• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

20 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Birkirkara were a penalty shoot out away from knocking West Ham out of Europe the previous season. Sligo though? Are they even a professional outfit?

No idea but they are at least capable of stringing three passes together something Motherwell seem totally hopeless at.

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Motherwell will struggle this season

On this evidence Motherwells best hope of avoiding relegation will be having StJ and Hibs in the same league.

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

To be fair no one has said recently that Motherwell are improving.

They improved last season enough to qualify for Europe.  Start with a clean slate this season though and might be bottom 6 this season.  Shocking start for them though.  Don’t get me wrong, I’d be pissing myself if it was Hibs, Rangers or Celtic but I’d rather the others didn’t embarrass our league. 

Motherwell will be bottom of the league by November, sack Alexander, stay up by the skin of there teeth in the play offs next season 

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

A year ago O’Donnell playing at the euros and now can’t get a game against Sligo 

They are an Embarrassment 

Cory McNamara
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They improved last season enough to qualify for Europe.  

How can you improve with 3 wins (one against Hearts) in the league since December?

6 minutes ago, connlach said:

Watching Motherwell and they are absolutely horse sh!t 🤣🤣

Team of big lumps and play direct football. Old school. Used to think van veen is decent but he’s not been at it either

RustyRightPeg

Motherwell my tip to go down this year. They are rank rotten. 

Fans hate the manager, barely won a game after Xmas and scraped into europe off a last minute draw at Livi. 

15 minutes ago, connlach said:

Watching Motherwell and they are absolutely horse sh!t 🤣🤣

I'm enjoying Craigan's contributions to the commentary. 

:cry_smile: :cry_smile::cry_smile:

:jj:

Салатные палочки

Sligo are no mugs but a better and more organised Scottish side would be through to the next round.

2 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

No wonder some English commentators think we’re a pub league

???

Everyone knows it's a pub league, everyone.

Because it is.

That is just a total embarrassment for Scottish football . Motherwell could have played all night and wouldn't have scored in barrel load of ******s 

You need to deserve it to get support of other fans. It's not automatic to 'support the Scottish teams'. 

Motherwell following Hibs getting pumped from Conference League first chance they could. 

Gone without even scoring. Barely a shot on target.

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Long overdue it is too.

He got an off field booking before coming on.    Then scores the last goal to secure next round.   🤣   Motherwell are bottom six along with Hibs, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Kilmarnock.   Maybe Livingston as well, since they are rebuilding. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You need to deserve it to get support of other fans. It's not automatic to 'support the Scottish teams'. 

Motherwell following Hibs getting pumped from Conference League first chance they could. 

Gone without even scoring. Barely a shot on target.

I agree. It looks so hollow when teams give big celebrations in May have got European qualification only to give such a pathetic display when they actually play the qualifying.

I would say you want to see Scottish clubs at least build on where they finish and give themselves a chance. Dundee united look like they are trying to build from last season and seem to have some good signings, so even though they have a tough tie against AZ Alkmaar, I do believe they will at least give it as good a go as they can.

Just feels like someone else should have had shot in Europe rather than Motherwell.

jamboinglasgow
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Fans hate the manager, barely won a game after Xmas and scraped into europe off a last minute draw at Livi. 

I think it will be between them and St Johnstone. St Mirren close as well. 

Central Belt 1874

What an absolute embarrassment for Motherwell FC. 

Must be in the mix for relegation unless serious change happens at that club in the next few months. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Motherwell are hopeless. I would be worried if I was a Motherwell fan. Then again I still dont understand how they managed to get top 6 and Europe last season as they seemed to stumble into it.

They managed it basically because there was next to nothing between the teams from 4th down to 10th. They were pretty much all the same level of utter mediocrity (going into the last pre-split round of fixtures, any one of them could still have made the top 6 and none of them were guaranteed it), and they just happened to scrape into 6th with two late goals against Livi, then scraped ahead of Ross County over the last 5 games.  Dundee Utd could just about argue reasonably that they were narrowly the best of that bunch, but the rest pretty much could have cut a pack of cards to decide their positions with as much relevance to actual football ability as going by the results. Motherwell were just a wee bit luckier than the rest below them.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

they played 2 friendlies before the first leg. That’s utterly appalling management and especially as Sligo had player a dozen or so league games. 

Yep, completely unprepared. It's not the easiest situation, tbf, in that the ties at this stage come pretty early. You could usually argue the relevant clubs should start their preseason a bit earlier to be more ready, but that is risky in that if you do that, there's a danger your players don't get enough of a close-season break and start to suffer more physical and/or mental fatigue in the new season, but in this case, they surely could and should have had at least another couple of friendlies fitted into their schedule prior to the first leg?

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Van Veen. Better off with Dick Van Dyke.

Disgusting that pish took points off us.

like St Johnstone it’s infuriating.

14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They managed it basically because there was next to nothing between the teams from 4th down to 10th. They were pretty much all the same level of utter mediocrity (going into the last pre-split round of fixtures, any one of them could still have made the top 6 and none of them were guaranteed it), and they just happened to scrape into 6th with two late goals against Livi, then scraped ahead of Ross County over the last 5 games.  Dundee Utd could just about argue reasonably that they were narrowly the best of that bunch, but the rest pretty much could have cut a pack of cards to decide their positions with as much relevance to actual football ability as going by the results. Motherwell were just a wee bit luckier than the rest below them.

100%

I think hibs were an open goal away from getting top 6 before our derby, and that likely cost them Europe as well. Delighted obviously but your bang on. A baw hair separates them all

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Guaranteed they’ll still take points of us though!  This will be one off Scotland’s worst ever results in Europe.  And people try to tell us Scottish football is improving!  I’m not seeing it.  It’s still a shite standard.   Our clubs never ever used to lose to teams from Ireland, Malta, Luxembourg, etc but it’s starting to happen on a regular basis (Rangers even have the Luxembourg embarrassment to their name).

A Scottish team got to the Europa League final last season. 🤷‍♂️

I don't even find it funny, it's honestly embarrassing, what a shambles.

Well done to Sligo Rovers and thanks to Motherwell for making Scottish football look tinpot again.

To be fair, DU have made what looks like some decent signings - fingers crossed they can put on a decent show in their tie. 

Motherwell - utterly embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Utd are going to get skelped too, unfortunately

Can understand that one at least 

HeartsandonlyHearts
23 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Utd are going to get skelped too, unfortunately

Hope you’re right.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

A Scottish team got to the Europa League final last season. 🤷‍♂️

Yep don't think he'll respond somehow 

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

like St Johnstone it’s infuriating.

I didn’t quite pick it up right but I heard someone mention either 15 years or 15 games since we won at their place…. Something utterly ridiculous anyways. 

Ricardo Quaresma
21 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Hope you’re right.

:rofl:

37 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Can understand that one at least 

Well, if I remember right (not that I was there) AZ were the 1st team to win the old UEFA cup

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts