***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Wiped out their two best players as well.

And that along with the stadium fund is a massive factor 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

need to get valuable players onto longer contracts.  It can be hit and miss but the rewards can be huge

I agree but we’d all be gutted if we sold Kingsley and argue that he was critical to this season for us.

It feels like Hibs and Aberdeen offer long contracts to sell. It feels like we have secured long contracts to build a team.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

We don't need to put our players on longer contracts we just need to maintain contract length instead of allowing them to run down to the final year or 6 months.

Soon as a player under 24 gets into his final year he should immediately be given a fresh offer of a 2-3yr deal. 

15 minutes ago, Bauld said:

We don't need to put our players on longer contracts we just need to maintain contract length instead of allowing them to run down to the final year or 6 months.

Soon as a player under 24 gets into his final year he should immediately be given a fresh offer of a 2-3yr deal. 

That's all fine and well but getting the player to sign it can be a problem eg Souttar.

A lot of players like to keep their options open

22 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I would say that if we sign a player on a 3 year deal and they do well in their first year, we should immediately be looking to extend their deal. Beni & Devlin both now only have 2 years left, I'd much rather secure them for another 2 years and protect our investment whilst we're in a strong negotiating position. The shambles we've had time and time again (Paterson, Walker, Nicholson, Djoum, Souttar and even Haring although he stayed), of leaving a new deal to the last minute and then having the player play hard ball whilst clearly entertaining and listening to other offers is stressful and means we're never capitalising on our key assets. 

12 months running down your contract is a lot easier than 24 months. No sensible player is going to risk being shut out or take a reduced role because they won't sign a new deal. Where as at 12 months, they'll chance it knowing we can't replace them. If you're a 23 year old player, you cannot afford 2 years potentially of sitting on the bench or having your role reduced (thereby limiting your exposure to scouts from down south etc).

Of course, the extensions would come with increases in wage, but I think thats worth it so we're not losing our best players for buttons because they've caught us short again. 

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Letting it get to the final year is far too late, their transfer value is diminished, other teams know they can get them on a pre contract In 6 months time and likely offer higher wages 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's Aberdeen wiped out our financial advantage with those two sales. We really need to get the academy producing more sellable assets...

The financial advantage of having your own stadium modernised completely (think we may have £1 million or so to spend) eclipses any transfer fee advantage. 

Dembele staying at Barcelona (though like everything now at Barca there is still some process to approve the spending on his new 2 year contract).

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The financial advantage of having your own stadium modernised completely (think we may have £1 million or so to spend) eclipses any transfer fee advantage. 

I'm not sure the 3 1990's stands are modernised completely anymore mate. Main Stand is class though.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Stop focussing on positives. You need to be negative at all times on here or else people will complain.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Westfield Hearts said:

Bit strong, what is he meant to say!

Perfectly reasonable I reckon. 😎

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Doig away to Italy for £3m

He might surprise, but **** knows what teams see in him. 

Great deal for hibs, I mean Ron. 

Bang average player. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's Aberdeen wiped out our financial advantage with those two sales. We really need to get the academy producing more sellable assets...

They are building from a lower base than us, have lost 2 of their best players and are trying to fund a stadium. 

They also have less season ticket holders, smaller crowds and no FoH money. 

Spellczech
3 hours ago, Bauld said:

Aberdeen have a huge catchment area with little competition... of course there is a flipside in that they get no derbies at all.

Edited by Spellczech

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He might surprise, but **** knows what teams see in him. 

Great deal for hibs, I mean Ron. 

Bang average player. 

don’t understand the hype either. He didn’t even play that much for them. Bizarre, but great deal for Ron

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They are building from a lower base than us, have lost 2 of their best players and are trying to fund a stadium. 

They also have less season ticket holders, smaller crowds and no FoH money. 

Agree on all points but Celtic last season showed how quickly things can turn around!

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agree on all points but Celtic last season showed how quickly things can turn around!

Yip. Agreed. 

We also showed how quickly things can turn. 

We've done that a few times... 

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Their two best players too - they were crap to begin with too.

IveSeenTheLight
8 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Ramadani already in place to replace Ferguson.

Connor Barron is a baller as well.

loveofthegame
9 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Ramadani already in place to replace Ferguson.

Connor Barron is a baller as well.

With a bit of luck might help you improve on 10th then.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, loveofthegame said:

With a bit of luck might help you improve on 10th then.

Yep, we were pish last year. We all start on 0 points though.

Most of Glass’s players have been changed out, so hopefully see an improvement.

loveofthegame
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

In all seriousness, and not that it would be hard, but I imagine you and Hibs will improve a lot on your shambolic seasons last year and be the main threat to us finishing 3rd again (albeit Dundee Utd could be dark horses on that front).

Interesting 6/7 weeks ahead for the lot of us before the window shuts. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

One serious question I have is, what gives you confidence that your recruitment has improved? As far as I can see it was not Glass doing the recruitment last season so have there been large changes to recruitment processes and personnel? 

We brought in widespread changes last summer to improve recruitment and it has worked. Cormack in all his updates seems strikes me as an owner who tells fans what they want to hear, not so much reality.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

In all seriousness, and not that it would be hard, but I imagine you and Hibs will improve a lot on your shambolic seasons last year and be the main threat to us finishing 3rd again (albeit Dundee Utd could be dark horses on that front).

Interesting 6/7 weeks ahead for the lot of us before the window shuts. 

Aye, it’s still early doors and still a couple to bring in I’d say.

when is your first game?

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

One serious question I have is, what gives you confidence that your recruitment has improved? As far as I can see it was not Glass doing the recruitment last season so have there been large changes to recruitment processes and personnel? 

We brought in widespread changes last summer to improve recruitment and it has worked. Cormack in all his updates seems strikes me as an owner who tells fans what they want to hear, not so much reality.

Time will tell if the recruitment has improved or not.

Certainly, we’ve taken a massively different approach than last year (prob due to the new recruitment team)

Stewart and Scales seems an improvement on Bates and Gallagher

Richardson better than Ojo at fullback.

An Albanian internationalist (Ramadani) into midfield replacing Ferguson

A Macedonian International (Miovski) up front.

Connor Barron just seems to improve each game and I’m anticipating Duncan to push through this season.

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Just reading a tweet from a Rangers fan. Souttar is injured seemingly.

Yeah he is out of tonight’s game v Sunderland

Working on his fitness was the commentators view

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Just reading a tweet from a Rangers fan. Souttar is injured seemingly.

So he's not even kicked a ball in anger for them yet and he's injured? 

I said months ago, even though he's signed a 4 year deal, I don't expect him to make more than 50 appearances for them. Reckon this season/next season they'll realise his constant breaking down is more disruptive than the quality he brings to the table and he'll spend a year on loan before they agree an early termination and he drops down the leagues in England. His body cannot cope with the demands of playing up to 50 times a season, it can barely manage 30. 

Leon King will push him down the pecking order. Also, reckon they'll be looking for a left sided CB. Souttar is right footed, Goldson ended up staying so IMO it puts him in a bit of a shit situation if playing for the national team is important to him. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Yeah he is out of tonight’s game v Sunderland

Working on his fitness was the commentators view

They are losing also. 

Naisys Tackle

Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo has completed his move to Southampton

The Nigerian international has signed a four-year deal with the English Premier League club after calling time on his three-year spell at Ibrox.

Rangers insist they have received a “significant” transfer fee for the 25-year-old, reported to be in the region of £6million, potentially rising to £10million with future add-ons.

Psychedelicropcircle
23 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I’ll be surprised if your manager sees out the season. 

If Doig and Ferguson are worth £3m it will ultimately benefit us when we realise some of our assets. 

Devlin, Rowles, Atkinson, Neilson, and Pollock to name a few will probably be sold in the next few years . Based on the 2 valuations above we will be looking for at least double these amounts for all of the above.

We could probably cash in on a few of the more experienced squad if we so desired. Kingsley is a class above anything Aberdeen or Hibs have. How much for him? Or Beni or Halkett?

Savage is no mug and we will not lose out on players in future. 

Games aren't won by having money in the bank though. It comes down to clever reinvestment. The Sheep and the Shite will have to spend money wisely. Not easy when salaries they can afford can't compete with league 1 tv subsidised minnows. 

League will be interesting but sadly the "rest" will probably cut each other's throats while the Glasgow Derby duo continue to thrive thanks to their bigoted cash and favourable refereeing advantage.

5 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Doig away to Italy for £3m

Another Levein master-stroke giving him away, without a sell-on clause.  Erse.

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

If Doig and Ferguson are worth £3m it will ultimately benefit us when we realise some of our assets. 

Devlin, Rowles, Atkinson, Neilson, and Pollock to name a few will probably be sold in the next few years . Based on the 2 valuations above we will be looking for at least double these amounts for all of the above.

I quite liked the look of Devlin last season, but honestly, what has he done compared to Ferguson?

29 games, 1 goal, 2 assists.

Also 2 years older than Fergie

He’ll have to go some to get a better offer in the coming season

jamboy1982
7 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Another Levein master-stroke giving him away, without a sell-on clause.  Erse.

I would imagine we are entitled to some of the transfer fee for developing him as a youngster. Not a massive amount mind you. To be honest I think hibs have sold them a right did. Never impressed me once. By all accounts he was decent when he first came in but last year he was getting dropped for Lewis Stevenson!! 

19/05/2012
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I quite liked the look of Devlin last season, but honestly, what has he done compared to Ferguson?

If Devlin dived more in the box and took penalties we could get some mug to pay £4 million for him

16 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He is not an attacking central midfielder. Defensively superb. Tackled every where. Would walk into the Sheep team. We really missed him when he got injured. The fact he's targeted by opposition fans tells it's own story. 

Will go for a huge sum if we actually need to sell him.

Edited by stuart500

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, stuart500 said:

He is not an attacking central midfielder. Defensively superb. Tackled every where. Would walk into the Sheep team. We really missed him when he got injured. The fact he's targeted by opposition fans tells it's own story. 

Will go for a huge sum of we actually need to sell him.

He looked good to be sure, but I prefer Barron to be honest

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, OTT said:

So he's not even kicked a ball in anger for them yet and he's injured? 

I said months ago, even though he's signed a 4 year deal, I don't expect him to make more than 50 appearances for them. Reckon this season/next season they'll realise his constant breaking down is more disruptive than the quality he brings to the table and he'll spend a year on loan before they agree an early termination and he drops down the leagues in England. His body cannot cope with the demands of playing up to 50 times a season, it can barely manage 30. 

Leon King will push him down the pecking order. Also, reckon they'll be looking for a left sided CB. Souttar is right footed, Goldson ended up staying so IMO it puts him in a bit of a shit situation if playing for the national team is important to him. 

Spot on 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Floodlight failure at half time might save them

**** hope so I put my Hearts winnings on them. 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

**** hope so I put my Hearts winnings on them. 

😵

They have hardly been in the game

Looks like they are struggling to get the game back on. Taking too long 🤞

1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Do you think you will still be on here pst Xmas ?

Or will it be another disappearing act. 😆😆😆

10 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Fair enough. That's your opinion but my point was Hearts have a player in Devlin (and others)  who will be worth a considerable transfer fee if we choose to sell. The precedent has been set and all clubs should be able to point to previous sales to get a realistic fee.

30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Hilarious