• Heartsmad1874

• JimmyCant

• hughesie27

19 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Noon, in Nyon

I take it money talked when UEFA HQ finished up in a tiny town in Switzerland 

Edited by Rockwell

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Take plenty money for Zurich then…and then some more. Eye watering expensive. 

Hmmmm. I was in Basel around Christmas and it wasn’t bad. Edinburgh prices, which is bad enough I suppose but it wasn’t wallet draining. Sweden (Malmö) is hugely expensive 

If you want cheap you’re probably looking at one of the Slovak/Baltic’s or Hungary at a push

Edited by JimmyCant

Ricardo Quaresma
22 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

That link previously had a load of information on it about the draw - now only showing the date and time.  Assume they're in the process of updating with further info on how exactly the draw will work.

Maybe they think everyone has had enough time to read that information?

11 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

I take it money talked when UEFA HQ finished up in a tiny town in Switzerland 

Platini's but 'n ben

Think I'll save my money for the Europa League Final. 

How many LP's will we need?

Thought Police
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Think I'll save my money for the Europa League Final. 

How many LP's will we need?

Knowing Uefa we'd get about 1000 tickets, so 150.

joondalupjambo
2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Take plenty money for Zurich then…and then some more. Eye watering expensive. 

Spot on.  We were there just before Covid for a holiday and stayed in the Placid Hotel Design.  We had the best breakfast ever though and ate as much as we could in the morning so we could keep going until an evening meal.  Now that was wild, 20 quid for a single main course curry with nan, each in a run of the mill eatery!!!  Rice was extra!!  Do not even ask what the cost of a beer was, mind blowing.  The hotel at the moment now looks around 200 quid a night.

Anyway this modern style hotel is just a few minutes from the Stadion Letzigrund which is shared by FC Zurich and Grasshoppers so assume if we draw FC that is where we would be playing.  Honestly on one hand this is the last place we would want to go to in terms of cost however it is a great city, weather would be perfect and everything is top notch and transport works on is always on time!!

Heartsmad1874
3 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Not necessarily

How do you mean? We will be drawn against either one of the 5 winners from the Champions Path or one of the 2 winners from League Path. At this stage it couldn't be any simpler.

On 29/07/2022 at 13:35, ericb said:

Somebodies probably done this already, but in terms of locations its...

Swed v Lux

ROI x NMac

NI v Swi

Slov v Fin

Cyp v Cro

Hun v Cz

Gre v Slov

I have no real knowledge of the strength of these teams currently, but my guess is those in bold will win. So in terms of a fun trip, here's my wish list...

Hun

Swe

Cro

NMac

Swi

Slov

Gre 

I think you've mixed up Fenerbahce with Ferencvaros looking at that, so it's Turkey rather than Hungary.

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I think you've mixed up Fenerbahce with Ferencvaros looking at that, so it's Turkey rather than Hungary.

Yep, you're right, don't fancy Turkey 

Mid Calder Jambo
4 minutes ago, ericb said:

Yep, you're right, don't fancy Turkey 

An old work pal is a Man Utd fan and went to Turkey for a Euro tie. Cant remember who they were playing but the oppoition fans were at the airport with banners "we are going to kill you". So warm welcome there then. 😁

Frank Sidebottom
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Hmmmm. I was in Basel around Christmas and it wasn’t bad. Edinburgh prices, which is bad enough I suppose but it wasn’t wallet draining. Sweden (Malmö) is hugely expensive 

If you want cheap you’re probably looking at one of the Slovak/Baltic’s or Hungary at a push

There’s no team from Hungary we can draw. 

1 hour ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

There’s no team from Hungary we can draw. 

Aye I was looking at the list with the mistake in it.

However if we get them in the groups……… 😏

Edited by JimmyCant

Percival King
6 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

We should have gone to the same place as you. We spent the night before the game in an Irish bar and it was very expensive, nobody wanted to finish their pint first! And, not surprisingly, Basel was freezing. But a great trip in a cracking stadium with a great result.

8 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

The draw’s a pretty simple concept. Hearts will be drawn against a winner from Q3 🤷🏻

Anyone planning instant bookings should remember that there is a possibility that two teams from the same city could be drawn to play at home the same day - one on the Europa League and one in the Conference. Ties might be reversed or moved to the Tuesday/Wednesday prior.

I think this might only concern teams in Istanbul (Fenerbace/Basaksehir), Vienna (Rapid/Austria) and Belgrade (Partizan/Red Star) but stand to be corrected.

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, Elljay said:

Anyone planning instant bookings should remember that there is a possibility that two teams from the same city could be drawn to play at home the same day - one on the Europa League and one in the Conference. Ties might be reversed or moved to the Tuesday/Wednesday prior.

I think this might only concern teams in Istanbul (Fenerbace/Basaksehir), Vienna (Rapid/Austria) and Belgrade (Partizan/Red Star) but stand to be corrected.

We can't play a team from Vienna, so that's not a worry.

5 minutes ago, Elljay said:

If I I remember right

its that two teams within a 31 mile radius of each other can’t play on the same night 

Heartsmad1874

Great news that to be honest. If we do draw them dates can pretty much be sorted right away plus the GSP Stadium is a 22K seater and normally has a section behind the goal for away fans.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Great news that to be honest. If we do draw them dates can pretty much be sorted right away plus the GSP Stadium is a 22K seater and normally has a section behind the goal for away fans.

Larnaca only 30 miles away. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m sure that’s a mistake . 7 teams in P1 ? There are only 6 listed. 2 possible from p4 from 2 ties. Yet Nicosia appear there. It’s a typo I’m sure. We can’t get Nicosia at this stage of the competition 

Get on the blower to UEFA Jimmy!!  😄

Heartsmad1874
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m sure that’s a mistake . 7 teams in P1 ? There are only 6 listed. 2 possible from p4 from 2 ties. Yet Nicosia appear there. It’s a typo I’m sure. We can’t get Nicosia at this stage of the competition 

It says 7 enter this stage, 6 in Priority One 1 in Priority Four so it looks like they've rebalanced it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pretty needless as it still worked without them doing this to be honest.

Just means now the 3 from Priority 4 will play 3 from P1. The remaining 3 in P1 drawn against 3 teams from P3 then the last 2 in P3 drawn against the 6 in P2.

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874

Also says on that link country protection not applied but the other day i seen something that said there would be 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes I’ve re-read the whole thing and deleted my post.Last minute change

2 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

It says 7 enter this stage, 6 in Priority One 1 in Priority Four so it looks like they've rebalanced it 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pretty needless as it still worked without them doing this to be honest.

Just means now the 3 from Priority 4 will play 3 from P1. The remaining 3 in Pq drawn against 3 teams from P3 then the last 2 in P3 drawn against the 6 in P2.

Heartsmad1874
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Yes I’ve re-read the whole thing and deleted my post.Last minute change

Can't understand why they've changed but i'll happily take Omonia and the chance to beat Neil Lennon again.

Makes no sense. No need to do it as the numbers worked already. Ho hum……

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can't understand why they've changed but i'll happily take Omonia and the chance to beat Neil Lennon again.

Omonia would be a good draw for us IMO

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Also says on that link country protection not applied but the other day i seen something that said there would be 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Only for Azerbaijan and Armenia 

7 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Think it's because they want to have 8 champions facing each other at this stage. It's overly complicated but if we get Omonia it would make it easier to plan the trips.

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Swelljambo said:

Think it's because they want to have 8 champions facing each other at this stage. It's overly complicated but if we get Omonia it would make it easier to plan the trips.

100%. Can fly Jet2 Edinburgh - Larnaca on Wed 17th or 24th depending on away leg, doesn't seem to be as good coming back though

25 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

100%. Can fly Jet2 Edinburgh - Larnaca on Wed 17th or 24th depending on away leg, doesn't seem to be as good coming back though

Yeh looks like no direct flight back on Fridays. peak holiday time. Not going to be cheap

Edited by JimmyCant

39 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Try EDI to Antalya and get a ferry accross (scarves around the funnel)

Or fly via Athens ?

Edited by JimmyCant

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Spot on.  We were there just before Covid for a holiday and stayed in the Placid Hotel Design.  We had the best breakfast ever though and ate as much as we could in the morning so we could keep going until an evening meal.  Now that was wild, 20 quid for a single main course curry with nan, each in a run of the mill eatery!!!  Rice was extra!!  Do not even ask what the cost of a beer was, mind blowing.  The hotel at the moment now looks around 200 quid a night.

Anyway this modern style hotel is just a few minutes from the Stadion Letzigrund which is shared by FC Zurich and Grasshoppers so assume if we draw FC that is where we would be playing.  Honestly on one hand this is the last place we would want to go to in terms of cost however it is a great city, weather would be perfect and everything is top notch and transport works on is always on time!!

Flights to Zurich looked expensive in comparison to other major European cities as well.

The Hogfather
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Try EDI to Antalya and get a ferry accross (scarves around the funnel)

A ferry?!

map-11.png

Ferry from Antalya to Cyprus. There certainly used to be a service

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

A ferry?!

map-11.png

That thing you do
On 28/07/2022 at 17:13, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Utd are going to get skelped too, unfortunately

Dont know. AZ just sold their best player to Fenerbache. I watched AZ v Tuzla, they arent Barcelona.

Can see a united win at Tannadice at least. Hard tie. Decent playoff opponents if they do win. Beat AZ they will get the groups imo.

Dont expect a huge pumping though

7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Flights to Zurich looked expensive in comparison to other major European cities as well.

Try Munich or Milan or Basel etc and train it

Edited by JimmyCant

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Dont know. AZ just sold their best player to Fenerbache. I watched AZ v Tuzla, they arent Barcelona.

Can see a united win at Tannadice at least. Hard tie. Decent playoff opponents if they do win. Beat AZ they will get the groups imo.

Dont expect a huge pumping though

Dundee Utd game on TV at all? Can’t see it listed anywhere?

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Ferry from Antalya to Cyprus. There certainly used to be a service

Only about 12 hours. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Only about 12 hours. 

I never said it was easy mate. Just options that’s all. No one is getting there without jumping through some hoops unless there are charters 

Edited by JimmyCant

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Europa league/conference 22/23 - Zurich v Hearts