***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

4 minutes ago, lmc1 said:

Will gms, devlin or souttar be available next week / semis?

No chance we will see Souttar again

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Rick Sanchez

Gordon

Atkinson

Moore

Sibbick

Cochrane

McEneff

Halliday

Ginnelly

Woodburn

GMS

Simms

5-1.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Enough of this resting players guff, get these ***** pumped and on a downer for the semi final. 

This is the correct approach. Put down a marker for Hampden. 

Our complete league domination of them in season 2011-12 didn’t do us any harm at all. They knew they were up against it in the final.

Put out a weakened team next Saturday, allow them the chance to get a rare win and you provide them with an unnecessary psychological boost. To be avoided at all costs.

8 minutes ago, leginten said:

Our complete league domination of them in season 2011-12 didn’t do us any harm at all. They knew they were up against it in the final.

Put out a weakened team next Saturday, allow them the chance to get a rare win and you provide them with an unnecessary psychological boost. To be avoided at all costs.

How about the message we would send them if we rest 3 of our best players and still beat them? 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

How about the message we would send them if we rest 3 of out best players and still beat them? 🤔

That would be nice. But it’s not worth the risk. We’re still looking for our first derby win this season…

Fxxx the SPFL

We will beat them but they could still finish 6th only a sheep or county win will push them out can’t see any of the others winning 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, leginten said:

Spot on 👍🏽

28 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

We will beat them but they could still finish 6th only a sheep or county win will push them out can’t see any of the others winning 

Would a Livingston and County win not do the trick

lost in space
1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Gordon

Atkinson

Moore

Sibbick

Cochrane

McEneff

Halliday

Ginnelly

Woodburn

GMS

Simms

5-1.

Put Stewart on for Gordon - and that team couldn't beat Brora.

We don't want hobos in top 6.  Play our best players.

I want our best 11 on until such time we are a few goals up. Then might be the time to rest guys that might be important for the semi. Get them pumped first I say👍

Fxxx the SPFL
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Would a Livingston and County win not do the trick

Yeah Livi sheep or county could be interesting assuming we stuff the hobbits 

We do not actually have a lot options for next week. Very important Atkinson is back in, Sibbick can move into midfield. Probably then a straight choice between Halliday and McEneff, although I would prefer to fit in  Gino.

Gordon

Atkin...Halk...Kings

Sibbs..Haring

McKy...Boyce..Coch

Gino......Simms

9 hours ago, Canscot said:

I want our best 11 on until such time we are a few goals up. Then might be the time to rest guys that might be important for the semi. Get them pumped first I say👍

Absolutely. Strongest 11 and a decent win then Hibs could be beat before a ball is kicked in the semi. 

Mackenzie Kirk to pinch a goal next weekend and earn himself a place on the bench for the semi then follow in his fathers foot steps by netting in a high scoring derby victory

9 hours ago, lost in space said:

Put Stewart on for Gordon - and that team couldn't beat Brora.

We don't want hobos in top 6.  Play our best players.

Normal service has been resumed from the interplanetary empty vessel, I see. 😉

Remember the unimpeachable Brendan Rodgers' 18 month, 69 games unbeaten run and who it was who brought that to an end? No? Allow me.

Firstly, just to ram home the crassness of your comment, I'll firstly point out that Gordon was their 'keeper that fine day.

Secondly, it was the much maligned Levein at the helm up against St Brendan.

As for the team that Hearts put out vis-a-vis Celtic? For sure, more than a few players who have been roundly berated on this forum.

Who would've even dared to predict the eventual outcome? Check out Celtic's team that day ... and, besides the obvious quality and value in £s of the starting 11, see who they were able to bring on from their bench.

Given that the result of the match between the following 2 line-ups was a resounding 4-0 thumping, methinks that our current squad, even allowing for injuries, is head and shoulders above any Hibs team likely to appear under Maloney. Hence, a total spanking incoming for the Hobos. Mind you, I suspect that Rodgers, the Celtic team, and their unhygenic hordes thought much the same about Levein and our squad. So, with no complacency and total endeavour there really should be only one outcome.

HEARTS                        CELTIC

Mgr: C Levein            Mgr: B Rodgers

McGlaughlin              Gordon

Brandon                     Lustig

Berra                          Simunovic

Bauben                       Boyata

Smith                          Tierney

Randall                        Brown

Cowie                          Ntcham

Callachan                    McGregor

Cochrane                    Forrest

Milinkovic                    Sinclair

Lafferty                       Griffiths

Subs:                           Subs:

Stockton                      Edouard

Grzelak                        Armstrong

McDonald                    Dembele

Here are 3 links for anyone who would like to reprise the match:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42297312

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11174877/hearts-4-0-celtic-scottish-champions-record-69-game-unbeaten-run-ends

If there is a winner in the Aberdeen Ross County game then a draw will not be enough for Hibs to get in the top 6. The only way they get in the top 6 with a draw

is if that game is a draw (not that unlikely tbf). Only way they get in with a loss is if Aberdeen Ross County is a draw and Livi fail to beat Motherwell.

Edited by karipidis

13 hours ago, cookieboy said:

pay it whenever mate we are doing these ****ers 

Best £10 I’ll ever spend. :lol: 

13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

jim-carrey-ace-ventura.gif

I’m sorry. :( I’ve been scarily accurate with my Hearts predictions this season but hope I’m well off the mark this time.

Lets shag these ****s.

13 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Where is Jonno? I love his way of saying offensive sheet?

Have wondered where our favourite hibby hater is. He is so eloquent in his posts about them

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Have wondered where our favourite hibby hater is. He is so eloquent in his posts about them

Someone on here said he was fed up with all the negativity on here so has stepped back.  Gutted.

I know I shouldn't but I did...

Read 2 threads last night, Maloney out and Why did we sack Jack Ross.

Disser Pointon
14 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Draw in this game and then win the cup game 

I think we would all take that 

Which is what I think will happen.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely. Strongest 11 and a decent win then Hibs could be beat before a ball is kicked in the semi. 

Got to be.  You can argue anything can happen in a single game of football (bad luck, team doesn’t turn up, ref decisions etc..) but apart from having better players and organisation, having a mental start on a opponent can play a huge part.

The last thing we need is to put a little pressure on ourselves and hand them a bit confidence by playing a makeshift team next week in the hope it’s enough to win. 

Momentum in performance and mentality is the key for me. We need to find the gears now and demolish this mob in the next two weeks. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

If we win both I do not think they will recover and I genuinely think they will finish 11 th 

That would be :sweeet:

Ronald Villiers
53 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I know I shouldn't but I did...

Read 2 threads last night, Maloney out and Why did we sack Jack Ross.

So did I mate.  Wallace Mercer thread aswell.  Vermin tramps!

Just now, Marvin said:

That would be :sweeet:

There are already real grumbles of discontent before the games have even arrived a great many of them have seen through Maloneys bull shit if we beat them twice and destroy their season then it will be bedlam and I do not think they have the character to survive the tail spin

12 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Got to be.  You can argue anything can happen in a single game of football (bad luck, team doesn’t turn up, ref decisions etc..) but apart from having better players and organisation, having a mental start on a opponent can play a huge part.

The last thing we need is to put a little pressure on ourselves and hand them a bit confidence by playing a makeshift team next week in the hope it’s enough to win. 

Momentum in performance and mentality is the key for me. We need to find the gears now and demolish this mob in the next two weeks. 

Totally agree. 👍

6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

If we win both I do not think they will recover and I genuinely think they will finish 11 th 

I think they will be a fairly comfortable 8th or 9th but if St Johnstone can continue their recent form any of the bottom 6 could be dragged into it. Could be an interesting sideshow on our way to European Group Football. 

We need to win both games although for me the cup semi is more important given the monetary value and also an important tool to attract better talent to the club.

With that said, our recent performances have been, in my opinion, below par. On paper we should easily beat Hibs in both games but the truth is we just haven't taken our chances and that has been detrimental to us winning. 

3 hours ago, Skacelsid said:

We do not actually have a lot options for next week. Very important Atkinson is back in, Sibbick can move into midfield. Probably then a straight choice between Halliday and McEneff, although I would prefer to fit in  Gino.

Gordon

Atkin...Halk...Kings

Sibbs..Haring

McKy...Boyce..Coch

Gino......Simms

I wouldn't have Cochrane anywhere near our team especially up against Cadden.

RN has removed a lot of the doubts I, and others, had about him but I am still concerned about his approach and record in the derby.

True, he's already beaten Hibs at Hampden, and credit to him, but this season has been disappointing. Derby draws/breaking even are a joy to the Hibby only.

I really hope for his, my and our sake that he blows this remaining doubt out the water by beating that mob twice.

Hearts, and Robbie, can do it. Of course they can. Make it happen lads.

:flagwave:

1 minute ago, Mr Kipling said:

We need to win both games although for me the cup semi is more important given the monetary value and also an important tool to attract better talent to the club.

With that said, our recent performances have been, in my opinion, below par. On paper we should easily beat Hibs in both games but the truth is we just haven't taken our chances and that has been detrimental to us winning. 

We are below par because we have been missing key players, one of our below par games happened because our key players all got injured within an hour.I think you need to factor in how shite Hibs are in your assessment though. Ross County have been a far better team than Hibs for months. 

10 minutes ago, karipidis said:

When was the last time a home side won this fixture? End of 17/18 season when we beat them 2-1? 

In a weeks time we can all say

YESTERDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Exactly this. Morale is currently very low down the road - they’re not winning games, they’re not scoring much, and to say there were already mutterings about Maloney would be a considerable understatement. And despite allowing their fans to buy two tickets each for the semi-final, they’re rightly worried that their Hampden attendance will once again be an embarrassment.

A win for them next Saturday would change all of that in an instant. Therefore we have to do everything we can to grind them into the dust at Tynecastle. Far from being a relatively meaningless rehearsal for the following week, next week’s game is now massively bigger than the previous two derbies this season.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think they will be a fairly comfortable 8th or 9th but if St Johnstone can continue their recent form any of the bottom 6 could be dragged into it. Could be an interesting sideshow on our way to European Group Football. 

I just think there is so much discontent there already that two losses to us would cause them irreparable damage and think it would see them relegated

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Exactly this. Morale is currently very low down the road - they’re not winning games, they’re not scoring much, and to say there were already mutterings about Maloney would be a considerable understatement. And despite allowing their fans to buy two tickets each for the semi-final, they’re rightly worried that their Hampden attendance will once again be an embarrassment.

A win for them next Saturday would change all of that in an instant. Therefore we have to do everything we can to grind them into the dust at Tynecastle. Far from being a relatively meaningless rehearsal for the following week, next week’s game is now massively bigger than the previous two derbies this season.

Can you imagine the sale of tickets for both teams if we give them a proper slap next Saturday, not a stage managed fake one like the Oscars 😆

Pasquale for King

I just think there is so much discontent there already that two losses to us would cause them irreparable damage and think it would see them relegated

Oooh that sounds good to me 👍🏽

You never know. I do think we’ll beat them twice so as long as we do our bit…

Gorgie_Rules

Can’t rest them all, but Gordon, Kingsley, Halkett, McKay and Boyce are all a level above what hibs have, as are Devlin and Souttar who there is obvious injury concerns about. 

Feel we need to rest/protect some of the above as well as keep something up our sleeve for the following week. Its also a chance to give the likes of Ginnelly, GMS, McEneff and Woodburn an opportunity to earn a start the following week.

Gordon

Sibbick (needs minutes)

Halkett

Moore (rest Kingsley)

Cochrane

McEneff (rest Haring)

Halliday

GMS (rest McKay)

Woodburn (rest Boyce)

Ginnelly

Simms

Our fates always feel some what linked to me whether we want to acknowledge it or not our successes seem to always coincide with their failures and we are always there when they **** things up

1998 Cup win Hibs relegated

4 - 0 Semi Final

1 - 5 Final

Relegation derby

I think this season will join those great events of the past

Gorgie_Rules
18 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

In our last 6 we have won 4 and drawn 2, felt we were the better team yesterday and aside from a poor 15 minute spell which ended with them scoring we would have won the match.

Captain Sausage

There is absolutely zero chance Neilson is resting anyone on Saturday. Full strength line up and I fancy us to win by a solitary goal. 

avhudtheteeshirt

Its a tough one to call this time, the Hibbees don't give themselves much chance of a result in both games?

If we play our own game and take it to them we'll be fine!

We don't want to sit back and expect to win both games, we need to fight for everything!!!