Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

Lone Striker
4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Bojo has quit and now unquit in 5 mins. He's staying on until September at least. 

No shame.

Indeed.  No apology for anything that led to 50 of his ministers resigning in protest at his record of repeated lying and poor judgement.      Just blame a  WM "herd" for turning on him.       His ego is astonishing - in his own mind, the country needs him and no-one else could do as good a job. 

You have to wonder what Raab (deputy PM) makes of  him staying on for another 4 months.   I don't like the guy, but maybe its Boris unwittingly admitting his judgement on making Raab deputy PM was also flawed !!

Surely it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 weeks to assemble candidates, hold some meetings and do the vote ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

i wish jj was my dad
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Indeed.  No apology for anything that led to 50 of his ministers resigning in protest at his record of repeated lying and poor judgement.      Just blame a  WM "herd" for turning on him.       His ego is astonishing - in his own mind, the country needs him and no-one else could do as good a job. 

You have to wonder what Raab (deputy PM) makes of  him staying on for another 4 months.   I don't like the guy, but maybe its Boris unwittingly admitting his judgement on making Raab deputy PM was also flawed !!

Surely it shouldn't take more than 4 or 5 weeks to assemble candidates, hold some meetings and do the vote ?

What is the point of a deputy if said deputy can't act as caretaker when the leader is ....indisposed? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The only Tory politician with any talent and connection with the real world is Ben Wallace. The rest are as snide and hopeless as each other 

Ainsley Harriott
33 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So its the fault of the SNP for England voting for the tories since 2010 is it aye?

Geez peace.

If folk are that upset about the EU deal then lets find a way of re-joining.

I wonder how Scotland could do that?

They can't that's why Elsie McSelfie will struggle to see Christmas.

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

What is the point of a deputy if said deputy can't act as caretaker when the leader is ....indisposed? 

“The prospect of a Tory Leadership Contest has all the appeal of choosing which rancid toilet you will visit during the Glastonbury Festival”.

Courtesy of James O’Brien. Bang on. Again!:gok:

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

“The prospect of a Tory Leadership Contest has all the appeal of choosing which rancid toilet you will visit during the Glastonbury Festival”.

Courtesy of James O’Brien. Bang on. Again!:gok:

👍

Pans Jambo
14 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

They can't that's why Elsie McSelfie will struggle to see Christmas.

Really? Sounds like you should start a seperate thread about that.
Maybe something along the lines of “The rise & fall of Elsie Mcselfie” then see how many years (& years) it’ll run for 👍

Edited by Pans Jambo

Ainsley Harriott
23 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Really? Sounds like you should start a seperate thread about that.
Maybe something along the lines of “The rise & fall of Elsie Mcselfie” then see how many years (& years) it’ll run for 👍

Yes really. What parallel universe do you live in where Scotland is joining the EU? Reckon Elsie is nearing the end she's lead the gullible for a good while now but even the slightly less stupid ones are starting the see right through her.

Lone Striker

Going by this morning's  media reports of likely leadership candidates, a few might present a little "difficulty" for some traditional Tory voters at the next GE if the successful candidate is one of these.

Suella Braverman, Nadim Zahawi, Sajid Javid, James Cleverly

:whistling:

13 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Yes really. What parallel universe do you live in where Scotland is joining the EU? Reckon Elsie is nearing the end she's lead the gullible for a good while now but even the slightly less stupid ones are starting the see right through her.

Post on the “ fall “ thread then.
This is an actual fell flat on his face thread.
👍

Edited by Boab

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So its the fault of the SNP for England voting for the tories since 2010 is it aye?

Geez peace.

If folk are that upset about the EU deal then lets find a way of re-joining.

I wonder how Scotland could do that?

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

So they effectively scuppered the last chance of securing a deal. Instead, they opened the door to the UKIP mob who didn't have any interest in compromising with Johnny Foreigner. 

What happened next was so predictable and will **** us all for generations. 

😄 

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I know who the bad guys are but the good guys need to behave like good guys to actually be good guys. 

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

lol

Teresa May refused to allow the national assemblies of Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland have any input into the Brexit negotiations.

Teresa May refused to allow Labour, the LibDems, the Greens or anybody else have any input into the Brexit negotiations.

The Brexit deal is a Tory thing.

And only a Tory thing.

Let's get that one thing perfectly clear.

Edited by Cade

24 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

What a tantrum that was 😄 

Pans Jambo
53 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The one where we kick Westminster into touch and sign up mate. Its called Independence. Boris may have said no but well...not sure about him being PM much longer.

The attorney general told ITV's Robert Peston she would join a Tory leadership race to be the next prime minister, saying 'it would be the greatest honour'. Braverman had called for Boris Johnson to quit after a series of resignations in the past 48 hours. She said although she did not support Johnson she would not quit her role in government.

Who She? 

image.jpeg

jack D and coke

A grown man with the queen as his avatar using terms like Elsie McSelfie. 
What a beamer. 

The Real Maroonblood

That Talk Radio is like a political party broadcast for the Tory Party.

Cringeworthy stuff.

Watt-Zeefuik

Oh, I blame the Tories. Make no mistake. But just because the Tories did what Tories do, that doesn't get everyone else off the hook. 50 SNP votes could have made a helluva difference. 

The problem is that May's deal, while being marginally better than Boris's, was still a very bad deal for many reasons and did not deserve to be passed by anyone. That it was the asswipes in the ESG whom she was courting who killed it does not change that. Saying the SNP should have voted for it is saying the SNP should have supported a terrible deal, when it looked like there was an option of getting a far better deal.

As others have said, there were non-SNP opposition parties who were friendlier to Brexit who would have happily cut a less toxic deal with her. But she insisted on making it a strictly Tory deal. If May wanted non-Tory votes, she could have made the most basic overtures to try to get them. But she didn't.

It's ridiculous to blame the SNP for failing to vote for a patently shit deal that she never courted them on, and when a general election offered the chance to get a far better one.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

The problem is that May's deal, while being marginally better than Boris's, was still a very bad deal for many reasons and did not deserve to be passed by anyone. That it was the asswipes in the ESG whom she was courting who killed it does not change that. Saying the SNP should have voted for it is saying the SNP should have supported a terrible deal, when it looked like there was an option of getting a far better deal.

As others have said, there were non-SNP opposition parties who were friendlier to Brexit who would have happily cut a less toxic deal with her. But she insisted on making it a strictly Tory deal. If May wanted non-Tory votes, she could have made the most basic overtures to try to get them. But she didn't.

It's ridiculous to blame the SNP for failing to vote for a patently shit deal that she never courted them on, and when a general election offered the chance to get a far better one.

Can blame the snp for a lot of things but that shit brexit is not on them. 

Happy with families going hungry? Because I'm ****ing not. 

😂😂 You've totally lost it. The right wing racists in ukip/tory gave us brexit, end of story. There is a thread elsewhere to have a go at the SNP so head over there and fill your boots. Meanwhile, sensible posters can use this thread to celebrate the downfall of a racist/sexist arsehole. 

2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Quite and the snp were happy to screw us all over 

😂😂 Poor iqof5, hurting much?? 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, XB52 said:

😂😂 You've totally lost it. The right wing racists in ukip/tory gave us brexit, end of story. There is a thread elsewhere to have a go at the SNP so head over there and fill your boots. Meanwhile, sensible posters can use this thread to celebrate the downfall of a racist/sexist arsehole. 

That’s fair comment.

manaliveits105
Just now, XB52 said:

😂😂 Poor iqof5, hurting much?? 

Not at all as I’ve already said exciting times ahead. Onwards and upwards 

the opposition including the snp are risible and now Boris is off they have no policies 

We've gone around in circles for a few days on this. I respect but disagree with your view.

For me, there are circumstances when you should put the national interest first. This is one of them.  Every right thinking MP regardless of party should have voted for the deal that did the least harm. Not enough did. And we are now seeing the consequences of that. 

Just as we will see the consequences of a lot of Scottish Civil Servants being diverted from dealing with the cost of living crisis and all the other shit facing the country to focus on a Referendum.  And UK civil servants being diverted to try and stop the referendum happening. I don't see history judging NS or whoever is in no.10 kindly for that. 

Now you show your true colours; just another unionist using any way to have a go at our government. As already said, you're on the wrong thread so no more from me. 

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The only Tory politician with any talent and connection with the real world is Ben Wallace. The rest are as snide and hopeless as each other 

Have to agree, he comes over well. So hope he doesn't get it

4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Not at all as I’ve already said exciting times ahead. Onwards and upwards 

the opposition including the snp are risible and now Boris is off they have no policies 

😂😂

25 minutes ago, Imaman said:

The attorney general told ITV's Robert Peston she would join a Tory leadership race to be the next prime minister, saying 'it would be the greatest honour'. Braverman had called for Boris Johnson to quit after a series of resignations in the past 48 hours. She said although she did not support Johnson she would not quit her role in government.

Who She? 

image.jpeg

IMG_20220707_165512.jpg

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Have to agree, he comes over well. So hope he doesn't get it

I really wouldn’t be bothered if he got it. 
He’s came across a total bellend the couple of times I’ve seen him. 
Gobbing off saying Scotland couldn’t use the armed forces to help the nhs or vaccine rollout when England was doing that very thing. 
Then he made an apple runt of himself saying the Scot’s guards kicked the Russians backsides before and they’d do it again soon after the invasion of Ukraine. 
Where all this “he’s a good sort” is coming from I’ve no idea.

Hes a bellend Tory imo. 

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, pablo said:

Worth remembering that all those Tory cants who resigned are still Tory cants.....

Is the correct answer.

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Gobbing off saying Scotland couldn’t use the armed forces to help the nhs or vaccine rollout when England was doing that very thing. 
Then he made an apple runt of himself saying the Scot’s guards kicked the Russians backsides before and they’d do it again soon after the invasion of Ukraine. 

Hes a bellend Tory imo. 

Is another correct answer.

Edited by joondalupjambo

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The failure of May to get her deal through was down to her inability to get her own MPs to vote for it. Primarily the ERG group.

It was a Tory designed, developed and implemented project.

Is yet another correct answer.

Well done loads of folk getting the answers right today😀

jack D and coke

Didn’t realise it was Hugh Grant that got that boy to play the Benny Hill music. 
He’s a top lad Shug. 

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

The same tory cants are now hanging the narrative with every interview on the TV today, apparently the tories are brilliant and they have done "so-much" for the country.

Trying to save their own jobs more like.

Sir Keir is just another tory with a different coloured tie but I agree with him on one thing, the country needs a reset. A full-on GE is required ASAP.

The problem then is that the Tory's get a new leader, the media back them and play the Starmer is boring card and bingo we are back to square one.

Unless of course.......

16 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hes a bellend Tory imo. 

Can't argue with that, feel better now😊

joondalupjambo

The root of the bulk of the problem as to why we are where are now is that t+t Cameron.  You know the rich tw&t that became even richer once to left office.

A wee thing that bugged me yesterday about Starmer. He wished only the England team luck and not the NI team. Poor!

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes mate that is definitely what I was saying and it was in no way a metaphor …………… sorry if you are having a bad day 😞 

I'm having a good day as I wanted Johnson to go. 

il Duce McTarkin
33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A wee thing that bugged me yesterday about Starmer. He wished only the England team luck and not the NI team. Poor!

Aye, me also. He realised he'd dropped a clanger too, but didn't have the presence to rectify it.

10 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Aye, me also. He realised he'd dropped a clanger too, but didn't have the presence to rectify it.

The lads up the back were giving him it, tight. :D I was helping them.

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Imaman said:

Place your bets! 

image.jpeg

I'm betting 50 pee that it's not one of the brown ones. 

45 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm having a good day as I wanted Johnson to go. 

Excellent …………. I am having a good day because I torched lots of rodents on my farm ………… I pretended they were Tories 

manaliveits105
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Manalive105 for the next PMs chief aide 😄 

Only if it’s Penny 😍

Seymour M Hersh
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Excellent …………. I am having a good day because I torched lots of rodents on my farm ………… I pretended they were Tories 

I can see you being a rodent fiddler. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I can see you being a rodent fiddler. 

Gosh …………… I would report some one like that 

WorldChampions1902
16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm betting 50 pee that it's not one of the brown ones. 

:oohmatron: