions we where sitting much deeper and i don’t think that happens if we keep Grant and Forrest on the park. 

There was no need to make such defensive subs while we where in the ascendancy. 

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

You seem to have a difficulty putting forward an argument in neilsons defence

You are having a 'mare. :rofl:

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jimbojambo said:

This is what Hearts do to you though and why we love the highs and lows of supporting them. I can't but help think maybe our neighbours are cheating by spending money that they don't have but surely such moral bastions wouldn't indulge in such under handed skullduggery? 

Agreed, Ron’s loaded according to the economic experts in Leith. 

2 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Just a thought, KB mentioned it on SKY how come Boyle gets cleared to play on a Saturday at 11 pm. Do they not close at 5 p. On Frday? Surely they have not Hibsdit again!

I remember the SFA opened their offices on a Saturday so Sinclair could play and score against us for Celtic the next day. 

4 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Imagine sitting off a weak Hibs team. Keep the players , boot neilson 

😂😂😂😂FTH

Ho do you know that, the window isn’t closed. You can’t force teams to give you the players you want, for the right price at the right wages. We wanted Simms back but it’s nobody’s fault he went to Sunderland. 

Agreed.  To me we could do nothing about Simms but we desperately need to find a replacement type for him.  Shankland doesn't play that type of game.

Whilst disappointing , and we could and probably should have been two or three up by the time that ridiculous amount of injury time was added on, those scum sucking junkie inbreds have not tasted victory against the Glorious Heart of Midlothian since last decade , 2019 , I smell another 22 coming FTH

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, Ron’s loaded according to the economic experts in Leith. 

Anyone know what size their playing staff is these days? They are going to have to introduce shifts at this rate