Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Crikey! Even the goals on that clip are Maloney/Johnson sized. 😋

Wee team mentality 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WheatfieldWarrior
17 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

https://youtu.be/XVcGPv7T6AM

Stendl tactics without the rope

Or pay £5.62 for in-depth analysis of his tactics  

Rope - LOL.  It's a shoe string just like their budget for coaching staff.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

“All I can do is come and offer you blood, sweat and tears and nothing else. That’s all I can do, be all in to the club."

Well, at least he seems to have a plan:interehjrling:

7 hours ago, JAYEL said:

https://youtu.be/XVcGPv7T6AM

Stendl tactics without the rope

Or pay £5.62 for in-depth analysis of his tactics  

Appleton has a video on there too. Coincidence? Or did Hibs look at youtube and think CV stood for Coaches Voice...... 

13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Appleton has a video on there too. Coincidence? Or did Hibs look at youtube and think CV stood for Coaches Voice...... 

On a related topic have Sunderland just decided that they prefer being a league 1 club now a days 

Must be the most underwhelming appointment ever.  Not a whelm in sight.  Cathro was an exciting appointment.  Didn't work.  Covid took care of Stendel.

But this!

It will be the usual scenario with Hibs.  He does well, he's away.  He does badly, he's away.  My honest thoughts are that if he had been announced Hearts manager I would have been very underwhelmed.  

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I dunno ... but he was VERY impressed with their ST vids (the other candidates ran a mile):-

https://fb.watch/axvVxzF10f

“This is our city”  😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s actually way past the point of delusion, it’s borderline scary where their mindset is taking them. “This is our city” based on absolutely zero evidence and, the very opposite can be clearly evidenced by actual facts which they gloss over:

1.  We have a better record of wins against them home and away (by a country mile)

2.  Hampden results

3.  FOH

4.  Fan ownership

5.  Bigger support

6.  Etc

7.   Etc

Mind you, their aggregate European defeat dwarves anything Scottish football has ever seen so I’ll give them that one 👍

Please fill in the gaps…..I know there’s many more “facts”

7 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

It’s actually way past the point of delusion, it’s borderline scary where their mindset is taking them. “This is our city” based on absolutely zero evidence and, the very opposite can be clearly evidenced by actual facts which they gloss over:

1.  We have a better record of wins against them home and away (by a country mile)

2.  Hampden results

3.  FOH

4.  Fan ownership

5.  Bigger support

6.  More League Titles

7.  More Scottish Cups

8.  More League Cups

9.  Accredited living wage paying empolyer

Mind you, their aggregate European defeat dwarves anything Scottish football has ever seen so I’ll give them that one 👍

added a few more

Edited by milky_26

Voice of reason
30 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

2.  Hampden results

3.  FOH

4.  Fan ownership

5.  Bigger support

6.  Etc

7.   Etc

https://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_table/sco-premiership/

I think the all-time league table sets out clearly who’s city this is.

45 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are we not on four league titles each

damn it, i mis read that they had 3, remove that one

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

It will be the usual scenario with Hibs.  He does well, he's away.  He does badly, he's away.  My honest thoughts are that if he had been announced Hearts manager I would have been very underwhelmed.  

He did well at Bristol C but seemed to come up short when it really mattered (he spent a lot of money there).

But at Sundeland he was regarded as being pretty "safe" and the new manager revamped the team , introducing a lot of the younsgters - and the rest is history. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

2.  Hampden results

3.  FOH

4.  Fan ownership

5.  Bigger support

6.  Tynecastle win

7.   Easter Road wins 😆

8. League wins

9. Cup win

10. Trophies
11. League placings

12. Finances 

we need to stretch our legs and pull away from these fools once and for all 

34 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

damn it, i mis read that they had 3, remove that one

I would remove all four if I was permitted

John Findlay

As seems to be the normal nowadays.

Hibs do their talking in the media. We do ours on the pitch.

Tasavallan

Yet in comparison to the little people that dwell in Hobbiton, Robbie Neilson towers over his players...

Robbie Neilson & Cammy Devlin

"Fans can expect an attacking style..."

Easiest foot in the door with the vermin.  It's probably a stock clause in the contract to say it.

Tasavallan
15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As seems to be the normal nowadays.

Hibs do their talking in the media. We do ours on the pitch.

The disadvantage of having that sycophant Aidan Smith drooling over your every word.

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The disadvantage of having that sycophant Aidan Smith drooling over your every word.

Not really heard much from Smith, recently. 

In reality, getting  into the top 6 next season will be the aim.Talking about gunning for Hearts will appeal to the hard of thinking, though. Sounds like Ron wrote his script.

wentworth jambo
17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Easiest foot in the door with the vermin.  It's probably a stock clause in the contract to say it.

Just another managerial cliche - up there with treat the opponent with respect, one game at a time, etc. Has anyone ever taken a new role and told the press "I'm a right negative ba5tard, I'll be parking the bus every game hoping to scrape a series of nil-nils"

10 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Not really heard much from Smith, recently. 

In reality, getting  into the top 6 next season will be the aim.Talking about gunning for Hearts will appeal to the hard of thinking, though. Sounds like Ron wrote his script.

Traipsing around hospitals in a white coat pretending to be a doctor while keeping a diary of fantasies that he has experienced along the way no doubt 

3 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Just another managerial cliche - up there with treat the opponent with respect, one game at a time, etc. Has anyone ever taken a new role and told the press "I'm a right negative ba5tard, I'll be parking the bus every game hoping to scrape a series of nil-nils"

Csaba was not far off saying that with his one nil is the most beautiful score line in football shite

41 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Wait until he sees the dross that he's hoping to do that with.

Just now, briever said:

Wait until he sees the dross that he's hoping to do that with.

It is fine he has lots of contacts in League 1 apparently : - D

18 hours ago, norrie1952 said:

Heard 2 of them talking this morning.The words ‘yes man’ being banded about.Not happy hobbits.

Exactly what they have got. Amazing how anyone with any sort of gravitas  quickly counted themselves out of the “plumb job”. Instead they got someone who was unemployed and would cost them nothing and will do exactly what he’s told. I’d be worried if I was in their shoes. Very worried.

Unknown user
33 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Already admitted his team is not one of the big boys lol

He isn't one of the big boys

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Opened this thinking he'd been sacked already. 

won’t take long the hobos hate him already 

5 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Opened this thinking he'd been sacked already. 

I wonder if he gets sacked if Hibs will be on a record for concurrent ex managers still on the payroll :D 

On 21/05/2022 at 09:18, Deevers said:

Exactly what they have got. Amazing how anyone with any sort of gravitas  quickly counted themselves out of the “plumb job”. Instead they got someone who was unemployed and would cost them nothing and will do exactly what he’s told. I’d be worried if I was in their shoes. Very worried.

H1b5 threw out a few "big" names to try and help sell season tickets and each one of them quickly ruled themselves out.

Johnson is the cheapest option and you are spot on, he'll do exactly as Ron says.

If he doesn't get off to a good start, the Hobos will be calling for his head.

The Old Tolbooth
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Outstanding 

Marshall never said anything of the sort, it's just that shit stained manky godforsaken rag trying to generate clickbait again, shut them down and do everyone a favour. 

Brick Tamland

Apologies if it’s posted somewhere else but apparently they are looking to sign Cole Stockton, proper shitting myself at that :clyay:

Wonder when Lee Johnsons name will move to the left of the forward slash next season and the next nodding dog puppet appointed

Bit of fun chat at the weekend about how Hibs were basically being laughed at down south - apparently RontheCon phoning folk right left and centre about the job and folk just wondering who the hell he is.  Sounded like an amateur dafty by the sounds of it.  Also makes you think Lee was about 50th choice.

Seems a surprise Johnson has taken it cos he's quite a modern coach, who likes modern recruitment etc, but then perhaps the American model "moneyball" type thing appeals.  A slight what have I got myself into type thing.

Apparenly Kinsella wants out as totally baffles by what he's got HIMSELF into!  And Ron genuinely wants to sell if he can.

Not a pretty scene.  Or, very very beautiful.  Depends on your outlook I guess.

Compare this to when they brough Jack in - around same time as we were making a bit of a pigs ear of replacing Levein - when their recruitment of a new manager was very professional indeed.  Love how batshit they've got so quickly!  I'd be genuinely concerned if I was a Hibby.  I really don't think it's going to take too much for that to go properly south, and I mean an "event".

On 24/05/2022 at 15:37, Mikey1874 said:

Outstanding 

Come ahead lob boy!!🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

35 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Compare this to when they brough Jack in - around same time as we were making a bit of a pigs ear of replacing Levein - when their recruitment of a new manager was very professional indeed.  Love how batshit they've got so quickly!

This was during the time Leeann Dempster was their CEO. I know many on here have a very low opinion of her but Motherwell had a good couple of seasons when she was there, Hibs may well have managed to Hibs it but she was their CEO when they won the cup, she's now at Queens Park who have just been promoted. Senior management at Hearts have been complimentary about her ability, perhaps the Hibs owners and fans are realising their mistakes now.