***Official Heart of Midlothian v H1b5 Match Day Thread***

Wee Mikey

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Did he coach them not to be able to tackle a bog standard winger?

Come on, if you dont think Halkett could have done better to block that cross then I don’t think you’ve watched more than 2 games of professional football.m

Dont be a dick and blame every player mistake as a stick to hit Robbie with.

You know that’s just being a ***** don’t you?

Yeah agree with you there, Halkett seemed to get his position all wrong and seemed to be trying to avoid giving away a penalty.   He strolled that game up to then as well. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m no Robbie fan but he’s growing on me.  He should have been gone after the Brora game or at least the QOTS a few days later when he failed spectacularly to get any sort of reaction to the worst result in our history. 

However, since we came up he’s done a great job.  Do I think he’s still too negative?  Yes.  But we saw both sides of him today.  A more attacking starting 11 than I expected.  But we still didn’t start the game on the front foot.  We were shite first half and scored with our only chance.  Yes Hibs  were pish first half too but still spurned 3 great chances. 

Second half, ironically, we lost it because we controlled the entire 45 (then completely lost our composure for the 5 minutes of injury time when they had 3 great chances after creating **** all for the 45 before it).  But I thought the substitutions illustrated why he will always split Hearts fans opinions.   So, so negative.  Yes, I get one of the substitutions but to take 2 attacking players off when we were bossing that half was disappointing to say the least. 

Robbie changed formation to try and counter Hibs bringing on Boyle, have to say effort from player's was poor when trying to win ball back, every time we lost possession we just regrouped and tried to make it hard for Hibs. 

No pressure on the ball at all. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Why does this debate need to be so polarised. Both the management and the players are to blame here. The players got dragged down to Hibs hoofball level when a bit of composure and thought was required. Poor finishing and poor defending cost us the game. The management are watching what’s going on and decide the way we’re playing could cost us so they change the shape and replace tired players. If those players do there job we win. However throwing on who they did was questionable, Sibbick and Atkinson are week on the right hand side and it gave Hibs the impetus to push on. 

Lessons need to be learned, Sibbick has played in pressure games and coped but he does have a mistake in him Atkinson to me looks way short of the mentality required in big games and he’s got a lot to learn about his positioning. I liked Lewis Neilson in preseason and while young he looks solid no nonsense out an out defender I think he was a better option. Also Halliday coming on seemed strange Hibs suddenly had no worries, Henderson’s pace would’ve given them something to think about and an out ball for us.

So for me a collective **** up and it can’t be allowed to happen again, we always get dragged into their game down there. 

We need to start being realistic, we have a number of weaknesses in our side when we have key players injured. Devlin Beni and Kingsley are a big miss (I know Devlin came on but he’s not fit yet) and we desperately need options up front Boyce and Shankland were good today but absolutely knackered by 75/80. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Get over it it's not happened once, that's twice against those animals which makes it even harder to take!!!!.

They love Robbie and they let us know it every single time!!!! 

They love him and yet they haven’t beaten us since 2019

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah agree with you there, Halkett seemed to get his position all wrong and seemed to be trying to avoid giving away a penalty.   He strolled that game up to then as well. 

I agree - he was more worried about the potential pen but that meant he didn’t defend it properly - he could easily have slide tackled whoever it was that put the cross in. Disappointed he shat it.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Looks like another season with an absolutely garbage midfield. 

Our midfield is the issue. 

It's obvious. 

Beni is our only complete midfielder. 

Devlin has a good engine but does not drive forward or create. Hes good foil for a Beni or Djoum type. 

Haring adds height and a bit composure but is slow in thought and movement. He's becoming more of a liability as the rest of the team around him improves. 

Grant, jury is still out. 

Halliday is just average at everything, he's not a good midfielder. 

A good midfielder would transform us. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

And lost two semis against him….

Just now, GBJambo said:

Do you think they care they are the last Edinburgh club to win the Scottish Cup. 

I hate them. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie changed formation to try and counter Hibs bringing on Boyle, have to say effort from player's was poor when trying to win ball back, every time we lost possession we just regrouped and tried to make it hard for Hibs. 

Yes, you’re right this week - he changed formation from a back 4 to a 3.  But last week you were telling us he changed from a 4 to a 3 second half when he clearly didn’t!

The Treasurer

Looking at the replies to my posts I was clearly at a different game from all the JKB experts, so I better just leave this thread 

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you think they care they are the last Edinburgh club to win the Scottish Cup. 

I hate them. 

Yeah of course they didn’t care we beat them in the last 2 semis and in fact every single game we’ve played them at Hampden.

This can’t be good for you, go and have a pint, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

6 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Disappointed with the result today. Should have seen it out but think we can look forward positively with a few more incoming and an already strong looking squad! Onwards and upwards.

Just as an aside from other topics already raised (perhaps already on this thread). 

Ball boys: how many times were there 2 balls on the pitch today? Looks like this tactic is being properly focused on to speed up / slow down the game for the home team…. They made a meal of it a few times Today but it looks like a tactic that’s been brought in (perhaps by more than hibs am guessing). Just noticed it much more today than I have in the past.

Lee Johnson made the point he had been training the ball boys too influence the game in the pre match press conference. 

Made a James Hunt of it on numerous occasions. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Get over it it's not happened once, that's twice against those animals which makes it even harder to take!!!!.

They love Robbie and they let us know it every single time!!!! 

Robbie reversed hibs being In front of us in 1 season. 

He helped keep them down for 3 seasons. 

He finished their European hopes and put them in the bottom 6 and a  week later we put them out another semifinal. 

Hibs fan nothing Robbie, only rabid phoodle types think they love him and think he won the cup for them. 

They actually laugh at these types and hope these types get their way and push him out as under him we're only going one way and that way is well above hibs. 

Hibs would love us to empty Bob and go all out on a limb with randoms in some dream of winning the league. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Looking at the replies to my posts I was clearly at a different game from all the JKB experts, so I better just leave this thread 

I wouldn't worry. These guys were hoping we'd lose so they were more than happy that Hibs equalised at the end. 

Bunch of anti Neilson weirdos 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick and Atkinson were coming on before Boyle had been given the shout by Hibs.

He had already decided then to attempt to see the game out.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He finished their European hopes and put them in the bottom 6 and a  week later we put them out another semifinal. 

Hibs fan nothing Robbie, only rabid phoodle types think they love him and think he won the cup for them. 

They actually laugh at these types and hope these types get their way and push him out as under him we're only going one way and that way is well above hibs. 

Hibs would love us to empty Bob and go all out on a limb with randoms in some dream of winning the league. 

No point justifying yourself to such types.

All the chat is about Halkett at the goal but Rowes got caught in no mans land and left them outnumbered and stretched in the box. Thought he did OK and was thrown in at the deep end but looked rattled in last 10

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just think that might of been us if we hadn't chucked was it a 2 goal lead🙄

Still going on about a game 6 ****ing years ago.  I seriously worry about you. 

it’s football, it happens. 

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yeah of course they didn’t care we beat them in the last 2 semis and in fact every single game we’ve played them at Hampden.

This can’t be good for you, go and have a pint, you’re embarrassing yourself.

And tell me what we won by winning these two games? 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😆 **** sake man

we tell the hibs we broke them on 19-05-12.

You are the only hearts fan I know who broke after 2016.  Listen.

NO ONE CARES 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I try my best not to reply to you but jeezo your clueless and an absolute clown thrown into the bargain 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😆 **** sake man

we tell the hibs we broke them on 19-05-12.

You are the only hearts fan I know who broke after 2016.  Listen.

NO ONE CARES 

That's because I hate them and would rather give them Feck all, they are so beneath us it's incredible, but then you have that clown giving them moments like today. 

Get him to Feck. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I try my best not to reply to you but jeezo your clueless and an absolute clown thrown into the bargain 

He absolutely reeks of Hibs.  Every argument on any thread ends with him bringing up some Hibs defeat somewhere.

No Hearts fan I've ever met would go there.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

No point justifying yourself to such types.

These types on hibs equaliser thought " yes, I'm gonna get torn in about Bob now, happy times". 

They're not even subtle anymore. 

If we are playing well or score-nothing, or very little. 

Do poorly or concede - all over threads. 

It's so obvious now it's funny. 

21 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hail Robbie!

FFS

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He absolutely reeks of Hibs.  Every argument on any thread ends with him bringing up some Hibs defeat somewhere.

No Hearts fan I've ever met would go there.

I'm more Hearts than you will ever be, happy with a draw? loser mentality. 

And rather than call it out, you would rather crawl up Robbie and Ann, so much i reckon you could tell us what they had for breakfast. 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

These types on hibs equaliser thought " yes, I'm gonna get torn in about Bob now, happy times". 

They're not even subtle anymore. 

If we are playing well or score-nothing, or very little. 

Do poorly or concede - all over threads. 

It's so obvious now it's funny. 

Yeah they didn't happen, nothing to see here, under the carpet yes. 

Haven't seen the game yet so have no idea how we played yet, but having watched some highlights and looked at the stats and goals, it feels as if this is a game we should have won, Halkett just has to clear that ball before the boy crosses for Boyle for their goal, just put your bloody boot through it and we win the game. Had a weird feeling that we wouldn't win today before a ball was kicked though and at least still unbeaten and taken a point at their hovel which is a plus, christ from the highlights it was as if hibs had won the world cup with their celebrations at the equalizer 😄 🤣 😂 

Oh well enjoy your point, your still finishing bottom six and we will beat them in the next two derbys of that I am confident.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You don't even hide it anymore. 

Beyond Rabid. 

When we beat Utd next week you'll be silienced for a week. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm more Hearts than you will ever be, happy with a draw? loser mentality. 

And rather than call it out, you would rather crawl up Robbie and Ann, so much i reckon you could tell us what they had for breakfast. 

I'm a realist and not a fantasist.  I realise we aren't as good as some think and need to strengthen.  I also realise we will drop points and lose games from time to time.

The financial reality is that we are miles behind the top two and not much different from the chasing pack, some who have bigger budgets than us.

45 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

He rolled the dice again,........defensively. 

Who'd have thought,

Evening news saying smith had a muscle strain  Replaced by Toby Sibbick with what looked like a muscle injury

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Hail Robbie!

FFS

Come back in 4 years. 

I've got news for you, You're not gonna enjoy the next 3 years. 

:jambobanana:

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Evening news saying smith had a muscle strain  Replaced by Toby Sibbick with what looked like a muscle injury

Clear as day those at the game Smith was injured.

Just now, DB-14 said:

Watched it on tv and didn’t pick that up. Did think it was a wee bit of a strange sub but makes sense now. 

Just now, DB-14 said:

Boyce looked like he went off with a knock too.

I didn't think the likes of Forrest or Grant played too well so subbing was fair.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Come back in 4 years. 

I've got news for you, You're not gonna enjoy the next 3 years. 

:jambobanana:

I've got a horrible feeling I won't. 

You do realise Hearts victories add to my enjoyment?

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You’ve turned into a real slaver. From your nonsense transfer rumours to just your bizarre rants about the manager.

Is everything ok at home?

33 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Quite! Is that 7 in a row unbeaten now?

Just look at how they celebrate a draw against us. You'd be forgiven for thinking that they'd just won the Champions' League.

A pitch invasion for a draw? Seriously?

That is both pathetic and laughable in equal measure.

But, hey ... that was their day in the sun.

A draw 😆 Long may it live in their memories.

It'll be part of H1b5' legendary derbies:-

Yes ... a bleedin' DRAW!!! 😀😀😀

Just now, frankblack said:

Boyce looked like he went off with a knock too.

I didn't think the likes of Forrest or Grant played too well so subbing was fair.

Boyce at game was clearly struggling as well. Was surprised tbh how long he lasted.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Watched it on tv and didn’t pick that up. Did think it was a wee bit of a strange sub but makes sense now. 

Definitely injured he was over on the touch line at the same time I think it was Campbell was down for them.

Just now, DB-14 said:

Definitely injured he was over on the touch line at the same time I think it was Campbell was down for them.

Cheers 👍

28 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You are being way too kind.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Our squad isn’t big enough yet and doesn’t have enough quality (as I’ve been saying….).

Recruitment needs to sort it out. Not long left.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Our squad isn’t big enough yet and doesn’t have enough quality (as I’ve been saying….).

Recruitment needs to sort it out. Not long left.

23 days.  Not yet at the time when a window heats up.  Just be patient. 

58 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just not true, sorry. Sibbick and Atkinson were stripped and on the touchline before Johnson called to Boyle who was warming up behind our goals. 
Yet again you just make stuff up.  Clearly the biggest non-truth peddler on this forum.  

RudiSkacel51
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

So anytime we don't win it's because Robbie "shat it"

Nah but when you take off most your attacking players for defensive ones and change the formation to a more defensive one whilst only having a 1 goal lead on a shite team he should definitely shoulder part of the blame.

1 minute ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Nah but when you take off most your attacking players for defensive ones and change the formation to a more defensive one whilst only having a 1 goal lead on a shite team he should definitely shoulder part of the blame.

Agree