***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

kingantti1874

Aberdeen are putting them on long highly paid contracts. Something we absolutely need to start doing to protect our assets.

i suspect if beni hadn’t got injured we’d have struggled to keep him this summer. We should however take the opportunity to extend his contract and the contracts of other saleable assets.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

15 penalties as part of his 37 career goals. Very few assists as well.

Find it hard to understand how a team so utterly pish as Aberdeen can attract millions for Ramsey and Ferguson, neither of whom really stand out.

I think for his age, Ramsey was very very impressive when I saw him tbf.  I think I read something all modern too saying his numbers and lots of analysis show him up very well too (something about him playing that position a bit differently which is eye catching to scouts - I duno!)

Totally agree on Ferguson.  I've never hugely got it with him.  Decent player, don't get me wrong, but he's nowhere near as good as the likes of Turnbul or thinking back to Armstrong at that age, C McGregor, guys like that.  He's perhaps more of a Ryan Jack and I could see him at Rangers (cos he's a total welt of a boy - in fact that's the only time I ever notice him, when he's trying to be Scott Brown, play acting and nipping at people off the ball etc).

You say Beni is better.  Agreed.  I say Cam Dev is also better.  Wouldn't swap either of our boys for him.

Fair play to Aberdeen though.  Scottish teams need to be more bullish and start getting closer to English market value for our players.  Guys who are totally pish go for silly dosh down there.  May I present Ollie McBurnie.

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen are putting them on long highly paid contracts. Something we absolutely need to start doing to protect our assets.

i suspect if beni hadn’t got injured we’d have struggled to keep him this summer. We should however take the opportunity to extend his contract and the contracts of other saleable assets.  

Yup.  Hard to say as we don't know our budget and how it works etc of course.  But in theory i'd like us to work a year ahead of when we seem to classically on contracts.  I think our current hierarchy will be on that tbf

Spurs putting together a really decent side. Richarlison an excellent player who can cover for Kane but also contribute as one of the 2 behind. Probably the ideal situation for them as they’d never get a striker of that quality willing to sit around and cover for Kane here and there. Lenglet a good signing too.

Wonder where it’ll go wrong.

11 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Spurs putting together a really decent side. Richarlison an excellent player who can cover for Kane but also contribute as one of the 2 behind. Probably the ideal situation for them as they’d never get a striker of that quality willing to sit around and cover for Kane here and there. Lenglet a good signing too.

Eric Dier

19 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Could be quite interesting this year Spurs and Arsenal getting well back.Liverpool pretty much the same but Man City just keep getting stronger.Chelsea need a couple of quality centrebacks but Man Utd still look well short of doing anything.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Could be quite interesting this year Spurs and Arsenal getting well back.Liverpool pretty much the same but Man City just keep getting stronger.Chelsea need a couple of quality centrebacks but Man Utd still look well short of doing anything.

man city getting haaland and alvarez and if they can keep their CHs fit i can see them running away with most if not everything they enter

Just now, milky_26 said:

man city getting haaland and alvarez and if they can keep their CHs fit i can see them running away with most if not everything they enter

Everyone talking about Haaland but that Alvarez looks absolutely brilliant and a total steal for what they paid for him.

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, RDSK said:

On an Everton note, selling Richarlison could be a big help financially for them. They have to sell by end of today to help with their profit and loss over the last 4 years (as the Premier league will bring in restrictions if they are outwith Premier league financial rules levels. (infact today could be a mini transfer deadline day for some clubs around Europe as clubs need to sell to avoid their own league financial rules which effects spending next season, Spain has the toughest.) 

https://theathletic.com/3387773/2022/06/29/neymar-everton-june-30/

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

On an Everton note, selling Richarlison could be a big help financially for them. They have to sell by end of today to help with their profit and loss over the last 4 years (as the Premier league will bring in restrictions if they are outwith Premier league financial rules levels. (infact today could be a mini transfer deadline day for some clubs around Europe as clubs need to sell to avoid their own league financial rules which effects spending next season, Spain has the toughest.) 

https://theathletic.com/3387773/2022/06/29/neymar-everton-june-30/

maybe we chose Spain for our training base for a reason 🙃

20 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They missed the boat on making serious dough on Morelos. Now he’s got a year left and they’ll probs get £7-10M max. 

They have been on the point of selling Morelos for megabucks for at least two years, according to the media. It seems nobody was interested in paying megabucks for his services.

1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

They have been on the point of selling Morelos for megabucks for at least two years, according to the media. It seems nobody was interested in paying megabucks for his services.

Did they not knock back about £15m two season ago as they were holding out for £20+ million

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

If he had a better attitude, didn't act so petulant and get red carded so much then someone would have taken him 2 years ago.

He's better now and has matured. Unfortunately he is now struggling with injury.

What a shame for Rangers...... :rofl:

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Eric Dier

Which is exactly why Conte is looking at centre half’s. Though Dier was actually decent last season but still prone to brainfart moments. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Which is exactly why Conte is looking at centre half’s. Though Dier was actually decent last season but still prone to brainfart moments. 

Interesting that they chose Lenglet... Horrendous defender but ok on the ball

Салатные палочки

Ollie Burke signs for Werder Bremen. WTF has this lad ever done that gets him these moves? 

31 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ollie Burke signs for Werder Bremen. WTF has this lad ever done that gets him these moves? 

He must have some agent and an unbelievably good highlights video on you tube!

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

To be fair to Burke, there is a talented player in him, but he needs the right club to get it out of him. He had it when he broke through at Forrest, Rogers got it out of him at Celtic (then Lennon decided to hang him out to dry.) He also played well in Spain. His problem has been getting signed by English clubs who quickly lose interest in him and sign others.

I hope he does well in Germany as he deserves a break of good form, and not a figure of fun and derision like he is viewed.

tartofmidlothian
50 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Did he not make an appearance in our transfer thread as someone we were interested in?

LarrysRightFoot
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair to Burke, there is a talented player in him, but he needs the right club to get it out of him. He had it when he broke through at Forrest, Rogers got it out of him at Celtic (then Lennon decided to hang him out to dry.) He also played well in Spain. His problem has been getting signed by English clubs who quickly lose interest in him and sign others.

I hope he does well in Germany as he deserves a break of good form, and not a figure of fun and derision like he is viewed.

I’m sure it’s been suggested that he can’t take on or carry out tactical instructions. Brenda just let him play/gave him freedom - I think that’s what he needs. To get that though you more often than not have to be a dominant team like Celtic. 

8 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nobody on planet earth is better at their job than this guys agent.

HamishMcGonagall
12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Mind when folk were making out he was going to be our (Scotland's) Gareth Bale 😂

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Mind when folk were making out he was going to be our (Scotland's) Gareth Bale 😂

In terms of intangibles you won’t find many better specimens than him. If he could piece it all together he’d be some player. 

Rodgers got glimpses of it out of him at Celtic. 

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

In terms of intangibles you won’t find many better specimens than him. If he could piece it all together he’d be some player. 

Rodgers got glimpses of it out of him at Celtic. 

Yup, he is a powerful forward. If used correctly he can be really useful. 

1 hour ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

TBF there was a period where he really looked the part but has proven to be of the headless chicken variety.

Nookie Bear
On 28/06/2022 at 19:50, jamboinglasgow said:

The replies from Doncaster fans on this tweet dont make good reading for Ross County fans.

"Trampoline touch" 😄

Sort of player that will have one amazing game in 10...and we all know who that will be against.

The Old Tolbooth

I fancy Spurs to trouble a lot of teams next season, Conti is no mug and he's putting together a right good team there, although it's going to be very tough to match the quality of City and Liverpool, but it should stand them in good stead in Europe. 

3 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I fancy Spurs to trouble a lot of teams next season, Conti is no mug and he's putting together a right good team there, although it's going to be very tough to match the quality of City and Liverpool, but it should stand them in good stead in Europe. 

Richarlison, Kane and Son is a good front line certainly.  Interesting to see how they play when all together.  Son going in behind seemed to be plan A, B and C last season, with Kane finding him.  How does Richarlison fit in?  Or do they play 2 of the 3?  Son and Rich off Kane?

I don't actually give a shit, now that I've typed that.  Effed if I'm deleting it now though

2 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Mostly based on that Euro u20 tournament - he had some fantastic skills and he was Balesque when on a mazy athletic run.  But my gawd his heid is away with the fairies - the number of clubs that have taken a chance of him is bewildering.

The Old Tolbooth
11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Richarlison, Kane and Son is a good front line certainly.  Interesting to see how they play when all together.  Son going in behind seemed to be plan A, B and C last season, with Kane finding him.  How does Richarlison fit in?  Or do they play 2 of the 3?  Son and Rich off Kane?

I don't actually give a shit, now that I've typed that.  Effed if I'm deleting it now though

:lol: 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It will be interesting to see how Spurs do it, but there seems to be some interesting front 2/3/4 of the top Premier league next season. Liverpool now have Diaz-Nunez-Salah. Man City with Haaland, De Bruyne, Grealish and Alvarez. Arsenal will have Jesus, Saka, Martinelli with Odegaard or Smith-Rowe behind. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Leeds Jamie Shackleton, the fittest man in the fittest team (statistically) heading to Reading on loan, bit of a utility man, would have been very useful up here I think. Bit too similar to Cammy, and maybe expensive for us or any other Scottish club to get interested

Nookie Bear
38 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

:lol:

Bazzas right boot
On 30/06/2022 at 09:22, Nookie Bear said:

15 penalties as part of his 37 career goals. Very few assists as well.

Find it hard to understand how a team so utterly pish as Aberdeen can attract millions for Ramsey and Ferguson, neither of whom really stand out.

Tbf, I think Ramsey stood out. 

I suggested we go for him..... 

Ferguson not so much, but he's decent. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Tbf, I think Ramsey stood out. 

I suggested we go for him..... 

Ferguson not so much, but he's decent. 

Both are probably upgrades on what we have - particularly Ramsey - but not sure about the £10m.

Mind you, in the English market that's about average...for average.

23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Both are probably upgrades on what we have - particularly Ramsey - but not sure about the £10m.

Cant say i agree with this,

I do not get the hype around Ramsey at all.

RustyRightPeg
12 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Cant say i agree with this,

I do not get the hype around Ramsey at all.

Ramsey is a cracking young player. 

Whether he hits the heights of Liverpool's first team we’ll see about that but who are you to judge Liverpool's scouting team when you look at what they’ve bought in the last 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Leeds Jamie Shackleton, the fittest man in the fittest team (statistically) heading to Reading on loan, bit of a utility man, would have been very useful up here I think. Bit too similar to Cammy, and maybe expensive for us or any other Scottish club to get interested

Leeds putting a few players on loan that were first choice subs last season. New manager more open to signing better players. 

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ramsey is a cracking young player. 

Whether he hits the heights of Liverpool's first team we’ll see about that but who are you to judge Liverpool's scouting team when you look at what they’ve bought in the last 5 years. 

well thats a valid point, i am just rather baffled by the move. Fair play to the kid though. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Leeds putting a few players on loan that were first choice subs last season. New manager more open to signing better players. 

Phillips is signing for Man City so between him and Raphinha they’re taking in £100M so I’d imagine he has a war chest at his disposal. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Agreed. 

Shows the type of numbers that can be achieved if players sign long contracts and extensions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The previous one believed he could coach anyone to play the way he wanted. And to a point he did, until their bodies eventually broke 40 months into the venture. As a result they have accumulated some cash, plus 2 significant sales, that will badly need replaced. As you say, some of these lads who benefitted with squad places will now either be sold or loaned

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

well thats a valid point, i am just rather baffled by the move. Fair play to the kid though. 

I guess its all done via science these days. He has got numbers that clearly to Liverpool among quite a few who wanted him, that show huge potential. Surprised by the numbers myself, however you would imagine, the research that a club like Liverpool would do, means that it is justified risk

Naisys Tackle
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Both are definite upgrades.  We are good at downplaying players until they come here tbh. 

Ramsay will either develop into a top class player worth 3,4 x more than paid or they will sell to a Leeds for the same they paid.  £2m for Ferguson is a bargain when you see how much Ryan Jacks' improved since joining a bigger side. 

55 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I guess its all done via science these days. He has got numbers that clearly to Liverpool among quite a few who wanted him, that show huge potential. Surprised by the numbers myself, however you would imagine, the research that a club like Liverpool would do, means that it is justified risk

Aside from the numbers, the notion that he "didn't stand out" is just nonsense. His comfort on the ball and technique were obvious to anyone paying attention and Liverpool are signing potential, not the finished article.

Lewis Ferguson, however. There's a player I don't really "get". Having said that, I think I read that he was by far the most fouled player in the league last season, so maybe that speaks to something.

6 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Aside from the numbers, the notion that he "didn't stand out" is just nonsense. His comfort on the ball and technique were obvious to anyone paying attention and Liverpool are signing potential, not the finished article.

Lewis Ferguson, however. There's a player I don't really "get". Having said that, I think I read that he was by far the most fouled player in the league last season, so maybe that speaks to something.

Speaks to the fact that Ferguson is world class at falling over, perhaps?!

Tasavallan

I do not see why the interest in Lewis Ferguson.  For a period my son was coached alongside him and Aaron Pressley. I thought that interest in him in Scotland was due to who he was rather than ability.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He gets booked a lot too, suggesting he is constantly involved, otherwise totally agree