****The All In One LGBTQ+ & Related Issues Mega Thread****

The Mighty Thor

32 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

You a neither have a safe space for women ( actual women)

or you can have a not quite as safe space for women and some may be raped or assaulted by that is acceptable as long as it’s inclusive and feelings don’t get hurt, unless it’s women’s feelings in which case who cares as long as men get to watch you getting changed 

I agree, there should should be a space for all, I am all for women's only spaces

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• doctor jambo

• Unknown user

33 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep. There is absolutely zero compromise with them . It’s their way or nothing . 

That's a sweeping generalisation 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, lou said:

That's a sweeping generalisation 

Well why hasn’t there been any change ? Compromise ? 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well why hasn’t there been any change ? Compromise ? 

Well the amendments to the bill didn't go through, what change or compromise are you looking for? 

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, lou said:

Well the amendments to the bill didn't go through, what change or compromise are you looking for? 

Male/ female and trans areas. Its that simple really

On 11/04/2024 at 23:11, Ked said:

Certain posters on here were happy to toe a line that was political.

Given the mutilation of children and drug induced physical alteration you'd have to wonder at the collective idiocy.

You may well have been well informed mate.

It's a sign of the time when you're identified as right wing when you don't think a man can give birth.

How any evidence was needed otherwise.

Name a single poster on here who fits your description, one will do.

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Name a single poster on here who fits your description, one will do.

🤣

On 12/04/2024 at 17:46, Ulysses said:

I'm not looking to start fights here, but if I was going to say this stuff about gay men, I'd make sure to back it up with sources.  These kind of claims (especially the one about children) have been used to discriminate against gay people, and are still either claimed or implied as an excuse for blocking marriage equality and adoption by gay couples.

Like I said, I'm not having a go, but fair's fair.

Fair enough but there's plenty of evidence out there.

http://lanternproject.org.uk/library/uncategorized/homosexuality-and-child-sexual-abuse/

flogel41
8 hours ago, cazzyy said:

Fair enough but there's plenty of evidence out there.

http://lanternproject.org.uk/library/uncategorized/homosexuality-and-child-sexual-abuse/

The organisation that you quote was defunded by the NHS due to questionable practices around the type of psychotherapy they were providing so I don’t think you should consider them a reliable source.

In general the “evidence” that suggests homosexual men are more likely to commit child abuse is often based on the warped assumption that if men abuse boys they are by definition homosexual. 

This obviously ignores any prior sexual orientation expressed with perpetrators who are married with children classed as homosexual for example and ignores other paraphilias. 

Generally these “studies” are unreliable and have either a predetermined confirmation bias or worse are deliberately intent on erroneously suggesting homosexuality is some sort of deviant behaviour in itself.

Spellczech
On 12/04/2024 at 22:17, lou said:

Well being a woman, who has never been through trauma at the hands of a man but who works in Gender based violence, I could never nail my colours to the mast oh this one, there are compelling views on either side of the divide.  yes,cis  women need a safe space but there also needs to be safe spaces for trans women.  

I guess it should be simple numbers - are there more women who feel uncomfortable about the prospect of trans men in their loos or are there more trans men who feel uncomfortable about the prospect of using the toilets they had previously been using as men? 

BTW I wonder what toilets trans men use?

Seems to me that what trans people want is the freedom/right to use whatever toilet facilities they want. ie it is not equality they want but preferential treatment...

Edited by Spellczech

2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I think @cazzyy and his pals are lashing out now that their suspiciously aggressive pro-trans, anti-women, anti-gay posturing has been rumbled by the powers that be. 

Aggressive? Not me.

For clarity, I don't think I'm any of the other anti things you said either.

Edited by cazzyy

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I think @cazzyy and his pals are lashing out now that their suspiciously aggressive pro-trans, anti-women, anti-gay posturing has been rumbled by the powers that be. 

:jj:

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Yep that’s exactly it . I have him on ignore , now for even more reason . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, flogel41 said:

The organisation that you quote was defunded by the NHS due to questionable practices around the type of psychotherapy they were providing so I don’t think you should consider them a reliable source.

In general the “evidence” that suggests homosexual men are more likely to commit child abuse is often based on the warped assumption that if men abuse boys they are by definition homosexual. 

This obviously ignores any prior sexual orientation expressed with perpetrators who are married with children classed as homosexual for example and ignores other paraphilias. 

Generally these “studies” are unreliable and have either a predetermined confirmation bias or worse are deliberately intent on erroneously suggesting homosexuality is some sort of deviant behaviour in itself.

Good reply . These men were a variety of sexual orientations who committed sexual offences against children . I’m not that naive or over sensitive to not acknowledge that some would have been gay men . Unlike TRA who won’t even comment about the high rates of sexual offenders within their group . 

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

I guess it should be simple numbers - are there more women who feel uncomfortable about the prospect of trans men in their loos or are there more trans men who feel uncomfortable about the prospect of using the toilets they had previously been using as men? 

BTW I wonder what toilets trans men use?

Seems to me that what trans people want is the freedom/right to use whatever toilet facilities they want. ie it is not equality they want but preferential treatment...

In the same way the NHS does not carry out cosmetic procedures unless you are trans .

if a man appears with gynaecomastia and asks for that to be fixed the answer is no, it’s cosmetic .

but trans surgery is not cosmetic?

( obviously burns victims/ cancer survivors etc get plastic surgery)

Trans have over reached .

A light is now shining, and every murky corner exposed .

sanity appears to be prevailing 

JudyJudyJudy

This was actually quite a good article about the stigma of being gay and “ femme “.  it def exists . However im not really sure why the guy split from the bf as it’s clear the bf wanted to be in a relationship with him ? But can also understand his feelings of shame , internalised homophobia etc  of being “ femme “ and how it has impacted on him .

https://metro.co.uk/2024/04/13/date-uttered-7-words-suddenly-no-longer-fancied-20593739/?fbclid=IwAR3nqo9gcHd2KDKkdsvyJFrze763NuPR1yFy0humefNMYk7t9ZH5-UDdPFY_aem_ATih6-Ldk8o1v56G6xDrjg5IIgPJhAp-JM_XHjeS60Jiyn5swrg3qAIZaxTGrKYLWDo

IMG_8113.jpeg

Yep that’s exactly it . I have him on ignore , now for even more reason . 

What part of his post is "exactly it"? 

I won't expect a reply as you have taken the coward's way and blocked me. 😄

Good reply . These men were a variety of sexual orientations who committed sexual offences against children . I’m not that naive or over sensitive to not acknowledge that some would have been gay men . Unlike TRA who won’t even comment about the high rates of sexual offenders within their group . 

Belter 😄

Ulysses
6 hours ago, flogel41 said:

I also noted that the fella who runs the organisation and website was successfully sued (along with orhers) for defamation by an MP who had been falsely accused of child abuse.  

That doesn't mean I automatically discount what the site might say, but I'd be very wary of relying on it.

Based on a brief skim of some of the content of that site, the editor seems to be an angry and resentful man.  In the circumstances I don't blame him, but that doesn't make him an independent or objective source of data - in fact, it may do the opposite. 

I'd prefer more reliable information sources. 

On 14/04/2024 at 12:43, doctor jambo said:

In the same way the NHS does not carry out cosmetic procedures unless you are trans .

if a man appears with gynaecomastia and asks for that to be fixed the answer is no, it’s cosmetic .

but trans surgery is not cosmetic?

( obviously burns victims/ cancer survivors etc get plastic surgery)

Trans have over reached .

A light is now shining, and every murky corner exposed .

sanity appears to be prevailing 

I actually did work for the NHS and can assure you that this is not the case.

Gundermann
50 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I know. Some confuse free-speech with shit-stirring conspiracies that have no truth whatsoever to them. Many of us will have family members who've had some kind of cosmetic procedure despite not being trans.

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

The nhs does breast implants and mastectomies?

The huge number of referrals I have had refused refutes this .

Trans patients getting cosmetic surgery is above and beyond what is available to everyone else.

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

I know. Some confuse free-speech with shit-stirring conspiracies that have no truth whatsoever to them. Many of us will have family members who've had some kind of cosmetic procedure despite not being trans.

Shit stirring is what the TRA have been doing.

Spreading lies about teen suicide to push an agenda- and they still are.

still rattling on about the Cass review being corrupt.

That’s despite now France, Holland, Belgium , Sweden, Finland , Uk Norway Denmark all going in the same direction.

these are not despotic right wing countries.

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

That’s despite now France, Holland, Belgium , Sweden, Finland , Uk Norway Denmark all going in the same direction.

In fact if the liberal countries only the ones with out of control pharma / private health care are ignoring the facts and continue with these extremely harmful treatments.

And Scotland .

doctor jambo
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Define cosmetic procedures.

One that solely alters appearance and serves no other function

15 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

The nhs does breast implants and mastectomies?

The huge number of referrals I have had refused refutes this .

Trans patients getting cosmetic surgery is above and beyond what is available to everyone else.

And my experience of working in the NHS refutes your assertion.

So here we are.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, FWJ said:

And my experience of working in the NHS refutes your assertion.

So here we are.

Your experience is?

Gundermann
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Your assertion was straight out BS. An elderly family member of mine had some of yon "cosmetic procedure" after a bad fall a few years ago. Was seen and sorted in no time.

I'm fine with you having your own opinions but straight-out lying is low-life stuff.

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Your assertion was straight out BS. An elderly family member of mine had some of yon "cosmetic procedure" after a bad fall a few years ago. Was seen and sorted in no time.

I'm fine with you having your own opinions but straight-out lying is low-life stuff.

The procedure was?

Gundermann
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The procedure was?

To repair a messed up face and nose after a fall. If you must know.

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

To repair a messed up face and nose after a fall. If you must know.

Thanks for replying.

Personally I wouldn't class that as cosmetic, as an injury was been corrected.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Many of us will have family members who've had some kind of cosmetic procedure despite not being trans.

I've had my nose re-set 3 times on the NHS.

Ulysses
24 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I've had my nose re-set 3 times on the NHS.

Meanwhile, I've heard of someone (online, not saying where) who identifies as a medical practitioner and who claims to have referred a huge number of people for cosmetic procedures despite knowing that the NHS doesn't provide them, and lo and behold they've been refused.

Who said life was fair, eh? :whistling:

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

So someone suffered a disfiguring injury - which was an accident , and the NHS fixed that.

Totally fine.

The patients who have breast implants that burst- leaving them disfigured get no help.

Nor those with skin folds post gastric band.

Nor tattoo removal, or ear surgery after those big hoop earring things.

Or boys with gynaecomastia.

or lip filler replacement after it goes wrong.

see the difference .

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Your experience is?

My experience is that people can, and do, have cosmetic procedures in the NHS.

doctor jambo
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Meanwhile, I've heard of someone (online, not saying where) who identifies as a medical practitioner and who claims to have referred a huge number of people for cosmetic procedures despite knowing that the NHS doesn't provide them, and lo and behold they've been refused.

Who said life was fair, eh? :whistling:

doctor jambo

See Humza has stated that clinicians at Sandyford are doing an excellent job.

The same excellent job following WPATH  practice that accepts kids cannot consent and blockers are harmful.

Same utterly discredited treatment being abandoned in a number of other countries .

And transwomen will be protected in the new misogyny bill, so wil be covered by 2 acts.

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

See Humza has stated that clinicians at Sandyford are doing an excellent job.

The same excellent job following WPATH  practice that accepts kids cannot consent and blockers are harmful.

Same utterly discredited treatment being abandoned in a number of other countries .

And transwomen will be protected in the new misogyny bill, so wil be covered by 2 acts.

Another “ anything to be different from England “ what a despicable man he is . Allowing vulnerable children and youths to be experimented on so he can continue his agenda 

5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Really? I had no idea.

”exceptional referral “ they are called and I do them, but rejection rates are really high.

So you do a “huge number” of exceptional referrals even though the “NHS does not carry out cosmetic procedures unless you are trans “ [italics mine]
Do you advise your patients that the rejection rate is 100% ?

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

So you do a “huge number” of exceptional referrals even though the “NHS does not carry out cosmetic procedures unless you are trans “ [italics mine]
Do you advise your patients that the rejection rate is 100% ?

Yes,