Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

38 minutes ago, micole said:

TBH I had to google it as well ( as I'm not a financial wizard like some on here 😉).....it would seem the SG borrowed a fraction of the £450 mill ( 140 odd) in 21/22 so this billions of a black hole is baffling to me.

We don't have full control over everything that's spent in Scotland - we're NOT independent yet!! - so that means that much of that is UK gov spending. You might as well argue that Yorkshire has a deficit.

Anyway, when it comes to balancing the books, how is the UK doing?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• ri Alban

• Gundermann

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is Starver, Murdoch's new toy?

Sir Kid Starver will follow him around for years. Not the smartest move the spineless barsteward has made. Now though, he's trying to act tough by sticking to his Tory principles, "tough decisions".

17 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Thanks. That’s why I was asking for clarity just in case I’d missed the point.

I guess it all comes down to priorities on what spend it on really. Sure we’d all love to pay for everything but no govt anywhere in the world can do that.

Letting the SNP have all the levers - no friggin chance. They can’t manage a pretendy coonsil let alone an independent country. I gave them the benefit of my vote early doors and they’ve chuffed it up chronic. Complete incompetence  - I’d never do it again.

Some friends based down in England get niggled cos of our  free Uni fees, free prescription charges, baby boxes, free buses & bus passes, etc... They don’t get these benefits. These are the thing the SG have decided to focus on.

But the SG now face a £1Bn Blackhole - so do we keep giving these things away to multi-millionaires or do we target the benefits to those that really need it?

Trouble is as always - difficult & hugely unpopular to take a benefit off someone once you’ve given them something 

Stopped reading at pretend cooncil

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Stopped reading at pretend cooncil

I understand. I did use some other big words after that  & that may be tricky for some

Roxy Hearts
3 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

I understand. I did use some other big words after that  & that may be tricky for some

Maybe try some maturity and others may read your comments! 

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Maybe try some maturity and others may read your comments! 

He's just another poster who really, really, really voted SNP/for independence but never again😀😀

16 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Yet :rofl:

Yes, yet. Tick tick for the Blair Drummond bus tour clock.

The Mighty Thor

Wait! What?

They couldn't even win Uxbridge, the very totem of the absolute rot at the heart of our democracy for the last 13 years.

The heart of the lies and corruption. 

:cornette:

Maybe Keith's message of 'I stand for whatever the Tories thought of first' isn't cutting through lads? 

I suspect there will be the faintest whiff of shite in the air at central office today.

Never mind, should be a decent day of mental contortions and wibble on here today :clyay:

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait! What?

They couldn't even win Uxbridge, the very totem of the absolute rot at the heart of our democracy for the last 13 years.

Maybe Keith's message of 'I stand for whatever the Tories thought of first' isn't cutting through lads? 

I suspect there will be the faintest whiff of shite in the air at central office today.

Never mind, should be a decent day of mental contortions and wibble on here today :clyay:

Cost of living, energy prices, fuel prices, national debt,  food prices,  inflation,  interest rates, coving corruption and sleaze. Meh!

ULEZ  :yadayada:

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cost of living, energy prices, fuel prices, national debt,  food prices,  inflation,  interest rates, coving corruption and sleaze. Meh!

Aye despite everything going wrong in the country, everything Labour had to throw at voters in Spaffer's old seat, the Tory candidate beat the mighty Labour machine by campaigning on ULEZ 😂

Aye but weeer no the Toaries likesy 😂

Grim.  An important local issue but not really the sort of thing that should be a vote clincher amidst this government's absolute contempt.

Let's see if the people of Uxbridge & South Ruislip receive the benefits of what they voted for then.  

These are the same ***** that saw Boris Johnson up close and said "I want you to be our representative in Parliament". Dreadful result for Labour.

Malinga the Swinga

Jeez, the worry is deep amongst SNP cultists. Swing in seats easily enough to get Labour in and Boris's old seat lost because of Khan's stupidity in expanding air control policies outwards in London. Even then they only scraped home.

With the incoming demise of SNP in Scotland and the continual swing away from Conservatives down South, it's a Labour win at next election and you know it.

5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Jeez, the worry is deep amongst SNP cultists. Swing in seats easily enough to get Labour in and Boris's old seat lost because of Khan's stupidity in expanding air control policies outwards in London. Even then they only scraped home.

With the incoming demise of SNP in Scotland and the continual swing away from Conservatives down South, it's a Labour win at next election and you know it.

Yes it probably will be Labour at the next election, but here's the thing I cannot see them getting anymore than 1 term. The Tories will get their act together and the right wing media will go into full overdrive and it's back to the same old same old, and I think you know it.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, micole said:

Yes it probably will be Labour at the next election, but here's the thing I cannot see them getting anymore than 1 term. The Tories will get their act together and the right wing media will go into full overdrive and it's back to the same old same old, and I think you know it.

Maybe, maybe not. Two priorities for me

1) Get the lying cheating SNP out of power in Scotland & crush the green party into oblivion

2) Get the lying cheating Conservatives out of Westminster

After that,let's see what happens.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's crazy but confirms that folk will be swayed by an immediate 'threat' to the money in their pocket more than anything moral or ethical. 

It's true that the cost of living increases amount to more, on average, than the impact of ULEZ but that's to do with stuff that folk are already buying becoming more expensive. ULEZ is new and incremental so, in their tiny minds, is much worse. 

The likelihood, of course, is that of the 14,000 Uxbridgers who voted conservative, there won't be more than a couple of thousand who will be hit in the pocket by the ULEZ. A greater irony is that the man who gave London the concept of cleaning our air through emissions charging is none other than the fat mess who walked out on their constituency. 

14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

1) Get the lying cheating SNP out of power in Scotland & crush the green party into oblivion

Yup, I am/ was an SNP supporter and would like an independent Scotland, however I am also a realist and realise this is unlikely. As to my voting intentions in the future I am in limbo, unless the SNP have radical change I cannot support them, I suppose the Alba party my be an option but I really don't know. What I do know is I cannot and will not vote for Labour as to me they are just diet Tories , and up here are just a branch office. Each to their own I suppose, it's all very depressing.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait! What?

Couldn't win it only because of a plan to tackle climate change by charging the most polluting vehicles. But still took a massive majority to a tiny one. 

Probably lose votes in Aberdeen too stopping new oil and gas.

Should Labour stop tackling climate change.

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's crazy but confirms that folk will be swayed by an immediate 'threat' to the money in their pocket more than anything moral or ethical. 

It's true that the cost of living increases amount to more, on average, than the impact of ULEZ but that's to do with stuff that folk are already buying becoming more expensive. ULEZ is new and incremental so, in their tiny minds, is much worse. 

The likelihood, of course, is that of the 14,000 Uxbridgers who voted conservative, there won't be more than a couple of thousand who will be hit in the pocket by the ULEZ. A greater irony is that the man who gave London the concept of cleaning our air through emissions charging is none other than the fat mess who walked out on their constituency. 

This.  It's absolutely perverse all round.  

I'm trying my best to see the SNP connection here.  But alas I am not seeing it.  

:notsure:about wtf this has to do with the SNP.

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ach comrades "One out of three ain't bad ":guitarist:

Not sure on precise figures as not seen all the analysis.

Conservatives will be destroyed if Labour gets the same swing in votes as in Uxbridge. Boris Johnson had majority of 7,210. Now 495. 

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm trying my best to see the SNP connection here.  But alas I am not seeing it.  

:notsure:about wtf this has to do with the SNP.

The posters so anti-Labour are nigh on SNP to a man and can barely conceal their agenda.

Expect to see the Tories attempt to replicate by campaigning in seats by producing all kinds of mind bending bullshit on bogus,  concocted,  twisted local/regional based mumbo-jumbo.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some sort of record broken for decisiveness of the victory

20230721_085742.jpg

Spiderman won the by-election? 

11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Expect to see the Tories attempt to replicate by campaigning in seats by producing all kinds of mind bending bullshit on bogus,  concocted,  twisted local/regional based mumbo-jumbo.

Indeed. It won't win them the next election, but it'll set them up nicely for the one after, by which time the Johnson Kakistocracy will be nothing more than a faint memory.

18 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

The posters so anti-Labour are nigh on SNP to a man and can barely conceal their agenda.

Who would they be?

What a cracking win in Selby and Ainsty though eh? 

Overturning a 20k majority. A greater than 20% swing in vote share. Not a particularly big Labour area. Well done Labour. 

Just now, Ulysses said:

Who would they be?

Gundermann. XB52. The Mighty Thor. Ri Alban. 

There's more. Pretty much the whole damn lot giving it the "oh well we might as well have another 5 years of Tory government lol". Christ one of them said a few pages back he wouldn't vote for Labour unless they practically adopt the whole SNP agenda.

:Agree:

Fully expecting them to end up campaigning in individual seats by essentially arguing/promising in direct conflict to their overall national policy agenda/trajectory,  in many cases.

Malinga the Swinga
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some sort of record broken for decisiveness of the victory

20230721_085742.jpg

Saw him speak on TV. I know I'm getting old but thought it was a kid speaking before I realised he was in 20's.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:rofl:

35 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Labour:🤣  never a Labour Party in its life. 

Only the destruction of team GB will do. Blue, Red and whatever the libs are. Traitors to a man.

Overall I think the Uxbridge result is helpful laying out challenges in measures to tackle climate change. 

It was a few very polluting vehicles affected but limitations on options to replace cars and funding are some of the issues. Same will apply for central heating boilers etc.

Though probably all that will be ignored in last opportunity for a while to bash Starmer and Labour.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

1. Get Scots born treacherous Britnats out of Scotland 

2. Round up those who don't leave and pile them high for the big cats at BDSP.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Overall I think the Uxbridge result is helpful laying out challenges in measures to tackle climate change. 

It was a few very polluting vehicles affected but limitations on options to replace cars and funding are some of the issues. Same will apply for central heating boilers etc.

Though probably all that will be ignored in last opportunity for a while to bash Starmer and Labour.

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

1 out of 3, they couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Proving my point. 

Chuck Berry

Labour have a wide open goal to aim at.  They also have a leadership trying desperately to be Tory light.

Their stance on Brexit and the Two Child cap is shameful.