***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Absolute Scenes
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m coming across as animated? I’m coming back at someone having a go at me 😂

I just replied in the transfer chat, I didn’t see what other posts had occurred only the very bottom one .

so that’s fair enough 😅

I just don’t get the hype on Levitt or understand why people are gutted we’ve missed out on him. He’s very forgettable 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Reality is if he was currently verygood he wouldn't be heading anywhere near Tannadice for a second season. 

He could well get there one day but yeah teams like Man U, Liverpool don't loan out the new Ronaldos to Dun Utd. 

I agree.  Dundee Utd are mid table / bottom 6 club.  What’s their average home fan attendances? 4000 ?

Vlad Magic

Wasn’t sure where to post this but guess this thread?

Anyone seen the size of Morelos?

I know he’s been injured but it looks like he’s swallowed a VW.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
16 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

thats really insightful thanks. 

Mitchell was a hit in his first spell. 

Also none of them were scouted or decided on by our current recruitment team. 

Bar the first few games, Mitchell was utter shite.

7 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I hate the whole "he's too small" dinosaur mentality in football, but he really was too small. Every time I saw him he looked like a lost child. I'm sure he's got ability but the Messi comparisons were ridiculous.

16 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I just replied in the transfer chat, I didn’t see what other posts had occurred only the very bottom one .

so that’s fair enough 😅

I just don’t get the hype on Levitt or understand why people are gutted we’ve missed out on him. He’s very forgettable 

I'd have been happy to sign him but I'm also not overly worried we've missed out on him & I don't think he'd make a massive difference in quality to what we've got

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

I'd have been happy to sign him but I'm also not overly worried we've missed out on him & I don't think he'd make a massive difference in quality to what we've got

Correct 👍

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Levitt is a good player, Ronan and Levitt is the two i like. 

We have the holders in Beni, Haring, Devlin can do that role too. 

Ronan, Levitt, Simms and a mystery player from a far away land with a funny name - and I'll be happy. 

Maybe a loan to cover Beni until Xmas as well. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree.  Dundee Utd are mid table / bottom 6 club.  What’s their average home fan attendances? 4000 ?

About 8k give or take, be the 6th highest in the country. 

Салатные палочки

Steven Fletcher heading to United. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Steven Fletcher heading to United. 

Has a hint of Charlie Mulgrew about it.  Could be a hit or finished.  If even half the player he will be a good signing. 

Naisys Tackle

It's a quite magnificent coup for United and it also justifies Tony Ashgar's patience in the market, when the panic button can be easy to hit. Levitt is an excellent footballer and at 22 years old, United have landed a player at an ideal time in his development.

Moreover, the muted fee in the region of £300,000 is an absolute steal for a player of Levitt's ability, and undoubted potential. It's a considerable outlay for United - within their top ten most expensive signings - but it's a shrewd investment as Levitt will likely be sold for a considerable profit in the next few seasons.

The talented midfielder progressed through a prestigious academy at Manchester United and he's already a full Welsh international, destined to go to the World Cup in Qatar.

Every transfer has an element of risk - especially when paying such a big fee - but Levitt's addition is a sensible move. Not only does it improve Ross' side on the park but it will most likely net a financial boost on United's balance sheets in the future - speculate to accumulate.

It also represents a different strategy from a club that's developed a reputation for bringing young players through their academy before moving them on for a profit. The conveyor belt bringing United's youth into the first-team continues to accelerate - Courts utilised 15 players from the academy last season.

But Levitt's arrival represents a 'player trading model' that's implemented, to varying degrees of success, amongst the biggest clubs in Scotland. United should also be applauded for displaying ambition and it's refreshing that Scottish clubs are showing intent ahead of a fascinating new season, with five clubs embarking on a European adventure.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ronan, Levitt, Simms and a mystery player from a far away land with a funny name - and I'll be happy. 

Maybe a loan to cover Beni until Xmas as well. 

Well we're not getting Levitt and Simms looks highly unlikely so Ronan and mystery dude is the best we can hope for.

Lone Striker
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

They finished 4th, and have upgraded their manager, and now signed  a decent young player who they may well sell for a big profit in a few year time.      Seems a bit early to be writing them off as a serious competitor to us, no ?

33 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Moreover, the muted fee in the region of £300,000 is an absolute steal 

how can a fee be muted? 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Because it's in the region? 

in the region of what? how does that make it muted?

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Gav M said:

in the region of what? how does that make it muted?

The transfer fee won't be disclosed is what makes it muted.  Could be guesswork by the tabloids of course.  

1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

The transfer fee won't be disclosed is what makes it muted.  Could be guesswork by the tabloids of course.  

I think the word they are looking for is mooted not muted, muted would suggest that it's been gagged

10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

5.5k st this season I believe 

Amazing that Levitt has become some kind of Messi figure. He was decent and had a couple of showreel moments whilst we were busy pumping them.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Amazing that Levitt has become some kind of Messi figure. He was decent and had a couple of showreel moments whilst we were busy pumping them.

Same could have been said when we brought in Woodburn.  Difference is Levitt was the fans player of the year.   Levitt was piss poor at Charlton mind you. 

Naisys Tackle

Rangers sign the boy that helped empty them out Champions League last season, Antonio Colak. 

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Same could have been said when we brought in Woodburn.  Difference is Levitt was the fans player of the year.   Levitt was piss poor at Charlton mind you. 

He was have been a decent signing I think but not one we should worry about imo. Not suggesting you are, but there are some getting a bit over excited about him.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, db211833 said:

He was have been a decent signing I think but not one we should worry about imo. Not suggesting you are, but there are some getting a bit over excited about him.

Will just have to watch and see, like everything, how things pan out.  He would have been a good signing imo but the decision is out our hands now. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

They finished 4th, and have upgraded their manager, and now signed  a decent young player who they may well sell for a big profit in a few year time.      Seems a bit early to be writing them off as a serious competitor to us, no ?

I don’t see them as a serious competitor to be honest. they had him last season so he doesn’t make them any stronger. And I’d hardly call Jack Ross an upgrade 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by 1971fozzy

RustyRightPeg

Rangers confirm Colak for £1.8M. 

28 year old striker. Interesting signing. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rangers confirm Colak for £1.8M. 

28 year old striker. Interesting signing. 

Not really PAOK said he wasn't upto it 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, rory78 said:

Not really PAOK said he wasn't upto it 

Exactly that’s what makes it interesting 

12 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly that’s what makes it interesting 

Be interesting to see if Morelos leaves and any others as whatever they recoup won't be splashed as much if reports are true

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fletcher looks a bigger jakeball than McGeady

1657214029IMG-9948.JPG

Good signing tbf. Wonder if he was a Jack Ross signing but. 

Even better, it will piss off Hibs fans who probably thought he was on his way back to them. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Even better, it will piss off Hibs fans who probably thought he was on his way back to them. 

If he is fit, probably.  Been scunnered by similar type signings to be over bothered.   Ross is a long ball merchant, it will be right up his street. 

He would have drastically improved the hibs forward line though that consists of that wee lassie from Norway and some unknown boy who's French. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Yeh he’s have improved our squad 

at this rate with are starting the season with Boyce and Henderson as our only 2 strikers 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

at this rate with are starting the season with Boyce and Henderson as our only 2 strikers 

The season is miles away man. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

The season is miles away man. 

4 weeks 

need time to let them settle in and get to play with our other players 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

4 weeks 

Miles away.   Come back in two weeks to be worried.    We haven't got the League cup full of diddies this season. 

Mr Elwood P
36 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can smell your pishy pants from here ...

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Levitt a very decent signing for United, 2 years though, doubt the sale will be quite what is anticipated, likely move on for nothing 

3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It's a quite magnificent coup for United and it also justifies Tony Ashgar's patience in the market, when the panic button can be easy to hit. Levitt is an excellent footballer and at 22 years old, United have landed a player at an ideal time in his development.

Moreover, the muted fee in the region of £300,000 is an absolute steal for a player of Levitt's ability, and undoubted potential. It's a considerable outlay for United - within their top ten most expensive signings - but it's a shrewd investment as Levitt will likely be sold for a considerable profit in the next few seasons.

The talented midfielder progressed through a prestigious academy at Manchester United and he's already a full Welsh international, destined to go to the World Cup in Qatar.

Every transfer has an element of risk - especially when paying such a big fee - but Levitt's addition is a sensible move. Not only does it improve Ross' side on the park but it will most likely net a financial boost on United's balance sheets in the future - speculate to accumulate.

It also represents a different strategy from a club that's developed a reputation for bringing young players through their academy before moving them on for a profit. The conveyor belt bringing United's youth into the first-team continues to accelerate - Courts utilised 15 players from the academy last season.

But Levitt's arrival represents a 'player trading model' that's implemented, to varying degrees of success, amongst the biggest clubs in Scotland. United should also be applauded for displaying ambition and it's refreshing that Scottish clubs are showing intent ahead of a fascinating new season, with five clubs embarking on a European adventure.

Where’s that from? The muted fee? Same guy as chapping at the bit?

surely that’s not a real journalist that’s written that?

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Think it's more of an Aberdeen fan's take on it. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, CMc said:

Fancy being so desperate to appear knowledgeable that you would post what amounts to a fan article about another Scottish team signing a guy who may or may not succeed.

Sometimes have to remind myself that this is a Hearts forum.

Jambo 4 Ever
45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

45 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How nice for you