• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Niemi’s gloves

• jamboinglasgow

6 minutes ago, poultry said:

Dalbeattie star tonight ?

Called off earlier I think for a waterlogged pitch. 

Edit: Ayep definitely off just checked Twitter. 

Edited by BlueRiver

Watched Edin Uni lose 4-1 at home to Tranent last night ahead of their home match on Saturday v the B team.

tranent pretty much dominated the game, without having a killer touch in the first before running away with it, scoring 2 after Edin Uni were a man down for a handball on the line.

Edin Uni had a goal of their own from a Penalty awarded for something out of swan lake 🤦‍♂️

the Uni side overall aren’t great and don’t have the specific resources Stirling do, but have to credit them for turning up and doing what they can to compete in this league however they are very well organised and set up to use their number 7’s pace on the counter (he who won the penalty)

hopefully hearts B will be able to beat them on Saturday at peffermill however Uni are capable of a shock (beat East Kilbride 3-2 away earlier this season)

Adult is £6 entry and a quite smashing wee clubhouse for pies, drinks and a selection of cakes / snacks. They occasionally have a snack van outside and a wee mini stand as well as standing around the pitch. With the first team not in action until Sunday a good opportunity to see the boys locally in the heart of peffermill

Very enjoyable performance by Hearts

clinical finishing and lots of good quick interplay

7th goal an absolute pearler, but tbh almost all goals were worked well.

nice to see a (to me) soft penalty award against hearts not come to fruition by a good save from Harry Stone.

Ethan Drysdale at left back looks a real prospect 

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At least Scotland won the second half. Pity about the first half though.

Disappointing that Liam McFarlane didn't get on even for a few minutes in any of the three group games.

11 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

At least Scotland won the second half. Pity about the first half though.

Disappointing that Liam McFarlane didn't get on even for a few minutes in any of the three group games.

What was the score - seems that none of the media were covering this is any great detail. 

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What was the score - seems that none of the media were covering this is any great detail. 

3-1 France. It was live on several socila media channels. Robbie Neilson in the crowd. Fin Pollock very impressive first half, no minutes for Liam Macfarlane

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, poultry said:

When is our next game ?

We have finished the group games in 3rd place so can't qualify for the elite stage. Lost 0-2 to Iceland, and beat Kazakhstan 5-2, before last night's game.

2 hours ago, Bigteam said:

3-1 France. It was live on several socila media channels. Robbie Neilson in the crowd. Fin Pollock very impressive first half, no minutes for Liam Macfarlane

2 hours ago, Bigteam said:

👍

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

We have finished the group games in 3rd place so can't qualify for the elite stage. Lost 0-2 to Iceland, and beat Kazakhstan 5-2, before last night's game.

Could be first time U19s haven't reached Elite Group (second round) stage. 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could be first time U19s haven't reached Elite Group (second round) stage. 

I think that they may have missed out before, but would need to check back the results from a few years ago.

Edit: just checked that they missed out on qualifying for the elite round in the 2012 championships.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_UEFA_European_Under-19_Championship_qualification

I think that one of the objectives for each of the Scotland age group coaches (U17/U19/U21) is that they make the Elite round stage in any tournament.  I know that the U21s have struggled of late with the younger groups doing a bit better.  

A correction to one of the scores in my earlier post. It was 1-0 to Iceland.

Edited by Footballfirst

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

👍

6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

We qualified as best 3rd place last year but looks like we missed out this year 

Niemi’s gloves

Getting this thread back on topic, the B team are 2-0 up at half time against  bottom club Dalbeattie  with a double from Makenzie Kirk

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Getting this thread back on topic, the B team are 2-0 up at half time against  bottom club Dalbeattie  with a double from Makenzie Kirk

good stuff.

good to see him scoring again. 

I see the league table on the official website hasn't been updated for some time. It has our B team sitting 16th with 10 points but we are actually 13th with 20 points, before todays game.

Niemi’s gloves
48 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

https://slfl.co.uk/lowland-league-table/

Looks better.

I think if the B team come around mid table that won't be a bad season.

The league schedule did the b team no favours with a long run of games against the better teams. That’s three successive wins now,  all against teams towards the bottom of the table. 

Footballfirst

Today's game was very much a stop/start affair, not helped by a card happy ref. Kirk's goals bookended the first half, but he missed at least a couple more good chances, as did McLuckie.

Hearts dominance became even more pronounced as the second half progressed. While Sandilands helped himself to a double, I lost count of the number of missed chances by Kirk, McLuckie and the subs Thomas and Hambrook.

Edited by Footballfirst

jamboinglasgow

Does anyone know what is happening with Callum Flatman, I know he had surgery towards the end of last season, is his still injured from that or has he picked up another injury?

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Does anyone know what is happening with Callum Flatman, I know he had surgery towards the end of last season, is his still injured from that or has he picked up another injury?

Still injured. He did come back briefly, but I was told that he had had a setback in his recovery.  Wasn't expected to be back before the New Year

He has attended quite a few B team games while out.  

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Still injured. He did come back briefly, but I was told that he had had a setback in his recovery.  Wasn't expected to be back before the New Year

He has attended quite a few B team games while out.  

Shame, thought he would have done well from the B games. Hopefully he comes back after new year and gets a good run.

13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Shame, thought he would have done well from the B games. Hopefully he comes back after new year and gets a good run.

Agreed, he’s someone that I thought looked a level above and could be pushing for the 1st team.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hope they haven't bothered with the factor 50as it looks like were about to have our first rainy week over here  since April, bummer lads!!!!

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Planning to go to the game against Tranent at the weekend. Guess I'll be watching Hearts C.

Niemi’s gloves

Bare bones stuff against one of the LL’s  better teams, with only one outfield sub, unfortunately misnamed as “Crockston” on the official Twitter. On the bright side, it’s good to see Leo Watson back, adding a little bit of experience. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******