Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shocked 

I didn't get past "Massive, iconic, historical club ..." 🤮

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

highlandjambo3
23 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Floodlights 

First to play in Europe

Hospitality

Found this mildly amusing

Hospitality - Hibernian FC

I got to this part in their “Pioneer” lounge:

“Hibernian Football Club have been one of the great innovators in Scottish Football and continues to be such.”     

Just what the actual ***!!!

A complete and utter shit show of a season and this gets spouted out.  I take it the hospitality PR gurus don’t actually follow any of the clubs exploits on the pitch at all and, the proof reader of all things hibs was on annual leave when this was spewed out😂

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Lee Johnson appointed Hibs manager on four-year deal as Ron Gordon hails 'perfect fit' he's smaller than me. FTH

FTHpSETWUAAfpf9.jpeg.jpg

Can somebody get in a Pepsi max hight restriction in there behind him.

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

4 years for some league one riddy former Hearts failure. 

He's got a 100% win record in the Edinburgh derby which is more than most Hibs players or managers can claim.

I'm happy, for the benefit of Hibs supporters, to label him a Hearts failure but it was at the height of Vlad madness. Brought in by Rix - never stood a chance. I assume he was injured out of his playing career?

Jean Louis Valois
1 hour ago, Weebroon98 said:

4 year deal 😂😂😂😂😂. He'll be lucky to last 6 months. I see that david gray has been kept on too, he must have pictures of someone hidden away. 

Mr Personality. Always looks like a guy who Takes himself way to seriously.

8 minutes ago, Chong said:

I wanted to get my hair cut like Lee Johnson and the barber gave me a wee booster seat to sit on.

Lol, the laughter came from the soles of my feet. 😁

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

If they have a poor first few months, how long before the  connoisseurs of flair start  demanding he be sacked on account of his Hearts connection. 

"Feck off, ya useless yam ****"   or words to that effect.   

They do seem to love appointing folk with a Hearts connection.  Donald Park, Grant Murray, Lee Makel, Billy Brown, David Gray, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson.....  😎

I know he was at Hibs as a player but Willie Ormond went back as Eddie Turnbull's assistant in 1980 after leaving us .He then took over when Turnbull left but didn't last long as he was in poor health. I know my dad wasn't happy when Ormond joined us.

2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Lee Johnson appointed Hibs manager on four-year deal as Ron Gordon hails 'perfect fit' he's smaller than me. FTH

FTHpSETWUAAfpf9.jpeg.jpg

I miss Subutteo : - (

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

That club never fails us.

4 years 🤣🤣 

He is their 3rd manager in 6 months. 

Jack Ross still lead contender for Hibs Manager of the Season.

Maple Leaf
15 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

I know he was at Hibs as a player but Willie Ormond went back as Eddie Turnbull's assistant in 1980 after leaving us .He then took over when Turnbull left but didn't last long as he was in poor health. I know my dad wasn't happy when Ormond joined us.

It was not a popular appointment.

mickycameron98

I don't think it will work out but tbf to him he comes across far better in an interview than Maloney did.

I thought he was a decent player who was treated a bit harshly under Romanov but it's still something to see him described by the Sun as "former Hearts ace".

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Costanza said:

I thought he was a decent player who was treated a bit harshly under Romanov but it's still something to see him described by the Sun as "former Hearts ace".

He was good at Killie.  I always thought his old man was a good manager and he got jobs because of it. 

A Shoreditch Heart
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

It was not a popular appointment.

I was only a kid at the time and didn't really know about the hibs connection, but I always thought that it was a bit of coup that we got Ormond. He had put together the best national side in my lifetime and left to join us in that terrible mid '70's period and sort of got us back on track as a football team again. There was no google back then and the only 'famous five' to me were books by Enid Blyton. 

Edited by A Shoreditch Heart

I'm fuming.

Hibs have done this deliberately to steal our Cup final thunder.

😄

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, leipzig76 said:

There were a lot of disgruntled Hearts fans when Ormond was appointed Hearts manager. Loads took the view that because of his Hibs DNA, he would never be up to the job.

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

You've got to hand it to the lad, though.   He's clearly prepared well for the interview process - just keep mentioning  "attacking football" and "flair".    :clyay:

Has he seen their squad 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

He meant hysterical.  We all make mistakes.

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

You've got to hand it to the lad, though.   He's clearly prepared well for the interview process - just keep mentioning  "attacking football" and "flair".    :clyay:

It is like the episode of Family Guy where Lois just keeps answering questions about her candidacy with ……. 911

Cheap option. Everyone else mentioned would have cost them real money.  Four year contract for Johnson,  bet your bottom dollar that there’s a severance clause in there.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Cheap option. Everyone else mentioned would have cost them real money.  Four year contract for Johnson,  bet your bottom dollar that there’s a severance clause in there.

Oh yes

4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Heard that too,  made me chuckle.  Think it could be entertaining listening to him spout shite at press conferences  mind you.

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Shame this is the icon 

💩

16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did he mention their state of the art training centre

I dunno ... but he was VERY impressed with their ST vids (the other candidates ran a mile):-

https://fb.watch/axvVxzF10f

Edited by Wee Mikey

Old Pivotonian
4 hours ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

I was only a kid at the time and didn't really know about the hibs connection, but I always thought that it was a bit of coup that we got Ormond. He had put together the best national side in my lifetime and left to join us in that terrible mid '70's period and sort of got us back on track as a football team again. There was no google back then and the only 'famous five' to me were books by Enid Blyton. 

At the time there were stories of his love of a wee whisky. Seems he had  a prodigious drouth which may have affected his managerial  talents.   Just passing on the gossip. 

Old Pivotonian
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Did he mention their state of the art training centre

Presumably they first pointed out the floodlights, the early-adoption of European competition, the BIG screens, and the Brazil coaching manual. Why leave yourself short by just boasting about the East Lothian Emmerdale?

22games nro
7 hours ago, Australis said:

He must have given some interview to be ahead of Tomasson, Keane, Mowbray and the rest.

He is seemingly good with trendy catchphrases and witty one liners.

He thinks outside the circle, then blames the players when the circle closes in.

I believe he got over the line with the statement 

Im  50% cheaper than anyone else you plan to interview 

20 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

I believe he got over the line with the statement 

Im  50% cheaper than anyone else you plan to interview 

The last game Lee Johnson managed for Sunderland 2022 they got beat 6-0 off Bolton then sacked, some pedigree!!!!

He must be amazed to get a job.

Will be a star for Hearts. 

He must be delighted with a 4 year deal.

They're in  serious danger of relegation next season, it should be fun to watch. 

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

"Passive, ironic, hysterical club..."

43 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Well, I'm not so sure about the blood & sweat bit of this quote from 👆, but there'll be plenty of tears.

“All I can do is come and offer you blood, sweat and tears and nothing else. That’s all I can do, be all in to the club."

Screenshot_20220519-232040_Gallery.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, I'm not so sure about the blood & sweat bit of this quote from 👆, but there'll be plenty of tears.

And a fair few snotters as well I expect.  That's OK though, as snotters don't show on a green jersey.

12 minutes ago, RobNox said:

And a fair few snotters as well I expect.  That's OK though, as snotters don't show on a green jersey.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂