Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

Japan Jambo
46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Proving my point. 

Glad to be of service 🙂 

Labour should of had more than enough in the tank to overturn that though - that was the seat of the worst PM in living memory. With regard to ULEZ/lack of subsides, it's ultimately not central governments job to hand out cheap cars to support the Mayor's vanity project. Kahn doesn't have a mandate for this and is deeply unpopular in pockets of the city where he is perceived (rightly imo) to be doing a really shit job. Labour, like the SNP ought to show that they can run the bits they do control well in order to be a credible alternative - suspect though that the benchmark will be marginally less incompetent.

Interesting you say very few cars, pretty sure TFL's claim that over 90% of cars were compliant was heavily questioned. The narrative down here is that according to DVLA records it's closer to 60% - had a quick look and can't see anything to support that but it's a common narrative so perception and all that! 

You are bang on the money though when you talk about this framing the economics of climate change. Practically everyone sees it as an issue but far fewer feel that they personally should bear the burden of paying for it. 

edit - had amnesia wrt Truss!!!

Edited by Japan Jambo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Malinga the Swinga
33 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Glad to be of service 🙂

Most people wish they forget her

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Gundermann. XB52. The Mighty Thor. Ri Alban. 

There's more. Pretty much the whole damn lot giving it the "oh well we might as well have another 5 years of Tory government lol". Christ one of them said a few pages back he wouldn't vote for Labour unless they practically adopt the whole SNP agenda.

The SNP agenda? 😂 I've not got a dog in the fight of Selby or Uxbridge or Froome. I genuinely couldn't give a tinker's cuss.

It's the SNP aganda, It's ULEZ, it's just about everything else other than the policy vacuum that is Sir Keith. Right?

If you want to extrapolate the 'SNP agenda' thing then anyone greeting about another 5 years of the Tories should ask themself one question. How did i vote in 2014 when the opportunity for real change presented itself?

If you voted fore more of the same then suck it up because that's what you'll be getting for the rest of your days.

To coin the oft used phrase, they knew what they were voting for. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

1 out of 3, they couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Labour were 1/10 to win the seat of the disgraced former PM. 

1/****ing 10 😂

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The SNP agenda? 😂 I've not got a dog in the fight of Selby or Uxbridge or Froome. I genuinely couldn't give a tinker's cuss.

It's the SNP aganda, It's ULEZ, it's just about everything else other than the policy vacuum that is Sir Keith. Right?

If you want to extrapolate the 'SNP agenda' thing then anyone greeting about another 5 years of the Tories should ask themself one question. How did i vote in 2014 when the opportunity for real change presented itself?

If you voted fore more of the same then suck it up because that's what you'll be getting for the rest of your days.

To coin the oft used phrase, they knew what they were voting for. 

In retrospect. I can't be bothered today 🤣 

Have a good weekend Thor and hope you enjoy the start of the Lowland League tomorrow! 

Edited by BlueRiver

Well it starts tonight but you know what I meant 🤣 (if I missed a Thursday fixture I don't want to know about it) 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, BlueRiver said:

See. 2014. Greeting about it again. 

You'd need eyes painted on. It's the SNP attack line and you're all happy to peddle it on here. 

Openly stated they hope for 5 more years of Tories cos Labour are diets. 

How did you vote in 2016 when real change presented itself? "Real change" is buzz word nonsense. 

I'm not bringing the SNP into a by election they had no part in. Labour shat it. Pure and simple.

If you voted No in 2014 then you voted for Tory governments for 25 years out of every 30. That's just how it is when the electorate down South dictate what happens up here. 

I voted to remain a part of the EU in 2016. Said English electorate fed racist bullshit and lies voted to remove my rights to live and travel throughout the EU.

Your guy, Sir Keith, wants to continue the outstanding work of the Tory ideologues by continuing with the biggest act of economic self harm ever visitied by a country on itself. 

However it would appear said English electorate aint buying his schtick. 

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not bringing the SNP into a by election they had no part in. Labour shat it. Pure and simple.

If you voted No in 2014 then you voted for Tory governments for 25 years out of every 30. That's just how it is when the electorate down South dictate what happens up here. 

I voted to remain a part of the EU in 2016. Said English electorate fed racist bullshit and lies voted to remove my rights to live and travel throughout the EU.

Your guy, Sir Keith, wants to continue the outstanding work of the Tory ideologues by continuing with the biggest act of economic self harm ever visitied by a country on itself. 

**** you got me before my edit 🤣

Portable Badger
21 hours ago, XB52 said:

He's just another poster who really, really, really voted SNP/for independence but never again😀😀

Apologies for the delay- I hadn’t noticed a couple of notifications were obviously related to this thread so I’m catching up.

You can believe what you what about my past voting history if it helps reinforce your theory.

I do not practice belligerent wedded support for any one political party. I vote for whom I believe will deliver what I believe is right and is declared in the their manifestos or, indeed in some cases, where I believe the candidate will deliver for my local community. I have voted for three different parties over the decades.

I have even voted for the Tories in the past. When I lived in South Bucks, when I was married, my local MP was Dominic Grieve (former Attorney General). He was a brilliant local MP who helped support many initiatives for my local rural area that made a profound difference to our lives. I didn’t vote for him on the national level but on a local level and what he would deliver for my community. I held a similar view of Fergus Ewing MSP when I lived in Inverness and what he does & how he supports the local Highland people and businesses.

Your doubted opinion of “ I voted SNP but never again” - do you honestly think that among all those Red Wall voters down in England, that held their noses after generations of being loyal Labour voters to “lend their vote to the Tories”, that some of them are not now of the opinion “I’ll never do that again”? It can and does happen.

I voted SNP, not because of independence, but because of some of their key policies they published in their manifesto. Some of policies resonated with me especially things like totally restructuring the taxes and business taxes. They never delivered it. It appeared in their next manifesto - they never delivered it again. I don’t particularly care for being duped. If you put it in the manifesto then do it and also deliver the benefits you claim it will.

For me, the SNP have lost the key element they require in a voter, namely trust. I am now more cynical of them as a result. How others judge them is their business not mine.

We all have different views and opinions which is great. I’ll put my X in the box I believe will deliver better for us and you can do likewise.

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

In retrospect. I can't be bothered today 🤣 

Have a good weekend Thor and hope you enjoy the start of the Lowland League tomorrow! 

Fair enough. 😂

I wish our lot were lowland league. EoSFL Premier which starts next Saturday 👍

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Fair enough. 😂

I wish our lot were lowland league. EoSFL Premier which starts next Saturday 👍

Ah my bad! I can't wait to get back to it all. All the best for the season ahead. Pyramid thread in the Terrace is better fun than this 🤣

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I agree, we had our chance in 2014 and blew it. We can all mump and moan about the Tories ect but we are stuck with them ( apart from the odd time Labour get in)......the UK is fecked and if I was not in my later years I would give serious consideration about emigrating, but that boat has long sailed ( pun 😁). All joking aside I hope Labour will make a difference but I doubt it, it will just be more of the same till the Tories come back and rescue us all....🤦‍♂️

Edited by micole

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Labour have a wide open goal to aim at.  They also have a leadership trying desperately to be Tory light.

Their stance on Brexit and the Two Child cap is shameful.

They're a ****ing disgrace, when the labour party can't bring themselves to support striking workers they're not who they say they are.

Edited by Smithee

Japan Jambo
35 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

1/****ing 10 😂

Jeez, hadn't really been following too closely - they well and truly Hibs-it then!!

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Glad to be of service 🙂 

Labour should of had more than enough in the tank to overturn that though - that was the seat of the worst PM in living memory. With regard to ULEZ/lack of subsides, it's ultimately not central governments job to hand out cheap cars to support the Mayor's vanity project. Kahn doesn't have a mandate for this and is deeply unpopular in pockets of the city where he is perceived (rightly imo) to be doing a really shit job. Labour, like the SNP ought to show that they can run the bits they do control well in order to be a credible alternative - suspect though that the benchmark will be marginally less incompetent.

Interesting you say very few cars, pretty sure TFL's claim that over 90% of cars were compliant was heavily questioned. The narrative down here is that according to DVLA records it's closer to 60% - had a quick look and can't see anything to support that but it's a common narrative so perception and all that! 

You are bang on the money though when you talk about this framing the economics of climate change. Practically everyone sees it as an issue but far fewer feel that they personally should bear the burden of paying for it. 

It was Boris that brought in ULEZ

2 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Gundermann. XB52. The Mighty Thor. Ri Alban. 

There's more. Pretty much the whole damn lot giving it the "oh well we might as well have another 5 years of Tory government lol". Christ one of them said a few pages back he wouldn't vote for Labour unless they practically adopt the whole SNP agenda.

Why would I vote Labour? If I was right wing I'd vote Tory. Thankfully I'm not and, also thankfully, i have a true alternative in the SNP. I just don't get the point in labour

The old routine from Labour coming to home near you. If you vote SNP, you're putting in the Tories. This from the Labour folk who voted no and put the Tories into power almost forever. And into power in Scottish councils by teaming up.  

As someone said, you voted for  being a colony,  so on your knees Hoosejocks and onto your Overlords .

Edited by ri Alban

Chuck Berry
25 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

For me, the SNP have lost the key element they require in a voter, namely trust. I am now more cynical of them as a result. How others judge them is their business not mine.

If you're looking for "trust" then you'll have a hard time finding a party that delivers on that 100% of the time.

The SNP have many faults, but looking at the parties in Scotland they're the one that - IMO - are more trustworthy, with the added benefit they do actuallly give a sh*t about Scotland which they other 3 English parties clearly do not.  The Greens? hmmm, well......Alba are just full of lunatics and extremists, and neither will form a Govt anywhere.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yeah, so what?

You brought it up as a stick to bash the Labour mayor.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The old routine from Labour coming to home near you. If you vote SNP, you're putting in the Tories. This from the Labour folk who voted no and put the Tories into power almost forever. And into power in Scottish councils by teaming up.  

As someone said, you voted for  being a colony,  so on your knees Hoosejocks and onto your Overlords .

Keep voting for your protest party. It's doing so much good. 

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

It's Blair Drummond for you my lad 🤣🦁

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

It's Blair Drummond for you my lad 🤣🦁

🤣 ri Alban's party bus to the safari. Can't wait. 

Japan Jambo
Just now, BlueRiver said:

🤣 ri Alban's party bus to the safari. Can't wait. 

original plan was exile on Gigha but he's been unable to rustle up a spare ferry 

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, micole said:

I agree, we had our chance in 2014 and blew it. We can all mump and moan about the Tories ect but we are stuck with them ( apart from the odd time Labour get in)......the UK is fecked and if I was not in my later years I would give serious consideration about emigrating, but that boat has long sailed ( pun 😁). All joking aside I hope Labour will make a difference but I doubt it, it will just be more of the same till the Tories come back and rescue us all....🤦‍♂️

Fair comment.

It’s a desperate state if affairs.

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If you're looking for "trust" then you'll have a hard time finding a party that delivers on that 100% of the time.

The SNP have many faults, but looking at the parties in Scotland they're the one that - IMO - are more trustworthy, with the added benefit they do actuallly give a sh*t about Scotland which they other 3 English parties clearly do not.  The Greens? hmmm, well......Alba are just full of lunatics and extremists, and neither will form a Govt anywhere.

True. - I can’t say I’m particularly enthused by any of them at Holyrood which probably is the reason I question the value of the institution itself these days at times. Some times I do see the value.

My push back on your position is the policy proffered by the SNP was a central tenet of the manifesto to promote & drive the Scottish economy. From a more prosperous economy then you can further afford to implement the other policies. They didn’t implement even though it was a manifesto pledge. It was in their next manifesto but again they still didn’t even attempt to implement it. How can anyone blindly continue to trust some one if they repeatedly renege on their promises?

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

original plan was exile on Gigha but he's been unable to rustle up a spare ferry 

If you've got a spare ferry get in touch with the Government. You'd be getting £0.8bn per vessel over 2 years on current Tory going rate.

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

True. - I can’t say I’m particularly enthused by any of them at Holyrood which probably is the reason I question the value of the institution itself these days at times. Some times I do see the value.

My push back on your position is the policy proffered by the SNP was a central tenet of the manifesto to promote & drive the Scottish economy. From a more prosperous economy then you can further afford to implement the other policies. They didn’t implement even though it was a manifesto pledge. It was in their next manifesto but again they still didn’t even attempt to implement it. How can anyone blindly continue to trust some one if they repeatedly renege on their promises?

What are the alternatives?   Every, single party fails to deliver on all of it's manifesto promises.  It's not right, it shouldn't be like that, but it's a fact.  Politicians of all colours play hard and fast with the truth to varying degrees, we all know that.

However on balance, you go for whichever one you feel has the better chance of delivering and fulfilling - most of - it's pledges that you align with.

Re a prosperous economy in Scotland, that can never be fully delivered without Scotland being a wholly independent nation with all the financial controls that come with it.

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

If you've got a spare ferry get in touch with the Government. You'd be getting £0.8bn per vessel over 2 years on current Tory going rate.

just saw that on another thread - looks preposterous, that defo needs looked into.

Portable Badger
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

What are the alternatives?   Every, single party fails to deliver on all of it's manifesto promises.  It's not right, it shouldn't be like that, but it's a fact.  Politicians of all colours play hard and fast with the truth to varying degrees, we all know that.

However on balance, you go for whichever one you feel has the better chance of delivering and fulfilling - most of - it's pledges that you align with.

Re a prosperous economy in Scotland, that can never be fully delivered without Scotland being a wholly independent nation with all the financial controls that come with it.

At the moment my preferred “differentiators” between them all are:

“Who’s got the nicest hairdo, nicest smile and who’s toilet-trained?”

It terms of stimulating the economy aspect - it certainly isn’t the SNP at the minute. Taxing the crap out of businesses and a very small proportion of the “rich” working population is not going to cut it.

Can we help stimulate the Scottish economy with the current levers at our disposal? - yes we can imo.  Kate Forbes recognises this but she got battered by her own party & supporters for being a Christian. She’ll bide her time until Humza’s scrapped but from her comments since the leadership contest indicate she understands that we can and need to.

Edited by Portable Badger

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

At the moment my preferred “differentiators” between them all are:

“Who’s got the nicest hairdo, nicest smile and who’s toilet-trained?”

It terms of stimulating the economy aspect - it certainly isn’t the SNP at the minute. Taxing the crap out of businesses and a very small proportion of the “rich” working population is not going to cut it.

Can we help stimulate the Scottish economy with the current levers at our disposal? - yes we can imo.  Kate Forbes recognises this but she got battered by her own party & supporters for being a Christian. She’ll bide her time until Humza’s scrapped but from her comments since the leadership contest indicate she understands that we can and need to.

You see the avalanche of negative reaction when taxation is increased, despite it being neccesary if everyone wants half decent public services. They have taken a step towards taxing those who earn more than average, which is a good first step, anything else is probably asking for political suicide.    As long as we're taxing the crap out of the right businesses then it gets my vote.

Re stimulation, in reality it's just tinkering around the edges within a restricted budget. More can always be done though.

2 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

The party of power here.

Labour is just the proverbial chocolate teapot.

19 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

The party of power here.

Labour is just the proverbial chocolate teapot.

But they've no got all the economic levers! 😢😥

Some power that...

Sure my council is Labour-led. Party of power here. 

16 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

But they've no got all the economic levers! 😢😥

Some power that...

Sure my council is Labour-led. Party of power here. 

Good point actually. The party of limited powers, it should be.

'Labour-led council' usually = Labour/ Tory love-in.

8 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Good point actually. The party of limited powers, it should be.

'Labour-led council' usually = Labour/ Tory love-in.

Ah you'll get over it. I'm sure you were SNP back when they relied on the Tories too 😄 

Tbh Labour/Lib Dem would be more accurate. 

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

1/****ing 10 😂

Increased their vote by only 2500 which meant about 20000 Tory voters didn't bother voting  - when the option is Keith, Angie and co at the GE they will be back out voting Tory 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Increased their vote by only 2500 which meant about 20000 Tory voters didn't bother voting  - when the option is Keith, Angie and co at the GE they will be back out voting Tory 

Holy crap, shitebot's stumbled across a coherent talking point!

Uxbridge is pretty far from representing the rest of the country, but it does suggest that those quiet conservative arseholes will stubbornly remain arseholes to the bitter end.

The Mighty Thor
35 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Uxbridge is pretty far from representing the rest of the country, but it does suggest that those quiet conservative arseholes will stubbornly remain arseholes to the bitter end.

Cut copy paste from Facebook. Nap 

56 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm still in shock TBH......😁

Saw new MP, Keir Mathers, swearing allegiance to Sir Kid Starver and his two-child cap.

Looked him up. He's a privately educated and worked for the CBI. Little wonder he just blithely swats aside concerns about child poverty. Another right-of-centre career politician. He's following recent Labour protocal though.

7ef338b9bcba794c.jpg

5 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Saw new MP, Keir Mathers, swearing allegiance to Sir Kid Starver and his two-child cap.

Looked him up. He's a privately educated and worked for the CBI. Little wonder he just blithely swats aside concerns about child poverty. Another right-of-centre career politician. He's following recent Labour protocal though.

7ef338b9bcba794c.jpg

They'll reverse the benefits and claim they increased them.

On 21/07/2023 at 11:41, The Mighty Thor said:

Winner

20230722_191342.jpg

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The hoosejocks will be hiding it behind other papers or not unfolding them so folk can't see them. 

I might have lent my vote to Labour with someone other than this Tory ***** as leader. I big might, not now. And the tory will s.ash them anyway, so no point. And will Labour turn down SNP help , if they need power, no chance. So again, what's the point. No point. Feck Labour. 

Quite relaxed with living with what the no voting Labour folk voted for, are they. 

On 21/07/2023 at 12:20, BlueRiver said:

It is. Unlike the supposed official opposition . You keep voting new tory 👍 And we'll keep voting for a party who actually wants Scotland to do well. 

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It is. Unlike the supposed official opposition . You keep voting new tory 👍 And we'll keep voting for a party who actually wants Scotland to do well. 

image.gif.5ab61ed209e91bd9b6720bf4fab21f68.gif

i wish jj was my dad
On 21/07/2023 at 12:52, Chuck Berry said:

On your last para. I agree Scotland can be a prosperous country with independence. I think we would have a much fairer distribution of wealth and almost certainly our tax system would be overhauled. But it shouldn't need independence for that to happen