Tynecastle Park Hotel ( updated )

Thomaso

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Anyone else the proud owner of one of these? Barry White music, Skyline 3 courser and some bubbles.....show a picture to them of Craig Gordon et voilaScreenshot_20240318_170545_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e2db11ff70473025b2a364d5badcbda.jpg

:berra:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

Sinbad the Sailor
11 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Anyone else the proud owner of one of these? Barry White music, Skyline 3 courser and some bubbles.....show a picture to them of Craig Gordon et voila 😉😅Screenshot_20240318_170545_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e2db11ff70473025b2a364d5badcbda.jpg

I'm joking here in case the woke brigade don't like. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Anyone else the proud owner of one of these? Barry White music, Skyline 3 courser and some bubbles.....show a picture to them of Craig Gordon et voila 😉😅Screenshot_20240318_170545_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1e2db11ff70473025b2a364d5badcbda.jpg

I show myself a pic of Craigy to get me going.

Polonia Gorgie
52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I show myself a pic of Craigy to get me going.

Shankland for me these days!!

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Calling it Tynecastle High Club makes it sound like you did it at the school.

jimbojambo
Sinbad the Sailor
49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Calling it Tynecastle High Club makes it sound like you did it at the school.

Well have you seen the price of the rooms #behindthebikeshedroolz

johnking123
Fozzyonthefence
41 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Check out the one in Glenrothes ...

... or rather ...

... DON'T

😱

Never been in the hotel but not much in it between Glenrothes and Gorgie to be fair!

WeeToonJambo
12 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Stayed at The White Lady for a couple of nights.  Rooms were comfortable, bar and restaurant downstairs and buses to city centre every few minutes.  Good value for money.

There’s another Wetherspoons getting built in Ft William.  They’ve built the toilet first.

d361f828-10f4-4e59-9f11-35ba606fca43.jpeg

highlandjambo3
13 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

The new b & b/guest house laws which came into effect 01 Oct last year closed down thousands of accommodation outlets in Scotland……more clients for the bigger hotel chains……….liken it to your local butchers/grocers/fish mongers closing down because a new superstore (insert any name) opened up in the high street.  Not such a good thing imo.

hughesie27
18 hours ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

I'm joking here in case the woke brigade don't like. 

Don't think you understand what woke means.

Wee Mikey
14 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Never been in the hotel but not much in it between Glenrothes and Gorgie to be fair!

As per the Humpff Family rather being in George Square than Trafalgar, I'd far rather be in Gorgie than Glenrothes ... by a long, long way (regardless of any love interest).

Edited by Wee Mikey

manaliveits105
17 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Stayed in the one in Inverness was pretty good and reasonably priced - same street as Hootenanny's for a diddly dee night with foreign tourists 

Wee Mikey
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Stayed in the one in Inverness was pretty good and reasonably priced - same street as Hootenanny's for a diddly dee night with foreign tourists 

'A diddly dee night with foreign tourists'?

"Bring it OAN", say I.

Sinbad the Sailor
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Don't think you understand what woke means.

😁

Peakybunnet

Scotland play South Africa 10th November at Murrayfield. Managed to book 2 rooms for 2 nights at normal rate. It surprised me as thought they would bump it up. Now waiting for an email to say have cancelled

booking as prices were incorrect!😉

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Scotland play South Africa 10th November at Murrayfield. Managed to book 2 rooms for 2 nights at normal rate. It surprised me as thought they would bump it up. Now waiting for an email to say have cancelled

booking as prices were incorrect!😉

You bagged the Nelson Mandela Memorial adjoining rooms-cum-Suite special rate. Well done. 👍

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

You bagged the Nelson Mandela Memorial adjoining rooms-cum-Suite special rate. Well done. 👍

:oohmatron:

davemclaren

Lovely meal tonight ( venison was amazing ), bar was good ( a few cocktails along with the beer ) and the room is excellent. No complaints from me or my missus ( who is a tad more particular ). Will give My observations on breakfast tomorrow. 

jamboinglasgow

Saw this article today in the Herald which sounded a bit interesting and makes it sound (from the headline and first few paragraph) suggestions of further expansion. However I dont have a subscription with the Herald so it does not show the full article.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24199786.scottish-football-club-hearts-reveals-major-tynecastle-move/

Anyone with a subscription able to confirm what it says if it is talking about further expansion or if it is just talking about the new facilities such as the hotel.

PaddysBar
25 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Saw this article today in the Herald which sounded a bit interesting and makes it sound (from the headline and first few paragraph) suggestions of further expansion. However I dont have a subscription with the Herald so it does not show the full article.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24199786.scottish-football-club-hearts-reveals-major-tynecastle-move/

Anyone with a subscription able to confirm what it says if it is talking about further expansion or if it is just talking about the new facilities such as the hotel.

I don’t have a subscription but it’s showing the full article for me. 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club has unveiled a major expansion of its conference and event facilities as part of its “long-term goal to grow the business off the pitch”.

It declared this new investment is part of the “ongoing development” of Tynecastle Park.

The stadium now includes Tynecastle Park Hotel, which Hearts describes as the “first club-owned and operated hotel, conference and events space of its kind to be found anywhere in the UK”.

READ MORE: Rangers FC move is 'first of its kind for stadiums in Scotland'

Detailing its latest expansion, Hearts said: “The already well-established conference and events business has introduced six additional meeting and event spaces, all located within the main stand. There is now even more choice to stageconferences, exhibitions, trade shows, weddings, gala dinners, or parties.”

READ MORE: Ian McConnell: A typical Tory tale that rings ever more hollow

It added: “Smaller and more intimate spaces for exclusive boardroom meetings, private cocktail receptions and family gatherings are also available, whether for overnight guests or non-residents.

“Unique to Tynecastle Park, corporate guests can enjoy matchday experiences and access the community pitch for outdoor team-building. They can also enjoy dinner in the intimate setting of the Tynecastle Museum or the amazing Heart of Midlothian changing rooms.”

READ MORE: Landmark former hotel for sale years after devastating fire

The conference and event spaces at Tynecastle Park cover a total area of more than 2,000 square metres, the club noted.

Graeme Pacitti, hospitality operations director at Tynecastle Park, is responsible for Tynecastle Park Hotel, the Skyline Restaurant and the overall catering, events and hospitality business.

Mr Pacitti said: “As the only conference and events space of its kind to be found anywhere in the UK, we’re confident that our corporate and private guests will be excited to see our expanded choice of truly unique experiences at the iconic Tynecastle Park - the home of Heart of Midlothian FootballClub.

“Our latest investment and expansion is part of the club’s long-term goal to develop the business off the pitch and will continue to be supported by our award-winning in-house events and hospitality team.”

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I don’t have a subscription but it’s showing the full article for me. 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club has unveiled a major expansion of its conference and event facilities as part of its “long-term goal to grow the business off the pitch”.

It declared this new investment is part of the “ongoing development” of Tynecastle Park.

The stadium now includes Tynecastle Park Hotel, which Hearts describes as the “first club-owned and operated hotel, conference and events space of its kind to be found anywhere in the UK”.

READ MORE: Rangers FC move is 'first of its kind for stadiums in Scotland'

Detailing its latest expansion, Hearts said: “The already well-established conference and events business has introduced six additional meeting and event spaces, all located within the main stand. There is now even more choice to stageconferences, exhibitions, trade shows, weddings, gala dinners, or parties.”

READ MORE: Ian McConnell: A typical Tory tale that rings ever more hollow

It added: “Smaller and more intimate spaces for exclusive boardroom meetings, private cocktail receptions and family gatherings are also available, whether for overnight guests or non-residents.

“Unique to Tynecastle Park, corporate guests can enjoy matchday experiences and access the community pitch for outdoor team-building. They can also enjoy dinner in the intimate setting of the Tynecastle Museum or the amazing Heart of Midlothian changing rooms.”

READ MORE: Landmark former hotel for sale years after devastating fire

The conference and event spaces at Tynecastle Park cover a total area of more than 2,000 square metres, the club noted.

Graeme Pacitti, hospitality operations director at Tynecastle Park, is responsible for Tynecastle Park Hotel, the Skyline Restaurant and the overall catering, events and hospitality business.

Mr Pacitti said: “As the only conference and events space of its kind to be found anywhere in the UK, we’re confident that our corporate and private guests will be excited to see our expanded choice of truly unique experiences at the iconic Tynecastle Park - the home of Heart of Midlothian FootballClub.

“Our latest investment and expansion is part of the club’s long-term goal to develop the business off the pitch and will continue to be supported by our award-winning in-house events and hospitality team.”

Thanks

So just talking about the new facilities rather than any future plans.

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thanks

So just talking about the new facilities rather than any future plans.

Thought our playing budget was being slashed again after a couple of days :lol:

davemclaren
10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Lovely meal tonight ( venison was amazing ), bar was good ( a few cocktails along with the beer ) and the room is excellent. No complaints from me or my missus ( who is a tad more particular ). Will give My observations on breakfast tomorrow. 

I think breakfast was a bit disappointing compared to the rest of the experience.  Had the full Engerlish but thought the black pudding was a bit oily and not a fan of the wee potato things - prefer a hash brown.  😎

11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Go on then, how was the missus?!

Threedoorsdown

Hearts opening a hotel really brung out the creepy element in our support 😂

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You can get a Plaza room on Expedia for £101, which mildly surprised me, room only I think

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Hearts opening a hotel really brung out the creepy element in our support 😂

Open minded/ adventerous.... never creepy.

Jambo-Fox
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think breakfast was a bit disappointing compared to the rest of the experience.  Had the full Engerlish but thought the black pudding was a bit oily and not a fan of the wee potato things - prefer a hash brown.  😎

What!! No ‘Scoterish’ breakfast at Tynie?!!

We should try and get a means for guests to be able to see into the stadium imo. Not from the rooms, but some window or bar, or viewing area.

It's a novelty staying in a football stadium but you could be forgiven for not knowing that once you're passed reception (which is also an impressive feat). It will attract people for the novelty factor and not being able to see the pitch etc is probably a bit disappointing. My girlfriend really wanted to see it when we stayed surprisingly.

Edited by Taffin

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

What!! No ‘Scoterish’ breakfast at Tynie?!!

Nope.  A complete lack of haggis. 🥸

Worthing Jambo
42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We should try and get a means for guests to be able to see into the stadium imo. Not from the rooms, but some window or bar, or viewing area.

It's a novelty staying in a football stadium but you could be forgiven for not knowing that once you're passed reception (which is also an impressive feat). It will attract people for the novelty factor and not being able to see the pitch etc is probably a bit disappointing. My girlfriend really wanted to see it when we stayed surprisingly.

I thought the same.

There must be an entrance at Skyline level (used for corp) that could be taped off, just to give a view? 🤷‍♂️

Nobreath
49 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I thought the same as well. My partner was also hoping to see the stadium.

Pans Jambo
16 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I thought the same as well. My partner was also hoping to see the stadium.

Can you not just get off the elevator at the first floor onto the concourse and walk through?

Jack Torrance

Crikey, we've turned into Voyeurs as well 😆

Good point though. Maybe a walk round package during your stay, could be added.

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Can you not just get off the elevator at the first floor onto the concourse and walk through?

A lot of people won't be familiar with the layout of Tynecastle (hopefully, or the business model has failed) or comfortable with just wandering off into different parts of commercial buildings they are in.

Nobreath
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Possibly, but if it's not encouraged then most tend to think it's out of bounds.

alicante jambo

Stayed in the plaza room last night. Had a few bevvies in the bar area of the skyline and had the 2course dinner. Food was beautiful and big pat on the back to the staff really nice and friendly. Breakfast i really enjoyed got the full english really enjoyed it. What got me was though sitting on the sofa at the bar around 11 oclock last night thinking how far we have come its fecking unbelievable. The place is beautiful. The room as well we had 205 was beautuful nice view onto the plaza. If you can afford a night there give it a go its something i will never forget. Its something our neighbours can only dream of.

Jim Panzee
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

bah! whenever I see those pesky things my heart sinks.

if they're not replaced by hash browns for next season then board should step down......

Jambo-Fox
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Nope.  A complete lack of haggis. 🥸

Unbelievable… was your sausage 🔲?

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

bah! whenever I see those pesky things my heart sinks.

if they're not replaced by hash browns for next season then board should step down......

I've cancelled my FoH payment until it happens!! 

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Unbelievable… was your sausage 🔲?

It was one of those curled up ones.  I much prefer Lorne Sausage. 🥸

Jim Panzee
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I've cancelled my FoH payment until it happens!! 

thats the spirit! 

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Stayed in the plaza room last night. Had a few bevvies in the bar area of the skyline and had the 2course dinner. Food was beautiful and big pat on the back to the staff really nice and friendly. Breakfast i really enjoyed got the full english really enjoyed it. What got me was though sitting on the sofa at the bar around 11 oclock last night thinking how far we have come its fecking unbelievable. The place is beautiful. The room as well we had 205 was beautuful nice view onto the plaza. If you can afford a night there give it a go its something i will never forget. Its something our neighbours can only dream of.

We were dining and then sitting in the bar drinking cocktails last night.  A very enjoyable experience all round. 

alicante jambo

Dave that wasny you and your wife by any chance sitting behind us? I was sitting with my bird and the woman and her boy joined us. I was maybe a wee bit loud.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Dave that wasny you and your wife by any chance sitting behind us? I was sitting with my bird and the woman and her boy joined us. I was maybe a wee bit loud.

Yes, that was us. 😄

alicante jambo
Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes, that was us. 😄

Sound pal. We were wonering what you were drinking. Funny wee glasses you had the cocktails in. Glad you enjoyed it pal its an amazing place. What were them cocktails btw?