Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )

jamboinglasgow

The best thing about this appointment is how they arrived at it after pretending to be interested in the big names the whole process was like narrowly losing Bulls Eye and them wheeling out the speed boat that you could have won ……………. then getting handed a small shite toy figurine by a shady looking used car sales man

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Rudy T

• Wee Mikey

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PapaShango
9 hours ago, Alec Eiffel said:

My memory of Jamie McAllister was that he was proficient at the cross field pass.

My memory is him making an absolute james hunt of it against Motherwell in the league cup semi final that got us knocked out! 

David McCaig
20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wee Lee…as we used to call him. 

As in Wee Lee Johnson, cannae ride the Pepsi Max?

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

My memory is him making an absolute james hunt of it against Motherwell in the league cup semi final that got us knocked out! 

aye but he did score the second goal fro Livvy against the Hobbits in the cup final

mickycameron98

When's their big announcement? I'm sure they're dying to greet their new management team 😂

It was a bizarre move from Hibs to make everything public with regards to Tomasson. Surely they should have sounded out his agent in terms of wages etc as I don't believe for a second Johnson is the better candidate. 

wentworth jambo

On confirming Wee Lee, I'm expecting the MSM to be hounding him on who is actually signing the players etc....that's what they do, isn't it ?

Rick Sanchez

I see Chris Mueller scored away at NY Red Bulls, as did Shaqiri. Lewis Morgan scored in the same game.

So many levels over there just mingled in.

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not a camp foto at all😁

"Now, guys; let's get the line dancing sorted."

Screenshot_20220519-111843_Chrome.jpg

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

It was a bizarre move from Hibs to make everything public with regards to Tomasson. Surely they should have sounded out his agent in terms of wages etc as I don't believe for a second Johnson is the better candidate. 

I suspect some clubs do it so they can make out they tried to get big names but they just fell through rather than admit to the fans that the new manager was the standard they were always going for. They could even throw in a comment like "despite our generous offer wages, sadly some managers were asking for too much" and throw in a line about ensuring the club is protected from overspending. Or at the very least get the press to say that. 

The Treasurer

As they are planning to announce this in between the Europa final and the SC final it reminds me of the phrase "a good day to bury bad news"

The Scottish media will be too busy with their obituaries from Seville to give this more than a couple of lines in their rags, apart from the hibs fanzine that is the EEN of course, which will have him as a  Fergie/Klopp/Pep hybrid

wentworth jambo

Latest pearl of wisdom on lochend.net - some wag thinks they would sell 15k season tickets if they appoint Jon Dahl Tomasson :vrface:

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, Jim Rusty said:

Own up…who did this? 😂😂😂5371CC79-0FCA-4754-952E-4C6015557CD0.thumb.jpeg.a11294ae78aeb78d92424b172be646de.jpeg

It’s been removed 😆

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I suspect some clubs do it so they can make out they tried to get big names but they just fell through rather than admit to the fans that the new manager was the standard they were always going for. They could even throw in a comment like "despite our generous offer wages, sadly some managers were asking for too much" and throw in a line about ensuring the club is protected from overspending. Or at the very least get the press to say that. 

It seems to have had the opposite effect, majority of Hibs fans disappointed they’ve ended up with Johnson.

jamboinglasgow

Thats it been announced, a 4 year deal! Why any club in Scotland is looking to give a contract that long when the average manager is lucky if they last a season and a half up here, I am not sure.

• davemclaren changed the title to Maloney / Hibs - Lee Johnson appointed ( Merged )
colinmorewasgash

Lee Johnson appointed Hibs manager on four-year deal as Ron Gordon hails 'perfect fit' he's smaller than me. FTH

FTHpSETWUAAfpf9.jpeg.jpg

Shooter McGavin

Four year deal 😂

Aren’t they still paying Jack Ross’ wages?

Hopefully we get this vertically challenged goon sacked and they’ll end up with 4 managers on their payroll.

Tasavallan
2 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Lee Johnson appointed Hibs manager on four-year deal as Ron Gordon hails 'perfect fit' he's smaller than me. FTH

FTHpSETWUAAfpf9.jpeg.jpg

Is Ross and Maloney still on gardening leave?

4 years 🤣🤣🤣

Suppose it would be the only thing that would entice him knowing he was second choice 🤣🤣

Weebroon98

4 year deal 😂😂😂😂😂. He'll be lucky to last 6 months. I see that david gray has been kept on too, he must have pictures of someone hidden away. 

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

4 year deal 😂😂😂😂😂. He'll be lucky to last 6 months. I see that david gray has been kept on too, he must have pictures of someone hidden away. 

I would be very surprised if owner or manager are there in 4 years time.  

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

That club never fails us.

4 years 🤣🤣 

He is their 3rd manager in 6 months. 

Is that not similar to when we got Robbie back?

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Is that not similar to when we got Robbie back?

No not really. Stendell lasted 6 months but was let go because we got demoted. As far as I know it was a release clause we excercised.

Hibs are still shelling out comp to Jack Ross and his team , and Sean Maloney and his team.

another manager in Lee Johnson in now for 4 years and more assistants

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

No not really. Stendell lasted 6 months but was let go because we got demoted. As far as I know it was a release clause we excercised.

Hibs are still shelling out comp to Jack Ross and his team , and Sean Maloney and his team.

Cool, no worries :)

A 4 year contract and the wee team fans are disappointed it is him who got the job.

It's like a crash and burn scenario.

Wait until he starts singling out the players for the blame at the end of each Mach when it goes wrong.

He is notorious for that.

It wisnae me.

Lone Striker

If they have a poor first few months, how long before the  connoisseurs of flair start  demanding he be sacked on account of his Hearts connection. 

"Feck off, ya useless yam ****"   or words to that effect.   

They do seem to love appointing folk with a Hearts connection.  Donald Park, Grant Murray, Lee Makel, Billy Brown, David Gray, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson.....  😎

Edited by Lone Striker

1 minute ago, Australis said:

A 4 year contract and the wee team fans are disappointed it is him who got the job.

It's like a crash and burn scenario.

Wait until he starts singling out the players for the blame at the end of each Mach when it goes wrong.

He is notorious for that.

It wisnae me.

Johnson has rightly so IMO refused to sign for anything less than 4yrs - who can blame him.

Ex member of the SaS

Sorry but there was a misprint in the media reports, It's not 4 years it's 4 months. ( starting now.)

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, briever said:

Johnson has rightly so IMO refused to sign for anything less than 4yrs - who can blame him.

Aye... and wasn't the reason Appleton didn't take the job a couple of years back due to some clause about early dismissal or compensation ? 

Tasavallan
27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Stendell went back to Germany due to lockdown rather than remain in Edinburgh with no football.   Mrs Budge exercised the release clause and brought in Robbie.

He must have given some interview to be ahead of Tomasson, Keane, Mowbray and the rest.

He is seemingly good with trendy catchphrases and witty one liners.

He thinks outside the circle, then blames the players when the circle closes in.

6 minutes ago, Weebroon98 said:

0D25D848-0B6E-4B91-A0B2-6E108DF2D9BD.png

Looks like he always managed a bigger club for his next job, then along came the wee team.

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Australis said:

He must have given some interview to be ahead of Tomasson, Keane, Mowbray and the rest.

He is seemingly good with trendy catchphrases and witty one liners.

He thinks outside the circle, then blames the players when the circle closes in.

😃   Was there actually any truth in the Tomasson interest ?      

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shocked 

You've got to hand it to the lad, though.   He's clearly prepared well for the interview process - just keep mentioning  "attacking football" and "flair".    :clyay: