Is there anything in politics more shit than the Labour Party?

Ulysses

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

So tweeting makes you racist? Who puts a picture of ike up when paying tribute to Tina Turner.  Muppet, and the fact semhe is a right-wing loonball should be enough for the parents to have her removed from their kids.

Tweeting doesn't make you racist but what you tweet might.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Gundermann

• ri Alban

• BlueRiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Maybe but would Cruella not be better focusing on issues that actually matter to 99% of the population?  The more she and her cohort focus on persecuting vulnerable minorities the less she has to defend the carnage her mob have created.  That's deliberate and it's all they have got.  Starmer and other politicians should be able to shut her up.  Would that satisfy the anti trans mob?  I doubt it.  If it wasn't the trans community they were piling into they would need to find somebody else to attack.

Of course ALL MP's should focus on issues that matter, but let's not be naïve, MP's of all flavours highlight what the see as weak spots in their opponents, my point was how can Starmer not say what a woman is and put this to bed, why? It's ridiculous.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Of course ALL MP's should focus on issues that matter, but let's not be naïve, MP's of all flavours highlight what the see as weak spots in their opponents, my point was how can Starmer not say what a woman is and put this to bed, why? It's ridiculous.

Penny Mordaunt was very pro trans before clearly realising she’d get emptied toot sweet out the tories of she kept that nonsense up. 
Starmer for me is spinning too many plates and trying to have a face for everyone. It’ll go off a cliff at some point. 

i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Politicians are ****s.  We don't need to hold the front page for that one. 

However, with the disaster of Brexit, the aftermath of the pandemic, the mismanagement of the economy and not to mention the downright corruption we are seeing on a daily basis surely you don't believe that this is anything other than a distraction and an attempt to play to a gallery of horrible bigots and a wider audience of easily led numpties that swallow the scare stories being pumped out of Tufton Street?  

6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Politicians are ****s.  We don't need to hold the front page for that one. 

However, with the disaster of Brexit, the aftermath of the pandemic, the mismanagement of the economy and not to mention the downright corruption we are seeing on a daily basis surely you don't believe that this is anything other than a distraction and an attempt to play to a gallery of horrible bigots and a wider audience of easily led numpties that swallow the scare stories being pumped out of Tufton Street?  

This is a problem of Starmers making, giving the Tories ammunition that could easily be taken away, why can't he say what a woman is? The leader of the opposition and the potential Prime Minister and he can't say what a woman is, why?

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Penny Mordaunt was very pro trans before clearly realising she’d get emptied toot sweet out the tories of she kept that nonsense up. 
Starmer for me is spinning too many plates and trying to have a face for everyone. It’ll go off a cliff at some point. 

It's the fact that the leader of the opposition can't say what a woman is I find utterly ridiculous, women obviously make up fifty percent of the voting public but he can't say what one is!

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's the fact that the leader of the opposition can't say what a woman is I find utterly ridiculous, women obviously make up fifty percent of the voting public but he can't say what one is!

Yeah it’s going to end up biting him on the arse and rightly so. 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

This is a problem of Starmers making, giving the Tories ammunition that could easily be taken away, why can't he say what a woman is? The leader of the opposition and the potential Prime Minister and he can't say what a woman is, why?

He's scared, simple as that. Doesn't want to alienate a number or potential crackpot voters . 

Mind this is a guy who got on his knees for a serial  criminal.

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Yeah it’s going to end up biting him on the arse and rightly so. 

I think you're right, and it's so easily rectified but you know it won't happen until it's too late if it happens at all.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

He's scared, simple as that. Doesn't want to alienate a number or potential crackpot voters . 

Mind this is a guy who got on his knees for a serial  criminal.

Like I said, I can't see how stating a biological fact can be said to be anti trans, politicians have speech writers and advisors costing god knows how much and they can't get something sorted, it's not a good look!

Jeffros Furios

I dont know one person who cares about Starmer's view on what is a woman and the other so called culture wars crap .

There's a lot more important day to day issues that need sorted .

I think James is kbacks Dan Wooten :sleeping2:

i wish jj was my dad

And people who don't want to see communities persecuted are not denying women or girls rights. Or enabling rape either. 

It's hysterical and offensive nonsense. 

i wish jj was my dad

Picking up on one of OTT's points. I'm not clued up enough on the subject but what is the issue with HMPA? If I understand correctly it designates 10% of the sea as protected from over fishing and the likes. That looks like a relatively modest step towards sustainability. I don't live in a coastal town or make a living from the sea so I am coming from a position of ignorance but on the face of it that seems like a good idea to me. 

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I dont know one person who cares about Starmer's view on what is a woman and the other so called culture wars crap .

IMG_4832.jpeg.0b32b8bf8b36cff6d227dd7e4d2723b5.jpeg

Robert Jenrick is one evil coward. I apologise for putting the labour party in with these scumbags.  Cruella, Jenrick, Boris, Patel, Morgan and Anderson. Just a few ***** from the cesspit of scum. Roll on Labour putting them out.

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Robert Jenrick is one evil coward. I apologise for putting the labour party in with these scumbags.  Cruella, Jenrick, Boris, Patel, Morgan and Anderson. Just a few ***** from the cesspit of scum. Roll on Labour putting them out.

Well said big yin .

manaliveits105

Former official Sue Gray broke civil service rules after failing to declare contact with Labour over a job offer, the Cabinet Office has said.

Ms Gray, who led a probe into lockdown parties in Downing Street, was cleared to work for Labour by Parliament's appointments adviser last week.

It said she could start as Sir Keir Starmer's chief of staff in September.

Labour said all rules were followed and branded the finding a "political stunt".

The party said the Cabinet Office had "spent weeks wasting time on this Mickey Mouse nonsense"."We're looking forward to Sue Gray joining us this September as we continue to show the country that only Labour can build a better Britain," a Labour spokesperson said.

aye right 

utter scum fooling no one 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Former official Sue Gray broke civil service rules after failing to declare contact with Labour over a job offer, the Cabinet Office has said.

Ms Gray, who led a probe into lockdown parties in Downing Street, was cleared to work for Labour by Parliament's appointments adviser last week.

It said she could start as Sir Keir Starmer's chief of staff in September.

Labour said all rules were followed and branded the finding a "political stunt".

The party said the Cabinet Office had "spent weeks wasting time on this Mickey Mouse nonsense"."We're looking forward to Sue Gray joining us this September as we continue to show the country that only Labour can build a better Britain," a Labour spokesperson said.

aye right 

utter scum fooling no one 

The findings of a cabinet office inquiry held by Simon Case with absolutely zero parliamentary pr legal standing.

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

fooling no one 

Well.....

Jeffros Furios
15 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

As I said aye right of course she never 

More along Volodya .

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

More along Volodya .

Story lifted straight off the union jack facebook page. Nap.

manaliveits105
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Story lifted straight off the union jack facebook page. Nap.

Not often your right and your track record continues 

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not often your right and your track record continues 

Your wee union jack Facebook page won't have informed you that Sue Gray was cleared to take the Labour job by the HoC appointments committee ACOBA. You know the people who actually matter. 

You know who didn't get his latest job cleared by ACOBA? Spaffer.

It's a funny world when you're not down the rabbit hole. 

Konrad von Carstein
On 04/07/2023 at 11:59, Jeffros Furios said:

Darren Grimes surely :curtain: :biker:

That thing you do
On 04/07/2023 at 02:46, OTT said:

Saw Kezia Dugdale was writing that she doesn't think the vote transfers from the SNP to Labour are going to be as significant as assumed. 

Think this is finally someone with an honest take on the situation. I can see significant vote transfers from the Tories, Lib Dems and the various fringe fruit loop Unionist parties. 

Don't get me wrong, that will still be substantial enough to win a lot of seats, voter apathy is going to cost the SNP a lot of seats combined with Unionist vote transfer to Labour IMO. 

The depressing part of this is how self inflicted this all is. All people want is competent government. Deliver a health service that works, trains that run on time, an Education system that is competitive internationally and other fairly basic demands and you'll do well. But by wasting government time on ****ing side quests like the GRA, DRS or HMPA's the SNP have divided the voters they need to be uniting. Love it or loathe it, the GRA is a deeply divisive piece of legislation, the DRS has been botched and looked amateurish from the get go, and HMPA's reeks of central belt "city folk" dictating to rural fishing communities how it should be - All terrible policy ideas that haven't taken the SNP any closer to Independence, which if we'll remember is the core purpose of the party. I think the botched Ferries and the failure/refusal to dual the A9 also speak to a party that needs a bloody nose. A bit of a slap to wake them up and remind them they don't have a god given right to govern and they need to dump arrogant personal legacy type policies and focus on getting the essentials right. 

Independence is the aim on paper of the SNP. But Peter Murrell always pushed against it. He wanted to build a career at the expense of it, in fact.

So, we could say they missed an open goal in recent years to get it, but from my perspective, theyve scuppered themselves.

Thing is despite that, voting for Labour Tories or Fib Dums doesnt solve Brexit or give Scotland the powers it needs to make a difference in UK.

Its a shite state of affairs Tommy...

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Darren Grimes surely :curtain: :biker:

IMG_5116.gif

manaliveits105

Just like Sturgeon, Angie Rayner has found her level at last on Loose Women - if Keir Starmer moved aside would you be happy to become PM they ask her ? 
= Well I don't know as I said I have kids to think about !!

No there is nothing shitter than the Labour Party - strictly amateur 

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Just like Sturgeon, Angie Rayner has found her level at last on Loose Women - if Keir Starmer moved aside would you be happy to become PM they ask her ? 

I understand that people put their families first but this "I've got kids to think about". Surely she'd be turning down any major cabinet post on that basis too? 

JudyJudyJudy
On 06/07/2023 at 13:28, manaliveits105 said:

That’s about her level . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Champagne with Murdoch. Starmer will attain 'power' but will be little more than Murdoch's puppet.

Labour won't even scrap the Rape Clause or Bedroom Tax ffs.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/jul/09/rupert-murdoch-keir-starmer-labour-party-power-no-10

I’d rather vote snp . In fact I will be if Joanna Cherry runs again . She’s my local mp 

2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Labour's electioneering looking good.

Oh dear, Labour know how to shoot themselves in the foot. Thos will do down badly.  And they better hope nothing comes out about Anus and his likes to certain folk. And how is that tory snob Baillie even considered Labour. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

Absolutely not red Tories though and of course some other wibble about having to get elected first and not scaring the racist pensioners 

Roxy Hearts
7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Detest Labour especially Baillie and Sarwar. Murray up there too.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Could they maybe not try talking about what they might do in government?  They've had plenty of time to come up with something. 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Could they maybe not try talking about what they might do in government? 

What?!?

If they do that their poll lead will vanish in days. :laugh: :whistling:

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

What?!?

If they do that their poll lead will vanish in days. :laugh: :whistling:

That's just it. The SNP ran out of road a long time ago but I'm still naive enough to believe they mean we'll.  if Labour want my vote, they need to ****ing persuade me. Jackie Baillie has never attempted to do anything than say BOO!!  

Roxy Hearts
28 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

You might get lucky lads, maybe the Tories will get in again and you can have 5 more years of greeting. 

Couldn't care less if they get in again. No difference in British State politics as they're all putrid! 

manaliveits105
33 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

You might get lucky lads, maybe the Tories will get in again and you can have 5 more years of greeting. 

If Carlsberg made GE results it would be absolutely priceless on here :greggy:

1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

It doesn't make a jot of a difference up here, Tory/Labour different cheeks of the same arse IMO. But if it makes you happy then crack on.