Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

49 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He is another that votes constantly to punish the less off but always votes yes to help the better off.Im not one for just punishing one or the other to be honest.I agree with you we need a complete rethink.

Also anti same sex marriage. What a unifier he will be

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

Riccarton3
8 hours ago, Costanza said:

Whether Wallace has done more for the country on service is completely irrelevant.

It's what he would do for the country as PM that matters and the Tory manifesto doesn't have the answers to the current crisis.

Besting someone at PMQs is another irrelevance. Blackford is poor in any case and 'winning ' PMQs means hee haw impact in the country.

Hell, you can even lie at it and it makes no difference.

Wallace brings competence and integrity but that isn't going to solve the countries problems. It needs radical solutions and I'll be amazed if Wallace was the man to do that.

The bar is so low but after Johnson this is hardly surprising.

Wasn't Wallace on camera mocking Putin to a bunch of military personnel like a 12 year old when the war was in its early stages? He comes across as another blustering clown which explains his attraction to the Tory support.

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The bar is so low but after Johnson this is hardly surprising.

Wasn't Wallace on camera mocking Putin to a bunch of military personnel like a 12 year old when the war was in its early stages? He comes across as another blustering clown which explains his attraction to the Tory support.

That’s the nonce yeah. 
This is the man we’re afraid gets the job though 😐

Just now, jack D and coke said:

That’s the nonce yeah. 

I fear Liz Truss 😬 think she'd be worse. So stuck a £5 on her for the job 😶

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I fear Liz Truss 😬 think she'd be worse. So stuck a £5 on her for the job 😶

CHEESE.

Riccarton3
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s the nonce yeah. 

Maybe being  dense.  Don't get what you mean

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe being  dense.  Don't get what you mean

I see people saying he’s the man to end the SNP up here or something equally hilarious. 
He was in the army you know. Don’t more for his country etc etc. 

You know what these brits are like with wars and soldiers. 

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I see people saying he’s the man to end the SNP up here or something equally hilarious. 
He was in the army you know. Don’t more for his country etc etc. 

You know what these brits are like with wars and soldiers

Ah, right. I think Wallace speaks like a little Englander until it all unravels and he's left stuttering about rebuilds. Mind you this could be them all. Just listened to James Cleverly for that. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Ah, right. I think Wallace speaks like a little Englander until it all unravels and he's left stuttering about rebuilds. Mind you this could be them all. Just listened to James Cleverly for that. 

He’s a pompous Tory nonce. 
The daily Mail/express will choose the next PM anyway.

As per. 

Riccarton3
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He’s a pompous Tory nonce. 
The daily Mail/express will choose the next PM anyway.

As per. 

The whole Tory apparatus remains something from Victorian times. The obscurity is key, always, as money is greedily stashed. The recent inflation fearing decisions - picking  and choosing what is inflationary - comes and goes with  brief scrutiny to suggest there is any serious scrutiny. Probably the same in 1900s. All built on sand but enough pigs at the trough to sustain it.

Edited by Riccarton3

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

The whole Tory apparatus remains something from Victorian times. The obscurity is key, always, as money is greedily stashed. The recent inflation fearing decisions - picking  and choosing what is inflationary - comes and goes with  brief scrutiny to suggest there is scrutiny. Probably the same in 1900s. All built on sand but enough pigs at the trough to sustain it.

Yeah they get you pointing and hating on some group by their attack dog media. 
If it’s not the poor it’s firemen or teachers or whatever. 
While they rob the gaff. 

12 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Thanks. Not representative of the population. 

Maybe a low number proportionally want to be there. How many are on the board of Scottish football clubs including Hearts?

Lord Montpelier
11 hours ago, Costanza said:

Whether Wallace has done more for the country on service is completely irrelevant.

It's what he would do for the country as PM that matters and the Tory manifesto doesn't have the answers to the current crisis.

Besting someone at PMQs is another irrelevance. Blackford is poor in any case and 'winning ' PMQs means hee haw impact in the country.

Hell, you can even lie at it and it makes no difference.

Wallace brings competence and integrity but that isn't going to solve the countries problems. It needs radical solutions and I'll be amazed if Wallace was the man to do that.

Competence and integrity are the building blocks of solid democracy. If he has this... start with him. 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Competence and integrity are the building blocks of solid democracy. If he has this... start with him.

Shows the desperate level of expectancy

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Shows the desperate level of expectancy

Shows sensible decision making in the current context. 

Wallace is a lightweight and a bit of an intellectual pygmy.  Tugendhat is something near to the genuine article of someone who will conduct a serious,  professional government.  Head and shoulders above every other deadbeat candidate they have.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Zelensky is an arsehole the propaganda we are fed about him being some sort of hero is off the scale nonsense 

Go on, why's he an arsehole?

18 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wallace is a lightweight and a bit of an intellectual pygmy.  Tugendhat is something near to the genuine article of someone who will conduct a serious,  professional government.  Head and shoulders above every other deadbeat candidate they have.

Tom Tugendhat earlier this year advocated expelling all Russian citizens from the UK, and presumably even those who didn't support Putin.

He may be the best of the Tory hopefuls but by Christ it's a low bar

32 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

That should be the bare minimum for an MP, let alone a PM.

I guess this is symptomatic of how much Johnson has debased Britain.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Maybe a low number proportionally want to be there. How many are on the board of Scottish football clubs including Hearts?

Yes, possibly. I'm not hung up on it but it is interesting to see. 

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Spot on. Populism is a really dangerous route and he really has rivalled Trump in that regard. 

I'm in Norfolk just now and it's scary to what extent otherwise decent people have fallen for this shite. 

i wish jj was my dad
49 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That rules Tugendhat out then. 

Riccarton3
26 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Indeed. They will be championing integrity now as if they've just invented it. We'll even do integrity, what more can you ask?

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Zelensky is an arsehole the propaganda we are fed about him being some sort of hero is off the scale nonsense 

Yep he’s a charlatan . Sadly people taken in by his act . 

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep he’s a charlatan . Sadly people taken in by his act . 

Seems to be quite common

WorldChampions1902
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Tim Stanley is a bellend. Hopefully Alistair Campbell empties his bank account.

Campbell fired a warning shot across his bough which put his gas on a peep. Campbell then put the record straight on Andrew Gilligan and the fact he now works for BloJob.

Campbell has questions to answer on WMD’s. And let’s not forget, Dr. David Kelly is now dead.

But I thought Campbell made a lot of very good points and emphatically called out the Right Wing media for what it is.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Campbell fired a warning shot across his bough which put his gas on a peep. Campbell then put the record straight on Andrew Gilligan and the fact he now works for BloJob.

Campbell has questions to answer on WMD’s. And let’s not forget, Dr. David Kelly is now dead.

But I thought Campbell made a lot of very good points and emphatically called out the Right Wing media for what it is.

It was nauseating hypocrisy from him

On question time last night 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I agree but Campbell was happy for the Right Wing media to back his pal Blair and has worked with them for over two decades, slightly hypocritical. 

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree but Campbell was happy for the Right Wing media to back his pal Blair and has worked with them for over two decades, slightly hypocritical. 

There’s no denying the hypocrisy and your use of the word ‘slightly’ is a kindness.

Lord Montpelier
55 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Yep. Just look at the nick of politicians across all parties. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

There’s no denying the hypocrisy and your use of the word ‘slightly’ is a kindness.

Agreed 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yep. Just look at the nick of politicians across all parties. 

I agree. Starmer ran on a competent Corbyn ticket to win the Labour leadership and has rolled back on almost all of his 10 pledges.

Blackford was massively hypocritical over the Patrick Grady issues.

Fundamentally the mainstream parties are just fiddling at the sides to address the key issues facing the country.

It's profoundly depressing.

Lord Montpelier
14 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I agree. Starmer ran on a competent Corbyn ticket to win the Labour leadership and has rolled back on almost all of his 10 pledges.

Blackford was massively hypocritical over the Patrick Grady issues.

Fundamentally the mainstream parties are just fiddling at the sides to address the key issues facing the country.

It's profoundly depressing.

Agree. And you could add many , many others to this list. And that's just the ones that have been caught at it. 

Malinga the Swinga

I see Starmer has been cleared by police of any wrongdoing during lockdown.

Wonder if the clown on here that was saying he had been fined and was supressing the news via court order will apologise.

I doubt it but would be right thing to do.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I see Starmer has been cleared by police of any wrongdoing during lockdown.

Wonder if the clown on here that was saying he had been fined and was supressing the news via court order will apologise.

I doubt it but would be right thing to do.

He wouldn't understand the meaning of 'right thing to do'.  Both sides are capable of making up lies to suit their agenda. Just because the Tories have more form for it doesn't mean they have a monopoly on bullshit. 

The Real Maroonblood
36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Starmer comes across as an actor every time I listen to or watch him just can not take him as sincere 

A Sir leading the Labour Party is laughable.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

A Sir leading the Labour Party is laughable.

I think Labour recognise that the UK is far too right wing to elect a left of centre prime minister now a days it is a shame though because look at the mess the right have made of things for the last twenty years ................... Scotland is generally more left wing and I think that is shown in the way the Labour party has lost a lot of support up here well that and the independence question any way

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

I think Labour recognise that the UK is far too right wing to elect a left of centre prime minister now a days it is a shame though because look at the mess the right have made of things for the last twenty years ................... Scotland is generally more left wing and I think that is shown in the way the Labour party has lost a lot of support up here well that and the independence question any way

Well from 1997 it was 56 MP’s to 1 just now tells it all.

13 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Well from 1997 it was 56 MP’s to 1 just now tells it all.

Totally 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Starmer comes across as an actor every time I listen to or watch him just can not take him as sincere 

I like him. Not sure if he is PM material. Raynor is waiting to stab him in the back imho. She fancies the leadership role. However not a fan of her at all. 

Edited by Marvin
Correction

Just now, Marvin said:

I like him. Not sure if he is PM material. Raynor is wanting to stab him in the back omho. She fancies the leadership role. However not a fan of her at all. 

Apart from his stance on independence Starmer says all the right things that should make me like him but I just do not believe him as it totally feels like he is just insincere 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Apart from his stance on independence Starmer says all the right things that should make me like him but I just do not believe him as it totally feels like he is just insincere 

Mind you I also liked Corbyn but thought he was too far to the left to consider voting for his party. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Mind you I also liked Corbyn but thought he was too far to the left to consider voting for his party. 

I think he is the reason we now have Starmer leading the Labour Party Corbyn and old Labour no longer electable in modern UK I preferred Corbyn to Starmer 

The Real Maroonblood
30 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I like him. Not sure if he is PM material. Raynor is waiting to stab him in the back imho. She fancies the leadership role. However not a fan of her at all. 

A decent Labour leader would've had Johnson by the short and curlies long ago. 

He's useless. 

I would prefer Raynor.