22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

Anyone been to the shop today and can confirm the ability of long sleeved XLs? Cheers. No wantin to drag ma arse down if there are none there eh 👍🏼

Edited by Mr Sifter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Anyone been to the shop today and can confirm the ability of long sleeved XLs? Cheers. No wantin to drag ma arse down if there are none there eh 👍🏼

They just posted an Instagram story of the shelves full of the new kit, plenty long sleeved included !

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

If it's available online then it should be available in store. Same stock I believe.  

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

Plenty of both long and short sleeves in shop, all sizes from what I could see.

14 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Unlike some, I’m not opposed to sky blue. 
Something along the lines of Man City’s new home kit design would be a good second kit for us, in my view…

BCCBA59E-94C0-4048-9107-29E89ABA28AE.jpeg

Does anyone know why City have frequently had red and black stripes for their away kit historically?

Don't think a green a white striped Hearts away kit would sell well!

1 hour ago, dumpson said:

They just posted an Instagram story of the shelves full of the new kit, plenty long sleeved included !

20 minutes ago, Walrus said:

If it's available online then it should be available in store. Same stock I believe.  

11 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Plenty of both long and short sleeves in shop, all sizes from what I could see.

Thank you all guys 👍🏼

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

501298582_HMFCCrest.jpg.b8b73f8722f7b53511e68e3d5fc66be4.jpg

I'm sure it was fine at the time, but I much prefer what we have at the minute.  Supporters over a certain age will probably prefer the one you've posted because it was they were used to at the time, but aside from retro kits, it just looks a bit dated.

If we made the background on the current one darker to match the colour of the strip it's on, that would be a real winner. 

15 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Does anyone know why City have frequently had red and black stripes for their away kit historically?

Don't think a green a white striped Hearts away kit would sell well!

Extract from an article on this:

“And, as with so much of City’s success in that special, golden period of the late 1960s, the architect behind the bold new look was revered and visionary coach Malcolm Allison.

“The special red and black kit was definitely Malcolm’s idea,” recalls Tommy Booth, one of the totems of that great City side assembled by manager Joe Mercer and Big Mal. He had seen the brilliant AC Milan side of the late 1960s wearing that shirt and Mal said they look awesome in that. They also won a European Cup and Cup Winners Cup wearing red and black stripes, so Mal’s view was: ‘We’ll wear that too.’

Given the association of those colours with United though, I’d agree it does seem a bit strange.

On the other hand, City fans seem to have embraced it without any fuss. Suggest Hearts wear sky blue, and it’s a different matter…

Nookie Bear
6 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Extract from an article on this:

“And, as with so much of City’s success in that special, golden period of the late 1960s, the architect behind the bold new look was revered and visionary coach Malcolm Allison.

“The special red and black kit was definitely Malcolm’s idea,” recalls Tommy Booth, one of the totems of that great City side assembled by manager Joe Mercer and Big Mal. He had seen the brilliant AC Milan side of the late 1960s wearing that shirt and Mal said they look awesome in that. They also won a European Cup and Cup Winners Cup wearing red and black stripes, so Mal’s view was: ‘We’ll wear that too.’

Given the association of those colours with United though, I’d agree it does seem a bit strange.

On the other hand, City fans seem to have embraced it without any fuss. Suggest Hearts wear sky blue, and it’s a different matter…

Why we would have a problem with sky blue, beyond the fact the designs have been poor?

If we produced our own version of that Man City kit then I doubt too many would complain. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

14 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Unlike some, I’m not opposed to sky blue. 
Something along the lines of Man City’s new home kit design would be a good second kit for us, in my view…

BCCBA59E-94C0-4048-9107-29E89ABA28AE.jpeg

That colour with maroon doesn’t work. I hope Hearts never revisit that away top ever again. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry it’s just not HMFC 

Sorry you only speak for yourself not HMFC 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Why we would have a problem with sky blue, beyond the fact the designs have been poor?

If we produced our own version of that Man City kit then I doubt too many would complain. 

Exactly, a change kit is a change, nothing traditional about it 

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Robinson created the new badge to prevent "piracy'...if I recall.

Originally, and he created this specific new badge because the first attempt was roundly rejected, that circular thing

Chizmeister
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

That colour with maroon doesn’t work. I hope Hearts never revisit that away top ever again. 

Agreed, white, grey/silver, black and possibly gold all better with maroon

Chizmeister

Does it have the dell technologies logo on the reverse? The umbro website seems to be selling it with it on, 60 bucks though

Maiden Gorgie

Is it also not true that the symbol in the centre of the old crest has masonic connotations?

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree, but you’ll see from the comments on here that the idea is dismissed by some.

10 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

Is it also not true that the symbol in the centre of the old crest has masonic connotations?

That's interesting, never heard that before.

21 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

Does it have the dell technologies logo on the reverse? The umbro website seems to be selling it with it on, 60 bucks though

I had a look at Umbro site and initially couldn’t see what you were referring to…. and then on the second look I saw it 😱 surely not? It doesn’t look great.

C56B88CA-C51D-42DB-852F-FB0472123DB9.jpeg

CC06923E-E180-49A2-A4AA-9C3E73600EC7.jpeg

Chizmeister
4 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I had a look at Umbro site and initially couldn’t see what you were referring to…. and then on the second look I saw it 😱 surely not? It doesn’t look great.

I don't personally like it on but some will, guess having the option is a good thing but charging extra than the clubstore prices seems a bit cheeky

Bungalow Bill
29 minutes ago, Chizmeister said:

It doesn’t. Just bought a long sleeve for myself. It’s a stunning strip. 

Chizmeister
3 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Glad to hear it's not. Best since 2014/15 I reckon, will definitely be investing 👍

Phil D. Corners
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Does not show it on the club site. Will pissed if it comes with it on.  

Phil D. Corners
15 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Great stuff. 

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

I don't think so, it was just a rubbish football

40 minutes ago, Maiden Gorgie said:

I could tell you - but then I'd need to kill you 😊

Just left the shop this second. Place is heaving. Queue took less than five minutes to go down though, just bought the long sleeved effort. Honest, it’s immense in the flesh 👌🏼

LarrysRightFoot
28 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Just left the shop this second. Place is heaving. Queue took less than five minutes to go down though, just bought the long sleeved effort. Honest, it’s immense in the flesh 👌🏼

Any news on the away? 

39 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Is it a hot barbecue, or maybe a WWII mine cut in half? 

Edited by Wee Mikey

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
14 hours ago, Smithee said:

501298582_HMFCCrest.jpg.b8b73f8722f7b53511e68e3d5fc66be4.jpg

It looks so good on the strip also. 

Effing love this badge and it's the true authentic hearts badge imo. 

copa-mundial

Was in earlier this morning. Got the top for my nephew. Shop was busy then around 10am with buyers. Look like it's going to be a very popular top. 

I must admit I really like it. The colour is right, the crew neck collar is way better, and the sponsor is brilliant. 

Big winner. 

56 minutes ago, Firefox said:

No.You could tell and then need to kill yourself🤘 😉

37 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

It looks so good on the strip also. 

Effing love this badge and it's the true authentic hearts badge imo. 

I still have this one in my vintage scarf 

7FC0ED3B-EC97-4F2E-B6F8-47C2CBDC4D1E.jpeg

50 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Any news on the away? 

They would be absolutely insane to announce it any time soon. 

They hype is high with the home shirt, queues out the door, store crashing online, and demand will be equally high.  They will not want to dilute that by releasing another option, especially as some people will not be able to afford both at the same time at £52 a pop. 

Release one this month, and the other at the start of July, and you keep the interest high for both, and increase your chance of shifting more in total. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It will look fine if you also get the shirt printed with a name and number, but looks totally bizarre without it. Maybe it should have been placed somewhere else, like along the very bottom of the reverse instead of slap bang in the middle. 

Perth to Paisley
16 minutes ago, jonesy said:

He also created the 'Not fit for purpose' mantra about the perfectly suitable Tynie.

We should, within reason, look to rid ourselves of anything he was involved in.

100% agree

This season is very similar to our last 'windfall /SMG season - hopefully we now have the people not to waste it this time.

Samuel Camazzola
7 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It will look fine if you also get the shirt printed with a name and number, but looks totally bizarre without it. Maybe it should have been placed somewhere else, like along the very bottom of the reverse instead of slap bang in the middle. 

The replicas should just be left blank. Would be easier and they look classier too. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Apache Mal said:

As already said, there is no sponsor on the back of the fan strips. 

Sorry, I meant all over. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Any news on the away? 

Never asked anyone to be honest mate. Was straight in, pick up a shirt, then into the queue. Sorry. 

Meant to add earlier guys, someone mentioned that the stock online should match the stock in store? Dunno what online was/is showing…but there were no long sleeved larges in the shop earlier. 

3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Sorry you only speak for yourself not HMFC 

No shit! 🤣

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

It's alright. Just a Hearts home top eh? Can't really get it wrong tbf.

You say that Locky, but compare the new one to the season just gone. Night and day for me pal. Last years collar and daft white lines doon the sleeve versus this slick as **** effort. New one blows last years oot the water for me 👌🏼

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

You say that Locky, but compare the new one to the season just gone. Night and day for me pal. Last years collar and daft white lines doon the sleeve versus this slick as **** effort. New one blows last years oot the water for me 👌🏼

Aye, see what you mean tbf. I usually prefer the minimal traditional look, but I must say I don't mind something that changes it up a bit. It does take me a while to get used to though. 16 year old me was pretty irate when the 10/11 home kit was released. :lol: Love the Ajax template but there was too much white for me. Although looking back, I think it looked terrific. 

Definitely think there's a case for nostalgia impacting our opinions though. I thought the 19/20 kit was lovely when released, early 2000's Errea vibes to it, but the season we ended up having totally put me off that shirt. 11/12 was pretty average but winning the cup has turned that into an iconic shirt, and basically been remade for this season. Not a huge fan of the Puma shirts either because I just associate them with some shite results.

Percival King

Just bought the long sleeved one in the shop. It was a real dilemma - go for XL and have it stretching over my tubby tummy or XXL and it covers my hands. Went for XXL, well what the hell.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Keep it simple and classy and you can’t go wrong

FarmerTweedy
15 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Also there was the one from, I think, 15-16 season, which had an opening for the head/neck so big you could have fitted Shankland's head through it quite comfortably! Looked utterly stupid on, especially on hairy backed/chested folk!

been here before
16 hours ago, Locky said:

Unless its a Queens Park one and you're not the brightest.

Edited by been here before

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )