22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )

Sertse

Percival King
10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I don't get the basic criticism.Imo the best strips are always basic.Get the shade right and keep it simple equals winner.

Agreed. The thing most people on here seemed to want was to keep it simple, not adding unnecessary bits of white or blue or gold, and being a decent shade of maroon. I think they've done that and it’s a cracking top, bit like the 2012 one but without that awful Wonga logo. 

But the goalie top looks like a pair of jammies I had in the 70s.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• tian447

• dannymack

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes a white and maroon reverse of the home strip please! 👍

Has to be, none of the blue nonsense please .

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I actually think the shade is too dark. Very decent tho, clean and minimal 

I think it's a gorgeous colour, I wish they'd sort out the colour on the badge though!

Look, the badge on the wall behind him is updated, why not the kit?

Twists my melon man.

286290993_10228020086274541_264741856833

12 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Agreed. The thing most people on here seemed to want was to keep it simple, not adding unnecessary bits of white or blue or gold, and being a decent shade of maroon. I think they've done that and it’s a cracking top, bit like the 2012 one but without that awful Wonga logo. 

But the goalie top looks like a pair of jammies I had in the 70s.

Gordon giving it a rendition of Boney M after we pump the Hibs 🤣 is what I see

Edited by vegas-voss

Batistuta87
40 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Is there a pattern on it?  Maybe my crap work laptop but it looks plain maroon on here!!

Noice either way.  Love it.

White version for the away please and I'll take the longsleever for 5s

Maybe just them dark glasses, Roy :) 

Yeah there's a very fine light/dark horizontal stripe in the material: 

image.png.4197b1c19c1a7e650967ae0480bef443.png

Also having the LS one. Gonna be a dear month haha - I just bought the 90s GK top then I found a 2014 home top on eBay which I bought, I bought two bottles of the 1/151 whisky, and the wee man will be getting kitted out in this over the weekend, no doubt the full kit with a name and number haha.  

Skint times lol. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Unknown user

This is the new MND Scotland logo being revealed too by the way.

If I win the lottery I'll do something similar, I'll put a couple of million in the pot and give half to the club, half to the independence campaign, and have YES on the kits, front, back and sides. It'll read like the soundtrack to a Ron Jeremy film.

And Ya Bas on the socks.

PhoenixHearts

Just been and picked 2 up (long and short sleeve)

Great colour. If you look really close it actually has a... hooped?.. pattern with two-tone maroon. This is only on the body and the cuffs. Sleeves are made of a different material in only the slightly lighter shade of maroon.  Not really that noticeable from an average distance.

Collar isn't actually round like 2012, it's more of a 2 piece thing with a "priest" style insert at the front. That loses a few marks for me but its still a really nice kit.

Much the same sizing as seasons prior and @tian447 the collar is nice and stretchy.

Screenshot_20220610-160531_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20220610-160517_Instagram.jpg

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Maybe just them dark glasses, Roy :) 

Yeah there's a very fine light/dark horizontal stripe in the material: 

image.png.4197b1c19c1a7e650967ae0480bef443.png

Also having the LS one. 

Hearts in hoops. What a dream. 

36 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Think this will be the last time I post on the subject though as the only reason I have seen it is because a friend showed me, and for respect for their job and respect for the club I will just say I like it and think it is cool.

I would think that most fans will like it, and it is a wee bit different.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

.   .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .     .   .  .   .   .   .   

Either way Hearts will no doubt do a big snazzy launch and hopefully very soon.

Does it have the same MND logo on the front ??, none of this always hearts crap. Really want MND Scotland to be on all the kits 

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Great colour. If you look really close it actually has a... hooped?.. pattern with two-tone maroon. This is only on the body and the cuffs. Sleeves are made of a different material in only the slightly lighter shade of maroon.  Not really that noticeable from an average distance.

Collar isn't actually round like 2012, it's more of a 2 piece thing with a "priest" style insert at the front. That loses a few marks for me but its still a really nice kit.

Much the same sizing as seasons prior and @tian447 the collar is nice and stretchy.

Great effort, thanks for this!  Looks brilliant, I'll be getting my order in soon!

I'm sure I'll manage to squeeze my massive head into my usual size Large :lol: 

PhoenixHearts
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Anyone bought the top yet for a sizing guide? Is a large an actual large etc 

Size one up.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I had a closer look just now.  I think it’s a really smart top and will look better in person.  The sleeves ever so slightly a different tone of maroon going by the pics works well with the different body design. 

Look at me going all Gok Wan…. ::troll::

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

For a young kid he’s a bit of a unit

Obviously trims and pencils his eyebrows.   Drops down the hardness looking grade by half a point.  ::troll::

3 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Indeed…

BD042BE9-9B97-418F-BCDC-D3A8125E33C8.gif

👍🏻  Like to point that out to nippy Tims I ever encounter.  Same as their big cousins, always claiming firsts….🙃

Edited by Debut 4

Percival King
5 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

👍🏻  Like to point that out to nippy Tims I ever encounter.  Same as their big cousins, always claiming firsts….🙃

8 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Indeed…

BD042BE9-9B97-418F-BCDC-D3A8125E33C8.gif

But a few years after Queens Park.

3 minutes ago, Percival King said:

But a few years after Queens Park.

Aye. I never said we were first, just wore them before Celtic 👍🏻

All roads lead to Gorgie

I like it and good vibes about it being like the 2012 cup winning strip. The only thing I could fault is the short sleeve looks a bit tight around the old guns if you work out a lot. I'm sure young Neilson will put that to the test though 😄

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Pretty nice although that collar is a little odd.

Dont mind a white collar but why make go up at the sides? Weird

Not sure about the neck/collar area.  

What does this mean though?

Interlock fabric sleeves to give you a close fit

Does close fit mean tight?  I hope not. I’d look ridiculous. 

The Treasurer
21 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Size one up.

Is this because they are small made or are you still struggling to shift those "lockdown pounds" 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie

After years of not being a fan this one I do like and finally made a donation for the cause again 

Percival King
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye. I never said we were first, just wore them before Celtic 👍🏻

You're right. And we probably never claimed them as our own either.  

Both Hearts and Hibs were playing in hoops at the same time, over a decade before that awful day when Celtic were born.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Think this will be the last time I post on the subject though as the only reason I have seen it is because a friend showed me, and for respect for their job and respect for the club I will just say I like it and think it is cool.

I would think that most fans will like it, and it is a wee bit different.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

Either way Hearts will no doubt do a big snazzy launch and hopefully very soon.

White and maroon horizontal stripes or hoops 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

The goalie top is cool as ****. 

Hopefully our away will be a bit different. 

Was hoping the goalie one was the new away top 😃

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The goalie top is cool as ****. 

Hopefully our away will be a bit different. 

I think it is a monstrosity.  I never not the keeper top anyway, so not too fussed. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Black top this season please. 

We will need something light because the home and third are both dark …………. the rules about what clashes now a days seems to be a lot stricter

indianajones
58 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Mentions both 'hoops' and 'priest' in one post. 

👀

indianajones
Just now, Sooks said:

We will need something light because the home and third are both dark …………. the rules about what clashes now a days seems to be a lot stricter

Yeah. We have seen the home. Top strip IMO. 

Away to be white/light blue based?

Third to be black/blue or both again? Might get used a lot more seen as we are in Europe. 

Just now, indianajones said:

Third to be black/blue or both again? Might get used a lot more seen as we are in Europe. 

I think the third strips are active for two seasons and they always seem to be dark ………….. I have a feeling it will be a nod to the St Andrews hooped one 

13 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I just don’t get the clubs fixation on light blue for our away strip!

A reverse of the home strip will be pure class - white top/maroon shorts/white socks

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I think it's a gorgeous colour, I wish they'd sort out the colour on the badge though!

Look, the badge on the wall behind him is updated, why not the kit?

Twists my melon man.

286290993_10228020086274541_264741856833

7E8DF2BB-1172-42C4-970F-FD6B5121D7BD.jpeg.55dadae73b7b91bc9d2ca9dd4830066c.jpeg

Heres the 2012 shirt which for me still has not been beat in the 10 years that have passed. That’s the colour for me. The new age Maroon almost borders on a dark purple. Maybe will look different in the flesh but I’ve noticed it with all the Budge era shirts. For me half a shade too dark 

Like the new top.

If that's the new goalkeeper top big Graig is wearing in the picture its horrendous lol

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

7E8DF2BB-1172-42C4-970F-FD6B5121D7BD.jpeg.55dadae73b7b91bc9d2ca9dd4830066c.jpeg

Heres the 2012 shirt which for me still has not been beat in the 10 years that have passed. That’s the colour for me. The new age Maroon almost borders on a dark purple. Maybe will look different in the flesh but I’ve noticed it with all the Budge era shirts. For me half a shade too dark 

I agree with this the 2012 maroon is better and I was a bit miffed when they chose the current shade as the official colour 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree with this the 2012 maroon is better and I was a bit miffed when they chose the current shade as the official colour 

It irks me a bit that there is an official colour. So you can never switch it up, you’re locked in 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It irks me a bit that there is an official colour. So you can never switch it up, you’re locked in 

Me too it annoyed me when we did it and it still annoys me now …………. The current shade is more of a black current shade than maroon in my opinion 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I see no need to switching it. Never been a fan of the light maroon, which edges towards pink. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Me too it annoyed me when we did it and it still annoys me now …………. The current shade is more of a black current shade than maroon in my opinion 

And dark maroon is the proper colour of HMFC. I remember back in the 60’s and 70’s the strip almost looked black under the floodlights.

The days of shades of pink and red are thankfully gone for good!

7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The name is locked in

The badge is locked in

The dark maroon is locked in

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to 22-23 Away Kit revealed ( updated )