***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

11 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Bit of a hot head but he is actually a decent player imo, he always plays quite well against us in the derbys etc, him leaving weakens them, if he could screw the head then he could become a regular at international level but I very much doubt that he will, he will most probably end up with the same career path as Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths.

Not what I’ve observed, never thought he has played well against us at all, runs around like a headless chicken, prone to mistakes and normally at fault for a goal.

Has he ever played in a winning derby?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

24 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Not what I’ve observed, never thought he has played well against us at all, runs around like a headless chicken, prone to mistakes and normally at fault for a goal.

Has he ever played in a winning derby?

That's a fair point, off the top of my head I cant remember him ever winning a derby against us, I still feel like he is one of the better players in a very poor H1b5 team though, although that's not saying much.

Jack Ross to take over at Dundee United.    We can expect a afew McGinns getting signed there soon. 😂 

Half the Hibs side will be looking to switch sides.   

Tam Courts signed as manager of Honved.   Dramatic stuff.    

Despite his move falling through at Rijeka , he swiftly penned a two-year contract with Honved — where he links up with sporting director Chris Docherty, a former United colleague.

Indeed, Docherty succeeded Courts as United’s head of tactical performance last summer.

Planned I wonder. 

Edited by HMFC01

indianajones

The Ramsey to Liverpool signing makes sense. 

What doesn't make sense is how no one down South was interested in Hickey when he was at us. He looked miles better than Ramsey and is now worth £20 million. 

jamboinglasgow

I see Tierney is being linked to Man City today. If the moves happen then you could have Scottish left backs Tierney at Man City, Robertson at Liverpool and Hickey at Arsenal. And Scottish right backs Ramsay at Liverpool, Patterson at Everton and Ashby at West Ham. So thats an average of left backs of 24.3 and an average age of right backs of 19.3.

Pretty good for the future of Scottish full backs. Scotland just needs players in other positions.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The Ramsey to Liverpool signing makes sense. 

What doesn't make sense is how no one down South was interested in Hickey when he was at us. He looked miles better than Ramsey and is now worth £20 million. 

England missing out on Hickey seems to have woken them up re Scottish full backs

12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

That's a fair point, off the top of my head I cant remember him ever winning a derby against us, I still feel like he is one of the better players in a very poor H1b5 team though, although that's not saying much.

He must have. I distinctly remember him at least twice jumping about like a champ and doing a half lap of honour after derbies……..can’t have been just for a draw surely ??

StevenNaismith

Yan Dhanda signing for Ross County. That’s a strange move for the lad, will improve County massively. Would love him at Hearts.

12 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Yan Dhanda signing for Ross County. That’s a strange move for the lad, will improve County massively. Would love him at Hearts.

Wonder if MacGregor is paying for him out of his own pocket

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Their highest paid player now, he is a quality player but he needs to play,was rated above TAA a few years ago but didn't kick on.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Or out of Global Energy's pocket... 

Andrew Davies was on a massive packet at County few seasons back 

Edited by franko1874

8 minutes ago, franko1874 said:

Or out of Global Energy's pocket... 

Andrew Davies was on a massive packet at County few seasons back 

I remembered that they did that with another player , similar to when Inverness had Niculae

Reading through the replies from nffc fans he is good going forward  but awful at defending 

Edited by Weebroon98

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Jack Ross confirmed as the new Dundee United manager.

I actually think it’s a decent and sensible appointment for them, expect them to be in and around the top 6.

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

I actually think it’s a decent and sensible appointment for them, expect them to be in and around the top 6.

They'll be one of our main challengers for third now.

Good move for him, a sideways one.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

All he has to do is finish above hibs and the jokes will write themselves.

Bungalow Bill
23 hours ago, Sooks said:

Listened to an interview with MacGregor a few years ago, he pretty much said they pay a bit over the odds in wages in order to get players up to Ross County. Agree, probably subsidised by him. 

Just now, Apache Mal said:

Listened to an interview with MacGregor a few years ago, he pretty much said they pay a bit over the odds in wages in order to get players up to Ross County. Agree, probably subsidised by him. 

Just wait until Hibs catch on to their cheating ways the whining will cause a tsunami 

Former Hearts keeper Zdenek Zlamal in retirement u-turn as Czech makes comeback as a midfielder

Zlamal hung up his gloves last summer but has decided to make his return as an outfield player

But he's now decided to return to football with Olomouc outfit Kozusany as a goalscoring central midfielder.

He said: "A lot of people told me I made a mistake coming back to football, but I am glad I did.

"I'm able to combine this with the family business and I am really enjoying it. But I will stay in football because I love it.

"All my foreign adventures were great. I played in Italy, Spain Turkey and Scotland. I learned the languages, got to know their culture, food and made friends. I have a lot of acquaintances in several countries. This is what I appreciate about foreign engagements and what football has given me. 

"Scotland has the best memories for me because it was the last country I went to and also the most successful. I enjoyed it the most. Plus, it was my dream to play British football."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-hearts-keeper-zdenek-zlamal-27289083

Edited by Jambo RGT

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Jambo RGT said:

Former Hearts keeper Zdenek Zlamal in retirement u-turn as Czech makes comeback as a midfielder

Zlamal hung up his gloves last summer but has decided to make his return as an outfield player

But he's now decided to return to football with Olomouc outfit Kozusany as a goalscoring central midfielder.

He said: "A lot of people told me I made a mistake coming back to football, but I am glad I did.

"I'm able to combine this with the family business and I am really enjoying it. But I will stay in football because I love it.

"All my foreign adventures were great. I played in Italy, Spain Turkey and Scotland. I learned the languages, got to know their culture, food and made friends. I have a lot of acquaintances in several countries. This is what I appreciate about foreign engagements and what football has given me. 

"Scotland has the best memories for me because it was the last country I went to and also the most successful. I enjoyed it the most. Plus, it was my dream to play British football."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-hearts-keeper-zdenek-zlamal-27289083

It's a Town with 800 of a population basically having a kickbabout with his mates 

17 hours ago, Newton51 said:

never too late to announce someone then

in his interview he says “"Playing in front of big crowds is something all players aspire to."

so the question is  why the Fek is he at Aberdeen 🤣🤣🤣

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

in his interview he says “"Playing in front of big crowds is something all players aspire to."

so the question is  why the Fek is he at Aberdeen 🤣🤣🤣

He gets to come down here 2 or 3 times a year

17 hours ago, Weebroon98 said:

Reading through the replies from nffc fans he is good going forward  but awful at defending 

Like for like then..?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Celtic's development team get another player on loan

Regardless, decent signing, looked pretty useful in his limited time, not an alliance I would want, but seems to be a handy one for them. Be something more in it for Celtic, always is

22 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Jack Ross confirmed as the new Dundee United manager.

Wife not bothered now he's got a SPL gig.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sad it never worked out, but as I saw pointed out by a journalist, he is not the striker that fits with Tuchel's style and he was happy at Inter. It is still crazy that elite clubs still recruit players for crazy money without an actual plan of how they can get the most out of them.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

10% of the fee they inherited a year ago. Potentially the best/worst ever transfer in football history.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Sad it never worked out, but as I saw pointed out by a journalist, he is not the striker that fits with Tuchel's style and he was happy at Inter. It is still crazy that elite clubs still recruit players for crazy money without an actual plan of how they can get the most out of them.

Chelsea should be better run now even despite the success. Could be a dangerous opponent. Was quite a bit of cronyism behind the scenes. 

Tuchel says what goes and they could be a very good side. 

colinmorewasgash

Don't post anymore players we are interested in lol or Jack Dross will be trying to sign them I always thought he read this to see who we were going for when at hubs and try and get in first plus Mcginn and macgennis to  to head up to tayside would not surprise me.

ginger jambo98

Siegrist the ex Dundee Utd keeper signs a 4 year deal at darkhead. Should free up a keeper to go to Aberdeen 🙄

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Massive pay cut'

Only €8m. How's he expected to cope on that pittance.

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Massive pay cut'

Would somebody think about the car repayments. 🙈

RustyRightPeg

Arsenal are trying to move Nino Tavares on. He’s backup left back. 

Would pave way for Hickey (if interest is legitimate)

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Arsenal are trying to move Nino Tavares on. He’s backup left back. 

Would pave way for Hickey (if interest is legitimate)

tavares is awful

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Matt Macey is away too

luton

17 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Matt Macey is away too

Squad down to 33 then but they need about 18 still for the first team squad 🤣

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Paul McGinn to Motherwell.

i've just read on the bbc article about this and it says he got his years extension due to playing a certain amount of games last year. That makes two players they had to give extensions to or sign permanently due to number of games played. i however doubt it will be as easy for them to offload bushiri 

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***