***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

7 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

If they come to try and win, an open game with Atkinson and McKay bombing at them will suit us nicely. 

Would be happy if Smith was fit and could play central midfield, he's actually much more influential for us played centrally, defence or midfield. 

Agreed.  My big hope in both derbies is Hibs try to play football against us.

Also agreed on Smith, I like him at CB and CM.  Wonder if Sibbick's athleticism would be of value in midfield if we don't have Cam for the yards is the only thing.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

If they want to finish top 6 then they need a win.  Cannot afford a draw as Motherwell are playing Livingston and Aberdeen are playing County.

Need a win and as such must open their defence.  Should Hearts get an early goal then game, Top 6 and Europe over.

17 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed.  My big hope in both derbies is Hibs try to play football against us.

Also agreed on Smith, I like him at CB and CM.  Wonder if Sibbick's athleticism would be of value in midfield if we don't have Cam for the yards is the only thing.

As long as Atkinson is fit then he will be at right back and Sibbick will be in midfield freeing up Halliday to either play left wing back or left midfield in a more advanced role in my opinion

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

If they want to finish top 6 then they need a win.  Cannot afford a draw as Motherwell are playing Livingston and Aberdeen are playing County.

Need a win and as such must open their defence.  Should Hearts get an early goal then game, Top 6 and Europe over.

Euro group stages will not be decided until the week after that in the semi final

MarkDevriesScores4

Anyone know if porteous is still serving suspension? Kinda hope he plays against hearts because he’s likely to get sent off again 

indianajones
2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Anyone know if porteous is still serving suspension? Kinda hope he plays against hearts because he’s likely to get sent off again 

He's out.

4 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Back for the semi

MarkDevriesScores4

In the league this season, hibs have accrued a red card every 4 games 😬

hope Devlin is back for the semi and can start nipping Porteous from the first whistle 

Hungry hippo
18 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Out the league game but available for the cup.

Never liked playing the same team two weeks running but we can never go in to a game against them with eyes on the next one.  Let's win this and take care of Hampden when it comes.

Nick Walsh is the worst referee in Scotland and from the first time I saw him send Isma off at Firhill to the Rangers game at Tynecastle he has given us nothing which I do not think has gone unnoticed by Robbie. Be prepared for a whistle happy, card happy performance from a little man determined to be the centre of attention. In case you haven't picked it up I really don't like him. 

Rick Sanchez

Would really love Woodburn to come on and score a screamer against them and kick on. As it stands though he's a bit of a liability.

He'll probably still get a decent move in the summer based on his history.

9 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Nick Walsh is the worst referee in Scotland and from the first time I saw him send Isma off at Firhill to the Rangers game at Tynecastle he has given us nothing which I do not think has gone unnoticed by Robbie. Be prepared for a whistle happy, card happy performance from a little man determined to be the centre of attention. In case you haven't picked it up I really don't like him. 

The refereeing we've had against Hibs in recent years has been shocking.  Nothing said about it of course.  Even look at the last three games.  They should have been down to 10 and us with a pen, then had another red in the last game.  Similar in previous derby where McGinn dived then brought down Boyce when clean through.  The semi last season where they get a pen for a dive and an offside goal.

We're always up against it with that cheating, lucky little teachers pet of a club.  But we usually still overcome it.  Christ, imagine our record against them had refs called it all right over the last few years.  Other than a freekick over the line, I can't think of much they have to complain about!

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

As long as Atkinson is fit then he will be at right back and Sibbick will be in midfield freeing up Halliday to either play left wing back or left midfield in a more advanced role in my opinion

That's what I'd like to see, Halliday has been solid there. The lad Jasper definitely has pace down that dude for them so needs watched.

Just now, Disser Pointon said:

That's what I'd like to see, Halliday has been solid there. The lad Jasper definitely has pace down that dude for them so needs watched.

Halliday ain't the man to watch him then!  The last derby, Cadden had the run of that side of the pitch to do as he pleased, with Halliday constantly putting himself out of position, rushing in to things he had no business in.  Cochrane would be a much more dilligent defender if Jasper is a concern.

21 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Halliday ain't the man to watch him then!  The last derby, Cadden had the run of that side of the pitch to do as he pleased, with Halliday constantly putting himself out of position, rushing in to things he had no business in.  Cochrane would be a much more dilligent defender if Jasper is a concern.

back four with Cochrane at left back and Halliday on the left of a three behind Simms with Boyce and McKay filling the other slots is what I think Neilson will pick

46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

back four with Cochrane at left back and Halliday on the left of a three behind Simms with Boyce and McKay filling the other slots is what I think Neilson will pick

He may do.  That's the only place I think I'd want Halliday, and even then would rather have McEneff or GMS (although GMS I'd prefer if we somehow had Kingsley at LB which is hugely unlikely).

Cadden and Jasper are Hibs threats (only threats?) so I'd get bulking up on the left with Halliday infront of Cochrane.  However on the Hampden pitch for the semi, I want pace to burn.  Let's have McKay out there bothering them and pinning Cadden back.  We're so much better than them so there's a line we shouldn't cross where we change our setup to counteract them.  Where that line is...?? Duno!

Nick Walsh being confirmed as referee has totally ruined the game for us.

It is now a 50/50 with the only positive being he can't referee the semifinal. 

Without a doubt the worst referee on the circuit, expect cards and lots of them. 

3 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

I don’t think that’s how it will play out. Their best chance of a win is to keep things tight and hope we miss a few chances then nick a goal or dive for a penalty. No way will they open up and go for it. 

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He may do.  That's the only place I think I'd want Halliday, and even then would rather have McEneff or GMS (although GMS I'd prefer if we somehow had Kingsley at LB which is hugely unlikely).

Cadden and Jasper are Hibs threats (only threats?) so I'd get bulking up on the left with Halliday infront of Cochrane.  However on the Hampden pitch for the semi, I want pace to burn.  Let's have McKay out there bothering them and pinning Cadden back.  We're so much better than them so there's a line we shouldn't cross where we change our setup to counteract them.  Where that line is...?? Duno!

I just think Neilson has Halliday as a must for games like these I don’t really agree with him but I think he will want him on the pitch and that’s the only place I could see him playing without significantly exposing us

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Second quote explains why I think Halliday is perfect for this match. Put him on, let him wind up the Hibs, get stuck in, make it a flinty game. Let the cards fly, get tempers up, typical chippy derby with a bit of extra mustard.

Come back the following week and just blow past them.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Nick Walsh being confirmed as referee has totally ruined the game for us.

It is now a 50/50 with the only positive being he can't referee the semifinal. 

Without a doubt the worst referee on the circuit, expect cards and lots of them. 

He really is. Doesn't let the game flow, he's just a nippy wee **** with a whistle getting in the way. 

First yellow card will be for a Hearts player inside 2 minutes.

LochcarronJambo

Plus the fact he really doesn’t like us as is obvious each time seen him…..

Yes Walsh is just about as shite a referee for an Edinburgh derby as you could get he seems to have a weird dislike for us

Lost count of  appalling decisions that Walsh has made that have cost us over the past few years. He’s either absolutely woeful or it’s on purpose. I tend to think it’s the latter and he has some sort of an issue with Hearts.

Edited by Deevers

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Lost count of  appalling decisions that Walsh has made that have cost us over the past few years. He’s either absolutely woeful or it’s on purpose. I tend to think it’s the latter and he has some sort of an issue with Hearts.

Yes I agree and I also think it is the latter

Walsh is as shit for them as he has been in our games. Just a shit referee. Flip a coin as to who he will hate more on Saturday 

11 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

we are leaving an hour early this week to soak up the ambience in the Shandon :olly:

😂 The leaving early polis will be along soon to point out the error of your ways 👮‍♀️ 

28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂 The leaving early polis will be along soon to point out the error of your ways 👮‍♀️ 

leaving home an hour early 🙂

10 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

leaving home an hour early 🙂

Hahaha. I’m a dafty . I thought you meant leaving the game an hour early 😂😂😂. Need to get some sleep. 

bringonthesevco
7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

bizarrely we could pump them by 3 and they still finish top 6 (Motherwell win and Aberdeen v Ross county draw).

it could also be a draw and they miss out on top 6 , Motherwell win and there’s a winner in the Aberdeen game .

lots of permutations - let’s just pump them by 5 and settle it .

What's the words to the wee Natty Atkinson ditty? Couldn't make it all out on the video I seen on Twitter. 

Nick Walsh is a fud. 

1-0 Hearts in a stop start game dictated by the fud in black. 

Ronald Villiers

Sibbick can play left back and has a bit of pace to take care of that Casper guy.  Just saying....

I’d go…

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Kingsley Cochrane

Haring Halliday

McEneff Boyce McKay

Simms

2-0 to Hearts.

The Grim Reaper
11 hours ago, Gorgieshed said:

We should never put out a weakened side Vs Hibs. Strongest possible team, if we get injuries so be it, it's all part or the game.

No ifs buts or maybes, we should be doing everything we can to scud them every time we play them.

100%

It's reasonably equal in terms of injuries.  They have also been hard hit and they lose Porty as well.

That's advantage Hearts.  They have to win therefore we have to strike first in all probability and open them up.

I'm very confident.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’d go…

Gordon

Haring Halliday

McEneff Boyce McKay

Simms

2-0 to Hearts.

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

"Haliday" very much hope not, he's done in midfield and not much better in defence.

I think he’s been good recently. Who would you play in midfield then?

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think he’s been good recently. Who would you play in midfield then?

He’s been good when at left back. First game in a while at centre mid at the weekend and was virtually non existent. I would play Sibbick there, or hope that Devlin or Smith is fit. 

11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

He’s been good when at left back. First game in a while at centre mid at the weekend and was virtually non existent. I would play Sibbick there, or hope that Devlin or Smith is fit. 

Me too and I think he only played there because Sibbick had to cover for Atkinson I do not envisage Halliday being at centre mod for us in any other scenario than last choice

1 hour ago, karipidis said:

Sibbick just doesn’t fill me with any confidence. At least Halliday is experienced.

I’d even be tempted to put McEneff in midfield and bring in Woodburn out wide before playing Sibbick.

Gordon

Haring Devlin/Halliday

McKay Boyce GMS

Simms 

McEneff to come on

Doesnt GMS have a good record against Hibs? Can see him starting if he’s fit. If Devlin plays he’ll put Halliday at left back. 

I wouldn’t have Sibbick in the starting 11. He’s not ready yet for such a big game.

We need level heads and experience. Sibbick has a bomb scare moment or 2 in him which can be coached out of him in time.

Bring him on if we are comfortably winning so he gets to feel the atmosphere.