***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

26 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/robbie-neilson-issues-cammy-devlin-23626246

Also suggests we want to keep two of Cochrane, Moore and Woodburn.

The author of the article missed Simms off the list of loanees and there were no specific names put to Neilson he just mentioned that he hoped to keep a couple of the loanees

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Watt-Zeefuik
11 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Id play Sibbick beside Haring for this one. 

He might not be the answer, but I'd like to see it tried. If it works we can use it again in the Semi, if it doesn't Haliday comes back in.

Anyone who is not 100% should not be risked.

If we go 2 up in the second half they'll take to trying to injure us for the following week. We need to be ready for this.

Agree with all of this.

This week is a great chance to give some of the reserves a chance at an Edinburgh derby. If someone goes and has a worldie, put them in next week too, but otherwise keep Devlin, Smith, Souttar, and anyone else with the slightest knock off the pitch, or at least until 60-70'.

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The author of the article missed Simms off the list of loanees and there were no specific names put to Neilson he just mentioned that he hoped to keep a couple of the loanees

If it’s two of the four, who do you reckon? Simms and Cochrane?

Rick Sanchez
17 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Totally forgot about Simms!

29 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I find that very disappointing news if he means it.

I was ecstatic when we signed Woodburn but now I'd feel a bit meh. Like offering an extension to Brandon meh.

The club might see a potential sale value that we don't though.

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If it’s two of the four, who do you reckon? Simms and Cochrane?

Probably what I would guess

maroonlegions

Robbie Neilson says his Hearts team are after one outcome this weekend: victory in the Edinburgh derby.

The JTs face Hibs at Tynecastle on Saturday in the final league match before the split -  the first leg of a derby double-header ahead of a semi-final meeting in the pipeline at Hampden next week.

It’s a pivotal run of games ahead for the boys in maroon, and Robbie, a veteran of this fixture, knows all that matters is winning what’s immediately in front of you.

“Believe me; when you go into a derby or play in a derby – you’re not thinking about what you did last week or in the last six months. All you’re thinking about is the derby and winning it,” he told the media in his pre-match press conference.

“You can feel the tension in the air. The spotlight is on the team a little bit more. When you play in a derby you have to win the first header, the first tackle. The physical side takes care of itself. If football does break out in periods, you need to have the composure to go and play.

“Home team. Home crowd. Home stadium. We’re playing well and confident we can get a good result.”

The two derbies played out so far this season have both ended in stalemates, with neither side able to break the deadlock in the two hotly contested clashes.

The manager was hopeful that things would be different this time – with a number of key players expected to be back in contention for selection at the weekend.

“It’ll be a totally different game; different park, different atmosphere,” he added.

“This derby is the most important game. Both the home game and the away match at Easter Road were tight games. Derbies are always 200-miles-an-hour stuff – so we have to be prepared for that.

“We’re starting to get there: we’ve got Mackay-Steven back, Atkinson will be back and now Devlin’s doing a bit of running as well. Nice to see them again: Michael Smith is probably a few weeks away yet, whereas Cammy is ahead of schedule.

“Peter Haring and Andy Halliday are two very experienced midfielders and we’ve got Aaron McEneff and Toby Sibbick who can play there.

“We’re looking good.”

14 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Robbie Neilson says his Hearts team are after one outcome this weekend: victory in the Edinburgh derby.

The JTs face Hibs at Tynecastle on Saturday in the final league match before the split -  the first leg of a derby double-header ahead of a semi-final meeting in the pipeline at Hampden next week.

It’s a pivotal run of games ahead for the boys in maroon, and Robbie, a veteran of this fixture, knows all that matters is winning what’s immediately in front of you.

“Believe me; when you go into a derby or play in a derby – you’re not thinking about what you did last week or in the last six months. All you’re thinking about is the derby and winning it,” he told the media in his pre-match press conference.

“You can feel the tension in the air. The spotlight is on the team a little bit more. When you play in a derby you have to win the first header, the first tackle. The physical side takes care of itself. If football does break out in periods, you need to have the composure to go and play.

“Home team. Home crowd. Home stadium. We’re playing well and confident we can get a good result.”

The two derbies played out so far this season have both ended in stalemates, with neither side able to break the deadlock in the two hotly contested clashes.

The manager was hopeful that things would be different this time – with a number of key players expected to be back in contention for selection at the weekend.

“It’ll be a totally different game; different park, different atmosphere,” he added.

“This derby is the most important game. Both the home game and the away match at Easter Road were tight games. Derbies are always 200-miles-an-hour stuff – so we have to be prepared for that.

“We’re starting to get there: we’ve got Mackay-Steven back, Atkinson will be back and now Devlin’s doing a bit of running as well. Nice to see them again: Michael Smith is probably a few weeks away yet, whereas Cammy is ahead of schedule.

“Peter Haring and Andy Halliday are two very experienced midfielders and we’ve got Aaron McEneff and Toby Sibbick who can play there.

“We’re looking good.”

**** that does sound like Halliday is going to be central midfield actually 

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

**** that does sound like Halliday is going to be central midfield actually 

Nah, smoke and mirrors. 

2 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Superb.  Thanks for that. :thumb:

Hopefully we'll add a few more to the highlights reel in the next couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Smith and Devlin……

71255848-1143-4464-8FEC-B9FD44324EE2.jpeg

Smith still a few weeks away but hopes to play again this season. 

49 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Cochrane and Simms

Of the loan players these would be my two to keep.  Both are currently only 21, Moore will be 25 and Woodward 23 in June.

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Of the loan players these would be my two to keep.  Both are currently only 21, Moore will be 25 and Woodward 23 in June.

might be decent for The Equalizer 

Spitonastranger
31 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Superb.  Thanks for that. :thumb:

Hopefully we'll add a few more to the highlights reel in the next couple of weeks.

I liked the fact there was a few odd ones in there

10 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I liked the fact there was a few odd ones in there

I have a DVD called 90 goals vs Hibs that I must look out to watch tomorrow night it’s a few years old so it’s missing some recent crackers and really should be up dated as a matter of urgency 

john thomas
20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Some might not want Woodburn for his , perceived , lack of effectiveness . Hardly think his age , 23(!) , will be a factor 

Aussie Jambo
3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

today tomorrow and forever HHGH :flag1:

Woodward

“The Equaliser“

GrayShowyGannet-size_restricted.gif

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Woodward

“The Equaliser“

One of the best "equalisers that feel like winners" in our history. The way it was still travelling when it hit the net he could have been another 10 yards back and he still would have scored

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ian Black took out Griffiths and after that Thumb hid away from tackles as did his mate Jos...  Thankfully Thompson was the referee.

2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

In my mind Woodward is scoring the equaliser.  I always get it wrong.  Ewar Woowoo.

14 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Ian Black took out Griffiths and after that Thumb hid away from tackles as did his mate Jos...  Thankfully Thompson was the referee.

Didnae hit him hard enough! 🤭

5 hours ago, Spitonastranger said:

Thank you for posting that.  My memory is not so good these days but this was so much better than watching Braga.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

For squad building purposes I’d keep Cochrane and Woodburn.

2 reasons - different for each.

Cochrane showed for 6 months he is a very decent prospect. At his age it is difficult to expect a full season out of him. It’s like thinking you should play Euan Henderson every game this season from the start. I rate Hendo but you’d never expect him to start each game!

Woodburn does frustrate me but he hasn’t got where he has because he is shite. He’s 21. A young lad. His first full season under pressure. If we could get the best out of him we have a player. It depends if he will take a squad position with a challenge- play yourself into the team.

Ok, then you have Moore. As a fill in when one defender is out he has looked good. He only looked shite when 2 out of the back 5 or more were out. But I think Moore is the least likely to be kept on.

Finlay James
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

One of the best "equalisers that feel like winners" in our history. The way it was still travelling when it hit the net he could have been another 10 yards back and he still would have scored

The Quitongo equalizer v Celtic also fits into this category

34 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The Quitongo equalizer v Celtic also fits into this category

Graham Weirs goal to make it 4-4 would also be right up there 

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

For squad building purposes I’d keep Cochrane and Woodburn.

2 reasons - different for each.

Cochrane showed for 6 months he is a very decent prospect. At his age it is difficult to expect a full season out of him. It’s like thinking you should play Euan Henderson every game this season from the start. I rate Hendo but you’d never expect him to start each game!

Woodburn does frustrate me but he hasn’t got where he has because he is shite. He’s 21. A young lad. His first full season under pressure. If we could get the best out of him we have a player. It depends if he will take a squad position with a challenge- play yourself into the team.

Ok, then you have Moore. As a fill in when one defender is out he has looked good. He only looked shite when 2 out of the back 5 or more were out. But I think Moore is the least likely to be kept on.

I'd definitely be happy to keep Cochrane, he's shown enough to say he's got something there. With the right coaching he could really kick on.

Woodburn, just a bit meh really, probably not helped by the hype surrounding him. He's played a part don't get me wrong & when he's on song he looks great. Could deffo improve over time but wouldn't keep him unless it's a free transfer & cheap contract.

Moore I think we can do better than, started off well but he's been the least effective of the loanees.

There's also Simms who'd be a bit of a coup, don't think we've any chance of keeping him though.

Two things I feel in my water (three if you count "stinging")....

1) Over our next two games there will be at least one penalty.  If it's for Hibs, it'll be ill-gotten.

2) We're going to score a screamer.  Somewhere inbetween Ozturk, Stevenson, Bozanic, Mino type thing.  20-30 yards, top corner.  McKay, Kingsley, Woodburn or Devlin.  I hope it's Dev!

How significant these things will be, who knows, which game, I'm in the dark, but they'll happen and you heard it here first.

Also, double derby coming up, so I'd like to add.... GSK.

12 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Woodward

“The Equaliser“

alim no what are doi... goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Haha.  Aw for fuuuuuyyyyyaaaaaassssss!!!

Spitonastranger
12 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Thank you for posting that.  My memory is not so good these days but this was so much better than watching Braga.

I know some goals I had forgotten 

51 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I was like what the **** are you doi..... yaaaaaasssssssssssssss

I’ve got a spare ticket for the game tomorrow - Section E lower. Can meet in Gorgie from around 11am if anyone wants it - be warned it’s a concession ticket though so the risk is your own 👍🏼

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, cookieboy said:

I was like what the **** are you doi..... yaaaaaasssssssssssssss

Word for word exactly the same in a bar in Madrid. Followed by me running around mental.

HeartsSpares

I have 4 spare tickets in main stand if anyone needs a ticket. Face value

send me a DM or message me on facebook (dont use this site alot)

cheers

gavin gillespie  

I have a ticket for sale as my mate can’t make it.

Main Stand - Block T - Row 25 - Seat 2

£32.50

DM asap 👍

Michael Ross
1 hour ago, HeartsSpares said:

I have 4 spare tickets in main stand if anyone needs a ticket. Face value

send me a DM or message me on facebook (dont use this site alot)

cheers

gavin gillespie  

Hi mate have dm’d you on Facebook 

Getting similar vibes to the dead rubber at the end of the championship season. Theres a danger that they’ll be more up for this than us, they have to be.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Getting similar vibes to the dead rubber at the end of the championship season. Theres a danger that they’ll be more up for this than us, they have to be.

Bugger that, I've got the special tingle!