***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Aye. We're all going to bare our arses at Sevco when they come out 👍

Good stuff mate! Should be fairly impressive. Think they’ll be a sensitive wee lot tomorrow. I sincerely hope we stand on their throat!!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

...andFulton'sBaggio
43 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Over on bears den they are in bits. 

They are now aware that this season could be written off after it promised so much. 

The fans are physically and mentally knackered and many can see this sc game far enough. 

The players must be feeling like this twice over. 

Ofc, the mood will change Tommorrow nearer KO, but if we start well the fear and dread will set in to them. 

Score first and get the " You're gonna win **** all" chant on the go and we can break them. 

I'm now more in the camp of - 

"if we can step up, we can win" as opposed to "we need rangers to have an off day / luck etc". 

Just don't freeze and gve them a lift, make them work, make them nervous, get their fans to turn.

doit.gif

That wee bit in bold there. That should be the team talk.

...andFulton'sBaggio
58 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Quote from rangers news: 

"With Rangers the favourites to lift the famous trophy at Hampden, there shouldn’t be too much to worry about at the weekend"!! 😡

Let's get ****ing right into them tomorrow and bring the cup back!! We play to our best we will win! C'mon the JT's!! 

And there we have it: team talk complete.

I think we have a great chance of winning it but also if we lose we have had a pretty decent season.

I couldn't believe rangers fans left before they went up for their medals on wednesday night and i hope no matter what the result we as fans stay to show our appreciation to the team after the final whistle

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Whether he starts or comes on as a sub, how do we utilise Ginnelly?

Think if Boyce plays   as a sub for his pace in latter stages

2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Quote from rangers news: 

"With Rangers the favourites to lift the famous trophy at Hampden, there shouldn’t be too much to worry about at the weekend"!! 😡

Let's get ****ing right into them tomorrow and bring the cup back!! We play to our best we will win! C'mon the JT's!! 

I just cannot see their players or hordes recovering enough from Wednesday’s kick in the studs to be fully up for this, mentally or physically.

An early goal will turn them on their team, kill their patience with being “well-behaved”  on Wednesday night, and ensure a nice Sunday parade in Edinburgh. 

Could get nastier than usual after the game, stay safe folks and enjoy the day.

1 hour ago, savage said:

I think we have a great chance of winning it but also if we lose we have had a pretty decent season.

I couldn't believe rangers fans left before they went up for their medals on wednesday night and i hope no matter what the result we as fans stay to show our appreciation to the team after the final whistle

The majority of hearts fans left last Saturday. Obviously disappointed with the result but the lap of honour was for the season not one game

2 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The majority of hearts fans left last Saturday. Obviously disappointed with the result but the lap of honour was for the season not one game

Not a new thing. There have been a few the past few seasons. 

Just now, Boab said:

Not a new thing. There have been a few the past few seasons. 

Agree   but in the past it was at the end of a poor season

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hate to say it, but I’m going more in hope than expectation. I say every time I’m not going to let myself get excited and then I do, but this time it’s the day before and I’m still not “in the mood” yet. Not sure why that is. Maybe it’ll kick in tomorrow when I start travelling through, I don’t know. Feels weird so close to a final though.

I'm the same, can't get too excited about the game yet. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be right up for it. Doesn't help that I'm thousands of miles away I suppose 

Just now, Sherbet said:

Agree   but in the past it was at the end of a poor season

Of course. At the end of the 96' Final, everyone stayed and cheered the team even after a thumping. I spoke to Gilles Roussett in hospitality a few years after it and he said he was taken aback at the support he got after a pretty poor game. The support was terrific that day.

Same thing will, hopefully, happen this time...although a victory, not a shoeing !

😬

hereford_hearts

Car packed. Double checked the tickets are in there. Edinburgh in 6 hours hopefully. See you all tomorrow. 

HHGH

And FTH obviously. 

colinmorewasgash

Europa Europa 

When Ramsey got the Ball 

And Sevco 

Won fk all 

Europa Europa 

You let yr club die 

Your no rangers anymore 

Rangers died and Hearts survived 

Let's beat this shower and for any pantwetters or rangers sympathisers gtf on here 11 v 11 90 minutes its football shocks happen. Sick of hearing oh dear we are crap they are amazing they will be hurting they are wounded will destroy us blah blah rangers will get some silverware to make up for seville and just have to turn up according to weegia.  Obviously keep it tight early don't give wee father wullie any excuse for red card or early pen then go for jugular later just remember Hubz with wiggy beat them 1 3 at hampdump they aren't unbeatable. If we lose its expected if we win auld reekie will be jumping tomorrow night. One way or other its been good season  but a win would top of it off but it would really annoy Gfa even more. Only Hearts.

1 minute ago, the general said:

Is it best to get train tickets from Edinburgh to  Queens Park Station?

King's Park ?

Yea, probably best. Save any ticket chicanery in Glasgow. Just get a return to King's Park.

the general
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

King's Park ?

Yea, probably best. Save any ticket chicanery in Glasgow. Just get a return to King's Park.

I was close lol

Cheers 

I'm nervous now. Working tomorrow but going to say I'm sick so I can get home and watch the match. The bus can drive its self.

Riccarton3

This is a bit left field but does anyone think that Wednesday's failure will have an impact on the officiating for this one? I do. Not that it would have been any good anyway but the light treatment' afforded ra Gers might be in overdrive. 

Licence to be physical. Green light to be protected. 

It's all there.

Otherwise, good luck Hearts.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Over on bears den they are in bits. 

They are now aware that this season could be written off after it promised so much. 

The fans are physically and mentally knackered and many can see this sc game far enough. 

The players must be feeling like this twice over. 

Ofc, the mood will change Tommorrow nearer KO, but if we start well the fear and dread will set in to them. 

Score first and get the " You're gonna win **** all" chant on the go and we can break them. 

I'm now more in the camp of - 

"if we can step up, we can win" as opposed to "we need rangers to have an off day / luck etc". 

Just don't freeze and gve them a lift, make them work, make them nervous, get their fans to turn. 

doit.gif

Praying you’re right. We’ve taken points off the OF this season, so we absolutely can do it. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, the general said:

Price was exactly £16.90

Hope it is not an omen

What??? 

You Paid for a ticket!!!! 😲 

joondalupjambo

I am sure Rangers will score so we need to be in it to make sure we score more.  2-1 Mackay to score first is 200/1 via Skybet, fill your boots😃😃😃😃

Seaside Dave

Boy in My work says they are pumping us and I'll be heading back to edinburgh before 70mins is up.  #### him 

If we score first their players will be in bits if they haven't scored in first half hour the amazing atmosphere there apparently have will Zimmer down. Im Ready for this let's get them dealt with 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Boy in My work says they are pumping us and I'll be heading back to edinburgh before 70mins is up.  #### him 

If we score first their players will be in bits if they haven't scored in first half hour the amazing atmosphere there apparently have will Zimmer down. Im Ready for this let's get them dealt with 

"let's get them dealt with" 

:omfg:

13 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

It’s going to be difficult to win this. We need every player playing 100% the tactics have to be correct and a bit Lady Luck. Rangers are a solid physical team. 

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Whether he starts or comes on as a sub, how do we utilise Ginnelly?

He will probably be a sub but we could be out of it by then 

starts for me all day 

HamishMcGonagall

Finished work early today. Have watched the 98 Cup Final all the way through and I'm on video 9 of the Neil Pointon videos on YouTube. Getting me right up for it. Can't wait. What a weekend this could be 🇱🇻

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Drat!  Was hoping he'd play as I feel he's shite and the side to be attacked.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, PaddysBar said:

Officially buzzing now. Having a beer to calm me down. 

Come on Hearts!

michael-gove-calm-down.gif

joondalupjambo

Just back from my local, village in East Neuk, Rangers "fans" in abundance, two just back from Sevilla, all telling me we have no chance.  I know them all.  They all know I am ST holder, and going to the game and so asked them who had been at Ibrox this season.  Not one of them, not one even including the two who were in Spain have never been to over the threshold this season.  Glory hunting bassas to a man.  Probably never been out of Fife.

11 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

michael-gove-calm-down.gif

Do you think clubbing a seal cub would help calm my excitement, or just 10 cans?😆

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Do you think clubbing a seal cub would help calm my excitement, or just 10 cans?😆

Clubbing Gove would do everyone a favour. 

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Zoo's shut so you'll just have to do with the cans, which I'm sure you'll manage. :lol:

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looks like a gers tie too! :gfy:

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

Good stuff mate! Should be fairly impressive. Think they’ll be a sensitive wee lot tomorrow. I sincerely hope we stand on their throat!!!

Precisely, old boy.

No respect, no quarter. 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agree Mr H. (Your old porty mate DMcS here). 

Took a voluntary break from JKB but had to rejoin in the run up to the cup final! Just wish Willie the conk was running the line!

Let’s do this Hearts!

Edited by PaddysBar
Minor typo

15 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Zoo's shut so you'll just have to do with the cans, which I'm sure you'll manage. :lol:

I’m four deep already and it’s only the back of 6🤦‍♀️

ArcticJambo

Recipe for a sound sleep. :thumbsup:

I’m 3 deep. My local is full of Rangers fans drowning their sorrows from Wednesday. I’m just hoping the Rangers players are as down as they are!

heartsfc_fan

Fairly relaxed at the moment. Had Levels blasting at full volume over lunchtime 😎

3 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

I’m 3 deep. My local is full of Rangers fans drowning their sorrows from Wednesday. I’m just hoping the Rangers players are as down as they are!

The players will be. They’ll try to pretend they’re not but they will be down. 

We score first or at least keep it tight for say the first half and we’ve got a big chance. 

On the other hand they could pump us😆