***** Official Heart of Midlothian versus Hibernian Match Thread *****

cookieboy

11 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I am hoping we hit top form for the first time this season...

I was chatting with a guy after the game and said I feel we hardly got out of 2nd gear and were massively comfortable, in all honesty I think if we hadn't the cup semi next week we would have skudded them 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• ri Alban

• Factuer Moi

• ...andFulton'sBaggio

Factuer Moi
9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I was chatting with a guy after the game and said I feel we hardly got out of 2nd gear and were massively comfortable, in all honesty I think if we hadn't the cup semi next week we would have skudded them 

It is frustrating we start games on the back foot, not sure why that is. To be fair to Hibs they have something to work with. We found a performance, we had to fight for it though.

I will save my thoughts on the Semi Final, the Derby is always massive. If We can keep the hype to a controllable level within the sqaud, We have a massive future ahead.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Yesterday was only 50% of the job.

This Saturday is where we finish them off. 

I'd argue 20%. 

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Halliphax said:

Boyce done that for him with his first goal.

I've been pretty vocal in my criticism of Boyce but ever since dropping back to number 10 and watching him throw the hush gesture at the hobos I've got a new found love for him.

//Edit - Cochrane was doing it as well according to a photo further up the thread, delightful amount of brotherhood in our team.

I was just away to say Boyce and Cochrane both got stuck in.

They ****ing hate the hibs

:pleasing:

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I'd argue 20%. 

20% in terms of result importance, but in terms of mental dominance 50% seems fair enough.

Both squads now know as cold hard fact we're much better than them

:verysmug:

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

20% in terms of result importance, but in terms of mental dominance 50% seems fair enough.

An early goal next week and it could be a memorable day indeed. I expect they will be much more aggressive and will try to frustrate us. We need to fire out the traps.

Bazzas right boot

There was one disappointment yesterday. 

3-1 with 30 minutes left, it should have been 5.

Finger oot! 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Good points , they also went a goal up and still got pumped. 

I'd say that mentally hibs are done already. 

They know we are better, they know even if they score first we can over come it, they are resigned to the Bottom 6. 

Hibs fans even got their Halliday banter flung back at them

The only glimmer of hope is that our midfield is a bit weak, but one of the replacements scored 2 v them. 

McKay will also  be giving their defenders nightmares while Hanlon crys at the thought of being bullied by Simms again. 

Hibs fc and their fans are mentally  about 95% done. 

Their fans know it is well. 

Factuer Moi

Tam Silenced.

Listen to this priceless piece of Commentary.

Edited by Factuer Moi

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 hours ago, Hannibal Lecter said:

Doyle-Hayes got booked immediately after our first goal before the game restarted.

I stand corrected, must've been celebrating the goal too much to notice. 😉

17 hours ago, gavvy said:

I'm a little bit in love with Barrie

Just a little bit?  I'm completely smitten!

Batistuta87

Sitting here thinking about Chris Mueller since I just seen from the video doing the rounds that he's the Hibs player Halliday left on his arse with his wee Cruyff turn...

When Hibs announced they'd signed him I must admit I was quite impressed, maybe even a little jealous, that they'd landed someone who actually looked quite decent. He'd looked good in the MLS and I was convinced he shouldn't really have been there, and would be appearing in the USMNT soon. I mean the guy was keeping Nani out of the Orlando team at one point...

But naw, he's utter shite, and he completely lost the head yesterday - throwing tantrums, going mental at the ref, needlessly fouling Hearts players, mouthing off, slapping the ground when things didn't go his way, and just generally being a crabbit wee *******. 

Things you love to see eh.... 😂 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ex member of the SaS

First chance I have had to get on due to domestic problems. What a great result and it's always good to show them how it's done, but why the feck do we always start so slow and only get going in the second half? Once again the backward play nearly cost us when Halket slipped and even half time commentators mentioned we do this far too often.

I sincerely hope we get wired in from KO next week and give them another could have been 10 game. They really are such a lucky team as the first goal was two deflections and their goal against Aberdeen was also a deflection, so they can hardly claim one of their players had scored, so yet another goalless game for them to ponder over.

Anyway as I said a great result and another like it next week please.

11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sitting here thinking about Chris Mueller since I just seen from the video doing the rounds that he's the Hibs player Halliday left on his arse with his wee Cruyff turn...

When Hibs announced they'd signed him I must admit I was quite impressed, maybe even a little jealous, that they'd landed someone who actually looked quite decent. He'd looked good in the MLS and I was convinced he shouldn't really have been there, and would be appearing in the USMNT soon. I mean the guy was keeping Nani out of the Orlando team at one point...

But naw, he's utter shite, and he completely lost the head yesterday - throwing tantrums, going mental at the ref, needlessly fouling Hearts players, mouthing off, slapping the ground when things didn't go his way, and just generally being a crabbit wee *******. 

Things you love to see eh.... 😂 

He's a horrible player.  A sneaky little shit who instead of actually buckling down and affecting the game with his ability (seems to have a bit of it), instead dives, rolls around, moans and basically acts a dick.  There are a few types of "being Hibs".  This is definitely one of them.

When things weren't going our way on Saturday, we puffed our chests out and doubled down.

I was same as you when I read about his guy in the summer, looked good in all honesty.  Seen him a couple of times now and he's basically a bitch.

20 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

It is frustrating we start games on the back foot, not sure why that is. To be fair to Hibs they have something to work with. We found a performance, we had to fight for it though.

I will save my thoughts on the Semi Final, the Derby is always massive. If We can keep the hype to a controllable level within the sqaud, We have a massive future ahead.

To over analyse the game on Sat, it was circumstance and slice of luck.  Let's remember their goal came from OUR CORNER.  So we started on the front foot enough to win a corner in 3 minutes.  They played a ball up the pitch and double deflection on a hopeful shot later, we've had a big setback.

To be fair to them, they took the lift this gave them and their energy for the next 10 mins was excellent and our lads were rocked.  That's fine though.  We didn't drop our heads at all, it just got a bit frantic is all.

We still had Boyce and even McKay winning 50/50s and hard tackles in the middle of the pitch, remember.  We fought to earn our football.  I kind of see it differently from other occasions, like the last derby, where we definitely started slowly.

With that in mind, if you look at that trait alone, after the last derby which came after a poor run of form, the team notably started starting games really well.  The next 4 games, we came out the traps really well.  I like that about us and Robbie.  Something isn't right, we fix it.

Not saying it isn't a concern, but I am saying I think it's something the lads themselves know about and I think the effort will be to take control early.  They know how fragile Hibs are.  They knew this last Saturday too, but Hibs got a wee stroke of luck which changed the dynamic.

All very maroon perspective, but I think sound looking at the game in isolation and against our last few matches,  A wee caveat against all this is that I think Cam Devlin is big for this quick start.  Whether he's available and whether we'd bring him in.  Duno.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

First chance I have had to get on due to domestic problems. What a great result and it's always good to show them how it's done, but why the feck do we always start so slow and only get going in the second half? Once again the backward play nearly cost us when Halket slipped and even half time commentators mentioned we do this far too often.

I sincerely hope we get wired in from KO next week and give them another could have been 10 game. They really are such a lucky team as the first goal was two deflections and their goal against Aberdeen was also a deflection, so they can hardly claim one of their players had scored, so yet another goalless game for them to ponder over.

Anyway as I said a great result and another like it next week please.

Our system dictates playing back and sideways if things look crowded out, change the angles, go again.

It doesn't work so well when we're a bit rattled, and that's what I think happened on Saturday.

They got a lucky break, their tails went up and we lost a bit of composure, it was circumstance rather than starting badly I felt.

Batistuta87
29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He's a horrible player.  A sneaky little shit who instead of actually buckling down and affecting the game with his ability (seems to have a bit of it), instead dives, rolls around, moans and basically acts a dick.  There are a few types of "being Hibs".  This is definitely one of them.

When things weren't going our way on Saturday, we puffed our chests out and doubled down.

I was same as you when I read about his guy in the summer, looked good in all honesty.  Seen him a couple of times now and he's basically a bitch.

Yeah he is a horrible wee rat. I don't mind a bit of arrogance and hot-headedness from players if they use it right and can back it up on the pitch, but he was found out on Saturday and just started acting like a spoiled wee lassie. Can't believe he's 25 as well - if you'd asked me to guess his age I would have said about 22/23 at the most.

0 goals, 0 assists too 🤣

Terrible player.

40 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah he is a horrible wee rat. I don't mind a bit of arrogance and hot-headedness from players if they use it right and can back it up on the pitch, but he was found out on Saturday and just started acting like a spoiled wee lassie. Can't believe he's 25 as well - if you'd asked me to guess his age I would have said about 22/23 at the most.

0 goals, 0 assists too 🤣

Terrible player.

He even tried to claim their goal, pretending it came off him when it actually deflected off Kingsley.  

Factuer Moi
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

To over analyse the game on Sat, it was circumstance and slice of luck.  Let's remember their goal came from OUR CORNER.  So we started on the front foot enough to win a corner in 3 minutes.  They played a ball up the pitch and double deflection on a hopeful shot later, we've had a big setback.

To be fair to them, they took the lift this gave them and their energy for the next 10 mins was excellent and our lads were rocked.  That's fine though.  We didn't drop our heads at all, it just got a bit frantic is all.

We still had Boyce and even McKay winning 50/50s and hard tackles in the middle of the pitch, remember.  We fought to earn our football.  I kind of see it differently from other occasions, like the last derby, where we definitely started slowly.

With that in mind, if you look at that trait alone, after the last derby which came after a poor run of form, the team notably started starting games really well.  The next 4 games, we came out the traps really well.  I like that about us and Robbie.  Something isn't right, we fix it.

Not saying it isn't a concern, but I am saying I think it's something the lads themselves know about and I think the effort will be to take control early.  They know how fragile Hibs are.  They knew this last Saturday too, but Hibs got a wee stroke of luck which changed the dynamic.

All very maroon perspective, but I think sound looking at the game in isolation and against our last few matches,  A wee caveat against all this is that I think Cam Devlin is big for this quick start.  Whether he's available and whether we'd bring him in.  Duno.

Great post.

I probably used the wrong word, the back foot meaning going a goal down early then having to fight as you say  I agree with your post.

On 06/04/2022 at 23:48, Armageddon said:

I genuinely think we go into these games too calm as a team and we don't seem to have a Locke in the dressing room giving it the big talk, they always come out the traps and it takes us 20 minutes to settle.

Just ****ing kick them off the park, get right into them, bully them, take whatever comes from that, pump them and leave them fearing next week.

Glad to say I was wrong, but also how right was I?!!

On 09/04/2022 at 15:22, Jamhammer said:

Kingsley also having a mare

On 09/04/2022 at 15:23, Maroonjam said:

Haliday in middle is a bomb scare

On 09/04/2022 at 15:27, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I wonder what week the Easter Road game will be?

On 09/04/2022 at 15:29, Stephane9 said:

Crazy going 3 at the back, Cochrane and Sibbick were poor as orthodox fullbacks last week, just as bad in a back three. Why are we trying to match Hibs with 5 in midfield when we are a better team. We have no shape in midfield.

On 09/04/2022 at 15:30, NANOJAMBO said:

Couldn't score in a brothel.

On 09/04/2022 at 15:46, best in the land said:

Ffs halliday hopeless

Just a very small selection of my match day thread LOL's :)

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Just a very small selection of my match day thread LOL's :)

In my defense. And in all honesty I have no defense. I posted at 3.27. We looked terrible when I hit “send” 

More than happy to be pulled up.