***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

RN has removed a lot of the doubts I, and others, had about him but I am still concerned about his approach and record in the derby.

True, he's already beaten Hibs at Hampden, and credit to him, but this season has been disappointing. Derby draws/breaking even are a joy to the Hibby only.

I really hope for his, my and our sake that he blows this remaining doubt out the water by beating that mob twice.

Hearts, and Robbie, can do it. Of course they can. Make it happen lads.

:flagwave:

It's his Achilles heel imo. Some will say it doesn't matter, for me it does. When we're not playing for much other than cup runs, winning derbies is a real source of joy for the fans. He's got a wonderful opportunity to turn a good season into a great one by stuffing them twice in the next two weeks.

Like you, I hope he seizes it and we see a Hearts team approach the derby in a proper fashion. Do that, and we win. More than that, he probably gets the last of us 'doubters' onside and we can push on united 

Edited by Taffin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We are below par because we have been missing key players, one of our below par games happened because our key players all got injured within an hour.I think you need to factor in how shite Hibs are in your assessment though. Ross County have been a far better team than Hibs for months. 

I absolutely get that... But to be fair the sitter Boyce missed and the penalty by McKay should have put the game to bed yesterday after 17 minutes. Instances like this have happened too much in previous games. 

14 minutes ago, leginten said:

Exactly this. Morale is currently very low down the road - they’re not winning games, they’re not scoring much, and to say there were already mutterings about Maloney would be a considerable understatement. And despite allowing their fans to buy two tickets each for the semi-final, they’re rightly worried that their Hampden attendance will once again be an embarrassment.

A win for them next Saturday would change all of that in an instant. Therefore we have to do everything we can to grind them into the dust at Tynecastle. Far from being a relatively meaningless rehearsal for the following week, next week’s game is now massively bigger than the previous two derbies this season.

Agree. I know injuries are a fear given who we have out just now but there’s an element to this that I feel we just need to get on with it and roll with what comes our way.  

You’d have to have proper bad luck to be hit with another couple of injuries and I know that will be in the back of the minds.  It’s a balancing act but we need to play a strong line up and show our intent.  

4 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

In our last 6 we have won 4 and drawn 2, felt we were the better team yesterday and aside from a poor 15 minute spell which ended with them scoring we would have won the match.

Yes, but these games haven't exactly filled me with confidence. I know we will finish third this season and it's a fantastic achievement. I just want the team to realise that the next two games are crucial for us going forward - two must win games - but their performance needs to improve. 

Ronald Villiers
1 hour ago, Turkishcap said:

I know I shouldn't but I did...

Read 2 threads last night, Maloney out and Why did we sack Jack Ross.

So did I mate.  Wallace Mercer thread aswell.  Vermin tramps!

Ronald Villiers

Hopefully horse these rockets and send them into the bottom 6, depending on other results.  Should Aberdeen beat Ross County, Hibs will have played 4 of the 5 other teams at home in the last round so will have some tasty away fixtures.  Hopefully they'll only get 2 home games as opposed to 3.  I'll need to get the popcorn in.

If we had gone most of the season without Souter, Beni and Devlin things would be a lot closer than is now. I think it's a real leveller for these two games.

I don't think we ever play them with a fully fit squad

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

There are already real grumbles of discontent before the games have even arrived a great many of them have seen through Maloneys bull shit if we beat them twice and destroy their season then it will be bedlam and I do not think they have the character to survive the tail spin

Everything goes according to plan and they'll go down faster than the Tintanic.

56 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

Yes, but these games haven't exactly filled me with confidence. I know we will finish third this season and it's a fantastic achievement. I just want the team to realise that the next two games are crucial for us going forward - two must win games - but their performance needs to improve. 

I agree.  To me, it looks like there’s sometimes we switch off into training game mode but then spark again a time later in the game.  I’m sure Neilson knows himself but we need to be intense with 7-8 players at worst on top of their game mentally v Hibs.  

Daft wee things like yesterday when Mackay took the pen made me concerned about complacency or becoming a little cocky. Even though he’s missed some, Boyce is the pen taker.  He has put them away though and is more in the zone in competitive games with penalties.  

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Everything goes according to plan and they'll go down faster than the Tintanic.

it feels like it is the Yang to our Yin this season

Absolute Scenes
47 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I agree.  To me, it looks like there’s sometimes we switch off into training game mode but then spark again a time later in the game.  I’m sure Neilson knows himself but we need to be intense with 7-8 players at worst on top of their game mentally v Hibs.  

Daft wee things like yesterday when Mackay took the pen made me concerned about complacency or becoming a little cocky. Even though he’s missed some, Boyce is the pen taker.  He has put them away though and is more in the zone in competitive games with penalties.  

Hundred percent. Boyce has scored critical pens for us, especially that last semi final one against them. He has to be back on them

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

It's his Achilles heel imo. Some will say it doesn't matter, for me it does. When we're not playing for much other than cup runs, winning derbies is a real source of joy for the fans. He's got a wonderful opportunity to turn a good season into a great one by stuffing them twice in the next two weeks.

Like you, I hope he seizes it and we see a Hearts team approach the derby in a proper fashion. Do that, and we win. More than that, he probably gets the last of us 'doubters' onside and we can push on united 

Aye. 

Really hope all we've posted comes to pass, bud. 

Beating them twice to clinch third and get to a Cup final are the prizes up for grabs but simply winning derby games is just as joyous.

My mates and I wildly celebrated Fozzy's winner and it's aftermath near the segregation fence that famous day. As we finally started to drift across the Dunbar End toward the exit we heard that we'd drawn Rangers in the QF. It had completely slipped my mind that we'd progressed to the next round of the Cup. For me, It was all about beating Hibs, silver 21 keys and the joy of winning yet another derby. 😀 

I’ve no doubt they will be trying to kick us off the park and cause a few injuries with the cup game coming up.

On paper, this should be a very easy game!

Rick Sanchez
48 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I have a feeling that our line up and tactics will be very different in both derbies 

It'd be good to revert to a 3-4-3 for next Saturday and hit them with the 4-2-3-1 at Hampden.

indianajones

It feels like we are at the start of something pretty great just now. Not been this confident going into Hibs games since 2012. I think the general atmosphere around the club maybe echoes this too? 

They cant score or defend. If we take our chances (i think we will have A LOT of them) then it really could be a pumping.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Sam Fleming said:

does anyone have a ticket for sale for the game on the 9th

I’m trying to get a couple too ! Naw luck the now 

29 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It feels like we are at the start of something pretty great just now. Not been this confident going into Hibs games since 2012. I think the general atmosphere around the club maybe echoes this too? 

They cant score or defend. If we take our chances (i think we will have A LOT of them) then it really could be a pumping.

Don't like being over confident  at least not publicly.  They have managed 2 no score draws against us this season

Would take that again on Saturday with them finishing bottom six. Last thing we want is to lose and them going into the semi on a high. Hopefully 2 resounding wins

Any idea who the referee is? Need a strong referee who will not take their shit . They will be trying to injure our players with the semi in mind

Edited by GBJambo

18 hours ago, leginten said:

This is the correct approach. Put down a marker for Hampden. 

Our complete league domination of them in season 2011-12 didn’t do us any harm at all. They knew they were up against it in the final.

Put out a weakened team next Saturday, allow them the chance to get a rare win and you provide them with an unnecessary psychological boost. To be avoided at all costs.

Not if we run them close with our under 12s?😊

6 hours ago, Mr Kipling said:

I absolutely get that... But to be fair the sitter Boyce missed and the penalty by McKay should have put the game to bed yesterday after 17 minutes. Instances like this have happened too much in previous games. 

Sportscene didn’t even show Boyce sitter!

1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Any idea who the referee is? Need a strong referee who will not take their shit . They will be trying to injure our players with the semi in mind

Watch Newell - that’s exactly what he will try to do!

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Watch Newell - that’s exactly what he will try to do!

Correct. He's a dirty clogger. 

I'm interested to see how the hobos approach it. I've seen a few of their games since shorty took over and in nearly every game they've tried to play expansive football, passing it out from the back at all times. The exception to that was when we played them at Easter road and they played direct pretty much the entire match. I think they did that out of fear and the need to avoid losing against us so early in the reign of their vertically challenged rookie. They have to win next week so I expect them to try and play a bit which will hopefully work in our favour. 

I'm confident we will win, if we were at folk strength I'd be very confident. 

Looking forward to it. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Please, please please let us condemn them to bottom six and possibly a relegation battle.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Taffin said:

I would say cup games are his achilles heel. He’s only won one really big one - the semi last season.

In derbies he won the two biggest derbies we’ve played since 2012 - the season 14/15 opener and the semi final. 

The 15/16 defeat was simply made worse because they went on to win the cup. Aside from that as an early round cup tie derby it wasn’t as big as the other two mentioned.

All derbies are games we expect to win though, obviously, but some are bigger than others. The semi is going to be up there with other semi derbies.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, indianajones said:

Same about being the most confident since 2012 although thats also a worry! 

If we play like we’ve been playing and they play like they’ve been playing we’ll win unless we’re unlucky. Need to make sure everyones 100% focused. Its noticeable Maloney has been playing the ref card to excuse his results so that goes for the ref too.

2-0 Hearts

Would go with 

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Mceneff

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Hopefully Devlin and Souttar back in for the semi 🙏 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Taffin said:

At least you admit it would still be a good season. 

All the focus must be on the league game and a win and send them to the bottom 6, so I'm going 2-1 Hearts

Shouldnt be giving the cup game any thought, atm, the semi-final will look after itself, when it comes along.

FTH 

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

2-0 Hearts

Would go with 

Gordon

Haring Mceneff

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms

Hopefully Devlin and Souttar back in for the semi 🙏 

No chance of Souttar playing this season! ☹️

PISTOL PETE 1874

Let’s all make it a game that everyone connected to the wee team hates 

Lets get the scarfs above our heads with the famous jambo twirly when the teams come out the tunnel to get the game started and make it the best atmosphere the every player that has played at Tynecastle has said it was.
And get on the hibs  players backs from start to finish

Let’s show them HEARTS CLASS is the only class that matters 

Gordon

McKay    Haring  McEneff   Halliday

Boyce

Simms

Hibs will go man for man as they did last time. A game of second ball and 50/50's. It'll be a shitefest and a draw. 

Batistuta87
37 minutes ago, PISTOL PETE 1874 said:

Let’s all make it a game that everyone connected to the wee team hates 

Lets get the scarfs above our heads with the famous jambo twirly when the teams come out the tunnel to get the game started and make it the best atmosphere the every player that has played at Tynecastle has said it was.
And get on the hibs  players backs from start to finish

Let’s show them HEARTS CLASS is the only class that matters 

Sounds great, right up until the moment everyone takes the huff when Halkett pings a cross-field pass into the Wheatfield 🤣

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon

McKay    Haring  McEneff   Halliday

Boyce

Simms

Hibs will go man for man as they did last time. A game of second ball and 50/50's. It'll be a shitefest and a draw. 

A possibility, but with them needing to win the game, it could open up-especially if we score first. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

bringonthesevco
On 02/04/2022 at 19:03, Hesh said:

Hope not, bottom 6 would be pleasing 

A draw still makes them likely bottom 6

Draw puts them onto 39

A winner in the Livi v Motherwell game puts one of them above Hibs (Live would go to 40, Motherwell to 42)

A winner in the Aberdeen v Ross County game puts on of them above (Aberdeen 39 with a better GD, Ross County)

So Hibs need to win (not happening) or draw and hope results elsewhere go there way..

Bizarrely they could still finish top 6 with a defeat (if Motherwell win and aberdeen/ross county draw) - We just need to beat them by 5 to rule this one out 🙂

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

A draw still makes them likely bottom 6

Draw puts them onto 39

A winner in the Livi v Motherwell game puts one of them above Hibs (Live would go to 40, Motherwell to 42)

A winner in the Aberdeen v Ross County game puts on of them above (Aberdeen 39 with a better GD, Ross County)

So Hibs need to win (not happening) or draw and hope results elsewhere go there way..

Bizarrely they could still finish top 6 with a defeat (if Motherwell win and aberdeen/ross county draw) - We just need to beat them by 5 to rule this one out 🙂

We'd get away with 4-0, I think. If it's level on points and GD, it goes to goals scored, doesn't it? 4-0 or 5-1 to commit them to the bottom six would be poetic. 

22 hours ago, leith_dude said:

I'm interested to see how the hobos approach it. I've seen a few of their games since shorty took over and in nearly every game they've tried to play expansive football, passing it out from the back at all times. The exception to that was when we played them at Easter road and they played direct pretty much the entire match. I think they did that out of fear and the need to avoid losing agains t us so early in the reign of their vertically challenged rookie. They have to win next week so I expect them to try and play a bit which will hopefully work in our favour. 

I'm confident we will win, if we were at folk strength I'd be very confident. 

Looking forward to it. 

It was the obvious thing to do and they did it pretty well.  Their best tactic is a bit of pace and good crossing.  Basically win the ball high up, whip it in.

Their "dominance" of the first 30/35 mins of that game was massively overstated in truth.  We didn't start brilliantly, but Cam missed the first half's biggest chance and we had a stonewall pen/red card turned down plus some other dangerous situs.

If they try to play football against us, they'll be knackered (especially if we have Cam back), but they play percentage football they might, just might get lucky.  That's the truth as I see it.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

A possibility, but with them needing to win the game, it could open up-especially if we score first. 

They probably just need a draw. They'll setup to play for one. There's no danger they'll come to oor gaff playing open or they'll get stuffed.

On 03/04/2022 at 14:57, JamesM48 said:

I’m trying to get a couple too ! Naw luck the now 

Sold oot. I was waiting for one myself.