The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Not as much though, there will be more of a chance of us winning on Saturday, for me if they win tomorrow.   Do you genuinely think they will care as much should they win the ULC?

I think win or lose tomorrow it really wont affect their attitude towards Sat - they are professional fitba players.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riccarton3
5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think they will give half as much a shite come Saturday if they win on Weds.  Lose on Weds it will be 100% going into it to win something. 

They are a professional football team. They want it ALL. No Scottish Cup since 2009 and you're hoping for a lackadaisical attitude. Add to that their bitterness and self inflicted pain. Just support Rangers in their final. But you could have kept it to yourself

Edited by Riccarton3

It's pretty simple. You take every potential advantage going into a Final.

There are plenty with them making this Final. We can take advantage if they are jaded after playing in incredible heat less than three days before the Final.

We will have to be on an A game to win this but I'll take any advantage going. Injuries, heat stroke..anything !

😎

Pasquale for King

I’ve never met a decent Rangers fan. Extremely bitter horrible *******s, hope they get absolutely destroyed, but a loss on penalties after 2 hours in the energy sapping hear will do just fine. 
Anyone that wants them win, would it be the same if it was their equally unwashed slum dwellers in the final?

The Dragon Reborn
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You do realise the old club actually won the tax case?  It was nowhere near levels of max fixing, they used loopholes to cheat though imo and got what they deserved when they went capoot. 

If there’s one thing I can’t stand, it’s people welching on their financial obligations. 

doctor jambo

I’d have to say, there are no advantages to this country having rangers exist , let alone them winning some thing .

their new orange kit shows what they bring and stand for - hatred and bigotry.

I hope they get thumped rotten.

Like proper gone over and destroyed.

There is no such thing as a good rangers fan as they support an evil institution.

Wishful thinking but no chance. 

You think? So a team that’s had a history  of horrific financial management, posted a loss of over £20m last year, required a £7.5m loan just to make it through the season and are losing millions per month are capable of coping without the £40 odd million they gambled on? 

What planet are you on? **** Rangers, get them pumped, get them liquidated and give us the same chance Aberdeen had a decade ago. We’ll do better. 

Pans Jambo
13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bollocks! Here's to extra time, penalties and them losing.

This. in 28degree heat as well please.

EDIT. Plus their plane delayed for 8 hours on the way back would be handy.

Edited by Pans Jambo

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

How does the rangers winning the Europa give us 4/5 million in our coffers though?

We're already quids in for next season, and any extra place would be at the bottom - this year it would be Ross county facing god knows how many rounds of qualifying for the conference before getting pumped out after 3 fixtures and breaking even after traveling costs.

Plus, every town in Scotland facing a summer of gloating hun?

uNolpyv.gif

Why do we have a place that's worth 4/5m?

Them doing better in Europe gives Hearts opportunities in Europe. 

Can you clarify, was it you who wanted hibs to win the cup? 

If it was questioning me about wanting the huns to win in Europe and being worried by fans gloating is a bit rich. 

Bazzas right boot

Not as much though, there will be more of a chance of us winning on Saturday, for me if they win tomorrow.   Do you genuinely think they will care as much should they win the ULC?

Yes, plus they wil be on a high and full of confidence in a game that although not a free hit will have little pressure on it. 

Get beat and then suddenly a tropyless season is on the horizon and as heavy favourites if they don't start well v us their fans wil turn. 

Them winning it, as well a guaranteeing them anther £30 plus million next season does nothing for our chances of a win. 

If they get beat, although marginal they will be a bit deflated and there will be a bit more pressure on them to win the sc as being runners up in the league, the Europa Cup and the sc is not a good season for them. 

A team and fan base bouncing in to the sc final after winning the Europa league is not in any way good for us. 

Crazy to think that and if you've played football there is no way you'd think that they'd be less focused after winning a trophy. 

Madness. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Whatever the result the Huns have in Europe we need to bring our A game to our final or we won't win it. That's the concern as we don't always play well for the duration. Fingers crossed we focus and get the breaks over the whole course of the game and no brain farts

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If it was questioning me about wanting the huns to win in Europe and being worried by fans gloating is a bit rich. 

Nah, that was apparently me. 

Nobody "wanted" hibs to win the cup tho, that is, made up. 

I've not seen one quote on here from me  saying that. 

You wouldn't have either. 

Unsure what hibs v rangers in the sc 6 years has to do with Rangers v Frankfurt tho, straw clutching at it's finest. 

Them being finalists or winning will have little or zero impact on Hearts European chances. 

Them doing well is OK by most ( and Celtic), but winning it-nah. 

Your logic doesn't make any sense as they are in the final and already done "well". 

We also don't have a European place worth £4/£5 m as they won it or reached a final, so your point again falls down. 

31 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

This. in 28degree heat as well please.

EDIT. Plus their plane delayed for 8 hours on the way back would be handy.

A lot higher than 28 !

The mean temperatures given are an average obviously. It will be mid to high 30s at KO !

The players will be prepared but there will be casualties all over the shop with the fans !

Mad hot !

Pans Jambo
Just now, Boab said:

A lot higher than 28 !

The mean temperatures given are an average obviously. It will be mid to high 30s at KO !

The players will be prepared but there will be casualties all over the shop with the fans !

Mad hot !

Even better Boab :thumbs_up:

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Right, so we're there because of previous seasons? So what good does it do us for the rangers to win the bloody thing now?

You seem to have a wee semi about the hibs thing so I'll assume I preferred to see the rangers to lose on here, distasteful though both options are. I certainly said I couldn't help being chuffed for my hibs friends and family after.

But you actively want the rangers to win a major European trophy when the other option means nothing to you?

Riccarton3
21 minutes ago, edramone said:

Whatever the result the Huns have in Europe we need to bring our A game to our final or we won't win it. That's the concern as we don't always play well for the duration. Fingers crossed we focus and get the breaks over the whole course of the game and no brain farts

Good post. Drives a demolition ball through the 'Rangers win' vanguard thinking. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

He said he was worried about huns gloating and is criticising me for wanting a rival to do well. So no straw clutching, just clarifying if it was him. As it happens it was you who's the hibs chunt😁

Rangers doing well in Europe benefits Scottish football and we get more of a chance to keep getting 4/5 million pound places. 

My points perfectly reasonable, I wnat them to do well because its a British team in Europe and it benefits Hearts. 

I didn't say I was worried, I said the hun gloating all summer was a pretty bloody big negative.

The rangers have already done well, them winning the thing benefits them more than anyone else, so **** that.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

He said he was worried about huns gloating and is criticising me for wanting a rival to do well. So no straw clutching, just clarifying if it was him. As it happens it was you who's the hibs chunt😁

Rangers doing well in Europe benefits Scottish football and we get more of a chance to keep getting 4/5 million pound places. 

My points perfectly reasonable, I wnat them to do well because its a British team in Europe and it benefits Hearts. 

Rangers doing well does not benefit Scottish football.

it entrenches the status quo.

More kids will follow them over their local teams .

the press will slobber over them.

non Scot’s media will continue to dismiss  all the other teams.

thebbest thing for football in this country is if they vanished entirely as Celtic crowds would dwindle again.

we need a more level playing field , not holding them up as something to be proud of.

Riccarton3
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Rangers doing well does not benefit Scottish football.

it entrenches the status quo.

More kids will follow them over their local teams .

the press will slobber over them.

non Scot’s media will continue to dismiss  all the other teams.

thebbest thing for football in this country is if they vanished entirely as Celtic crowds would dwindle again.

we need a more level playing field , not holding them up as something to be proud of.

It seems we can't look for progression through the coefficient without Rangers winning it. We really are in Alice in Wonderland territory. 

Unknown user
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

It seems we can't look for progression through the coefficient without Rangers winning it. We really are in Alice in Wonderland territory. 

From where we are, progression through the coefficient benefits the rangers and Celtic much more than anyone else. 

Plus, my mum's half German so **** the rangers!

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

They have done well. 

Wanting them to win the trophy is a step further from doing well tho. 

It does not benefit Hearts unconditionally, if they win it and do well they get more money, that hinders our chances domestically to win games and trophies. 

If they win it they get ucl league group stage football and £30m plus guaranteed for next season. 

Doing well makes sense, wanting the hun *******s to win the thing is a bit different. 

Fair doos tho, hope you are celebrating on Wednesday. 

Riccarton3
10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

From where we are, progression through the coefficient benefits the rangers and Celtic much more than anyone else. 

Plus, my mum's half German so **** the rangers

I'm on your side. We take what we can from their success. I get that pragmatic stance.  I do. Over time. What folk are adding is either Celtic or Rangers winning European trophies. How any Hearts fan can be pragmatic about that is beyond me? Each to their own,I suppose.

Edited by Riccarton3

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They have done well. 

Wanting them to win the trophy is a step further from doing well tho. 

It does not benefit Hearts unconditionally, if they win it and do well they get more money, that hinders our chances domestically to win games and trophies. 

If they win it they get ucl league group stage football and £30m plus guaranteed for next season. 

Doing well makes sense, wanting the hun *******s to win the thing is a bit different. 

Fair doos tho, hope you are celebrating on Wednesday. 

...will this then drop sellick into a (further?) qualifying position?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...will this then drop sellick into a (further?) qualifying position?

No, they both get it. 

Yeah.... 

10 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Plus, my mum's half German so **** the rangers!

So what's the alternative ?

Hope every Scottish team go out early in every season because it's not Hearts ?

The huge sums we are going to get next season are a direct result of good results of Scottish teams the last two or three seasons.

That's a fact !

I'd be happy with both arse cheeks getting to the quarters every season and us, and everyone else benefitting from that.

Winning it ? No, we don't need to go that far.

broxburnjambo

This made me laugh.

I am a personal travel consultant and my client who booked with me for Seville has sent me this. My Client is currently in Albufeira and is so thankful I sorted travel and accommodation for for them.

The guy below was advised to book with me but chose to do it himself and try and get it cheaper. Looks like cheaper is not always the best option.  No Seville for him.

received_323459689956136.thumb.jpeg.bf6785aa4f26c5bbadbbf1ffd907b2eb.jpeg

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

No, they both get it. 

Yeah.... 

☹️

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

So what's the alternative ?

Hope every Scottish team go out early in every season because it's not Hearts ?

The huge sums we are going to get next season are a direct result of good results of Scottish teams the last two or three seasons.

That's a fact !

I'd be happy with both arse cheeks getting to the quarters every season and us, and everyone else benefitting from that.

Winning it ? No, we don't need to go that far.

No, I'm just replying to the guy who said a hun win would progress us through the coefficient.

From where we are now, the hun winning would be massively beneficial for them and potentially a little beneficial for one more team per season. It's just not worth it.

Edited by Smithee

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, I'm just replying to the guy who said a hun win would progress us through the coefficient.

From where we are now, the hun winning would be massively beneficial for them and potentially a little beneficial for one more team per season. It's just not worth it.

I agree. Our, Scottish, coefficient could be maintained, and even increased, if those two never got by the QF stage in Europe. 

Suits me !

Hope they get stuffed tomorrow night, the points are in the bag.

Cheers, sevco !

👍

BRAVEHEART1874

Hope they get pumped.

We are going to have to defend much better and stop leaving people unmarked, whilst scoring 2 goals ourseves to win the cup.  Sevco winning on wed will not change this.

A defeat, the subconscious negativity, the fact they will win f all niggling away inside afew of them.

This hopefully would help us though :)

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
spell

mellors1874

Hope the heat drains them to the point they are ****ed on Saturday.

Hope it goes the distance as well.

Watt-Zeefuik

So many different angles here.

From the standpoint of my personal enjoyment of Wednesday, a 13-0 historically humiliating Rangers loss would be the best. That make for outstanding viewing and I would be delighted to see all the ruddy-faced Huns sobbing and throwing tantrums in the stand. Glorious.

From the standpoint of the big cup we could win on Saturday, probably the best outcome is that Rangers roar out to a 3-0 lead, lose three goals including a last minute equalizer, then lose a last minute winner at the end of extra time, so it doesn't even go to pens. That should leave them exhausted and demoralized and doubting themselves.

In the long run, if we ever want to entertain the thought of pipping them to a title every now and again (as Robbie and Joe are clearly focused on), a constant slurry of ECL money into OF pockets isn't great. But barring my idle daydreams and "you never know" hopes, that isn't happening next season.

We are now in a position as a club where yes, the coefficient really does matter to us. In addition to bumping up this year's coefficient, both OF teams just qualifying for the ECL group stages is an automatic 8 points on the coefficient. If both we and they manage some results in our groups, Scotland could easily get 13-14 points next season. If Scotland averages 10-11 points over 5 seasons, that would be enough to contend for 6th. That would mean, in addition to 2 UCL automatic group spots, one club gets automatic UEL groups (the SC winner I believe) and another gets UCL third qualifying round, which because of drop downs equates to UECL groups at a minimum. And yes, that would ultimately be very good for Scottish football.

So I hate the OF and Rangers most of all, and ultimately since I'll be nowhere near the pitch it doesn't matter whether I wish them well or not, but if they win there's a bright side to it.

jambo-in-furness

Me,  I’m hoping that the fans misbehave themselves so much in Seville that they (theThe fc) will be too ashamed to turn up on Saturday.

Ex member of the SaS

A small narrative of how I hope things go for them. They are kept awake in their hotel due to fans outside, lose on the last penalty ( after extra time ) due to a howler from McGregor, their flight home is delayed 10 hours and as their team bus leaves Glasgow airport it gets a puncture / engine failure / catches on fire.

Chances of any of this happening are slim but one can hope.

Hope they get pumped dry. Nothing will make me support either of the erse cheeks in a cup final. Roond thum aw ways!

3 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

I’d have to say, there are no advantages to this country having rangers exist , let alone them winning some thing .

their new orange kit shows what they bring and stand for - hatred and bigotry.

I hope they get thumped rotten.

Like proper gone over and destroyed.

There is no such thing as a good rangers fan as they support an evil institution.

Well said👍

I wonder if those Hearts fans wanting them to win would be as generous and fair minded if it was Celtic in the same position. 

I don't think so and it's obvious why. 🤔

Edited by luckydug

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Rangers on Pens 12/1 

would make them tired for sat but also helps scotlands coeffience

Surely 5-4 so the over exuberant alcohol based celebrations can start earlier. No effect on co-efficient.

Barry Radge
4 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

They are a professional football team. They want it ALL. No Scottish Cup since 2009 and you're hoping for a lackadaisical attitude. Add to that their bitterness and self inflicted pain. Just support Rangers in their final. But you could have kept it to yourself

Don’t understand your reference to 2009. Sevco didn’t exist then. The Tribute Act were born in 2012.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, Barry Radge said:

Don’t understand your reference to 2009. Sevco didn’t exist then. The Tribute Act were born in 2012.

Correct, Radge. I should have said no SC. Point stands they'll be desperate to win it and not not bothered about it as is being spouted. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

So many different angles here.

From the standpoint of my personal enjoyment of Wednesday, a 13-0 historically humiliating Rangers loss would be the best. That make for outstanding viewing and I would be delighted to see all the ruddy-faced Huns sobbing and throwing tantrums in the stand. Glorious.

From the standpoint of the big cup we could win on Saturday, probably the best outcome is that Rangers roar out to a 3-0 lead, lose three goals including a last minute equalizer, then lose a last minute winner at the end of extra time, so it doesn't even go to pens. That should leave them exhausted and demoralized and doubting themselves.

In the long run, if we ever want to entertain the thought of pipping them to a title every now and again (as Robbie and Joe are clearly focused on), a constant slurry of ECL money into OF pockets isn't great. But barring my idle daydreams and "you never know" hopes, that isn't happening next season.

We are now in a position as a club where yes, the coefficient really does matter to us. In addition to bumping up this year's coefficient, both OF teams just qualifying for the ECL group stages is an automatic 8 points on the coefficient. If both we and they manage some results in our groups, Scotland could easily get 13-14 points next season. If Scotland averages 10-11 points over 5 seasons, that would be enough to contend for 6th. That would mean, in addition to 2 UCL automatic group spots, one club gets automatic UEL groups (the SC winner I believe) and another gets UCL third qualifying round, which because of drop downs equates to UECL groups at a minimum. And yes, that would ultimately be very good for Scottish football.

So I hate the OF and Rangers most of all, and ultimately since I'll be nowhere near the pitch it doesn't matter whether I wish them well or not, but if they win there's a bright side to it.

13-0 with 13 injury time goals sounds good

Spitonastranger
5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think they will give half as much a shite come Saturday if they win on Weds.  Lose on Weds it will be 100% going into it to win something. 

Absolute guff, win they high lose and they will want to win something. We need to win this and all Hearts fans should be hoping they get pumped on Wednesday without having to resort to daft reasons why they want that mob to win.