***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

tartofmidlothian

Jean Louis Valois

Took him 30 seconds in his first interview with his new club mention he's a Celtic fan, Obviously knows how fond of their big brothers the hobos are. Getting the supporters on side straight away.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Naisys Tackle

• vegas-voss

• Bazzas right boot

I hope they're paying him so much ****ing money :D 

Tying up £4k a week or something on a crock looking to top up his retirement fund :) 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wonder if he still has the one move to feint left and cut in on his right foot?

Overrated shite. Perfect for the vermin.

Oh well at least he will bring back that persecution complex and victimhood that has been eroded a bit since Lennon left …………… it will give the bigots and the warrior poets a banner to flock to

If I was a normal Hibs fan watching that interview I would be cringing at the desperate attempts to paint Hibs as Celtics wee cousins

Lone Striker

A ONE YEAR contract just  oozes confidence on LJ's part that McGeady's still got it at the age of 36 - while McGeady's clearly happy just to grab whatever crumbs Hibs are willing to throw his way.

Contrast that with our 40 year-old captain having  just signed a 2-year contract, and might well get an extension if things go well for him.  :jambobanana:

1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

"I’ll be honest with you Ian is very, very good. I have maybe been surprised how good he is compared to the external perception. He works his nuts off, that's the first thing. He is really aligned with the style of player we need.” And while he is still fairly new to the role, “in 5-10 years, he could be one of the best in the business.

It is difficult for him because of who he is and I understand because I had that when I played for my dad."

LJ on the lochend marching powder by the looks of it

spat my coffee out. 🤣🤣 just when they get rid of one gibberish train crash (Maloney) look what comes along. Bizarrely someone who talks even more pish 🤣😱.  They must pay them in Heroin, spoons and lighters because that’s taking the pish surely.  Sucking the tit of the owners son who hasn’t got a fekin clue. Beautiful. Never change Hibs - just never change

53 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They are happy with this signing on delusion.net :rofl:

36 years old winger who has been injury prone for years. 

Aye had a bit of a golden spell three seasons ago but has been on the slippery slope since.

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If I was a normal Hibs fan watching that interview I would be cringing at the desperate attempts to paint Hibs as Celtics wee cousins

Desperate stuff, isn't it.    He was moaning last week about being booed at every away ground in Scotland last time - did that include  ER ?     

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Desperate stuff, isn't it.    He was moaning last week about being booed at every away ground in Scotland last time - did that include  ER ?     

He was booed for choosing Hibernia...

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Did I miss when McGeady had a stroke?

He's always been a stroker. 

He's a massive stroker. 

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Wonder if he still has the one move to feint left and cut in on his right foot?

Overrated shite. Perfect for the vermin.

I hope Kye Rowles is looking in this thread.  There would be no better way to endear yourself to your new fans than booting this wee ***** up in the air after 5 minutes of the second match. :yas:

33 minutes ago, OTT said:

I hope they're paying him so much ****ing money :D 

Tying up £4k a week or something on a crock looking to top up his retirement fund :) 

My thoughts exactly. Hubs will probably pay his relocation expenses so that’s him moved back up the road - totally ready to retire next year. Sound investment by him, hysterical by hubs 

Over on the dark side they are looking forward to him cheating to win penalties because they no longer have Boyle to do it for them

14 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

A ONE YEAR contract just  oozes confidence on LJ's part that McGeady's still got it at the age of 36 - while McGeady's clearly happy just to grab whatever crumbs Hibs are willing to throw his way.

Contrast that with our 40 year-old captain having  just signed a 2-year contract, and might well get an extension if things go well for him.  :jambobanana:

do you really think LJ had any say in that signing or length of contract

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I hope Kye Rowles is looking in this thread.  There would be no better way to endear yourself to your new fans than booting this wee ***** up in the air after 5 minutes of the second match. :yas:

5 minutes. 30 seconds, providing the not so young Aiden is fit to partake.

24 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not having that tbh.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

do you really think LJ had any say in that signing or length of contract

A say in the player, yes. Salary and length of contract, no.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Not having that tbh.

There were a few back in the day my maternal grandparents were pretty normal …………… not much evidence of it now a days though right enough

Think he is just setting the scene here for the media playing the Hibs Irish heritage and Celtic links. Stand by for the first time he gets booed at Tynecastle next day he will be in the media greeting about sectarianism and the media will buy it. It's couldn't possibly be because he turned his back on Scotland now could it. This will be Neil Lennon mark 2 stoking the fire then run away playing the victim.  

23 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

My thoughts exactly. Hubs will probably pay his relocation expenses so that’s him moved back up the road - totally ready to retire next year. Sound investment by him, hysterical by hubs 

They're going to get slapped about next season and its going to be wonderful :D 

I think this is supposed to be a marquee signing too! 

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

He’s pish. 😂

Can’t wait for Rowles to smash him 🤛

This. Right through him please.  Then watch the vermin suffer from the away end as we continue to own them.

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

This. Right through him please.  Then watch the vermin suffer from the away end as we continue to own them.

Souttar on Brandon Barker levels of smashed! 😂

He might as well have said

I'm too old and knackered to play for Celtic anymore but Hibs are next best thing. 

Hibs fans seem happy with that too. 😂 

Just now, Paris 84 said:

The signing of McGeady must have been a real boost for Demi Mitchell. 

they will become good friends with all the time they will spend together in the treatment room

indianajones

Wtf? May as well have said it's a Catholic club so I'm here. 

If Andy Halliday came out with similar nonsense we would be hounding him out. 

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Looks more his own Jonathan Watson impersonation than ever.

Bang on 😄

Ex member of the SaS

Someone over there posted this: " Apparently injured himself signing the contract … out till Xmas… "  This has to be one of the best things Hibs have done for us. FTH

1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Think he is just setting the scene here for the media playing the Hibs Irish heritage and Celtic links. Stand by for the first time he gets booed at Tynecastle next day he will be in the media greeting about sectarianism and the media will buy it. It's couldn't possibly be because he turned his back on Scotland now could it. This will be Neil Lennon mark 2 stoking the fire then run away playing the victim.  

Yes you can see it coming a mile away

jamboinglasgow

I feel like I keep posting this but Hibs have signed another player, a 23 year old French striker called Élie Youan. Their 10th signing and its not even July!

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

I feel like I keep posting this but Hibs have signed another player, a 23 year old French striker called Élie Youan

their 8th signing so far, initial loan from st gallen

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Philfigo said:

Spot on, unfortunately. 

43 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Looks more like his own Jonathan Watson impersonation than ever.

🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I feel like I keep posting this but Hibs have signed another player, a 23 year old French striker called Élie Youan. Their 10th signing and its not even July!

Youan whose army? 

4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

🤣

Also I just noticed why the **** is the green round the collar and cuffs a different shade to the main green on their strip 🤣

Haha .. look at the pen he's using .. one of those multi colour click select we used to use when bairns .. highly professional 

wentworth jambo
2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

“Will someone nip down to Home Bargains and pick up a pen”

Oh, Hibs. Please, never change :rofl:

Wee Ron (raging) : “We’ve got Aiden waiting  to sign here and not one of you useless sons of bitches thought to bring a pen ?”

Moira (fae the canteen) : “I’ve goat ma bingo pen in my bag, Mr Gordon”

Wee Ron (calming) : “Thanks Moira - we nearly looked stupid there”

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Other Clubs Summer Transfer Window 2022 ( Merged ) ***

Just remember that Aidan McGeady dived and was booked for simulation in a pre-season friendly against us last year.  A friendly... 

The guy is a ****ing rat. 

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is it just me, or does there seem to be some sort of scattergun approach in Hibs' signings?

Yep.

Interestingly, they're also very quick to sign. Now, the recruitment side could be great at their jobs...or they're shopping in a league below their standards and they can't believe their luck or they're paying over the odds.

Doesn't seem to be much negotiating going on from the moment they're linked to the moment they sign.

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Tbf if they offered them a longer deal we would also be saying its too long for a 36 year old winger. Have no idea how he will do but there is a good chance he will spent majority of the season injured

5 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Looks like he should be sitting outside Scotmid with a blanket and a malnourished dug. 

Leeann Dempster is at Queen's Park now mate.

38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Another ****ing striker. :rofl: 

I know there's talks about Doidge leaving but sure they've still got like 6 strikers on the books. Wonder if multi-million pound striker Nisbet will even get a look in.