***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Is he going to play instead of Rodri though? 

Doesn’t need to, Even if he’s like for like with Fernandinho then he’ll get 33 appearances, plus he’ll have the advantage of being part homegrown for European games

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

vegas-voss
34 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Man City further saturating the market as they now venture into Italy. 

E894A2DD-AF87-4E6E-95FD-362DD39AABEC.png

Just seems all wrong that

jamboinglasgow
57 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Just looking at the outs and ins for each SPL club so far.  Rangers one is intriguing - bringing in 3  16 y.o. lads from other club academies. 

Bailey Rice from Motherwell,   Cammy Cooper from Partick, and  Keiron Willox from ICT.        Seems they still believe their academy can produce top-class first team players.      Perhaps its the Nathan Patterson  financial process they're trying to follow ? 

Are we doing something like that too ?    @Footballfirst   ?

Rangers have signed a lot of youngsers from other teams this summer. They have also signed a 16 year old Scottish player from Everton, Mason Munn from Glentorran and Archie Stevens from Wimbledon. I think they are also signing a 16 year old Millwall who is highly rated.

The mental thing is, that if their wikipedia is to be believed, between their B team and U18 team, Rangers have 52 players on their book.

Lone Striker
56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We do look at released youngsters, primarily from the OF clubs. We gave trials to several such players over the past year but have only retained Adam Forrester and Rocco Friel.  I don't think that there are many instances of us looking to sign players from other clubs on a full time contract just as they turn 16 though. If we did that then there would be compensation payments to pay.

Thanks for that info.   I'd have though that paying compensation to a club for a very promising  16 year-old would make some financial sense though - much cheaper than trying to buy him when he's a few years older.   Assuming he fulfils his early promise, obviously.     Hickey is an example that worked out for us.    

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You would think they would tighten the rules on how many clubs a company can own, did Leipzig not play Salzburg recently in Europe 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
Imagine the seethe if they took over St Midden for example and they started challenging the uglies. 

Pasquale for King

Can’t see where Eriksen and Fernández fit into the same team unless the latter like Ronaldo is for the off.  

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Doesn’t need to, Even if he’s like for like with Fernandinho then he’ll get 33 appearances, plus he’ll have the advantage of being part homegrown for European games

He will be suspended a bit too, can’t tackle without fouling and his passing stats aren’t great either. As you say it looks like he’s partly been signed solely on his homegrown status. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You would think they would tighten the rules on how many clubs a company can own, did Leipzig not play Salzburg recently in Europe 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️
Imagine the seethe if they took over St Midden for example and they started challenging the uglies. 

Salzburg and Leipzig had to decide which team played under the Red Bull banner and the other player as “RB” in the champions league. 

If the City group or Newcastle for that matter came knocking at our door it’d be interesting to see what happened. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Salzburg and Leipzig had to decide which team played under the Red Bull banner and the other player as “RB” in the champions league. 

If the City group or Newcastle for that matter came knocking at our door it’d be interesting to see what happened. 

I didn’t know that 👍🏽

I didn’t want to open that can of worms tbh, Newcastle may well go down the same route. 

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Thanks for that info.   I'd have though that paying compensation to a club for a very promising  16 year-old would make some financial sense though - much cheaper than trying to buy him when he's a few years older.   Assuming he fulfils his early promise, obviously.     Hickey is an example that worked out for us.    

Here's the current compensation amounts.

compo.jpg.055b64571eb9fe1407685f358c7d894b.jpg

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t know that 👍🏽

I didn’t want to open that can of worms tbh, Newcastle may well go down the same route. 

Yeah it’s something to do with the parental ownership group of the club(s). You can’t have two under the same or something without getting too technical. 

Newcastle’s may be a bit more complex because of the human rights stuff but that’s a discussion for another day.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah it’s something to do with the parental ownership group of the club(s). You can’t have two under the same or something without getting too technical. 

Newcastle’s may be a bit more complex because of the human rights stuff but that’s a discussion for another day.

Had a quick look and most of the teams they own won’t play each other but Palermo might in the future if they can progress. 

Imagine Newcastle wanted to add one of the uglies 😆

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Had a quick look and most of the teams they own won’t play each other but Palermo might in the future if they can progress. 

Imagine Newcastle wanted to add one of the uglies 😆

Being a Newcastle fan I’d love it if they came knocking on our door 

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He will be suspended a bit too, can’t tackle without fouling and his passing stats aren’t great either. As you say it looks like he’s partly been signed solely on his homegrown status. 

His passing stats are a bit of a misnomer, unlike most dm’s that take the safe pass option he attempts a very high number of long passes, with better than average accuracy 70+%

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Being a Newcastle fan I’d love it if they came knocking on our door 

I don’t think I would tbh. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

His passing stats are a bit of a misnomer, unlike most dm’s that take the safe pass option he attempts a very high number of long passes, with better than average accuracy 70+%

I’ve not really seen him that much but the only time you notice him is when he’s making a bad foul, I’m sure Pep will make him a better player though. 
If they’re selling Sterling to Chelsea’s then they will need another homegrown player also. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think I would tbh. 

All down to personal opinion, but if they gave us even 5% of their wealth we’d be richer than the old firm combined. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

All down to personal opinion, but if they gave us even 5% of their wealth we’d be richer than the old firm combined. 

That’s the dilemma I suppose, I don’t blame the Geordies considering what they’ve went through and now seeing the upgrade in quality of signings. 
Im just not convinced as a support we would go for it, but show me any millionaire/billionaire and every one of them has screwed someone over to get there. 

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s the dilemma I suppose, I don’t blame the Geordies considering what they’ve went through and now seeing the upgrade in quality of signings. 
Im just not convinced as a support we would go for it, but show me any millionaire/billionaire and every one of them has screwed someone over to get there. 

We went through the ringer under Ashley there’s no 2 ways about it. 

Every geordie isn’t daft enough to ignore the sportwashing that comes with the PIF ownership but if a group of fans deserve some success it’s the Newcastle ones. 

Lone Striker
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Saudi dirty money ? No thanks. They'd need to convince 90% of FoH members to agree to sell our shares to them first anyway, which is very unlikely to ever happen.   

All down to personal opinion as you say, but our club is growing steadily in every aspect right now without it.        

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Every geordie isn’t daft enough to ignore the sportwashing that comes with the PIF ownership but if a group of fans deserve some success it’s the Newcastle ones. 

Agreed. 

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fair comment.   Why didn't wealthy ex-Newcastle players (or wealthy players who supported them) get together to intervene years ago with some kind of consortium ?  Shearer, Thompson, Bruce, Gaza, Beardsley etc between them must be worth a few bob and have decent connections in the football world.  Sting might well have chucked in a few million in loose change too.

Tasavallan

Having worked in the Middle East for many years, I came to hate the Saudi regime and even more so after the state murder of Khashoggi. 

However, I am a hypocrite as I welcomed the take-over at Newcastle if only to see the departure of Ashley.

Edited by Tasavallan

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Saudi dirty money ? No thanks. They'd need to convince 90% of FoH members to agree to sell our shares to them first anyway, which is very unlikely to ever happen.   

All down to personal opinion as you say, but our club is growing steadily in every aspect right now without it.        

All fair, but I'd hate for us to pass up the opportunity then watch as they buy a hibs or Utd then watch them buy players for millions and compete with the OF. 

In modern football, the only way to compete at the top now is to have money invested in you. 

Organic growth is so rare and to maintain any success it brings even more so. 

There may be a time when we have the opportunity and it will be an interesting debate. 

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm not sure that's accurate, since RB Leipzig aren't called Red Bull Leipzig. They're called RassenBall Sport Leipzig. The DfB wouldn't allow them to use the name Red Bull. 

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm not sure that's accurate, since RB Leipzig aren't called Red Bull Leipzig. They're called RassenBall Sport Leipzig. The DfB wouldn't allow them to use the name Red Bull. 

Theyre part of the red bull group though. Same ownership. 

I’m talking about in the champions league them or Salzburg had to adopt the Name RB

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Fair comment.   Why didn't wealthy ex-Newcastle players (or wealthy players who supported them) get together to intervene years ago with some kind of consortium ?  Shearer, Thompson, Bruce, Gaza, Beardsley etc between them must be worth a few bob and have decent connections in the football world.  Sting might well have chucked in a few million in loose change too.

Don't forget Ant & Dec !

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, geomac said:

Don't forget Ant & Dec !

How can you, the irritating gits are on the telly every 2 minutes.

31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Theyre part of the red bull group though. Same ownership. 

I’m talking about in the champions league them or Salzburg had to adopt the Name RB

RB Leipzig are always officially referred to as RB Leipzig, never Red Bull. There would have been no decision on which one picked the Red Bull and which one had to have RB. Red Bull Salzburg are Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig are RB Leipzig. 

Edited by Norm

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So they've advanced from buying players to buying clubs.  What's next?  Maybe they should look at buying countries.

Not that far fetched.  Trumpy tried to buy  Greenland.

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Norm said:

RB Leipzig are always officially referred to as RB Leipzig, never Red Bull. There would have been no decision on which one picked the Red Bull and which one had to have RB. Red Bull Salzburg are Red Bull Salzburg, RB Leipzig are RB Leipzig. 

RasenBallsport Leipzig.

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

RasenBallsport Leipzig.

Covered in my previous post. I don't think I've ever actually seen them referred to as RasenBallsport though. Always as RB, for obvious reasons. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Covered in my previous post. I don't think I've ever actually seen them referred to as RasenBallsport though. Always as RB, for obvious reasons. 

Sound mate. 

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Rangers announce signing of Millwall wonderkid Zak Lovelace

:lol: 

I assume his granny was called Linda.

stevie1874
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Duncan Ferguson leaves Everton. 

Interesting to see where he ends up? Can’t see a premiership team taking a chance on him, will probably have to earn his stripes at lower league management first. 

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Interesting to see where he ends up? Can’t see a premiership team taking a chance on him, will probably have to earn his stripes at lower league management first. 

Derby swap for Rooney maybe?

stevie1874
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Derby swap for Rooney maybe?

Rooney will probably be looking at top job somewhere also. 

Салатные палочки

Jamie Murphy to St Johnstone. 

Pasquale for King

Aribo off to Southampton, more money to the uglies from them, hope they get relegated. 

RustyRightPeg
9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

The worlds slowest winger somehow finds a new home. 

Uncle Buck
10 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

So that’s Andy Considine, Drey Wright and now Jamie Murphy, after losing Zander Clark, Shaun Rooney and Jamie McCart?

They’ve got no chance this season.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

So that’s Andy Considine, Drey Wright and now Jamie Murphy, after losing Zander Clark, Shaun Rooney and Jamie McCart?

They’ve got no chance this season.

Considine is better than McCart,  The two hibs players are utter pap though.