Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Deevers said:

I reckon that they’ll find it quite difficult to get someone decent in if it’s a case of Ron and his henchmen pulling the strings and making all the critical decisions about signings behind the managers back. Two Americans foisted on the last manager at Ron’s behest, and they probably won’t be the last. “Interesting times” at the Methadrome.

why would anyone sign up for it if they are so ruthless in getting rid of their managers. In particular Jack Ross. ? 

Unrest within dressing room, Melkersen reportedly on 7-9k a week, along with Runar Hauge who's On 5k a week, but has barely played a game yet. 

Player's went to maloney with him going to board, Ron's son involved in transfer negotiations. 

Won't be questioned maloney out the door. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

One thing I am certain of is that they will not appoint a permanent manager that isn’t already at the club right away far too costly I predict Kean but maybe Gray

Saint Jambo

Ruining Maloney's managerial career with two derby defeats in eight days is satisfying payback for the cheating little git's dive in 2005/06.

Far from being a disappointment, this could easily turn out to be just another in a line of quick hire and fire appointments under Ron.

Vlad has Roman and Ron has Ian.  The similarities are striking.

David Grays team talk will be interesting. Basically tell them none of them will be at Hibs in the summer but any chance they could put a shift in to keep them up👋👋👋

All roads lead to Gorgie

It would be great if Mark McGhee would jump ship from Dundee to Lochend :muggy:Got a hibs manager look about him.

1 minute ago, south morroccan said:

Warnock being mentioned on net now. 

I doubt he will come out of retirement for that job

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

TBF, Maloney would be out of his depth in the shallow end of the Commie Pool.

:lolderwood:

upgotheheads

""Our hope in appointing Shaun Maloney as a young, highly regarded coach was that he would help us take the club forward, but ultimately it didn't work out," Gordon announced on Hibs' website."

Being "a highly regarded young coach" is no preparation for managing what should be regarded as a big club, at least by it's own supporters, as we know.

1 minute ago, south morroccan said:

I doubt he will come out of retirement for that job

Boyces beard

We have broken them, it's a long way back for them to start looking and operating like a proper football club.

Fecking Glorious.

FTH

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, south morroccan said:

Hope not I’ve always liked him.

It'll be boot fest desperation now 

What's a bit sad is it sounds like he left so hibs won't need to pay out hos contract 

Edited by Hesh

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

What a mess they are. 

🎵Hibs are falling apart again 🎵.  

Thanks for the memories Shaun 😂😂

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

why would anyone sign up for it if they are so ruthless in getting rid of their managers. In particular Jack Ross. ? 

Exactly - I have a feeling that David Gray will be the next in the firing line. The atmosphere in their dressing room has been described as poisonous with lots of bitching about the salaries being paid to some of the more recent additions down there. An implosion ahead hopefully.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

TBF, Maloney would be out of his depth in the shallow end of the Commie Pool.

LOL  only positive thing about him was he had a nice voice. IMO oh and he lead him to bottom 6 and defeat at Hampden. He was born in Malaysia and lived there till he was 5. Not many people know that. Or probably have no interest in knowing it. :) He will get another job somewhere. They always do. 

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I reckon that they’ll find it quite difficult to get someone decent in if it’s a case of Ron and his henchmen pulling the strings and making all the critical decisions about signings behind the managers back. Two Americans foisted on the last manager at Ron’s behest, and they probably won’t be the last. “Interesting times” at the Methadrome.

True, and actually talk of Malky McKay.  Who knows how that would go in reality.  He's obviously a total bawheid, so not sure how he'd react at not having full control.

The other thing about some like him is Scottish football isn't a big community - he'll know Ross and Maloney and be told of the shitshow there.  He'd be better holding on for a better job.  St Johnstone or Dundee or something like that.

On the other hand, the Hibs support and ex-players' embracing of racism perhaps would appeal, so you never know.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Exactly - I have a feeling that David Gray will be the next in the firing line. The atmosphere in their dressing room has been described as poisonous with lots of bitching about the salaries being paid to some of the more recent additions down there. An implosion ahead hopefully.

They cant help themselves. Very unprofessional and spiteful and bitter if thats their conversations. 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It would be great if Mark McGhee would jump ship from Dundee to Lochend :muggy:Got a hibs manager look about him.

Thats the total loser look " That p.....k  mcghees got to get the job then 🙌🙌🙌🤗🤗🤗🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

gowestjambo
7 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Ruining Maloney's managerial career with two derby defeats in eight days is satisfying payback for the cheating little git's dive in 2005/06.

Far from being a disappointment, this could easily turn out to be just another in a line of quick hire and fire appointments under Ron.

I could not have put it better myself. The most outrageous dive to get Fyssas sent off, which turned the game!!

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

""Our hope in appointing Shaun Maloney as a young, highly regarded coach was that he would help us take the club forward, but ultimately it didn't work out," Gordon announced on Hibs' website."

Being "a highly regarded young coach" is no preparation for managing whatshould be regarded as a big club, at least by it's own supporters, as we know.

Delusional as always

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

My money is on the next man having a strong connection with the USofA

Yup, a soccerball expert.

10 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Malky mckay will get the job I reckon.

I agree  , but if he turns it down they may go for Kevin Thomson.

20 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Now THAT would be just wonderful.  Please, please, please....

I'd think the idea is that they're shitting it at being pulled in to the playoffs and D Gray will be able to get the lads more up for it in these last 5 games than Maloney who very obviously didn't command respect.

However, if Steve Kean gets the job, I'll get the gush.

Interesting take , one despite all thats said publicly Id agree with. There was a group of players at East Mains who did not buy into his ideas. How much that filtered through the rest may never be known. 💯 agree theyve gone to David Gray as a measure to try and avoid being caught. 

His words last week were noted and the ones after the game Id imagine did not go down well. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Stop being heightist.  Its a sensitive subject for some...NOT me never me....:) 

image-23-10-21-06-58-14.gif

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

LOL  only positive thing about him was he had a nice voice. IMO oh and he lead him to bottom 6 and defeat at Hampden. He was born in Malaysia and lived there till he was 5. Not many people know that. Or probably have no interest in knowing it. :) He will get another job somewhere. They always do. 

Tbf it was hibs best ever result against us at the national stadium.

Noooooooooo

gutted as he had them in free fall. However I’m confident the next appointment will be just as shite. Add in the compensation they’ll have to pay out 🤣🤣 was it not 4 year deals ? And they are probably still paying Jack Ross .

oh hibs. Never change

Pasquale for King

Surely Strachan must put his hat in the ring, not sure if he can get on the Pepsi Max ride either but they could use the same tracksuits 😆.

25 minutes ago, MrBones said:

Wonder what wee Shaun thinks of Hibs values now?

It appears they value having a semi competent manager.

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )