Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

It's not inside the ground, but right beside it.

Said with such confidence. 

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Our executive pitch view rooms provide comfort and space to relax in style while offering unique views of the Bloomfield Road playing surface.

Please note: Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's only the Executive rooms that are in the stand, I think, but they're instructed to close curtains 90 minutes before KO, until the final whistle

Here it is built into the corner; the other corner at opposite end of the stand is empty 👇

Un.thumb.jpg.da141bf84fb365cba8c32ba66605adb0.jpg

RustyRightPeg
47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Our executive pitch view rooms provide comfort and space to relax in style while offering unique views of the Bloomfield Road playing surface.

Please note: Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

Close your curtains 😂

What a pile of shite. If you take one step forward out your sliding door suddenly you're allowed to watch.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

In a coincidental turn of fate, I'm staying in the Blackpool stadium (Radisson) in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see how it compares.

A full comprehensive report with photographs will be expected 😏

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

aye…..that will be right.

IMG_6075.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3

davemclaren
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

aye…..that will be right.

IMG_6075.jpeg

Exactly. 😄

Birregrande
On 23/03/2024 at 17:52, kila said:

Nice of you to let the duck have a final meal of its own 

:Shanks:

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kila said:

That room looks miles better than Tynecastle...?!

The only issue is that the room is in Blackpool. 

GinRummy
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The only issue is that the room is in Blackpool. 

Yep, no good for the festival or the rugby and the photo makes the bed look about 20 feet wide so room unlikely to be as big as it seems. 

One five

I was at the hotel for a one night stay lovely meal a few beers a chat with some very nice people ( Hearts fans of course) very nice room ( personally I don’t give a shit about a window) great breakfast. Really enjoyed it.

Will definitely do it again. 

jimbojambo
3 hours ago, One five said:

I was at the hotel for a one night stay lovely meal a few beers a chat with some very nice people ( Hearts fans of course) very nice room ( personally I don’t give a shit about a window) great breakfast. Really enjoyed it.

Will definitely do it again. 

Exactly. A great night for a Jambo. Why nit pick? 

FarmerTweedy
11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

£300K in the first month? Wow!

Surely that's advance bookings as well? Not £300k/month (£3.6M/Year Average)?

Still, awesome!

I'm fairly sure that will just be the first month's business. At the AGM, the club said over £1m of income was forecast up to 30th June, so basically 5 months, meaning over £200k per month. For the first month, with the introductory offer and the level of interest from fans in trying out the hotel (as seen on this thread), I think the place will have been very busy, and income will have been comfortably above the average monthly expected level. I do think things will probably drop off a bit once the initial rush of fans looking to try the place out subsides, although I'm sure it'll still be very lucrative, and will pick up again as summer approaches! 

Pans Jambo
10 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm fairly sure that will just be the first month's business. At the AGM, the club said over £1m of income was forecast up to 30th June, so basically 5 months, meaning over £200k per month. For the first month, with the introductory offer and the level of interest from fans in trying out the hotel (as seen on this thread), I think the place will have been very busy, and income will have been comfortably above the average monthly expected level. I do think things will probably drop off a bit once the initial rush of fans looking to try the place out subsides, although I'm sure it'll still be very lucrative, and will pick up again as summer approaches! 

Still, averaging around £200K/month is a revenue stream we did not have before. All goes into the pot :thumbs_up:

(well, obviously after the running costs etc. are deducted)

Edited by Pans Jambo

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Still, averaging around £200K/month is a revenue stream we did not have before. All goes into the pot :thumbs_up:

Yep, there are no negatives to this despite the disappointing breakfast for some. We’ve turned an empty unused space into an all year round revenue stream for the club. 

Quite interesting looking back on the thread . A fair bit of scepticism about how successful the hotel would be . Seems like we are doing better than some predicted . £300 k in a month is outstanding . I predicted a million a year and I think we will smash that . Good times 

Definitely think some people have a far worse impression of Gorgie than most . It is nowhere near as bad an area as some like to make out and if anything it is proving to be quite popular 

On 25/03/2022 at 19:00, Francis Albert said:

Not sure about a gym and spa but I can't see a hotel in Gorgie being an attraction. Even for Hearts fans. My wife would certainly not fancy it. Even on my own I wouldn't. Gorgie is fine  pre and post match but otherwise?

Strange this has emerged years after the original plans and design. Desperation?

The old 1960s social club revisited? Football clubs don't have a great record with non football related activities

On 25/03/2022 at 19:30, Francis Albert said:

I am not sure what the attractions of Haymarket are. Or Fountain Park for someone paying for a hotel. It is within striking distance ( for the few who don't find a 30 plus minute walk daunting) of the city centre but there are a huge number of hotel rooms many pretty cheap and much closer.

The conference and meeting rooms idea seemed to me half baked given that Murrayfied could offer more and with lots of parking.

This seems more odd. 

Why did we spend money on something we did not know what to do with?

On 26/03/2022 at 10:44, Francis Albert said:

Thanks for all the insults because I dared to express an opinion. Trouble is I am old enough to remember the launch of the old social club/bar/cabaret venue which was supposed to be a money spinner. We will see.

Seems to be spinning a bit of money already

On 27/03/2022 at 12:45, JimmyCant said:

Best case 12 rooms at 75% occupancy 365 nights at £100 a night after VAT and servicing costs is just over £300k a year. Deduct half that for staff and maintenance and equipment and you have £150k profit, so around 6 years before it pays for itself then you have to refurbish it

On 27/03/2022 at 15:49, JimmyCant said:

The Edinburgh tourist season runs from May to September. You’ll get close to 100% occupancy in a small boutique hotel and in August you can charge top dollar. Where hotels make or break though is between October and April when the occupancies go sharply down apart from event weekends like new year, rugby etc etc. midweek November through to March you will sit empty unless your price is highly competitive and you make yourself busy for next to no revenue when you deduct costs. 

Id be sceptical about the prospects of a small boutique hotel which is in a run down area with not much going for it apart from Hearts and Murrayfield and it’s not city centre. City centre in hotel terms means you fall out of bed into Princes Street or the High Street

You will of course be pretty pleased that it is doing better than you predicted on a few fronts . It appears to be on track to do better than my quite optimistic predictions too 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Quite interesting looking back on the thread . A fair bit of scepticism about how successful the hotel would be . Seems like we are doing better than some predicted . £300 k in a month is outstanding . I predicted a million a year and I think we will smash that . Good times 

Definitely think some people have a far worse impression of Gorgie than most . It is nowhere near as bad an area as some like to make out and if anything it is proving to be quite popular 

Seems to be spinning a bit of money already

You will of course be pretty pleased that it is doing better than you predicted on a few fronts . It appears to be on track to do better than my quite optimistic predictions too 

Delighted it has done well. I will add a positive note in response on Jimmy Cant's post defining the Edinburgh tourist season a May to September. That was true a few decades ago when I lived in the city but on visits these days it seems busy with tourists year round. 

And good to see a successor to the late lamented Lawsierre, extending the life span of posts to years.

gordon simpson
19 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Said with such confidence. 

looks like a typical Blackpool doss house 

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Delighted it has done well. I will add a positive note in response on Jimmy Cant's post defining the Edinburgh tourist season a May to September. That was true a few decades ago when I lived in the city but on visits these days it seems busy with tourists year round. 

And good to see a successor to the late lamented Lawsierre, extending the life span of posts to years.

I think your posts on the subject were interesting and sparked a pretty good debate

One five
14 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Exactly. A great night for a Jambo. Why nit pick? 

👍

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

That’s the same everywhere…..I’ve been taking tourists since early January and, I’m currently at about 95% booked up until the end of September where it drops off a bit but, that’s likely to hover around about 60-80% for the remainder of the year.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That’s the same everywhere…..I’ve been taking tourists since early January and, I’m currently at about 95% booked up until the end of September where it drops off a bit but, that’s likely to hover around about 60-80% for the remainder of the year.

who does the cooking in your howf

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

who does the cooking in your howf

Self….why?

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Self….why?

was just curious if you did your own or had someone come in and cook.

highlandjambo3
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

was just curious if you did your own or had someone come in and cook.

We only let out 2 double rooms and a single so only 5 for breakfast, or 6 if someone wants to use a fold down single bed…kids etc so it’s an easy cook off 😁

Fxxx the SPFL
33 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We only let out 2 double rooms and a single so only 5 for breakfast, or 6 if someone wants to use a fold down single bed…kids etc so it’s an easy cook off 😁

👍

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Completely agree regarding the tourist season in Edinburgh. Clearly we are ridiculously busy during the Festival/summer period  but the UK’s second most visited city is busy all year round. 

The Goalscoring Knee

V complimentary review, I thought, in the Times travel section today 

There is a joke to be had about the idea of going to Tynecastle Park in the hope of getting a good sleep. But that’s the reality at Heart of Midlothian’s home in 2024. The 150-year-old club they call the Jambos has opened Edinburgh’s most unlikely place to stay — a four-star hotel owned and operated by the club itself inside its stadium.

Opened last month, Tynecastle Park Hotel is neatly tucked into one corner of the stadium, where the fans’ experience on matchdays is regarded as one of the best in Scotland. Tynecastle has four compact and steep stands tightly enclosing the pitch, putting it in the Goldilocks zone when it comes to the ingredients for generating a cracking atmosphere. Throw in plenty of nearby pubs and Haymarket railway station 20 minutes’ walk away and you have a maroon cauldron ticking all the boxes as a modern football venue.

When Hearts committed to rebuilding the dilapidated main stand in 2017, the club realised it could offer more than just the usual corporate lounges and function suites in the new glass-fronted stand. And so the idea for a hotel was hatched.The hotel team in the stands

The target market is varied. Any reasonably priced hotel close to Edinburgh city centre should do OK for tourists. Hearts fans from near and far will fancy the idea of putting money into the club via an overnighter or a weekend break. Overseas visitors for their European games may do the same (tribalism dictates that for fans of rival Scottish clubs the very idea is utterly unthinkable, of course). The hope is that Six Nations fans will also see it as an intriguing option, given Murrayfield is just a mile away. The O2 Academy is within walking distance too.Club colours are used sparingly in the hope of reaching more than just the matchday crowd

Club colours are used sparingly in the hope of reaching more than just the matchday crowd

What Hearts have created is a neat, bright, functional hotel with a bit of class. Guests enter through the same main entrance as the players and management do on match days. At reception — after the tiny personal satisfaction of answering “And are you a Hearts fan yourself?” with “No, no, Aberdeen” — I headed upstairs past a warren of lounges and suites. These throb with people when there is a home game. A shrewd decision was taken not to make the bedrooms too “Heartsy”. No wall-to-wall maroon or posters of the Jambos legend John Robertson — it doesn’t feel as if you’ve walked into a Gorgie teenager’s bedroom. Barring a couple of tartan cushions on the bed and some maroon on a rug, the Hearts colours are barely visible at all. The rooms are bright and spotless and the en suite showers have a smart marble finish. It all feels satisfyingly modern and businesslike. Molton Brown toiletries are a nice touch.An en suite shower room

An en suite shower room.  Surprisingly the rooms don’t offer a view of the pitch — or at least not a real one. The design of the stand does not allow for that, but in some rooms the HD plasma screens feature a stream of the playing surface taken from a fixed camera high behind one of the goals. Unaware guests have mistakenly thought they were looking at a still image simply there to serve as wallpaper, only to then spot a groundsman walking out or a bird flying across the screen. If Hearts have a home game a guest can watch on that stream in their room. Meals are in the Skyline restaurant on the third floor with a three-course deal at £34.95. Starter options include chicken and black pudding terrine and cured duck breast. Mains include a haunch of venison bourguignon, seared guinea fowl, and fresh haddock fillet in a beer batter. No pie and Bovril here. The hotel may be new, but Skyline opened in 2019 and last year earned a spot in OpenTable’s UK Top 100 Restaurants. The food and service are excellent. The adjoining cocktail bar has a screen showing Sky Sports but the volume is low and unobtrusive. For football fans, especially, the whole hotel experience is enjoyable and different. Tynecastle has come a long way. About 25 years ago I went to an Aberdeen game there when there was a single lavatory cubicle for an away terrace capable of taking 8,000 fans. And it was out of order. In his seminal guide to British football grounds in 1987 the architectural historian Simon Inglis wrote affectionately of Tynecastle’s hemmed-in, inner city charm: “Tenements and a soot-coloured distillery watch over the ground like cell blocks over a prison yard.” Just as tourists delight in the ramparts and dungeons of Edinburgh Castle, he concluded, so “lovers of Scottish football delight in the cloistered intricacies of Tynecastle”. The old place has not moved an inch but … but, boy, has it grown and spread its wings.
Michael Grant was a guest of Tynecastle Park hotel (B&B doubles from £90, tynecastleparkhotel.com). Until March 31, the hotel has B&B doubles from £150, including dinner for two

AlimOzturk

This hotel is going to make us a lot of money isn’t it?

I think double the 1 million a year estimates. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Maybe the club could do a Heartsy room in the future

Room number 15

Robbo picture, Rudi and Willie Bauld etc with maroon wallpaper, Hearts crest duvet cover and lampshades etc 😂

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

There is a joke to be had about the idea of going to Tynecastle Park in the hope of getting a good sleep. But that’s the reality at Heart of Midlothian’s home in 2024. The 150-year-old club they call the Jambos has opened Edinburgh’s most unlikely place to stay — a four-star hotel owned and operated by the club itself inside its stadium.

Opened last month, Tynecastle Park Hotel is neatly tucked into one corner of the stadium, where the fans’ experience on matchdays is regarded as one of the best in Scotland. Tynecastle has four compact and steep stands tightly enclosing the pitch, putting it in the Goldilocks zone when it comes to the ingredients for generating a cracking atmosphere. Throw in plenty of nearby pubs and Haymarket railway station 20 minutes’ walk away and you have a maroon cauldron ticking all the boxes as a modern football venue.

When Hearts committed to rebuilding the dilapidated main stand in 2017, the club realised it could offer more than just the usual corporate lounges and function suites in the new glass-fronted stand. And so the idea for a hotel was hatched.The hotel team in the stands

The target market is varied. Any reasonably priced hotel close to Edinburgh city centre should do OK for tourists. Hearts fans from near and far will fancy the idea of putting money into the club via an overnighter or a weekend break. Overseas visitors for their European games may do the same (tribalism dictates that for fans of rival Scottish clubs the very idea is utterly unthinkable, of course). The hope is that Six Nations fans will also see it as an intriguing option, given Murrayfield is just a mile away. The O2 Academy is within walking distance too.Club colours are used sparingly in the hope of reaching more than just the matchday crowd

Club colours are used sparingly in the hope of reaching more than just the matchday crowd

What Hearts have created is a neat, bright, functional hotel with a bit of class. Guests enter through the same main entrance as the players and management do on match days. At reception — after the tiny personal satisfaction of answering “And are you a Hearts fan yourself?” with “No, no, Aberdeen” — I headed upstairs past a warren of lounges and suites. These throb with people when there is a home game. A shrewd decision was taken not to make the bedrooms too “Heartsy”. No wall-to-wall maroon or posters of the Jambos legend John Robertson — it doesn’t feel as if you’ve walked into a Gorgie teenager’s bedroom. Barring a couple of tartan cushions on the bed and some maroon on a rug, the Hearts colours are barely visible at all. The rooms are bright and spotless and the en suite showers have a smart marble finish. It all feels satisfyingly modern and businesslike. Molton Brown toiletries are a nice touch.An en suite shower room

An en suite shower room.  Surprisingly the rooms don’t offer a view of the pitch — or at least not a real one. The design of the stand does not allow for that, but in some rooms the HD plasma screens feature a stream of the playing surface taken from a fixed camera high behind one of the goals. Unaware guests have mistakenly thought they were looking at a still image simply there to serve as wallpaper, only to then spot a groundsman walking out or a bird flying across the screen. If Hearts have a home game a guest can watch on that stream in their room. Meals are in the Skyline restaurant on the third floor with a three-course deal at £34.95. Starter options include chicken and black pudding terrine and cured duck breast. Mains include a haunch of venison bourguignon, seared guinea fowl, and fresh haddock fillet in a beer batter. No pie and Bovril here. The hotel may be new, but Skyline opened in 2019 and last year earned a spot in OpenTable’s UK Top 100 Restaurants. The food and service are excellent. The adjoining cocktail bar has a screen showing Sky Sports but the volume is low and unobtrusive. For football fans, especially, the whole hotel experience is enjoyable and different. Tynecastle has come a long way. About 25 years ago I went to an Aberdeen game there when there was a single lavatory cubicle for an away terrace capable of taking 8,000 fans. And it was out of order. In his seminal guide to British football grounds in 1987 the architectural historian Simon Inglis wrote affectionately of Tynecastle’s hemmed-in, inner city charm: “Tenements and a soot-coloured distillery watch over the ground like cell blocks over a prison yard.” Just as tourists delight in the ramparts and dungeons of Edinburgh Castle, he concluded, so “lovers of Scottish football delight in the cloistered intricacies of Tynecastle”. The old place has not moved an inch but … but, boy, has it grown and spread its wings.
Michael Grant was a guest of Tynecastle Park hotel (B&B doubles from £90, tynecastleparkhotel.com). Until March 31, the hotel has B&B doubles from £150, including dinner for two

Good review.

There is something good about the standard the hotel has set itself. the way it has been decorated that it has touches of Hearts but they are subtle. Its impressive and hopefully a standard that is maintained. 

Not seen a bad review from anywhere yet . What a brilliant idea this was . Wonder when Hibs will copy us and make an arse of it like they do with everything else 

highlandjambo3
37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not seen a bad review from anywhere yet . What a brilliant idea this was . Wonder when Hibs will copy us and make an arse of it like they do with everything else 

This will be their MO:

IMG_6082.jpeg

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Maybe the club could do a Heartsy room in the future

Room number 15

Robbo picture, Rudi and Willie Bauld etc with maroon wallpaper, Hearts crest duvet cover and lampshades etc 😂

make this happen Hearts 

5 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Read this review this morning. Most surprising bit was the revelation that Michael Grant is an Aberdeen. Always thought he was Celtic. Maybe just the old Abergreen effect.

Also laughing at the predictions of Jimmy Cant. That's supposed to be his profession too! Oh dear, oh dear.

Zero credibility. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Read this review this morning. Most surprising bit was the revelation that Michael Grant is an Aberdeen. Always thought he was Celtic. Maybe just the old Abergreen effect.

Also laughing at the predictions of Jimmy Cant. That's supposed to be his profession too! Oh dear, oh dear.

Zero credibility. 

There's a lot of shit hotels out there

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Not seen a bad review from anywhere yet . What a brilliant idea this was . Wonder when Hibs will copy us and make an arse of it like they do with everything else 

They are more likely to do a shooting gallery, which will be more in line with their core support.

Braminho

Not long checked in, room is very nice,  the whole place is very very impressive 🍻

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

This hotel is going to make us a lot of money isn’t it?

I think double the 1 million a year estimates. 

Profit margins for higher end hotels are in the 20/25 % range sometimes slightly higher.  

a recent editorial peice said we had pulled in 300k since opening. Even if we managed to turnover 4 million - thats about 1m profit at 25%. 

Once we see the accounts for a year we will have a better idea of margin etc.

25 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Profit margins for higher end hotels are in the 20/25 % range sometimes slightly higher.  

a recent editorial peice said we had pulled in 300k since opening. Even if we managed to turnover 4 million - thats about 1m profit at 25%. 

When the festival rolls round...

giphy.gif

Naisy is going to have a nice transfer budget to work with I think.... hopefully can convince Shanks to extend!

johnking123
32 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

We are looking far higher.  50% as control everything.

heartsfc_fan
27 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We are looking far higher.  50% as control everything.

:pleasing:

buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Aye the new training facilities include a trailer park for the yanks who want to see what they get for their investment🚋🚋

8 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

This will be their MO:

IMG_6082.jpeg

Something a bit seedier looking I reckon . Neon sign outside and rooms by the hour 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Aye the new training facilities include a trailer park for the yanks who want to see what they get for their investment🚋🚋

Could see a caravan park on that site actually 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Something a bit seedier looking I reckon . Neon sign outside and rooms by the hour 

Could see a caravan park on that site actually 

Like a Eurocamp bit without the Euro

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, pablo said:

Zero credibility. 

Jimmy who

2 minutes ago, Homme said:

Like a Eurocamp bit without the Euro

Exactly :lol: 

Fxxx the SPFL
On 27/03/2022 at 12:45, JimmyCant said:

Best case 12 rooms at 75% occupancy 365 nights at £100 a night after VAT and servicing costs is just over £300k a year. Deduct half that for staff and maintenance and equipment and you have £150k profit, so around 6 years before it pays for itself then you have to refurbish it

Do you want to re-evaluate any of your posts regarding what the club will generate income wise from the Hotel 

Bull's-eye
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Do you want to re-evaluate any of your posts regarding what the club will generate income wise from the Hotel 

Why would he, he's an expert.

He told me so.