The good/bad luck Rangers thread ( merged )

Naisys Tackle

2 minutes ago, LochcarronJambo said:

Not really sure what your point is- I was part of our tremendous support yesterday at Hampden & the vast majority of Hearts fans are proud to be part of a none sectarian club & proudly Scottish - the Hearts support was fantastic….the fact is Rangers are a grotesque abhorrent institution, purveyors of hate and very much anti Scottish - End of

The point is being a unionist does not necessarily make you a bigot.

Similarly declaring that you're Scottish not British doesn't preclude you from being a bigot.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Sooks

• redjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SwindonJambo
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

We still have the farcical situation in West Lothian (Addiewell) where St Thomas' and Addiewell primary share a playground but have different buildings to go into for classes, only built about 30/40 years ago too.

I know of similar examples in Hamilton and Bishopbriggs.  It's just outrageous and clearly by design. Creating an artificial partition between kids at such an early age is just plain twisted and evil.

just wanted to drop in on this thread to wish the hun bootlickers a continued worthless existence

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

just wanted to drop in on this thread to wish the hun bootlickers a continued worthless existence

Plus one from me too : - )

SwindonJambo
5 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The point is being a unionist does not necessarily make you a bigot.

Similarly declaring that you're Scottish not British doesn't preclude you from being a bigot.

Thank you. You’ve made by point shortly and sweetly. For the avoidance of any doubt, I absolutely loathe both halves of the OF and would shut them down tomorrow if I could.  I think they’re a skid mark on society. However, it’s not happening any time soon unfortunately.

At the same time, I don’t like stereotyping and generalising either - tarring a whole group of people with the same brush as their most extreme and obsessed element. It’s just a bit stupid. At the end of the day most football fans are just normal hard working folks with other, much more important stuff in their lives too.

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

Thank you. You’ve made by point shortly and sweetly. For the avoidance of any doubt, I absolutely loathe both halves of the OF and would shut them down tomorrow if I could.  I think they’re a skid mark on society. However, it’s not happening any time soon unfortunately.

At the same time, I don’t like stereotyping and generalising either - tarring a whole group of people with the same brush as their most extreme and obsessed element. It’s just a bit stupid. At the end of the day most football fans are just normal hard working folks with other, much more important stuff in their lives too.

The Rangers and Celtic fanbases are massive.  To discount them all as bigots is daft.

A lot of it is how they were brought up.

44 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The Rangers and Celtic fanbases are massive.  To discount them all as bigots is daft.

Most bigots have been brought up to be bigots 

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Oh that's alright then.

SwindonJambo
43 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Most bigots have been brought up to be bigots 

Correct. Be they religious bigots or other types of bigots and regardless of the club they follow or none. Many of these people who regularly go on orange and Hibernian walks don’t even like football at all but go on the marches because that’s their thing.

Bigots are people with closed minds and deeply entrenched mindsets and opinions on whatever it is they are passionate about (and it doesn’t have to be religion) and who are intolerant and aggressive towards those with opposing views, and cannot engage with them in a civil manner. A lot of it about unfortunately.

i personally am both strongly atheist and anti royalist but I do my best not to let that colour my opinion of those who aren’t. For those reasons, neither half of the OF are a good fit for me,

Edited by SwindonJambo

12 minutes ago, briever said:

Oh that's alright then.

I didn't say that FFS 

Most of either fanbase is okay.

7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I didn't say that FFS 

I disagree - if most of their real fanbase were ok the shit that goes on in stadiums wouldn't happen.

Edited by briever

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Correct. Be they religious bigots or other types of bigots and regardless of the club they follow or none. Many of these people who regularly go on orange and Hibernian walks don’t even like football at all but go on the marches because that’s their thing.

Bigots are people with closed minds and deeply entrenched mindsets and opinions on whatever it is they are passionate about (and it doesn’t have to be religion) and who are intolerant and aggressive towards those with opposing views, and cannot engage with them in a civil manner. A lot of it about unfortunately.

i personally am both strongly atheist and anti royalist but I do my best not to let that colour my opinion of those who aren’t. For those reasons, neither half of the OF are a good fit for me,

Sounds like most football fans, really 😛

12 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

You do not have to explain to me mate I agree with every word despite having a different political view : - )

Quite a few of them building gallows on Saturday......at least 90 percent.

Mental with the price of wood these days, unless of course it's some historical non football related song....can't be though as  most of them aren't bigoted...........😯

SwindonJambo
14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sounds like most football fans, really 😛

There is very probably  some truth in this... 😳

Edited by SwindonJambo

Spitonastranger
21 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I didn't say that FFS 

No it is not their fan base are arseholes, didn't even know they were there yesterday until they scored. You must not go to many games against them .

SwindonJambo
18 minutes ago, briever said:

I disagree - if most of their real fanbase were ok the shit that goes on in stadiums wouldn't happen.

I think you may be referring to the 90 minute bigot, or in Saturday’s case, the 120 minute bigot. The hard core of nut jobs who start and sing the shit and their bigoted thoughts dominate their every thought and a much larger ‘softer’ secondary element who sing the shit at the games and not anywhere else then resume being normal people away from the football. They are and have always been a problem. They think they’re adding to the atmosphere yet what  they’re actually doing is pouring petrol on the fire and giving the hard core nut jobs a louder voice than they deserve.