***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******

jamboinglasgow

Think Darge looked off the pace from the word go but looked a sore one he took.

conditions were horrific as well, didn’t think it was possible to be as cold at a football match as I was at the Spartans game December, I was wrong tonight 

poor performance from Hearts tonight but hopefully bounce back on Saturday away to Civil Service 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Niemi’s gloves

• jamboinglasgow

Niemi’s gloves

B team Away at Civil Service Strollers in Muirhouse area at 3pm, £8/£5 but half price for Hearts season ticket holders.

Hoping to get to this one. Does anyone know if entry/exit is solely from Marine Drive? On some maps/instructions it seems like there may be a way in from Salvesen Gardens but I sort of doubt it. 

35 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

B team Away at Civil Service Strollers in Muirhouse area at 3pm, £8/£5 but half price for Hearts season ticket holders.

Hoping to get to this one. Does anyone know if entry/exit is solely from Marine Drive? On some maps/instructions it seems like there may be a way in from Salvesen Gardens but I sort of doubt it. 

Marine Drive only mate. Salvesen Gardens is a dead end.

Niemi’s gloves

Finished 1-1.

Decent enough game for £2.50 (for this old codger). Good work by McLuckie to win Hearts penalty (scored by Sandison) and McLuckie unlucky to be flagged offside when he had the ball in net late on. Also strong suspicion of offside at their equaliser not given. I thing CSS picked up three bookings for jersey tugs to thwart breakaways.

Went along to this today as its only a few minutes walk from my flat.  Finished 1-1.  I thought Civil Service were the better team in the first half but Hearts went ahead just before the break with a penalty.  McLuckie won the penalty and he's a decent looking prospect.  Civil Service equalised right after the break but it was Hearts who finished much stronger and really should have won it.  We spurned 3 glorious chances towards the end.  We were also clean through on goal in injury time but the linesman flagged for offside which looked a shocker of a decision.  Lewis Neilson was excellent as you would expect at this level and Harry Stone always looks very solid each time I've seen him.  

Incredible the difference from Wednesday, amazing what a (slightly better surface) bit of rain and wind will do against a team. 

Thought the equaliser was offside and that the late disallowed goal was wrongly called,  but Hearts did well, few poor choices pass or shooting wise (the late chance conceded as an example) penalty was well won and dispatched, and the couple of chances missed unfortunate.

thought the game was officiated well overall, and Hearts should be encouraged by their performance 

19 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

How many times is Lewis Neilson allowed to play for the B team? I thought it was only 5 times in a season.

No. The season is split in two, based on transfer windows. In each half, he can play in the B team until he makes 5 first team appearances.

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

McLuckie started today for Scotland U17s. Losing 4-2 to Switzerland at half time. 

Finished 4-4. Friel came on as a sub after an hour.

Prince Buaben

Considering going through tomorrow afternoon for this. Anyone else going? 

Be weird being at a match at 2pm on a Fri 

Niemi’s gloves

Final 2-0 with Celtic adding a second in injury time. Second half seems to have been quite even with Kirk ‘equaliser’ chalked off for offside

On 23/02/2023 at 14:34, Prince Buaben said:

Considering going through tomorrow afternoon for this. Anyone else going? 

Be weird being at a match at 2pm on a Fri 

Had planned to when it was 19:45 kick off.

mad time for a game that the few comments on the lowland league Twitter slating both teams for the choice (quoting Linlithgow and Darvel as being done out of a place in the league) which appears to be moved as Airdrie at home tomorrow , and Celtic women v rangers women is at that slot tonight 19:45, as that wouldn’t be able to clash with tomorrow and they obviously don’t want to put on Sunday with the league cup final.

ironic that the clubs slating hearts and Celtic for this (as disappointing as the change was going to go to that ground for the first time) when lowland league clubs are incredible for their closed door approach (complain rightly about the highland/lowland play off, but only have 1 relagation spot and don’t want to change that to increase the league properly from 16 teams 

Prince Buaben
16 hours ago, BM1874 said:

Had planned to when it was 19:45 kick off.

mad time for a game that the few comments on the lowland league Twitter slating both teams for the choice (quoting Linlithgow and Darvel as being done out of a place in the league) which appears to be moved as Airdrie at home tomorrow , and Celtic women v rangers women is at that slot tonight 19:45, as that wouldn’t be able to clash with tomorrow and they obviously don’t want to put on Sunday with the league cup final.

ironic that the clubs slating hearts and Celtic for this (as disappointing as the change was going to go to that ground for the first time) when lowland league clubs are incredible for their closed door approach (complain rightly about the highland/lowland play off, but only have 1 relagation spot and don’t want to change that to increase the league properly from 16 teams 

They could have played it Monday night as it does make a mockery of the 5th tier.

I was like you I was going to go if it was the 7:45. £10 aswell is quite steep for LL aswell and £5 a kid.

Ironically the B teams haven't done anyone out of a place as the LL have always decided against adding member clubs and even when the B teams were added Bo'ness and Tranent still got promoted. They are all scared of dropping out. The whole thing is just so closed shop and people use the B teams as weak excuse for it

Interview with Steven Naismith where he talks about getting younger players up a level. Evening News, jumping the gun a bit on next year's Lowland League as its just Naismith giving an opinion. Also explains, the thinking in decisions on releasing players early. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-details-of-their-development-plan-and-the-need-for-change-after-decision-on-five-players-4044682

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interview with Steven Naismith where he talks about getting younger players up a level. Evening News, jumping the gun a bit on next year's Lowland League as its just Naismith giving an opinion. Also explains, the thinking in decisions on releasing players early. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-reveal-details-of-their-development-plan-and-the-need-for-change-after-decision-on-five-players-4044682

Ay chance someone would copy and past the article please.  Sorry can't view due to work firewall!

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Ay chance someone would copy and past the article please.  Sorry can't view due to work firewall!

Five of the club’s B team squad were told earlier this month that their contracts would not be extended beyond the summer, and coach Steven Naismith today explained reasons behind those decisions. Hearts hope to promote some promising under-18 players into next season’s B team squad for the Lowland League. Under-16 standouts will then promote to the under-18s to accelerate their progress.

Naismith is vocal on the fact that the Riccarton youth development process must improve due to the lack of players reaching senior level. Midfielders Connor Smith (21) and Finlay Pollock (18) plus forward Euan Henderson have all been peripheral first-team figures without becoming regulars. Naismith isn’t satisfied at his club producing merely fringe men.

That is ultimately why midfielders Scott McGill and Aidan Denholm, plus defenders Cammy Logan, Arron Darge and Leo Watson were told several weeks ago that they won't be offered new deals.

“Fast-forward three years. If we still have a B-team structure and everything is in place, that is what will happen. You get to Christmas and some guys you don’t think are going to be good enough,” said Naismith. “The younger ones have had wee tastes of the B team over that first six months of the season whilst still playing in the Under-18s. So they understand it. Of them, the ones you have high hopes for should be chapping your door and saying: ‘I want to be a starter for the B team.’

“For the older ones, the worst thing you can do is wait until the end of the season and say: ‘Right boys, you’re not getting a contract.’ Then they need to wait to July or August before there's any hope of a new club. The youth academy only works if things happen the other way and they are told early. There’s no point in having one if you aren’t going to do that.

“So these guys can go and try to forge a career for themselves at whatever level. Some will drop down and go back up in a few years’ time. Everybody else in our structure is bumped up, so younger kids get exposure in the Lowland League. Everybody learns and different speeds. Predominantly in Scotland, kids are playing first-team football at 17, 18, 19. We need to give them as much info and exposure at that age to give them the best chance.

“It hasn’t worked at Hearts for the last five or six years doing what they have been doing, so it needs to change. There needs to be a process to give them more exposure. Eighty per cent of whether a kid makes it or not is down to the player: Attitude, how he learns and how much he wants it. We need to give him as much information as possible. That’s how I think it should work because that’s how it worked when I was coming through as a kid.”

He offered an enthusiastic appraisal of the Lowland League in which Hearts, Celtic and Rangers all entered B teams by paying £40,000 each last summer. The Edinburgh club hope to be voted in again for next season. “It’s been brilliant for us and great for me personally,” continued Naismith, who retired from an illustrious playing career aged 34 in 2021 to become player development manager at Riccarton.

“I’m not in a rush to be a manager but I want to learn because it’s different to playing. I would hope this Lowland League arrangement continues next season for Hearts because we have gained a lot from it. I think the Lowland League have got something from it financially and what ourselves, Celtic and Rangers bring to the league. There will always be pros and cons and different opinions. Hopefully it can be arranged and we can all keep progressing.”

Hearts now aim to employ their academy teenagers full-time upon leaving school with the hope of testing them at B team level. This season, 16-year-old left-winger Bobby McLuckie has risen to that very challenge in his first year as a professional footballer. He is already a B-team regular and was an unused substitute in first-team games against Livingston, St Johnstone and Rangers.

“The older ones who aren’t getting contracts, you need to give them to freedom to go and try to make a career for themselves,” said Naismith. “They can go on loan somewhere or whatever, so your team changes halfway through a season and that’s what has happened to us with the B team.

“We also have a few injuries but I say it all the time: This is an opportunity for the younger guys coming in. There is no point in us saying it’s all nicey-nicey because two years down the line when they are not getting a contract – and they are three years behind their mates in terms of education and everything else because they went into football – that’s no good for them.

“We need to test them and show them what it’s going to be like. Are they going to be up to the challenge? As soon as you see progress, then they have a chance. Bobby McLuckie is an example: Somebody who has come in from school [last summer], thrived and been one of our biggest threats all season. He is only 16.

“To be playing in the Lowland League against men, he is a much better player now than he was at the start of the season. Plus, he has been chapping on the first-team door. That’s what we want. That is it in a nutshell. The other lads around him are seeing that and they want to do extra in the gym and on the pitch to get that opportunity themselves.”

The Treasurer

For me the big problem with the current set up (B team) is that fringe first team players and players coming back from injury are not getting the game time they require to be ready to step into the first team when the chance comes up

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Five of the club’s B team squad were told earlier this month that their contracts would not be extended beyond the summer, and coach Steven Naismith today explained reasons behind those decisions. Hearts hope to promote some promising under-18 players into next season’s B team squad for the Lowland League. Under-16 standouts will then promote to the under-18s to accelerate their progress.

Naismith is vocal on the fact that the Riccarton youth development process must improve due to the lack of players reaching senior level. Midfielders Connor Smith (21) and Finlay Pollock (18) plus forward Euan Henderson have all been peripheral first-team figures without becoming regulars. Naismith isn’t satisfied at his club producing merely fringe men.

That is ultimately why midfielders Scott McGill and Aidan Denholm, plus defenders Cammy Logan, Arron Darge and Leo Watson were told several weeks ago that they won't be offered new deals.

“Fast-forward three years. If we still have a B-team structure and everything is in place, that is what will happen. You get to Christmas and some guys you don’t think are going to be good enough,” said Naismith. “The younger ones have had wee tastes of the B team over that first six months of the season whilst still playing in the Under-18s. So they understand it. Of them, the ones you have high hopes for should be chapping your door and saying: ‘I want to be a starter for the B team.’

“For the older ones, the worst thing you can do is wait until the end of the season and say: ‘Right boys, you’re not getting a contract.’ Then they need to wait to July or August before there's any hope of a new club. The youth academy only works if things happen the other way and they are told early. There’s no point in having one if you aren’t going to do that.

“So these guys can go and try to forge a career for themselves at whatever level. Some will drop down and go back up in a few years’ time. Everybody else in our structure is bumped up, so younger kids get exposure in the Lowland League. Everybody learns and different speeds. Predominantly in Scotland, kids are playing first-team football at 17, 18, 19. We need to give them as much info and exposure at that age to give them the best chance.

“It hasn’t worked at Hearts for the last five or six years doing what they have been doing, so it needs to change. There needs to be a process to give them more exposure. Eighty per cent of whether a kid makes it or not is down to the player: Attitude, how he learns and how much he wants it. We need to give him as much information as possible. That’s how I think it should work because that’s how it worked when I was coming through as a kid.”

He offered an enthusiastic appraisal of the Lowland League in which Hearts, Celtic and Rangers all entered B teams by paying £40,000 each last summer. The Edinburgh club hope to be voted in again for next season. “It’s been brilliant for us and great for me personally,” continued Naismith, who retired from an illustrious playing career aged 34 in 2021 to become player development manager at Riccarton.

“I’m not in a rush to be a manager but I want to learn because it’s different to playing. I would hope this Lowland League arrangement continues next season for Hearts because we have gained a lot from it. I think the Lowland League have got something from it financially and what ourselves, Celtic and Rangers bring to the league. There will always be pros and cons and different opinions. Hopefully it can be arranged and we can all keep progressing.”

Hearts now aim to employ their academy teenagers full-time upon leaving school with the hope of testing them at B team level. This season, 16-year-old left-winger Bobby McLuckie has risen to that very challenge in his first year as a professional footballer. He is already a B-team regular and was an unused substitute in first-team games against Livingston, St Johnstone and Rangers.

“The older ones who aren’t getting contracts, you need to give them to freedom to go and try to make a career for themselves,” said Naismith. “They can go on loan somewhere or whatever, so your team changes halfway through a season and that’s what has happened to us with the B team.

“We also have a few injuries but I say it all the time: This is an opportunity for the younger guys coming in. There is no point in us saying it’s all nicey-nicey because two years down the line when they are not getting a contract – and they are three years behind their mates in terms of education and everything else because they went into football – that’s no good for them.

“We need to test them and show them what it’s going to be like. Are they going to be up to the challenge? As soon as you see progress, then they have a chance. Bobby McLuckie is an example: Somebody who has come in from school [last summer], thrived and been one of our biggest threats all season. He is only 16.

“To be playing in the Lowland League against men, he is a much better player now than he was at the start of the season. Plus, he has been chapping on the first-team door. That’s what we want. That is it in a nutshell. The other lads around him are seeing that and they want to do extra in the gym and on the pitch to get that opportunity themselves.”

Thanks FF

49 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

For me the big problem with the current set up (B team) is that fringe first team players and players coming back from injury are not getting the game time they require to be ready to step into the first team when the chance comes up

Yes.  Hope if we do LL next season, we can have a look at the age requirements.  I think overall what Naisy has said above there is the structure we should be aiming for.  Guys using it as a grounding of experience from 17-19 and exceptional 16yo getting in early.

But I don't think it would harm anyone even if they were allowed 2 overage players a week or it was perhaps 21s not 20s.  Something.  We've had a situation with Connor Smith this season where he had nowhere to play and at 21 he's hardly over the hill!

Think I'm right in saying most top leagues go u23 these days as players develop at all different stages and it may be you have a talent but he's a CF and not getting game time simply due to a Shankland, so he needs to be on 1st team bench but he also needs minutes on the pitch somehow.

The LL is better than anything else on offer, but there are parts of the inclusion criterea which need adapted basically

jamboinglasgow
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

is an interesting piece. I do think telling players in January is a better way to do it than only letting them know at the end of season which gives less time to find a new club. I do wonder if some of the loans for these players are almost like a trial. 

Some refreshing honesty and planning from Naismith in that piece.

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

Is there a new rule about how many players you can have out on loan from next season?

Loan rules changed last year. But its correct the numbers change next season and then the season after.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12520895/transfer-news-fifa-announces-radical-new-loan-plans-that-will-limit-clubs-to-six-loan-exits-per-season

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cheers, thought there was something, good idea to have a B team or a good reserve league 

I can't see how that rule will ever affect us. Club trained players or players aged 21 or younger exempt from the rule. I doubt we ever send anyone out on loan who isn't exempt.

Niemi’s gloves
2 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

I can't see how that rule will ever affect us. Club trained players or players aged 21 or younger exempt from the rule. I doubt we ever send anyone out on loan who isn't exempt.

We have had players out on loan in the past who would count - Tony Watt, Conor Sammon, Mihail Popescu last season - but obviously not six or more at the same time. 

Going the other way, the rule might have stopped a club like Newcastle signing Kuol and then lending him to us. Arguably that increases the possibility for us to make Kuol-type signings directly. 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/celtic-rangers-hearts-set-lowland-26469440#amp-readmore-target

"Lowland League clubs are ready to admit colt teams again next season - but are seeking assurances over Conference League proposals.

Celtic and Rangers have had B teams in the fifth tier for two seasons with Hearts having joined them for the current campaign after all being admitted by a vote of the clubs. All three are keen to continue that arrangement next year but need approval of members once again.

An indicative vote has already been held and was marginally in favour of admitting the three Premiership club's colt teams again, according to the Edinburgh Evening News. Seven clubs voted in favour, six against and three abstained from the vote. An official ballot will follow in the coming weeks. 

The 16 Lowland League clubs have also asked for details on the proposal for a nationwide Conference League being introduced just above them and below League Two.

It's believed the new division would include the current B teams along with Aberdeen and the rest being filled up by top teams from their league and the Highland League.

It could come into being from the 2024/25 season.

The Scottish FA’s pyramid working group has put the idea forward in a bid to properly integrate Premiership ‘B’ teams into the league structure without requiring SPFL clubs to vote for it.

The Scottish football currently comprises the Premiership, Championship and Leagues One and Two as the SPFL's four tiers, with the Highland and Lowland Leagues making up the fifth tier jointly, and a collection of leagues forming the sixth tier and below

As things currently stand, none of the three B teams are able to compete for the chance to win promotion into League Two. However, as part of new proposals put forward by SFA chief Ian Maxwell, a restructure could take place that could either see the fourth tier expanded to include B teams - or the creation of a new division all together.

The SFA hosted a meeting of the Pyramid Working Group at Hampden earlier this week, inviting SPFL chiefs and five clubs mainly from League Two.

Group members from the Lowland and Highland Leagues, as well as their counterparts from the West, East, South, North Caledonian and SJFA leagues, were also invited to attend.

The first of three options on the table would see the creation of League Three - a fifth tier for the SPFL - made up of 10 teams that would include B sides.

This would also allow for greater opportunities for promotion and relegation between the division and the Lowland and Highland Leagues.

The second option is perhaps the simplest of three as it would see the existing League Two expanded to include 16 clubs rather than 10, of which the six new entrants would comprise of B teams and sides from the Lowland and Highland Leagues.

Interestingly, this option - like the first - would allow Celtic, Rangers and Hearts' B teams to win promotion into League One, but they could go no further than that.

And in the final option, the SFA have proposed the creation of a new 10-team Conference League to sit between League Two and the Lowland and Highland League's. 

B teams would go into this division alongside other members of the current fifth tier divisions, though the B sides would NOT be allowed to win promotion into League Two.

Of course, the first two options would require the support of 75 per cent of current SPFL clubs to actually be put in place.

While the third option, given its lack of promotion opportunities for B teams, may not be as attractive to Celtic, Rangers and Hearts."

Just thought I'd post if anyone's not read it. 

I wonder if Hearts care to get promotion rather just get the players gametime as it stands.   The better we get obviously it would be better to challenge the players higher up with promotion. 

Niemi’s gloves

Two “trialists” on the bench for the B team at Cowdenbeath tonight. Seems likely that they are James Wilson and Gus Stevenson, two academy prospects who have recently turned 16 and are attracting attention from down south and/or the ugly sisters. 

Niemi’s gloves

1-0 to Cowdenbeath at half time.

In a crucial game elsewhere, Spartans are 3-0 up against Stirling Uni. If Spartans win they will be 5 points ahead of Tranent and 6 ahead of Stirling Uni with all three having three to play, so Spartans look well on course for the playoffs. 

Update: 4-0 to Spartans v the Uni team at half time

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

15 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

1-0 to Cowdenbeath at half time.

In a crucial game elsewhere, Spartans are 3-0 up against Stirling Uni. If Spartans win they will be 5 points ahead of Tranent and 6 ahead of Stirling Uni with all three having three to play, so Spartans look well on course for the playoffs. 

Update: 4-0 to Spartans v the Uni team at half time

It's actually 5 to play after tonight for Spartans, Stirling Uni and Tranent.

Niemi’s gloves
19 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

It's actually 5 to play after tonight for Spartans, Stirling Uni and Tranent.

Yes you’re correct. My arithmetic went awry somewhere. And Spartans still have away games at Tranent and Celtic B so not yet done and dusted.

Footballfirst

Very poor performance tonight. Probably should have been 3-0 down at half time. 

Callum Sandilands goal looked like it may have raised the performance levels but any hope was quickly wiped out by a poorly aligned wall at a free kick. From where I was sitting I could see the angle to get the ball round the wall and in at the near post and so it proved.

The third goal if anything was worse defending. Two Hearts players tried to ease the forward away from the ball and see it out for a goal kick, but the forward still managed to keep the ball in play and get away along the goal line, create an angle and finish easily.

Also lost Callum Flatman to an ankle or knee injury, so not a good night all round.

Maroon Sailor

Copy and Pasted from Pyramid thread - didn't realise there was a Hearts B superthread - first B match I've been to this season 

Was at the Cowdenbeath v Hearts B tonight

Piss poor from the Wee Jambos

8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Spartans looking good

IMG_20230314_231636.jpg

Just seeing that table, for me shows part of the merit in the colts team approach.  They're played 29 games.  Where else would our lads realistically get 36 games under their belt, and of competitive football against aduts, no matter that it's 5th tier.

The fact we really have used it as a colts rather than B team is great too - really young team.  Leage place doesn't matter

13 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/celtic-rangers-hearts-set-lowland-26469440#amp-readmore-target

"Lowland League clubs are ready to admit colt teams again next season - but are seeking assurances over Conference League proposals.

Celtic and Rangers have had B teams in the fifth tier for two seasons with Hearts having joined them for the current campaign after all being admitted by a vote of the clubs. All three are keen to continue that arrangement next year but need approval of members once again.

An indicative vote has already been held and was marginally in favour of admitting the three Premiership club's colt teams again, according to the Edinburgh Evening News. Seven clubs voted in favour, six against and three abstained from the vote. An official ballot will follow in the coming weeks. 

The 16 Lowland League clubs have also asked for details on the proposal for a nationwide Conference League being introduced just above them and below League Two.

It's believed the new division would include the current B teams along with Aberdeen and the rest being filled up by top teams from their league and the Highland League.

It could come into being from the 2024/25 season.

The Scottish FA’s pyramid working group has put the idea forward in a bid to properly integrate Premiership ‘B’ teams into the league structure without requiring SPFL clubs to vote for it.

The Scottish football currently comprises the Premiership, Championship and Leagues One and Two as the SPFL's four tiers, with the Highland and Lowland Leagues making up the fifth tier jointly, and a collection of leagues forming the sixth tier and below

As things currently stand, none of the three B teams are able to compete for the chance to win promotion into League Two. However, as part of new proposals put forward by SFA chief Ian Maxwell, a restructure could take place that could either see the fourth tier expanded to include B teams - or the creation of a new division all together.

The SFA hosted a meeting of the Pyramid Working Group at Hampden earlier this week, inviting SPFL chiefs and five clubs mainly from League Two.

Group members from the Lowland and Highland Leagues, as well as their counterparts from the West, East, South, North Caledonian and SJFA leagues, were also invited to attend.

The first of three options on the table would see the creation of League Three - a fifth tier for the SPFL - made up of 10 teams that would include B sides.

This would also allow for greater opportunities for promotion and relegation between the division and the Lowland and Highland Leagues.

The second option is perhaps the simplest of three as it would see the existing League Two expanded to include 16 clubs rather than 10, of which the six new entrants would comprise of B teams and sides from the Lowland and Highland Leagues.

Interestingly, this option - like the first - would allow Celtic, Rangers and Hearts' B teams to win promotion into League One, but they could go no further than that.

And in the final option, the SFA have proposed the creation of a new 10-team Conference League to sit between League Two and the Lowland and Highland League's. 

B teams would go into this division alongside other members of the current fifth tier divisions, though the B sides would NOT be allowed to win promotion into League Two.

Of course, the first two options would require the support of 75 per cent of current SPFL clubs to actually be put in place.

While the third option, given its lack of promotion opportunities for B teams, may not be as attractive to Celtic, Rangers and Hearts."

Just thought I'd post if anyone's not read it. 

I wonder if Hearts care to get promotion rather just get the players gametime as it stands.   The better we get obviously it would be better to challenge the players higher up with promotion. 

Option 1 or 2 here would be good.  I think option 2 is my pref - can't see anyone going for it though.  Needing 75% buy-in which includes all the lower league no marks who want the to preserve the 1 up 1 down playoff in bottom league will be a blocker.

What really needs changed is our governance model

Hungry hippo
48 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Just seeing that table, for me shows part of the merit in the colts team approach.  They're played 29 games.  Where else would our lads realistically get 36 games under their belt, and of competitive football against aduts, no matter that it's 5th tier.

The fact we really have used it as a colts rather than B team is great too - really young team.  Leage place doesn't matter

Option 1 or 2 here would be good.  I think option 2 is my pref - can't see anyone going for it though.  Needing 75% buy-in which includes all the lower league no marks who want the to preserve the 1 up 1 down playoff in bottom league will be a blocker.

What really needs changed is our governance model

Option 1 is dreadful.

37 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Option 1 is dreadful.

Hm, better than option 3.  It's effectively still just a non-league league but with proper promotion.  Why not have it all the way in a way tier one all the way to tier 25 and you are promoted on merit alone (within set criterea such as grounds etc I suppose).

As long as this 5th tier doesn't get voting rights which effect the top tier, like happens at present, it's fine.

I'd rather the setup our B team goes in to has promotion available (agreed up to L1 seems sensible), as it properly gives the lads something to play for, a proper dog in the fight.

Have to say, I'm the first to criticise our game, but I don't mind these options.  As I say, option 3 is pish imo.  And as I also say, what chance does it have with our voting system?  That's one of the main things needs sorted to ever really progress our game.  Guys basically running their local amateur club like a bowling club, worrying more about Margaret's sandwiches and if Jimmy minded to unblock the lavvy and book the gogo dancers for Friday night's smoker.  These people - maybe community-minded guys probably salt of the earth, to be fair - have no right having a say in our top tier game.

22 minutes ago, Hesh said:

How’s the pitch looking?

After Grant Hanley and Ryan Porteous were within 2 miles of it....?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******