Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

Des Lynam

I’m really surprised at the amount of people on here who’ve been completely taken in by this Gaza vote furore. It’s a completely pointless vote that would have no impact as Israel will not bow to international pressure. The right wing press have seized on this to attack Starmer. 

The country is in the grip of a cost of living crisis, energy companies openly bum ****ing the population not to mention the rampant thievery during covid. 

The hypocrisy of Westminster is staggering considering this bunch of idiots clapped and cheered Hilary Benn’s let’s bomb Syria more speech. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gundermann
28 minutes ago, Boris said:

Get where you are coming from, but I really don't think that Gaza is going to have much of an influence on the GE.

Obviously some people will not vote Labour because of it, but then are these folk going to vote Tory instead?

End of the day the economy, cost of living, shit public services etc are going to have more influence.

IMO.

It does influence people's perceptions of Labour and will lose them some support in England. Here and in Wales there are alternatives.

I'm not saying that people will remember it when it comes to vote but if the Middle East wasn't of any significance to our lives here, our govts here wouldn't spend so much time and money trying to control, bomb or influence it. Even this recent conflict has, apparently, had knock-on effects for food supples here. Price of oil is probably affected too.

I still expect Starmer to win easily in England but like someone else said, he's trying his best to Hibs it. Basically, people just see him as a more competent Tory.

19 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

It does influence people's perceptions of Labour and will lose them some support in England. Here and in Wales there are alternatives.

Yeah, I don't really disagree with that, but if you are looking at essentially getting folk who voted Tory last time to switch, I don't think Gaza is the defining issue.

I'm not saying that people will remember it when it comes to vote but if the Middle East wasn't of any significance to our lives here, our govts here wouldn't spend so much time and money trying to control, bomb or influence it. Even this recent conflict has, apparently, had knock-on effects for food supples here. Price of oil is probably affected too.

Again, not really going to disagree with that, but it's more geo-political than economic, IMO.

I still expect Starmer to win easily in England but like someone else said, he's trying his best to Hibs it. Basically, people just see him as a more competent Tory.

I think when Labour wins it is usually because they are seen as more competent, and usually centrist.  As Tory govts used to be (more or less) pre-Thatch.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

I've clearly touched a nerve you seem to take this debate a bit personally.

I don't take you making a show of yourself on yet another subject to heart at all. 

I've paid higher rate tax since around 2001 and never had an issue with doing so. That's how it works.

See folk that earn less than me, I don't think they're less than me nor do I think they work less hard than me. Most of them probably work harder. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I don't take you making a show of yourself on yet another subject to heart at all. 

I've paid higher rate tax since around 2001 and never had an issue with doing so. That's how it works.

See folk that earn less than me, I don't think they're less than me nor do I think they work less hard than me. Most of them probably work harder. 

But you vote snp and are Yes therefore you must be a layabout scrounging *****? 
Amirite???! 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

But you vote snp and are Yes therefore you must be a layabout scrounging *****? 
Amirite???! 

I'm definitely a ***** 😂

il Duce McTarkin
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm definitely a ***** 😂

:spoton:

il Duce McTarkin
26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It would be nice if there was some allowance made for unmarried couples in single income households where the earner is paying higher rate, but the partner is not working in order to look after young children. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

It would be nice if there was some allowance made for unmarried couples in single income households where the earner is paying higher rate, but the partner is not working in order to look after young children. 

It would be nice if every **** paid what they're due from individuals to corporations. 

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It would be nice if every **** paid what they're due from individuals to corporations. 

Agreed, but what about the arcane discrimination between married and unmarried couples that see the unmarried couples worse off? 

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, TallPaul said:

40% tax brackets shouldn't kick in until a lot higher than 42k maybe like 60k plus. People who earn decent salaries generally work hard for them and should be allowed to keep more or their earnings.

Just for accuracy, the Scottish higher rate tax band starts at £43,663, not £42,000. The amount of tax paid by a higher rate taxpayer is £349 less than your start point suggests.

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Agreed, but what about the arcane discrimination between married and unmarried couples that see the unmarried couples worse off? 

It's nonsense.

The whole tax system is nonsense though. 

The thing that troll Paul and his ilk forget is that the poor ***** at the bottom end don't have the luxury of 'legal' tax avoidance measures that higher earners do. 

The whole thing needs stripped down. Loopholes closed and a fair and equitable system built in its place with the caveat of if you don't like it, **** off elsewhere.

il Duce McTarkin
34 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

if you don't like it, **** off elsewhere.

Should be in the Begum thread imo.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Just for accuracy, the Scottish higher rate tax band starts at £43,663, not £42,000. The amount of tax paid by a higher rate taxpayer is £349 less than your start point suggests.

Still too low a threshold 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's nonsense.

The whole tax system is nonsense though. 

The thing that troll Paul and his ilk forget is that the poor ***** at the bottom end don't have the luxury of 'legal' tax avoidance measures that higher earners do. 

The whole thing needs stripped down. Loopholes closed and a fair and equitable system built in its place with the caveat of if you don't like it, **** off elsewhere.

Troll Paul 🤣🤣

You really are a massive bairn 

8 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Troll Paul 🤣🤣

You really are a massive bairn 

He doesn't have as many temper tantrums as you do, to be fair. 😅

Never heard such self-serving woe is me from a higher tax bracket payer. No-one works harder than TinyPaul here, right? 

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He doesn't have as many temper tantrums as you do, to be fair. 😅

Never heard such self-serving woe is me from a higher tax bracket payer. No-one works harder than TinyPaul here, right? 

Please reference where I had a tantrum? 

1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

The thread is littered with your self-pity over tax levels - impotent rage all over the shop. Poor Paul, the hardest worker in Scotland. 

Adam Croft on X: "@NadineDorries https://t.co/7prQAzXh33" / X

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The thread is littered with your self-pity over tax levels - impotent rage all over the shop. Poor Paul, the hardest worker in Scotland. 

It isn't though is it?

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, TallPaul said:

Ascribing negative feelings / behaviors to posters one doesn’t agreed with is an age old  tactic by a few on this . It’s akin to gaslighting . I just ignore when people  make these assumptions about me when I’m postings . It’s used to discredit and invalidate your views / opinions . 

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ascribing negative feelings / behaviors to posters one doesn’t agreed with is an age old  tactic by a few on this . It’s akin to gaslighting . I just ignore when people  make these assumptions about me when I’m postings . It’s used to discredit and invalidate your views / opinions . 

But it's fine for TallPaul to dispense said medicine but not take it by ascribing similar negative feelings to Thor?

Sarcastic Sure Jan GIF - Sarcastic Sure Jan Lies - Discover & Share GIFs

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

But it's fine for TallPaul to dispense said medicine but not take it by ascribing similar negative feelings to Thor?

Sarcastic Sure Jan GIF - Sarcastic Sure Jan Lies - Discover & Share GIFs

No . And I’m not called Jan . Well not tonight 😂

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
48 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He does like a good whine.

52 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He does like a good whine.

chateauneuf du pape please 

Dawnrazor
9 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

chateauneuf du pape please 

I love a Chateauneuf Du Pape, it would be better if it was called Chateauneuf Du Prodie but what can you do 🤷

i wish jj was my dad

Impressed that TMT had the patience to debate with the troll and explain the basic principles of how tax system is supposed to work.

I'm sure we'll have to revisit again soon thoughfor the special types on here who think they are the only people in Scotland to pay taxes . 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Impressed that TMT had the patience to debate with the troll and explain the basic principles of how tax system is supposed to work.

I'm sure we'll have to revisit again soon thoughfor the special types on here who think they are the only people in Scotland to pay taxes . 

Hang on, I think it's only TinyPaul who pays taxes in Scotland, right? The rest of us are layabout scroungers who don't work hard enough. ;) 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Can't wait for PM Starmer.

Glorious stuff. 

😂

BlueRiver
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😂

The Tory and SNP factions on here might combust. 

Be tremendous viewing. 

i wish jj was my dad
20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Hang on, I think it's only TinyPaul who pays taxes in Scotland, right? The rest of us are layabout scroungers who don't work hard enough. ;) 

No. There others who despite working 24/7 to enable the rest of us to live off the state somehow manage to find the time from their busy schedules to constantly remind us.  Tbf to the small troll, he doesn't seem to have quite the same amount of free time to do that or even think through his posts.  He just regurgitates whatever populist shite GB News happen to  be peddling. Poor lad must be a grafter though. 

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Can't wait for PM Starmer.

Glorious stuff. 

I'll give it 12 months until you're all squeaking about him being a Red Tory shitehouse.

Now that will be glorious

BlueRiver
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

I'll give it 12 months until you're all squeaking about him being a Red Tory shitehouse.

Now that will be glorious

There he is. 

image.thumb.png.943d55ebd8c220d2fcadb0459e8e8418.png

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Starmer hopes Dunbar get pumped the day as well I hear. 😉

Sauchie supporting **** that he is. ☹️

BlueRiver
9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Sauchie supporting **** that he is. ☹️

😂 braw day for it if you get along. 

We're away to Broomhill tomorrow so I'm still toying with heading along myself. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

😂 braw day for it if you get along. 

We're away to Broomhill tomorrow so I'm still toying with heading along myself. 

I'm away for a few pre-match pints in 5 mins. 

We could do with a win today keep up the top end of the league👍

Looks a decent day weather wise tomorrow, get along and enjoy it👍

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

The Tory and SNP factions on here might combust. 

Be tremendous viewing. 

Aye they will know ken who to bite their shite about ...turmoil ahead. :) 

The Mighty Thor
20 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Another embarrassing PMQ's🤦🤦

Starmer had the openest of goals to absolutely fillet Sunak on Tory racism and Islamophobia.

Did he? Of course not.

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Starmer had the openest of goals to absolutely fillet Sunak on Tory racism and Islamophobia.

Did he? Of course not.

What a snake. 

Gundermann

Did he? Of course not.

He's weak as piss.

Dawnrazor

Did he? Of course not.

It was probably the most pathetic and inept I've seen him, utterly pointless questions that Sunak turned against him every time, it Labour Party can't do better against this mob they don't deserve to win the next election🤦🤦

The Mighty Thor
17 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It was probably the most pathetic and inept I've seen him, utterly pointless questions that Sunak turned against him every time, it Labour Party can't do better against this mob they don't deserve to win the next election🤦🤦

He should've started on 30p Lee and just hammered away at Sunak on him and Braverman for 6 questions.

As usual he shat it.