The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

Unknown user
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Three reasons not to wish them luck. More arrogant supporters, weegie press going about it for years, more bairns turning their backs on their local teams. 

In the short term they would be buzzing for the cup final and we would have to face that. I hope they lose after extra time!

I hope they lose then the police release the hounds 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I don't get this way of thinking ? How on God's earth does Them winning benefit anyone in Scotland but THEM!? they will pocket 30 million if they win this and will get champions league group stage football next year, ensuring that they stretch their gap further over us, they have already boosted the co efficient enough, them winning only benefits them imo, why any hearts fan would want that outcome blows my mind and not in a good way! I personally want to face a broken Rangers tribute on the weekend, one that's had the confidence and life sucked out of them. Each to their own though eh!

This.

I don't mind the old firm, or anyone from Scotland, going far in Euro tourneys and boosting the coefficient. They don't need to win it for that to happen.

Win, win but not win in the final !

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I hope they lose then the police release the hounds 

As long as the hounds have all their vaccinations 😁

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Here’s hoping for...

Defeat.

Tiredness/fatigue.

A few injuries.

Sun stroke.

Large mosquitos.

All the best, boys.  👍

This 100%

Japan Jambo
11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Bollocks! Here's to extra time, penalties and them losing.

+1, feck 'em, ONLY HEARTS.

Would be best for us to keep quiet until after our game on Saturday! All this will do is galvanise the Rangers support in wanting to ram all this thread down our throats if they read it. Remember Paulo Sergo before 2012 cup final had radio silence about Hibs gave them nowt to feed off. Best to just forget about what Rangers might or might not win and just look after us, that's what big clubs seem to do.

5 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Would be best for us to keep quiet until after our game on Saturday! All this will do is galvanise the Rangers support in wanting to ram all this thread down our throats if they read it. Remember Paulo Sergo before 2012 cup final had radio silence about Hibs gave them nowt to feed off. Best to just forget about what Rangers might or might not win and just look after us, that's what big clubs seem to do.

I wasn't aware Neilson was in the press wishing the huns ill on Wed.

22 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I don't get this way of thinking ? How on God's earth does Them winning benefit anyone in Scotland but THEM!? they will pocket 30 million if they win this and will get champions league group stage football next year, ensuring that they stretch their gap further over us, they have already boosted the co efficient enough, them winning only benefits them imo, why any hearts fan would want that outcome blows my mind and not in a good way! I personally want to face a broken Rangers tribute on the weekend, one that's had the confidence and life sucked out of them. Each to their own though eh!

I don't know how to answer you.  My only thought is a Hearts win on Saturday.  I have no ill will against Rangers tomorrow even though I hate what that club stands for.  It's the irony that they are representing Scotland despite their confusion of identity.  

2 minutes ago, briever said:

I wasn't aware Neilson was in the press wishing the huns ill on Wed.

He hasn't to my knowledge, was just making a reference of what Paulo Sergo did in 2012 and to what's being said on here and how it might be good for us to take the same point as Paulo made. The less ammunition Rangers or there support have them better for us. 

Just now, Philfigo said:

He hasn't to my knowledge, was just making a reference of what Paulo Sergo did in 2012 and to what's being said on here and how it might be good for us to take the same point as Paulo made. The less ammunition Rangers or there support have them better for us. 

This is Kickback, do you think we were sitting tight lipped before the final in 2012?

1 minute ago, briever said:

This is Kickback, do you think we were sitting tight lipped before the final in 2012?

Of course lol

AlphonseCapone

Posting in here with the rest of the good guys. 

**** rangers and everyone who sails within her. 

Fozzyonthefence

‘mon Eintracht, put the Hun scum back in their box please!  This is sure to be embarrassing for Scotland off the park, hopefully they embarrass themselves on it too. 

Randy Marsh
56 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We are guaranteed group stage European football next season.  That is largely down to how well Rangers have done in Europe over the last few seasons.  Hearts will benefit as long as we keep finishing 3rd.

Edited by Randy Marsh

I don’t see them losing two games in a week. I’d rather they won and that hopefully takes their edge off for Saturday. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Rangers to end the season empty handed 

Here, here! 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

We are guaranteed group stage European football next season.  That is largely down to how well Rangers have done in Europe over the last few seasons.  Hearts will benefit as long as we keep finishing 3rd.

They don't need to win it tho fir us ri benefit, getting out of the group stages is enough, finalists - well done. 

Winners-nah, **** them. 

3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

120mins of being kicked around and then losing by a last minute goal please.

Last min controversial pen awarded by a ref who had been to the Vatican last Saturday.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Scottish team 😂😂

They are a Scottish team, like it or not them doing well in Europe has lead us to millions next season.

It would be the same for me if it was Celtic, yes.  

It's unrealistic for anyone else but needless to say my attitude would be different if it was Hibs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm usually one for hoping both the Glasgow side get smashed in every game in Europe but like when Celtic made the Uefa Cup final and the journey there etc I can't help but feeling I wish them well tomorrow.  Of course my attitude will change come Thursday morning when they've smashed up Seville and they become the major enemy before Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Nah not having it, Yes we have benefitted from them doing well in europe, but do we benefit from them winning a Europa cup? Have a word man, do you really want both OF teams to be guaranteed 30+million quid and Champs league groups next season? There's already a financial gulf between them and us, this will make things alot worse in the coming season. Not to mention arguably the worst fans in Scotland being smug about it and will never stop going on about winning the bleeding thing for the next 50 years or until they go bust again.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There aren't any. Not a single one.

Yes there is.  They are just a lot less vocal and in your face. 

Randy Marsh
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

They don't need to win it tho fir us ri benefit, getting out of the group stages is enough, finalists - well done. 

Winners-nah, **** them. 

True.  So a defeat on penalties is the best option. Making real match of it.  If Rangers do win I'll not be losing my shit.  The Celtic support will be hurting badly for years.  Every cloud and all that.  I despise them both equally BTW.

Naisys Tackle
42 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

+1, feck 'em, ONLY HEARTS.

If "only Hearts" why are you backing a German team or even giving an opinion on who you want to win a separate game of football? 

• davemclaren changed the title to The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )
Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Nah not having it, Yes we have benefitted from them doing well in europe, but do we benefit from them winning a Europa cup? Have a word man, do you really want both OF teams to be guaranteed 30+million quid and Champs league groups next season? There's already a financial gulf between them and us, this will make things alot worse in the coming season. Not to mention arguably the worst fans in Scotland being smug about it and will never stop going on about winning the bleeding thing for the next 50 years or until they go bust again.

If they win the Europa Cup then they go right into the Champions League.  Winning/Drawing in the Champions League guarantees more co-efficient points for the country.

Rangers went bust despite being in the Champions League for years also, there will always be a financial gulf regardless of that money.  I'm more concerned about regularly finishing 3rd and building a massive gulf on the rest of the clubs and that is clearly now evident it is assisted by them doing well in Europe.  

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don’t see them losing two games in a week. I’d rather they won and that hopefully takes their edge off for Saturday. 

Exactly

Any sensible hearts fan will realise this 

Good luck Rangers can GTF. Get them pumped. Destroyed. Demoralised. Fatigued. 

Also no champions league money next year and there’s a good chance they’ll die. Again. 

How anyone can possibly want Rangers to win is a mystery, parking the obvious the cash influx from the CL just makes it even more difficult for us. Extra time and pens would be a bonus but just getting beaten is enough to help us for Saturday.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Also no champions league money next year and there’s a good chance they’ll die. Again. 

Wishful thinking but no chance. 

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

Massive celebrations and totally hungover on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Also no champions league money next year and there’s a good chance they’ll die. Again

Agreed, they have gambled their entire existence on this champions league money and I so hope they don't get it. 

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If they win the Europa Cup then they go right into the Champions League.  Winning/Drawing in the Champions League guarantees more co-efficient points for the country.

Rangers went bust despite being in the Champions League for years also, there will always be a financial gulf regardless of that money.  I'm more concerned about regularly finishing 3rd and building a massive gulf on the rest of the clubs and that is clearly now evident it is assisted by them doing well in Europe.  

Rangers went out of business for activities just short of match fixing, believing paying players with no tax liability as acceptable. You must have short memories. Happy to sell your soul for money and a Rangers trophy.

Randy Marsh
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Well said. Spot on man.  I only give a shit about Hearts.  Makes no difference to us if the gruesomes are both in the CL next season.  We have no realistic chance of winning the title at the moment.  If we keep finishing 3rd for a few years that could change further down the line.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Rangers went out of business for activities just short of match fixing, believing paying players with no tax liability as acceptable. You must have short memories. Happy to sell your soul for money and a Rangers trophy.

I think we are finding out who the fuds that fly Union Jacks at Tynie are.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, briever said:

I think we are finding out who the fuds that fly Union Jacks at Tynie are.

Only fuds take union jacks to football games full stop.  Try not tar everyone with a difference of opinion with the same brush, cheers. 

Sounnes saying in 10 years they’ve went from NEARLY going out of business to making this final in Europe 😂

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Well said. Spot on man.  I only give a shit about Hearts.  Makes no difference to us if the gruesomes are both in the CL next season.  We have no realistic chance of winning the title at the moment.  If we keep finishing 3rd for a few years that could change further down the line.

Yep.  £10/20m more they will hopefully just spunk it like in the past anyway in competition with each other.  £5m for us, because of finishing 3rd is massive for us and if we can get that regular, plus European football until the new year it's a massive plus.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

You do realise the old club actually won the tax case?  It was nowhere near levels of max fixing, they used loopholes to cheat though imo and got what they deserved when they went capoot. 

kingantti1874

I only care about what is best for hearts chances.  Since I don’t know what is best for hearts chances I don’t give a flying **** either way. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Braminho said:

Sounnes saying in 10 years they’ve went from NEARLY going out of business to making this final in Europe 😂

Ev5asVEWQAQgmHd.jpeg

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I only care about what is best for hearts chances.  Since I don’t know what is best for hearts chances I don’t give a flying **** either way. 

While usually true it's football and it's big news for the next coming days in the country.  May as well pick a side. 

Deep down, most realistic fans would conclude them winning on Wednesday gives us a better chance of winning on Saturday.   

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yep.  £10/20m more they will hopefully just spunk it like in the past anyway in competition with each other.  £5m for us, because of finishing 3rd is massive for us and if we can get that regular, plus European football until the new year it's a massive plus.

You do realise the old club actually won the tax case?  It was nowhere near levels of max fixing, they used loopholes to cheat though imo and got what they deserved when they went capoot. 

Someone else might want to comment on this. I remember Murray resurfacing at one point when it went one way but from recollection it went the other way on appeal. Enjoy the game (Wednesday's)

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

While usually true it's football and it's big news for the next coming days in the country.  May as well pick a side. 

Deep down, most realistic fans would conclude them winning on Wednesday gives us a better chance of winning on Saturday.   

What a load of shite. Who are trying g to convince? A team who has just won a major trophy and on a high are less likely to win a domestic cup given the chasm of resources between them and their opponents? Ffs they will be roaring to go. 

A deflated Rangers with pressure to win anything. Doh, I don't know.

Edited by Riccarton3

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

What a load of shite. Who are trying g to convince? A team who has just won a major trophy and on a high are less likely to win a domestic cup given the chasm of resources between them and their opponents. Ffs they will be roaring to go. 

A deflated Rangers with pressure to win anything. Doh, I don't know.

I don't think they will give half as much a shite come Saturday if they win on Weds.  Lose on Weds it will be 100% going into it to win something. 

Unknown user
39 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

120mins of being kicked around and then losing by a last minute goal please.

Three last minute goals

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

I don't think they will give half as much a shite come Saturday if they win on Weds.  Lose on Weds it will be 100% going into it to win something. 

A club who has never won the Scottish Cup, they will be up for it regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Jambof3tornado

No benefit at all for us with a rangers win. A defeat in extra time with several injuries benefits us thankyou very much.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, briever said:

A club who has never won the Scottish Cup, they will be up for it regardless of what happens tomorrow.

Not as much though, there will be more of a chance of us winning on Saturday, for me if they win tomorrow.   Do you genuinely think they will care as much should they win the ULC?