• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Niemi’s gloves

• jamboinglasgow

Anyone going on Friday?

Looking at tickets. Take it is mix fans.(I know no real segregation at lowland League)

Thought I'd ask as it's in a big ground

9 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Anyone going on Friday?

Looking at tickets. Take it is mix fans.(I know no real segregation at lowland League)

Thought I'd ask as it's in a big ground

I’m going but only cos I’m a 20 min walk from the stadium think I might go to the bar in the stadium too. Unsure about tickets though 

20 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I’m going but only cos I’m a 20 min walk from the stadium think I might go to the bar in the stadium too. Unsure about tickets though 

Tickets can be ordered online

https://opengoalbroomhillfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/e/open_goal_broomhill_fc_vs_heart_of_midlothian_b__lowland_league__friday_23rd_september_2022__745pm_ko

Edited by Footballfirst

Taking my two lads through, new ground to tick off for me and interesting to see how our depleted team (due to international) get on against open goal. 

been to a few b team games this season and they definitely are coming on but fear this one could be a tough one without smith, pollock, neilson who have all featured a lot 

U19s losing 0-1 to Malta at HT.

McFarlane made one decent save but has had little to do otherwise. Pollock was guilty of giving the ball away needlessly, but actually looks like one of the few players who are putting some energy into the game.

Scotland at least has a chance of of getting back into it, as the Maltese keeper has been sent off

Niemi’s gloves
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Arron Darge a goalkeeper!! Big loss in the defence if he is out though.

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

9 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I see Jaden Ferguson's been loaned to Forfar. Seems a strange one - thought he'd been signed specifically for the B team.

He been playing well and want to try him a couple levels up.

23 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

I see Jaden Ferguson's been loaned to Forfar. Seems a strange one - thought he'd been signed specifically for the B team.

I suspect that there may be some disciplinary action being played out here.  He apparently turned up late for the B Team's friendly against Inverkeithing on Saturday, so was relegated to the bench and remained there, despite Hearts bringing on every other sub (10 of them) during the game. 

Niemi’s gloves

Maybe a bit disappointing after being ahead with an extra man but actually not a bad result. I think we started with 6 under 18s (2005s or later). That was the B teams 4th successive away game. Next up Rangers B at home, I think.

Thought we played some good stuff Tonight. A bit of niavity infront of goal where a shot would be better than taking too many touches. Think OG Broomhill got away with one. We were the better team with 11 v 11 and probably edged it when we went down to 10 to square the game up.

1 hour ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Maybe a bit disappointing after being ahead with an extra man but actually not a bad result. I think we started with 6 under 18s (2005s or later). That was the B teams 4th successive away game. Next up Rangers B at home, I think.

rangers double header next weekend 

first team at Tynecastle 1230 then the b team at ferguson park at 3pm, right turnaround but doable 

22 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

Has made his debut for Forfar. Half time sub with Forfar losing 3-0 at home to Stirling. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Has made his debut for Forfar. Half time sub with Forfar losing 3-0 at home to Stirling. 

Seems like a great move.. Their centre half Andy Munro has performed well against both Hearts and Hibs, laddie likes a lager works with BT and was offered full-time football but better off staying with Forfar and working. Crazy stuff.

On 27/09/2022 at 16:51, Bigteam said:

Pollock starting for U19s versus tournament favourites USA, very solid first half in monsoon conditions!  

Was just reading he and his family are all Hearts. He's been with us since he was 8, after rejecting Hibs.

*****'s alright.

19 hours ago, Smithee said:

Was just reading he and his family are all Hearts. He's been with us since he was 8, after rejecting Hibs.

*****'s alright.

got a link mate please ?

Footballfirst

A reminder that the B team has a game at home (Rosewell) tonight against Tranent. K.O. is at 7:45.

There's also a few ex Hearts youngsters in the Tranent squad, Kelby Mason, Shaun Rutherford, Kieran Sommerville, Rory Currie and Kris Renton.

Footballfirst

Another narrow defeat for the youngsters, despite having gone 2-1 up with a double from Mackenzie Kirk.

Unlucky not to take something from the game after passing up three half chances in the last few minutes.

I was told that Pasquale Bruno was watching the game. Obviously here for the Fiorentina game.

23 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another narrow defeat for the youngsters, despite having gone 2-1 up with a double from Mackenzie Kirk.

Unlucky not to take something from the game after passing up three half chances in the last few minutes.

I was told that Pasquale Bruno was watching the game. Obviously here for the Fiorentina game.

Arguably the coldest I’ve been at a game in a long time tonight. This is the 8th time I’ve seen the B team this season.

can definitely see the improvement of the team, confidence and needle wise. Cumbernauld, Rangers B and tonight all had a fair bit of aggro but the Hearts players stood up to it, and ultimately , taking chances (tonight and Cumbernauld) and poor officiating (Rangers) have seen Heart’s not take at least 7 points instead of 1 from the last 3. 

• 3 weeks later...
Footballfirst

The B Team contrived to lose a 3-1 lead in the closing minutes today, in a LL game away to Gala Fairydean Rovers.

They went down to 10 men when Aaron Darge was sent off for a 2nd yellow in the 83rd minute while leading 3-1, with goals from Sandilands, Kirk and Thomas.  Gala got a goal back in the 87th minute before Hearts conceded a penalty in stoppage time.  

Footballfirst

Another defeat for the B team, this time 2-4 at home to the University of Stirling. To be fair it was closer to an U18 side than an U20 side as allowed in the LL.

However, it could have been much worse as UoS passed up on half a dozen great chances.  I can only recall Hearts having a couple of other attempts at goal.

Hearts went two down early in the game with the keeper and defence looking all at sea.  They managed to get back on terms, against the run of play, just before half time with Kirk then Thomas getting on the scoresheet.

UoS went ahead again early in the second half and added a 4th midway through the half.  Poor finishing and a couple of exceptional stops from McFarlane kept it at 4.

Hearts will need to learn to be much sharper in moving the ball.  All too often players were caught in possession by taking an extra touch or being uncertain about a pass.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Another defeat for the B team, this time 2-4 at home to the University of Stirling. To be fair it was closer to an U18 side than an U20 side as allowed in the LL.

However, it could have been much worse as UoS passed up on half a dozen great chances.  I can only recall Hearts having a couple of other attempts at goal.

Hearts went two down early in the game with the keeper and defence looking all at sea.  They managed to get back on terms, against the run of play, just before half time with Kirk then Thomas getting on the scoresheet.

UoS went ahead again early in the second half and added a 4th midway through the half.  Poor finishing and a couple of exceptional stops from McFarlane kept it at 4.

Hearts will need to learn to be much sharper in moving the ball.  All too often players were caught in possession by taking an extra touch or being uncertain about a pass.

Looking at the line up must be a lot of the b team away to dingwall .

Edited by Rockwell

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I always appreciate your summaries on the B team FF, pity we’re not getting results, but hopefully we’re at least getting the experience we came to this league for. I now wait on your posts FF in the same way I used to wait for the Pink 40yrs ago! 🙂

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Heart&soul said:

I always appreciate your summaries on the B team FF, pity we’re not getting results, but hopefully we’re at least getting the experience we came to this league for. I now wait on your posts FF in the same way I used to wait for the Pink 40yrs ago! 🙂

Big game for them on Wednesday night, at home to bottom club Dalbeattie. If they can't get a victory in that one, then there is the embarrassing prospect of having to fight to avoid bottom spot for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately I'm away on holiday next week, so will miss the B team game and the U13/U14/U15 CAS Cup finals next weekend.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Big game for them on Wednesday night, at home to bottom club Dalbeattie. If they can't get a victory in that one, then there is the embarrassing prospect of having to fight to avoid bottom spot for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately I'm away on holiday next week, so will miss the B team game and the U13/U14/U15 CAS Cup finals next weekend.

where and when are the cup finals please mate ?

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

where and when are the cup finals please mate ?

I believe that the U13s/U15s are at Alloa on Saturday (noon for the first one). The U14s are at Forfar on Sunday (don't know the k.o. time though). All three games v Aberdeen.

Once I get the k.o. times confirmed, I will post them on JKB.  However the club should be doing it.

gorgierulesapply88
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Very embarassing indeed. We're talking about, almost full-time players.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***** The Hearts B super thread - Liam Fox confirmed as coach ******