Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Learnt from the Stephen Glass experiment. 

No point waiting till October when we said he'd be sacked. 

But again it's the people who appointed him who should leave. 

Bungalow Bill

Gutted by this. I hoped they’d have him for at least another year. Hoping Ron brings in a yank now from the soccer leagues. 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Gutted about that tbh, however..... 

Steve Kean, come on down! 

"After an extensive search we realised the right man was here all along" 

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before 

10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The question is did he walk or was he pushed? Got a feeling he’s seen the writing on the wall there and walked.

Sacked.

Edited by hughesie27

I think Hibs are in big trouble. If he has walked it’s because he is not getting what he wants to rebuild. Oh the wee team is in trouble. Delightful 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Seems totally pointless to do so now, they wouldn't have got relegated with him in charge IMO, now there is an increased chance of a spiral into the play off place,

It's like history repeating itself :rofl: 

They want Sean Dyche, just what planet are they living on ffs :lol: 

kingantti1874

Lol.  Gutted on one hand.  Delighted in the fact it will cost them even more money. And we were the ones to end that little cretin.

Going to cost them some amount to payoff all there people who are on three year contracts and then possibly have to pay a fee for someone who is already in post elsewhere.  They’ll probably go for the cheap option though and look for someone who’s available. 

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Caldwell until the end of the season then another Yes man for Ron the Con.

While we continue to strengthen throughout the summer, they'll be scrambling about for a manager and more loan signings. 

:pleasing:

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

They'll go for Malky MacKay this time.

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Ron the Con strikes again. 

I bet Jack Ross must be laughing his cock off right now.

FTH.

This is what happens when you get folk like Ron the Con involved in football, big egos with no clue about football teams work. Jack Ross was a decent manager going through a tough spell, as was Pat Fenlon when they ditched him, so it just shows that foreign owners know very little of the background of the clubs they buy. Aberdeen made the same mistake, although I must admit that it's ironic that AB did the opposite and stuck with Craig Levein for 6 months too long.

I fear they will go for Malky Mackay though, he's done a great job but I wonder if he will want to go there, given what he's seen.

Appointing a rookie manager mid way through a season with only a January transfer window and selling your best player is damning on the Hibs board.

Anyway, Hibs need to go for someone who has management experience and knows the club.

I'd suggest James McPake. Also has experience of promotion from the Championship and managing in the bottom six.

Robbies right hand man

It doesn’t matter - whoever manages them is dammed to humiliation, defeats and ultimately “hibsing” it 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Going to cost them some amount to payoff all there people who are on three year contracts and then possibly have to pay a fee for someone who is already in post elsewhere.  They’ll probably go for the cheap option though and look for someone who’s available. 

McManus would be a good shout but unfortunately not involved in the game..

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

This is what happens when you get folk like Ron the Con involved in football, big egos with no clue about football teams work. Jack Ross was a decent manager going through a tough spell, as was Pat Fenlon when they ditched him, so it just shows that foreign owners know very little of the background of the clubs they buy. Aberdeen made the same mistake, although I must admit that it's ironic that AB did the opposite and stuck with Craig Levein for 6 months too long.

I fear they will go for Malky Mackay though, he's done a great job but I wonder if he will want to go there, given what he's seen.

Malky McKay would be good for their values

WorldChampions1902

Well, that news has spoiled what has been a very enjoyable last 10 days. But then I thought about what is unlikely to unfold over their remaining 5 games. Play-offs are just a bit more likely now. :sweeet:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

If this was Romanov and not Ron the Con, the Scottish media would be all over the shambles that it is Hibs.

Good point.

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It's like history repeating itself :rofl: 

They want Sean Dyche, just what planet are they living on ffs :lol: 

Naw? Really? Sean Dyche?

Bwaaaaaaahahahaha:rofl: 

Hope fully McGinn goes nowhere and what is left of the Boyle cash has been spent on tellies and new pitches because with their projected shite season tickets and lack of cash from this season they will be next to pot less

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They've still got deferred wages from the first lockdown to pay out as well perhaps?

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

I reckon that they’ll find it quite difficult to get someone decent in if it’s a case of Ron and his henchmen pulling the strings and making all the critical decisions about signings behind the managers back. Two Americans foisted on the last manager at Ron’s behest, and they probably won’t be the last. “Interesting times” at the Methadrome.

JudyJudyJudy

Delightful. The gift which keeps giving every year about this time. 

Should have kept Jack Ross really. Maloney was out of his depth.

image-23-10-21-12-07-1.gif

What did they expect ? 🤣😅😂 for wee Shaun the sheep to turn the big team over in a high pressure match at Hampden? With that team/squad ? Hehehehe, I'm actually gutted he's away though, he really would have taken them down if he was given the chance. Shame. Hopefully their next appointment is just as terrible.

WorldChampions1902
10 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Thanks for everything Maloney  I will raise a half pint to you on Saturday👍

I’ll open a miniature a join you!

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )