***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

It's a derby. The most important thing we take into this game is the mindset. 

We are the better team. The table doesn't lie. 

Just go out there a ****ing do it. It's Hibs. We don't lose to Hibs.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

We_are_the_Hearts

Halliday had a shocker at left back at Easter Road, fully expect Cochrane to start there.

Also Haring and Halliday are too slow to play together in the middle. If Devlin out then needs to be Sibbick or push McEneff back in there. 

38 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Halliday had a shocker at left back at Easter Road, fully expect Cochrane to start there.

Also Haring and Halliday are too slow to play together in the middle. If Devlin out then needs to be Sibbick or push McEneff back in there. 

I agree, Cadden gave Halliday all sorts of problems at Easter Road so I wouldn’t have him anywhere near left back. Harring and Halliday against Newell and Doyle-Hayes in the middle but I also think Maloney will drop a forward to put a man marker on McKay. I think we’ll need width to go round them as they’ll be compact through the middle we need Simms and Boyce running from deeper into the box we need to drag out their back 3. If we lump balls to Simms they’ll deal with them, get them on the turn and Hanlon and that Rocky will be all over the place.

Still think it’s got draw written all over it.

Harry Potter
36 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree, Cadden gave Halliday all sorts of problems at Easter Road so I wouldn’t have him anywhere near left back. Harring and Halliday against Newell and Doyle-Hayes in the middle but I also think Maloney will drop a forward to put a man marker on McKay. I think we’ll need width to go round them as they’ll be compact through the middle we need Simms and Boyce running from deeper into the box we need to drag out their back 3. If we lump balls to Simms they’ll deal with them, get them on the turn and Hanlon and that Rocky will be all over the place.

Still think it’s got draw written all over it.

1-0 Hearts, boyce, hobos to reach bottom 6.

The Bannon Flick

I think Boyce is going to be a key player come Saturday.

Sitting a bit deeper like he has done in previous games will hopefully free up a bit of space for Simms.

A good link between midfield and striker and he’s class at taking the ball in and spotting a pass.

Will be interesting to see how Hibs cope with him in this ‘new ish’  position.

Edited by The Bannon Flick

The Charity Thieves will try to kick us off the park, even in the absence of their principal thug. I hope the referee is up to his job, although as it’s Walsh that’s a pretty forlorn hope. 

30 minutes ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Beaton the ref for the Semi.

I'm not sure what the best case scenario is... but this ain't it!!!!  Sheesh man!

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

I think Boyce is going to be a key player come Saturday.

Sitting a bit deeper like he has done in previous games will hopefully free up a bit of space for Simms.

A good link between midfield and striker and he’s class at taking the ball in and spotting a pass.

Will be interesting to see how Hibs cope with him in this ‘new ish’  position.

I suspect they will just kick lumps out of him. The same with Mackay 

Nick Walsh is referee. Dougie Potter and Frank Connor on lines and David Munro 4th official.

John Beaton ref for semi final.

Horatio Caine

That guy Harry Clark seems quite an aggressive attacking player.  Need to be aware of the threat he poses.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

That guy Harry Clark seems quite an aggressive attacking player.  Need to be aware of the threat he poses.

On the other side of the coin, have a look at his defending when Woodburn ripped him for his goal in the Boxing day game against Ross County.

Edited by Rudolf

I expect diving, feigning injury and brutality from the flairmeisters. Only one team will be trying to win by playing football which never makes it a great spectacle. If they get a draw be celebrating like a cup win even if it puts them in.the bottom 6. 

21 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

On the other side of the coin, have a look at his defending when Woodburn ripped him for his goal in the Boxing day game against Ross County.

Think he was also at fault for Dundee Utd goal last week

Edited by TexasAndy

4 hours ago, leginten said:

The Charity Thieves will try to kick us off the park, even in the absence of their principal thug. I hope the referee is up to his job, although as it’s Walsh that’s a pretty forlorn hope. 

I am no fan of Walsh however he did send Porteous off  earlier this season so hopefully he keeps up the good work with some of their other thugs.

The Bannon Flick
1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Strong disagree from me - we shouldn’t worry about any of their players. 

I think this is one of Neilson’s flaws - we should only focus on our own strengths and   play to them. We all too often alter shape and line-ups depending on the opposition team. Whilst I understand the need to do this with decent teams, particularly away from home - we shouldn’t be doing any worrying or shape changes when playing are very poor Hibs team at home.

Into them from the off. 

Edited by The Bannon Flick

Nick Walsh ref for this one and Beaton for the semi. 2 useless fuds, one after the other. Where's Collum when you need him.

5 hours ago, leginten said:

Said to my brother that it could be worse, could have been Don Robertson. 

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, The Bannon Flick said:

I think this is one of Neilson’s flaws - we should only focus on our own strengths and   play to them. We all too often alter shape and line-ups depending on the opposition team. Whilst I understand the need to do this with decent teams, particularly away from home - we shouldn’t be doing any worrying or shape changes when playing are very poor Hibs team at home.

Into them from the off. 

I wouldn't even play a keeper. 

All out attack, don't worry about them at all. 

9 hours ago, King prawn said:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Devlin/Halliday

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms 

McEneff to come on

Doesnt GMS have a good record against Hibs? Can see him starting if he’s fit. If Devlin plays he’ll put Halliday at left back. 

Definitely think mceneff is a really good impact sub so agree he shouldn’t start. 

Saw an article which said that none of Hibs 4 top scorers this season will be playing.  One has escaped and the others are injured.  Their injury problems are worsr than ours it would seem although Beni is a massive loss.

He must be desolate.  Out for 9 months.

Watt-Zeefuik

Honestly hope we play two completely different formations over the two. Bring back the 3-4-3 for this weekend, back to the 4-2-3-1 for next week.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Said to my brother that it could be worse, could have been Don Robertson. 

Agreed, terrible ref 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

I wouldn’t have Sibbick in the starting 11. He’s not ready yet for such a big game.

We need level heads and experience. Sibbick has a bomb scare moment or 2 in him which can be coached out of him in time.

Bring him on if we are comfortably winning so he gets to feel the atmosphere. 

Wasn't Sibbick’s first debut for us against Rangers in DM and he bossed it? I’d like to see him given a go there with haring this weekend with an eye on the semi.

My team

Gordon

Akka Halkett Kingsley Cochrane 

Haring Sibbick

GMS Boyce McKay 

Simms

Think it’ll be

Gordon

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley 

Akka Haring Halliday Cochrane 

Boyce Simms McKay

Edited by DS98

Naisys Tackle
52 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Honestly hope we play two completely different formations over the two. Bring back the 3-4-3 for this weekend, back to the 4-2-3-1 for next week.

Hit them at pace.  We will hammer them. 

38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wasn't Sibbick’s first debut for us against Rangers in DM and he bossed it? I’d like to see him given a go there with haring this weekend with an eye on the semi.

I agree. Think he’s be very decent in midfield against them. Hopefully Natty is fit

HillmanHearts

They will concentrate a lot of effort down the flanks. Cadden & Clark are half decent. May possibly be more of a threat on the wider pitch at Hampden than at Tynecastle.
If we were in a position to have Smith and Kingsley at full back I’d have no worries. Not likely though.

Not saying it’s a game changer but It’s just a little bit more of a leveller.  

2 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

They will concentrate a lot of effort down the flanks. Cadden & Clark are half decent. May possibly be more of a threat on the wider pitch at Hampden than at Tynecastle.
If we were in a position to have Smith and Kingsley at full back I’d have no worries. Not likely though.

smith will need games so can’t see him playing the next 2 🤷🏻‍♂️ Even if coming back to fitness 

Witnessed nothing from Hibs since the speedy diving cheat legged it.

Unfortunately the standard of refereeing will define the games.

Hibs will cheat, time waste, annoy, game spoil and defend. They can't go toe to toe in a fair fight.

A strong ref and we'll smash them, we have game defining idiots refereeing both games.

10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Witnessed nothing from Hibs since the speedy diving cheat legged it.

Unfortunately the standard of refereeing will define the games.

Hibs will cheat, time waste, annoy, game spoil and defend. They can't go toe to toe in a fair fight.

A strong ref and we'll smash them, we have game defining idiots refereeing both games.

Spot on. Folk think Hibs need to win to finish top 6 and therefore will attack. They won’t. They will set up not to concede, hope for a draw or nick a goal from a set piece &, hope other results  go their way. 

23 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Optical illusion. Hampden is only 4 yards wider than Tynecastle and the same width as ER

5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Think he was also at fault for Dundee Utd goal last week

This is true. The guy skipped past Clarke before crossing for United goal. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Spot on. Folk think Hibs need to win to finish top 6 and therefore will attack. They won’t. They will set up not to concede, hope for a draw or nick a goal from a set piece &, hope other results  go their way. 

Course they won't, they can't. They know full well we'll destroy them at Tynecastle if they try and control possession. I hope they do, they won't though and hopefully we get an early goal to ruin their pish tactical approach.

Horatio Caine
5 hours ago, The Bannon Flick said:

Into them from the off. 

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from on this.  We need to just go out and play our game and let them worry about us.

1 hour ago, Lido said:

This is true. The guy skipped past Clarke before crossing for United goal. 

Ross County’s defence have shipped a lot less goals since he left. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Ross County’s defence have shipped a lot less goals since he left. 

Moved steadily up the table also and could overtake them on Saturday 😆

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

1-2 to them.  Total panic before the semi.

It's how we do this sort of shit.

**** me that would be Armageddon, on here anyway 😜

I genuinely think we go into these games too calm as a team and we don't seem to have a Locke in the dressing room giving it the big talk, they always come out the traps and it takes us 20 minutes to settle.

Just ****ing kick them off the park, get right into them, bully them, take whatever comes from that, pump them and leave them fearing next week.

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

1-2 to them.  Total panic before the semi.

It's how we do this sort of shit.

No chance. Draw at worse. If they manage to beat us it will be a catalogue of good luck, shite refereeing, and us being as poor as we’ve ever been. 
what Robbie needs to drum into the team is the whole voting shit and why we need to give them complete karma.  Remember players are out there to get a place in the team the semi game. There will be no let up from us. FTH. 
2-0 hearts

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Optical illusion. Hampden is only 4 yards wider than Tynecastle and the same width as ER

Certain folks are forever quoting 'the vastness' of Hampden along with how that will suit Hibs and their flair playing style.

It's absolute nonsense! The Albion Place Stadium and Hampden pitches are the same size. We have a 100% record v Hibs at Hampden, and a better record v them at their ground.

It is indeed a bit of an illusion. 4m extra width (i.e. 2m per 'side'), and 5m extra length (i.e. 2.5m per 'half') vis-a-vis Tynecastle.

Hampden: 105 x 68

Albion Place: 105 x 68

Tynecastle: 100 x 64

aberhill jambo
15 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

This think mcEneff better option than Halliday 

Bunny Munro

Id play Sibbick beside Haring for this one. 

He might not be the answer, but I'd like to see it tried. If it works we can use it again in the Semi, if it doesn't Haliday comes back in.

Anyone who is not 100% should not be risked.

If we go 2 up in the second half they'll take to trying to injure us for the following week. We need to be ready for this.

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Id play Sibbick beside Haring for this one. 

He might not be the answer, but I'd like to see it tried. If it works we can use it again in the Semi, if it doesn't Haliday comes back in.

Anyone who is not 100% should not be risked.

If we go 2 up in the second half they'll take to trying to injure us for the following week. We need to be ready for this.

I really want to see Sibbick kick a hibs player