***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We created 3 great chances post formation change.

...and 62 before - valid point though.  Still prefer 4-4-3 with today's available players.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

1 minute ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Nah but when you take off most your attacking players for defensive ones and change the formation to a more defensive one whilst only having a 1 goal lead on a shite team he should definitely shoulder part of the blame.

Except that isn't true and you don't know what you are talking about.

Did you want him to leave on injured players?

We didn't win because of poor finishing and a defensive mistake.  Get over it.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

23 days.  Not yet at the time when a window heats up.  Just be patient. 

Yip, it's not "slamming shut" anytime soon. 

Shooter McGavin

For those mocking hibs fans for celebrating a draw, we’d do the exact same if we’d just scored a last minute equaliser.

Move on to next week 🇱🇻

Sierra Delta

Really don’t think Robbie done much wrong with the substitutes.

Atkinson not as strong as Smith defensively so made sense to bring on Sibbick at the same time to help defensively. That also allowed Atkinson to get forward quite a bit, which was quite a successfully channel of play for us a few times in the second half. 

We had the chances to wrap the game up, didn’t take them and hit with a sucker punch with the last kick of the ball. 

RudiSkacel51
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Except that isn't true and you don't know what you are talking about.

Did you want him to leave on injured players?

We didn't win because of poor finishing and a defensive mistake.  Get over it.

So Halliday for Boyce and Natty for Forrest whilst changing to a back 5 when you still have attacking players isn't more defensive?

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

For those mocking hibs fans for celebrating a draw, we’d do the exact same if we’d just scored a last minute equaliser.

Move on to next week 🇱🇻

Aye, but a pitch invasion? Crikey!!!

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The players we have signed have been very good all starters and that’s what we needed. However I don’t think anyone can be satisfied with where we are, Savage and his team are all over recruitment throughout the year and are geared up for signings from the day the window opens, they’re certainly not last minute panic buyers. We might never know but I more than suspect we’ve missed out on a few targets and that’s why we are where we are 2 games into the season. We may well pick up some good signings from the loan market but I don’t think it’s been a brilliant window by Savages standards. A 6/10 so far.

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

I would hope our team never does laps of honour for just drawing against the vermin 

They never did?

surely not!!😱😱😱

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, but a pitch invasion? Crikey!!!

Aye that’s completely daft, but that’s their problem.

6 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

So Halliday for Boyce and Natty for Forrest whilst changing to a back 5 when you still have attacking players isn't more defensive?

Boyce was injured and Forrest didn't have a great game.

The adjustment to formation was down to the players we had left once injured players were removed.

The issue was not taking our chances and a defensive mistake in the last 30 seconds.  Grow a pair and deal with it.

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye that’s completely daft, but that’s their problem.

Along with a hail of missiles chucked at our players at every opportunity.

9 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Apparently not incredibly 

The Real Maroonblood
49 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm more Hearts than you will ever be, happy with a draw? loser mentality. 

And rather than call it out, you would rather crawl up Robbie and Ann, so much i reckon you could tell us what they had for breakfast. 

:lol:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All my point is that other teams have got what look like key players in by now.

I am not saying we won’t but (i) we still have work to do and (ii) I question if we have to wait until after the season starts every year to get our best signings when other teams - even “lesser” teams don’t. 

12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Move on to next week 🇱🇻

Not  mocking the goal celebrations, (although the pitch invasion was embarrassing) mocking the fact that as i was walking away from ER i could hear sunshine on leith over the tannoy and hibs fans celebrating as if they had won. 

That is wee team mentality. 

if we had scrapped a draw against them at Tynecastle we would be booing. Am i right? 

RudiSkacel51
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The adjustment to formation was down to the players we had left once injured players were removed.

The issue was not taking our chances and a defensive mistake in the last 30 seconds.  Grow a pair and deal with it.

So we'll just ignore the fact he had Ginnelly & GMS on the bench but just decided to bring on defenders himself, he tried to defend a 1 goal lead and it failed. As I said previously I like Robbie but he got it wrong today.

Shooter McGavin
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Along with a hail of missiles chucked at our players at every opportunity.

That’s a completely different situation altogether. My original comment was about “celebrating a draw”.

2 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

So we'll just ignore the fact he had Ginnelly & GMS on the bench but just decided to bring on defenders himself, he tried to defend a 1 goal lead and it failed. As I said previously I like Robbie but he got it wrong today.

Exactly 

2 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Neither have been good enough to get a regular starting place.  TBH I think Ginnelly is on his last chance at premiership level, and I don't think GMS is what we need.

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Move on to next week 🇱🇻

We did the same in the Weir derby to be fair although that was 2 injury time goals just after they scored in something like the 88th and 90th minutes.  Surely the most remarkable derby ever?

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Not  mocking the goal celebrations, (although the pitch invasion was embarrassing) mocking the fact that as i was walking away from ER i could hear sunshine on leith over the tannoy and hibs fans celebrating as if they had won. 

That is wee team mentality. 

if we had scrapped a draw against them at Tynecastle we would be booing. Am i right? 

Wee team mentality or not, I doubt we’d be booing if we’d equalised with the last kick of the ball mate.

Although securing a draw with a last minute kick is technically “scraping it”, it’s still going to be celebrated, and rightly so, as we’d do the same.

2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That’s a completely different situation altogether. My original comment was about “celebrating a draw”.

Not arguing with you; but add the missiles to their OTT celebrations and it reeks.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We did the same in the Weir derby to be fair although that was 2 injury time goals just after they scored in something like the 88th and 90th minutes.  Surely the most remarkable derby ever?

Possibly, and again, if people think in those moments you go “aw, we’ve scraped this and only got a point, won’t bother celebrating” then they’re kidding themselves.

We dropped two points today, we move on.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Why do that an ignore the fact that Ginnelly and GMS are both lightweights and can be like playing with a man down?

You want that when digging out a win away from home?

When have GMS or Ginnelly ever been match winners as later subs away from home.

Ever?

Shooter McGavin

When Alim Ozturk slammed in that late in the game screamer to, secure a draw, did people hold back because it was only a draw?

No, we went ape s***, and rightly so. 

All this “celebrating like you’ve won the league” chat is a lot of guff.

42 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Our squad isn’t big enough yet and doesn’t have enough quality (as I’ve been saying….).

Recruitment needs to sort it out. Not long left.

So you keep saying 

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The players we have signed have been very good all starters and that’s what we needed. However I don’t think anyone can be satisfied with where we are, Savage and his team are all over recruitment throughout the year and are geared up for signings from the day the window opens, they’re certainly not last minute panic buyers. We might never know but I more than suspect we’ve missed out on a few targets and that’s why we are where we are 2 games into the season. We may well pick up some good signings from the loan market but I don’t think it’s been a brilliant window by Savages standards. A 6/10 so far.

We can only sign players we can afford and who want to come to us.  Every club misses out on players in every transfer window. Players, more likely agents, know the amount of interest in them and always hang around waiting for the best deal.  We missed out on Simms purely because of cash, can’t say I blame Savage and his team for that. On the contrary I’m glad they waited it out to see if we could get him. I’m confident they have players on the way in, just a question of whether they actually get here. 

11 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Everybody on here knows that the two you mention are on the way out if we can find some club to take them. They were bench-fillers today, Ginelly has hardly played in ore-season. 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why do that an ignore the fact that Ginnelly and GMS are both lightweights and can be like playing with a man down?

Ever?

His point is they didn't need to be match winners.

4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Wee team mentality or not, I doubt we’d be booing if we’d equalised with the last kick of the ball mate.

Although securing a draw with a last minute kick is technically “scraping it”, it’s still going to be celebrated, and rightly so, as we’d do the same.

Booing or not booing but certainly not singing and playing our anthem over the tannoy. 

it is what it is really. If they feel comfortable doing that then fair enough. 

Sore one to take, ah well, over it tomorrow then looking forward to Sunday. 

FTH 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We had 2 strikers on the bench that we didn’t bring on.  Both with loads of pace which would have given their shite back 4 problems as they pushed for an equaliser.   I’m not saying I would have brought both on but 2 forwards off and one forward plus Devlin would have made more sense.  The substitutions were very negative, even the supposedly neutral BBC match report mentioned it.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We had 2 strikers on the bench that we didn’t bring on.  Both with loads of pace which would have given their shite back 4 problems as they pushed for an equaliser.   I’m not saying I would have brought both on but 2 forwards off and one forward plus Devlin would have made more sense.  The substitutions were very negative, even the supposedly neutral BBC match report mentioned it.

We got deeper and deeper with every sub and formation change. Withdrew all pace on the break and are shocked we conceded in the end. Mental 

5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

When Alim Ozturk slammed in that late in the game screamer to, secure a draw, did people hold back because it was only a draw?

There is celebrating a late draw away from home. Then there is a pitch invasion for a home draw. See the difference? 

Shooter McGavin
Just now, db211833 said:

There is celebrating a late draw away from home. Then there is a pitch invasion for a home draw. See the difference? 

Again, that’s their problem, I’m talking about 99% of punters, not the dafties that invaded the pitch.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Ever?

We didn’t need a match winner as we were already 1-0 up.  We just needed a simple out ball.  Boyce had cramp and Shankland looked ****ed,  plus Forrest had been anonymous.  We had Ginnelly and GMS on the bench plus I think Henderson too who has bags of pace.  Just someone to run the channels for 10 minutes and put their defence under pressure.  But the subs were all defensive and we were left with **** all up front.  

I liked the starting 11, very positive compared to the one last week. But the substitutions were very disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We can only sign players we can afford and who want to come to us.  Every club misses out on players in every transfer window. Players, more likely agents, know the amount of interest in them and always hang around waiting for the best deal.  We missed out on Simms purely because of cash, can’t say I blame Savage and his team for that. On the contrary I’m glad they waited it out to see if we could get him. I’m confident they have players on the way in, just a question of whether they actually get here. 

Simms I can understand but guys like Grant and Rowles etc have been tracked and signed, I’m sure we had a few more of those signings lined up and for whatever reason they’ve not materialised, it’s what we get now that concerns me. We’ll not break the bank or drop quality and that’s how it should be, so that limits us. It’s key positions we need to fill.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

We celebrated a home draw against them in the 4-4 game.  It’s natural reactions from football fans, who cares?  Maybe not a pitch invasion but we celebrated that make no mistake - it’s even up there with some posters’ favourite derbies.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

We got deeper and deeper with every sub and formation change. Withdrew all pace on the break and are shocked we conceded in the end. Mental 

Nail on head.

13 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Aye, but the difference is that they are going mental at us continuing our unbeaten run v them. Wee team mentality, or what?

When Oztürk scored, it was at THEIR gaff.

Did we invade the pitch? Naw we didnae.

12 minutes ago, db211833 said:

I do. 👍👍👍

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Simms I can understand but guys like Grant and Rowles etc have been tracked and signed, I’m sure we had a few more of those signings lined up and for whatever reason they’ve not materialised, it’s what we get now that concerns me. We’ll not break the bank or drop quality and that’s how it should be, so that limits us. It’s key positions we need to fill.

Opportunistic with some of them.  We were very close to signing Grant in the past but were gazumped at last minute. Could well have happened with others this summer.  We have looked at Davenport before as well but he was given promises at Blackburn that didn’t materialise and his injury took longer to clear up. The 13th month payment period only expired one week ago so it’s early days for many deals eg Davenport only arrived in Edinburgh last Tuesday, couple of days into August. If we have deals in the works I would expect something to happen this coming week before the first uefa deadline. 

Shooter McGavin
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, but the difference is that they are going mental at us continuing our unbeaten run v them. Wee team mentality, or what?

When Oztürk scored, it was at THEIR gaff.

Did we invade the pitch? Naw we didnae.

Feel free to write the rules on when fans can and can’t go daft after scoring a goal, and to what level is acceptable mate 😂

I don’t think anybody at the game is consciously going “Oh we’re at home, better reign it in a bit”

The pitch invasion stuff is a different thing altogether, and something I’m not prepared to get dragged into talking about as it’s not even the point of my OP.

23 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Sums it up for me. Hibs had ran out of ideas.  Boyle was doing nothing. We were well on top, their crowd was annoyed at their backward and sideways passes. 

Then Robbie decided to park the bus. 

Cheers Robbie. Again. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Feel free to write the rules on when fans can and can’t go daft after scoring a goal, and to what level is acceptable mate 😂

I don’t think anybody at the game is consciously going “Oh we’re at home, better reign it in a bit”

The pitch invasion stuff is a different thing altogether, and something I’m not prepared to get dragged into talking about as it’s not even the point of my OP.

Aye the fun police are out it seems!  I must remember never to celebrate a last minute equaliser ever again but only if we’re at home.  Mind that last minute penalty Velicka scored to make it 1-1 at Tynie against Celtic? I was just about to go mental until I remembered we were at home and that might be a bit uncouth!

25 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We didn’t need a match winner as we were already 1-0 up.  We just needed a simple out ball.  Boyce had cramp and Shankland looked ****ed,  plus Forrest had been anonymous.  We had Ginnelly and GMS on the bench plus I think Henderson too who has bags of pace.  Just someone to run the channels for 10 minutes and put their defence under pressure.  But the subs were all defensive and we were left with **** all up front.  

I liked the starting 11, very positive compared to the one last week. But the substitutions were very disappointing. 

None of those on the bench have done much at this level to justify your claim we would have been effective.

Its more likely they would be too lightweight to hold onto the ball.

Its pure hindsight and wishful thinking.

The truth is we need another striker of the Simms type and better options in midfield.  Beni will make a big difference but that might be Christmas.