***** Official Heart of Midlothian v The Rangers Scottish Cup Final 2022 Match Thread *****

Jambos_1874

The Tackle
13 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

hi folks i have a spare  single ticket available in (G7) open to an offer i will be at cathcart bowling club from 11am till about 2.30 or could meet outside hamden 2.50

I’ll take it if still available 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Don Dan

• Riccarton3

• Harry Potter

“Across your heart, is a badge of pride, so wear it well and we’ll be at your side” 

Dick Dastardly

Is it not 3pm yet? Ffs

I see the daily record is predicting McEneff to start!? Can't see that happening, although Robbie has made the odd strange line up decision in the past. I'm predicting:

Gordon 

Souttar 

Sibbick

Kingsley 

Atkinson

Cochrane 

Halliday

Haring

Mckay

Mackay-Stevens

Simms

H/T 1-0 Simms assisted by GMS

F/T 2-1 Mckay solo effort

Cmon the Hearts, get stuck into these filth

Edited by Dick Dastardly
Made the final score more realistic

The Tackle
2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is it not 3pm yet? Ffs

I see the daily record is predicting McEneff to start!? Can't see that happening, although Robbie has made the odd strange line up decision in the past. I'm predicting:

Gordon 

Souttar 

Sibbick

Kingsley 

Atkinson

Cochrane 

Halliday

Haring

Mckay

Mackay-Stevens

Simms

F/T 22-1 Mckay solo effort

I’d be happy with 2-1 22-1 would be fantastic 

Dick Dastardly
Just now, The Tackle said:

I’d be happy with 2-1 22-1 would be fantastic 

Oops! Stuttery finger! 22-1 and I'll run up the street naked. And thats not a pretty sight

Салатные палочки

Let's do this Hearts 🇱🇻 

Screenshot_20220521-095545_Chrome.jpg.32c4d8db7957479446de0b1feb0f3c43.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-095625_Chrome.jpg.9cf53f94709968c1debb8f482f0297c7.jpg

Screenshot_20220521-095653_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7047e6bdf919198c0f9f07922d9e13d.jpg

Portable Badger
14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Oops! Stuttery finger! 22-1 and I'll run up the street naked. And thats not a pretty sight

Well we’d get to see if your Dick is Dastardly then !!!

Howdy Doody Jambo

BBC radio scotland Cup Final breakfast show on now could be worth tuning in 

2 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Listening to some of the stuff on their morning show you would think only Rangers were playing in this final and this game was only on so that Rangers could win the cup. I hope they are greetin in their weegie teas come five o’clock tonight while we Jambos are celebrating. 

Dick Dastardly
13 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Well we’d get to see if your Dick is Dastardly then !!!

Might have to change my name to Dick Ingrown

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Might have to change my name to Dick Ingrown

Aye Tis a bit chilling the morn !!

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I said before the semi that it was Ellis Simms' day.

Today, I'm saying that when Liam Boyce is presented with his one glaring chance, he'll make it count.

❤️

Boyce cannot afford to be wasteful,he might get one chance to score. Here's hoping he doesnt blow it.

No reason today cannot be the day,the once in a maroon moon that we get one over on the old firm.

Gollum to be consistent, our squad to be on their A game, rangers to have a few with holiday heads on already.

Come on Hearts,make it happen.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The 98 and 2012 teams played the games of their lives in the final, this team can do that too and win. Come on Heart of Midlothlan 

43 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is it not 3pm yet? Ffs

Gordon 

Souttar 

Sibbick

Kingsley 

Atkinson

Cochrane 

Halliday

Haring

Mckay

Mackay-Stevens

Simms

I think it's very unlikely McEneff will start but if he does it could be a sign we want to overload the midfield.

Reckon Atkinson could be the hero today. He's been decent without being outstanding, but today could be the day... 

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's election night here in Oz. It looks like the Blues will lose here. Here's to a maroon being the only colour that matters.

COME ON THE FAMOUS!

I've got a spare ticket if anyone needs it, face value £30 and a pint , will be in the counting house by ten past eleven. Message me if you want it 🇱🇻🍺🇱🇻👍🇱🇻

Auldbenches

Got to beat this lot today.  Bad enough losing a cup final, but to a provincial club like rangers is unbearable.   

Go for throat from the start.  

Come on Hearts.  

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

I think it's very unlikely McEneff will start but if he does it could be a sign we want to overload the midfield.

Well Neilson did start him against the rangers before, didn't he? He seems a technically good player, just doesn't seem to be working for him in our team

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Is it not 3pm yet? Ffs

Gordon 

Souttar 

Sibbick

Kingsley 

Atkinson

Cochrane 

Halliday

Haring

Mckay

Mackay-Stevens

Simms

It won't be far from this imo. Maybe Ginnelly for GMS at the start, with the other coming on if Rangers tire late on. 

Alertnatively maybe Woodburn instead of either at the start. Ginnelly and GMS coming of in the last 20 minutes, if thing are going well, could be interesting.

It would be too much of a risk to have Halkett and Souttar both starting.

Famous 1874
19 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Well Neilson did start him against the rangers before, didn't he? He seems a technically good player, just doesn't seem to be working for him in our team

Started him out wide at Ibrox where we got pumped 5-0 and he was subbed at half time. 

Felt sorry for him as he is never a winger 

My stomachs in knots. We have a chance here and thats whats cruel. :D 

Robbie and the lads will be legends if they get this over the line. Don't give Collum a decision to make and no rash challenges. 

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It won't be far from this imo. Maybe Ginnelly for GMS at the start, with the other coming on if Rangers tire late on. 

Alertnatively maybe Woodburn instead of either at the start. Ginnelly and GMS coming of in the last 20 minutes, if thing are going well, could be interesting.

It would be too much of a risk to have Halkett and Souttar both starting.

I think GMS does more tracking back than Ginnelly and that could just put him infront. Ginnellys pace later in the game could really stretch them

I've also got a feeling that Halkett wont be fit enough to start or play unless needed. Fingers crossed im wrong

Dick Dastardly
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Started him out wide at Ibrox where we got pumped 5-0 and he was subbed at half time. 

Felt sorry for him as he is never a winger 

Yeah, and he hadn't had much game time until then either. Would love to have seen him get a run of 5 or 6 games at some point in the season but it, obviously, never happened 

Samuel Camazzola
54 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I'm embarrassed for the inclusion of Chick Young and Jonathan Watson. 

Really hard to predict a result or a score.   Both teams fitness in question.   I couldn't predict which team will fall first. 

I will go with a draw and Hearts' to win in extratime.   1-1 or 2-2.  Hearts' to score first then eventually somehow pulling out a win in extratime. 

I hope we have a strong first team  today. 

Enjoy the occasion everyone.  Win, lose or draw its been a good season.   A new season ahead with new signings to look forward to after this cupfinal. 

Nae predictions from me. I'm shitting it from one minute to supreme confidence the next. Butterflies in my belly feel like they have been eaten by a pack of savage tigers. Get in aboot them fi the start.

11 minutes ago, Chong said:

Nae predictions from me. I'm shitting it from one minute to supreme confidence the next. Butterflies in my belly feel like they have been eaten by a pack of savage tigers. Get in aboot them fi the start.

Van Brinkhurst will be aware Robbie gets Hearts to sit in the first half at away matches and not lose goals.

Wish to feck he would ask our professionals to play for the full 90.

Surprise us today Hearts and don't let the 25,000 supporters in the stadium and the many more at home down with another wishy washy tepid first 45.

Good luck to the JTs 

6 minutes ago, Australis said:

Van Brinkhurst will be aware Robbie gets Hearts to sit in the first half at away matches and not lose goals.

Surprise us today Hearts and don't let the 25,000 supporters in the stadium and the many more at home down with another wishy washy tepid first 45.

Good luck to the JTs 

Got it in won!

If we win, are there any plans to celebrate in the city, especially tomorrow?

Will they go to Tynie or Riccarton after the game?

17 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

If we win, are there any plans to celebrate in the city, especially tomorrow?

Will they go to Tynie or Riccarton after the game?

Oops, it's on Hearts website.

29 minutes ago, Australis said:

Good luck to the JTs 

Two first half goals in the semi v the vermin. Thoroughly dominant first 45 mins. 

Was literally last month.

23 minutes ago, yansinjambo365 said:

Anyone know the actual song to the tune of the Atkinson song??

SUPER-Hi - Following the sun

Travelled 400 miles this morning, now on bus passing Ingliston / Newbridge, not seen any maroon yet!!
Am I alone?!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️ 

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Travelled 400 miles this morning, now on bus passing Ingliston / Newbridge, not seen any maroon yet!!
Am I alone?!!

♥️♥️♥️♥️ 

Naw ... we're all here already!!!

tynietigers
9 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Oops, it's on Hearts website.

Tynecastle 👍🏻 I think parade starts later than usual so about 3pm it will start from City of Chambers 👍🏻

Riccarton3

Great seeing the buses leaving from McLeod Street, some in full voice immediately. Also those fans waiting outside the Polwarth. 

Edited by Riccarton3