***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I really wondered what the hell the point of playing Bonnyrigg, Crawley Town, and Stoke was.  Could we not find anyone better to test ourselves against?

It all seemed a bit last minute, the last two were organised in July. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

Pasquale for King
Just now, jimbojambo said:

Anyone know what size their playing staff is these days? They are going to have to introduce shifts at this rate

Boyle was 77 as that’s the lowest number available. 

Just now, frankblack said:

You are having a 'mare. :rofl:

Yeah it's definitely the people pointing out neislons flaws having a mare. Definitely. Is it now I insert a wee laughing emoji 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Tom Hardy’s Dug
10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

We defended pretty well most of the game I don’t think that is our main area of concern. It’s all fine margins really. Take one of those chances in the second half and the games done

We didn’t have to defend much against them and when they put pressure on us we were all over the place - I don’t know what you were watching?

1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

His record at ER is a hoodoo but it's an anomaly. His top flight win percentage is still over 50%. Exactly four  Hearts managers who managed a full season can say that: David Pratt, Frank Moss, Tommy Walker, and Robbie Neilson.

That's it. That's the list.

Please refrain from posting facts. 😁

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We didn’t have to defend much against them and when they put pressure on us we were all over the place - I don’t know what you were watching?

When were we all over the place? Gordon had one save to make all day! 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Please refrain from posting facts. 😁

You’ve got to remember everyone is shite now and we should be doing better.

Just now, Jambos1983 said:

Yeah it's definitely the people pointing out neislons flaws having a mare. Definitely. Is it now I insert a wee laughing emoji 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

giphy.gif

Go and have a lie down, son. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, PapaShango said:

I can’t legislate for missed chances.

Tranmere overloaded against us from crosses at least 3 or 4 times. PNE beat us. Not sure that Gordon comes into it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, jambopilms said:

So anytime we don't win it's because Robbie "shat it"

Yep - and when we do it’s because of Savage being a scouting genius.

I thought our time wasting was embarrassing today, players rolling around every 2 minutes, RN and fans say we dominated yet look at the game stats there are the facts not the maroon tinted version, Hibs fully deserved their equaliser let’s be honest about it. 

I dont blame Neilson at all to be frank ......but to make a statement that we totally controlled the game ? Sorry but we simply didnt ....1-1 could have been seen by quite a few as a fairer result than an outright win for either team - and instead I blame me for with 15 seconds left, stupidly saying - well thats it then-done !......then in stepped Halkett impersonating a statue as the FFFHibs guy left him stranded

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

and what a save - magnifico

24 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Neilson got the result he played for with half an hour to go. Not sure how that's a debate

👍

2 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

You're a moron if you don't blame neilson. No offence

You accusing others of being a moron isn't doing your case any favours.

Edited by frankblack

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You’ve got to remember everyone is shite now and we should be doing better.

Have you not just been saying that about the defence? Who is at fault for that 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

1 minute ago, busbyfth said:

and what a save - magnifico

More than one. If Craigie-boy gets crocked then we're up the creek. He's worth SO many points for us.

Mind you, his distribution? 🤭

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

He was alright, never hid and got stuck in where he had too, couple of nice passages of play went through him  

Haring didn't have a great game either, but i just feel after Robbies poor substitutions we where sitting much deeper and i don’t think that happens if we keep Grant and Forrest on the park. 

There was no need to make such defensive subs while we where in the ascendancy. 

You clearly know nothing about football. 

Haring was outstanding today doing the "dirty work" that every team needs 

periodictabledancer
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

The clearance from Marshall , Hearts defence ambling out , two Hibs players onside  - should've scored.

Ripped apart down the left within seconds of Halliday coming on. Zinger of a cross that just needed a tap in. 

Cross into the box that landed at the feet of two Hibs players, unmarked. 

That was just the last five minutes. 

Naisys Tackle
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

No, but when we dont have a go at actually properly smashing our shitey city rivals who just lost to Falkirk and Clyde and go into a shell to concede a last min equalizer then supporters are allowed to be frustrated. 

We never go down there under Robbie to use the game to our strengths and take it to them.  Its frustrating as anything.

KyleLafferty

I actually don’t think anyone played badly and they all got pass marks. We were 10 seconds away from saying what a performance and win.

9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I can’t legislate for missed chances.

Tranmere overloaded against us from crosses at least 3 or 4 times. PNE beat us. Not sure that Gordon comes into it.

That’s not the point you were trying to make tho. You said we were all over the place defensively. They put us under no pressure at until right at the end so to say we were all over the place is just nonsense 

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Of course, it's Robbies fault we missed three or four sitters in the second half. 

One of those goes in and it's a stroll. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

I dont blame Neilson at all to be frank ......but to make a statement that we totally controlled the game ? Sorry but we simply didnt ....1-1 could have been seen by quite a few as a fairer result than an outright win for either team - and instead I blame me for with 15 seconds left, stupidly saying - well thats it then-done !......then in stepped Halkett impersonating a statue as the FFFHibs guy left him stranded

I do agree with this - no team controlled that game. It was scatty, open, disrupted, messy.

We only had to close out 30 seconds and didn’t.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have you not just been saying that about the defence? Who is at fault for that 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

The individual players mate. 

Who do you think was to blame? The man that signed them, the man that chose them or the players that didn’t know how to stop a simple run and cross?

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Of course, it's Robbies fault we missed three or four sitters in the second half. 

Exactly it’s just football and sometimes you don’t get what you deserved. Doesn’t need to be a Robbie bashing every time we drop points. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

No, but when we dont have a go at actually properly smashing our shitey city rivals who just lost to Falkirk and Clyde and go into a shell to concede a last min equalizer then supporters are allowed to be frustrated. 

We never go down there under Robbie to use the game to our strengths and take it to them.  Its frustrating as anything.

We played most of the game with two of the best strikers in the league and two creative wingers. 

What else would you have done? 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

That’s not the point you were trying to make tho. You said we were all over the place defensively. They put us under no pressure at until right at the end so to say we were all over the place is just nonsense 

We were all over the place. 

The number of free crosses, crosses along the six yard box, and at the goal every defender seemed to be out of position (although I’ll have to double check that).

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

We played most of the game with two of the best strikers in the league and two creative wingers. 

Boyce isn’t one of the best strikers in the league. Not any more. Let’s be honest.

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

There would have been 3 or 4 more though, that's what's frustrating. We were dominating and playing really well then switched formation and personnel and sat back and invited pressure on. 

It was obvious what was happening at the time and as it unfolded.

It's so obvious that after getting it so right, he got it on. I don't get why people have such difficulty just admitting that. It doesn't mean he's garbage or should be fired...just that he rolled the dice when he didn't need to and it backfired. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I'm sure it will, nobody gets it right every time.

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I actually don’t think anyone played badly and they all got pass marks. We were 10 seconds away from saying what a performance and win.

Nobody would have said "what a performance"  it was completely flat against bottom 6 crap. 

Would have been a derby wins a win we move on etc. 

The Treasurer
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Boyce isn’t one of the best strikers in the league. Not any more. Let’s be honest.

Yes he is. 

Every team outside of the arse cheeks would have him in their starting eleven 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

You clearly know nothing about football. 

Haring was outstanding today doing the "dirty work" that every team needs 

Done ok. He has had better games. 

54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s what I thought!  Cheers for confirming, Bing.  👍

It’s just as well that they didn’t have to also beat Inverness, Dundee United and Rangers to actually lift the trophy.

They’d never had managed that without Robbie’s help.

Just think that might of been us if we hadn't chucked was it a 2 goal lead🙄

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I do agree with this - no team controlled that game. It was scatty, open, disrupted, messy.

We only had to close out 30 seconds and didn’t.

The individual players mate. 

Who do you think was to blame? The man that signed them, the man that chose them or the players that didn’t know how to stop a simple run and cross?

The man that picks them, then coached them. He takes responsibility for his team. If we can see it’s a problem surely he should too?

Edited by Pasquale for King

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nobody would have said "what a performance"  it was completely flat against bottom 6 crap. 

Wouldn’t say it was flat. I thought we played well. In our second competitive game this season in a fast paced fixture. I’m not going to argue with your opinion. I was happy with the performance considering what fixture it was. Highly confident in this team this year again. Need a few more bodies to play Thursday sundays.

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Looks like another season with an absolutely garbage midfield. 

You criticise at your peril.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Wouldn’t say it was flat. I thought we played well. In our second competitive game this season in a fast paced fixture. I’m not going to argue with your opinion. I was happy with the performance considering what fixture it was. Highly confident in this team this year again. Need a few more bodies to play Thursday sundays.

More quality rather than just bodies IMO.

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There would have been 3 or 4 more though, that's what's frustrating. We were dominating and playing really well then switched formation and personnel and sat back and invited pressure on. 

It was obvious what was happening at the time and as it unfolded.

It's so obvious that after getting it so right, he got it on. I don't get why people have such difficulty just admitting that. It doesn't mean he's garbage or should be fired...just that he rolled the dice when he didn't need to and it backfired. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I'm sure it will, nobody gets it right every time.

He rolled the dice again,........defensively. 

Who'd have thought,

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Fair enough.  For me they are rank and most the game was like a friendly/training game.  No pace or penetration and the defence shaky against some boy they had up top who couldnt even trap or control the ball properly.  Theyre shape was a shambles at times and couldnt even make simple passes without us even pressing them.  No wonder they where so happy as they really looked like a circus act and we didnt fully take advantage.  Worst derby in years for me and they are as bad as the Cup Final smashing side if not worse. 

Im confident too but thats what makes today so crap because we should be so so much better than them and how we played today.  There was very little aspects of very good about today at all even before their spawny equaliser.  

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just think that might of been us if we hadn't chucked was it a 2 goal lead🙄

Get over it

Just now, Mac80 said:

Get over it

Get over it it's not happened once, that's twice against those animals which makes it even harder to take!!!!.

They love Robbie and they let us know it every single time!!!! 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

That’s what I thought!  Cheers for confirming, Bing.  👍

It’s just as well that they didn’t have to also beat Inverness, Dundee United and Rangers to actually lift the trophy.

They’d never had managed that without Robbie’s help.

You are wasting your breath.

Seriously, though; the Stendal chat is tiresome and should result in a ban on all threads. 😉

One poster constantly banging on about a failed manager?

It's an obsession. Have pity.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I want a manager that believes he can win games of football, and not surrendering a lead against that mob every time we play them. 

I’m no Robbie fan but he’s growing on me.  He should have been gone after the Brora game or at least the QOTS a few days later when he failed spectacularly to get any sort of reaction to the worst result in our history. 

However, since we came up he’s done a great job.  Do I think he’s still too negative?  Yes.  But we saw both sides of him today.  A more attacking starting 11 than I expected.  But we still didn’t start the game on the front foot.  We were shite first half and scored with our only chance.  Yes Hibs  were pish first half too but still spurned 3 great chances. 

Second half, ironically, we lost it because we controlled the entire 45 (then completely lost our composure for the 5 minutes of injury time when they had 3 great chances after creating **** all for the 45 before it).  But I thought the substitutions illustrated why he will always split Hearts fans opinions.   So, so negative.  Yes, I get one of the substitutions but to take 2 attacking players off when we were bossing that half was disappointing to say the least. 

Naisys Tackle
13 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

We played one of they strikers more in midfield and would have told the two wingers to play a little wider as it was all too narrow. 

Grant and Forrest played terrible.  Their LB was booked early and after that didnt test him at all apart from the wing backs going forward twice in the second half. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Get over it it's not happened once, that's twice against those animals which makes it even harder to take!!!!.

They love Robbie and they let us know it every single time!!!! 

OK

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He was there for three months with a hopeless squad of losers, not sure anyone could’ve done much better. Anyone with any football knowledge could see the unfit team tire game by game with 4 in ten days resulting in the awful St Mirren game. All ifs and buts really, Neilson certainly has a great record at this level. 

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He won though, that’s the objective and is what folk who laud Neilson repeat all the time. 
I think we were 8th in the form table when lockdown happened. 
Neilson has done well, but we need to keep progressing and dropping points like today won’t help that. 

14% win percentage in the league. FOURTEEN PERCENT. That's historically terrible  Folk remember him well because he beat Hibs and Rangers but forget he LITERALLY BEAT NOBODY ELSE.  I agree that it wasn't all his fault, and that he inherited a mess, but his job was to improve our league position and save the season and the fact remains he went the opposite way, and that we were playing some of our worst football of the season when time was called.

11 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

As much as it pains me to say it, Boyle has taken them from a relegation contender to a likely top six finisher.

comradejambo

Disappointed with the result today. Should have seen it out but think we can look forward positively with a few more incoming and an already strong looking squad! Onwards and upwards.

Just as an aside from other topics already raised (perhaps already on this thread). 

Ball boys: how many times were there 2 balls on the pitch today? Looks like this tactic is being properly focused on to speed up / slow down the game for the home team…. They made a meal of it a few times Today but it looks like a tactic that’s been brought in (perhaps by more than hibs am guessing). Just noticed it much more today than I have in the past.