• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• highlandjambo3

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is funny when you read things like this praising it and then you read the bitter arseholes on Hibs and Aberdeen forums and it is a dilapidated bed and breakfast ………….. who to believe :lol: 

Football supporters are noted for their impartiality. 😎

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Football supporters are noted for their impartiality. 😎

True . A bit like when Shankland could only score penalties :lol: 

A case of just stubbornly sticking fingers in your ears and shouting lalalala 

Bull's-eye
27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is funny when you read things like this praising it and then you read the bitter arseholes on Hibs and Aberdeen forums and it is a dilapidated bed and breakfast ………….. who to believe :lol: 

Plenty culinary experts on here saying its a Shite breakfast as well. Possibly where the onlookers get their ammunition. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
57 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Plenty culinary experts on here saying its a Shite breakfast as well. Possibly where the onlookers get their ammunition. 

People are entitled to their opinion! Not anybodys fault your blood pressure goes up anytime anybody has anything negative to say

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Envy and jealous. I wouldn't pay any attention to what sheep and junkies have to say

Not long checked in and it's just 😍 finished to very high standard. Staff are very friendly, very impressed so far 👌🇱🇻

alicante jambo
27 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not long checked in and it's just 😍 finished to very high standard. Staff are very friendly, very impressed so far 👌🇱🇻

Enjoy it really is beautiful. Btw the breakfast is lovely. And for dinner i reccomend the duck for starter although the bird liked the fish cake and for the main the battered fish was amazing.

38 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Enjoy it really is beautiful. Btw the breakfast is lovely. And for dinner i reccomend the duck for starter although the bird liked the fish cake and for the main the battered fish was amazing.

Appreciate the advice although we were gifted vouchers for Cafe Andaluz so eating there. The Skyline is on the list tho 👌

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Fish cake was excellent. 

Clerry Jambo
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

You have an issue slagging off hearts fans very weird 

1 hour ago, alicante jambo said:

Nice of you to let the duck have a final meal of its own 

flecktimus
On 20/03/2024 at 23:39, davemclaren said:

Lovely meal tonight ( venison was amazing ), bar was good ( a few cocktails along with the beer ) and the room is excellent. No complaints from me or my missus ( who is a tad more particular ). Will give My observations on breakfast tomorrow. 

Not as nice as The Glenbank :)

davemclaren
1 hour ago, flecktimus said:

Not as nice as The Glenbank :)

👍😄

Bull's-eye
6 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Not at all, I'm perfectly polite and sociable to all Hearts fans.

luckyBatistuta

Our room was fantastic, bed was absolutely massive. Food was excellent too, highly recommend the Venison main and the Apple and Pear tartlet for dessert. All the staff were so friendly and couldn’t do enough for you, even the chef👏👏👏

Even had a wee chat with Ann who asked what we thought of the hotel and if we were happy with everything.

Selkirkhmfc1874
16 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Spot on Clerry 

Goodfella

Stayed here the last two nights. Was fantastic, genuinely lovely staff who were super professional. Room is far bigger than I expected. Surprised just how well fitted and thought out the little touches were, very impressed. 

On 23/03/2024 at 10:29, Bull's-eye said:

Don't need to be an expert, my good lady gave the breakfast 2 out of 5.   As the sky lounge manager commented to myself, Quote :- it's not hard to get a breakfast right.  

husref musemic

I stayed last weekend & as others have said it's an outstanding Luxury hotel. I've stayed in plenty hotels in West Edinburgh & this is streets ahead.

Skyline meal was excellent & the new bar at the end with the sofas is a great addition. Breakfast was nice, help yourself buffet juice cereals, toast etc & order cooked from the menu.

I couldn't believe it was tynecastle to be honest. Blown away. We are in good hands.

Edited by husref musemic

12 hours ago, husref musemic said:

I stayed last weekend & as others have said it's an outstanding Luxury hotel. I've stayed in plenty hotels in West Edinburgh & this is streets ahead.

Skyline meal was excellent & the new bar at the end with the sofas is a great addition. Breakfast was nice, help yourself buffet juice cereals, toast etc & order cooked from the menu.

I couldn't believe it was tynecastle to be honest. Blown away. We are in good hands.

Just a shame we had to demolish the rickety old lady with its iconic leaky ceiling and broken windows to build it :lol: 

gordon simpson
19 hours ago, goader said:

Don't need to be an expert, my good lady gave the breakfast 2 out of 5.   As the sky lounge manager commented to myself, Quote :- it's not hard to get a breakfast right.  

I stayed on Valentines and loved the whole experience

not one for sausage bacon and eggs at the best of times 

but to be honest thought it was ok  

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

£300K in the first month? Wow!

Surely that's advance bookings as well? Not £300k/month (£3.6M/Year Average)?

Still, awesome!

Maybe, but hopefully not, however, weren't the early prices heavily discounted, or most of them?

Maybe that was just for us fans, but there was a lot them that got the E-Mail offer

In a coincidental turn of fate, I'm staying in the Blackpool stadium (Radisson) in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see how it compares.

We_are_the_Hearts

Be interesting to see how it does once the discounts run out, is that the end of March?

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Be interesting to see how it does once the discounts run out, is that the end of March?

Very busy from what I heard. They are rammed over much of the summer for things like the Taylor Swift weekend (3 nights running in June at Murrrayfield) 

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Taffin said:

In a coincidental turn of fate, I'm staying in the Blackpool stadium (Radisson) in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see how it compares.

That will be interesting. 

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's not inside the ground, but right beside it.

13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That will be interesting. 

Do you think ? A small privately run bespoke hotel against a 66 room radisson stuck on the side of a stadium. Not sure what you would be comparing to be honest. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Do you think ? A small privately run bespoke hotel against a 66 room radisson stuck on the side of a stadium. Not sure what you would be comparing to be honest. 

I would actually expect the bespoke to be better without any experience of either. Bespoke businesses are not held back by constraints of chains, though a chain may be better placed in other aspects

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Interesting, I've got a room with a pitch view. Is it just a higher structure so can see over the stand?

gordon simpson
39 minutes ago, Taffin said:

probably the best hotel in Blackpool 

as most are doss houses in that cesspit of a town

will be interesting to see your report  

2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I would actually expect the bespoke to be better without any experience of either. Bespoke businesses are not held back by constraints of chains, though a chain may be better placed in other aspects

Generally speaking so would I to be honest. However a brand new hotel should get a little slack as it fine tunes its operation. The two hotels are not really comparable in any way though imo. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The rooms looks miles better at Tynecastle from the pictures in my confirmation email.

It has a 'gym' though which is always a winner when travelling for work.

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Interesting, I've got a room with a pitch view. Is it just a higher structure so can see over the stand?

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Our executive pitch view rooms provide comfort and space to relax in style while offering unique views of the Bloomfield Road playing surface.

Please note: Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kila said:

That room looks miles better than Tynecastle...?!

'At Tynecastle' 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Our executive pitch view rooms provide comfort and space to relax in style while offering unique views of the Bloomfield Road playing surface.

Please note: Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

Interesting. Very bland and basic looking compared to Tynecastle room wise. But that's quite cool, although sort of weird too 😂

Heartsfth

Imagine rows of football supporters right outside your bedroom window! Too weird for me but might appeal to certain niche markets 

Edited by Heartsfth

soonbe110
On 23/03/2024 at 10:29, Bull's-eye said:

😂😂😂😂

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Heartsfth said:

Imagine rows of football supporters right outside your bedroom window! Too weird for me but might appeal to certain niche markets 

It's only the Executive rooms that are in the stand, I think, but they're instructed to close curtains 90 minutes before KO, until the final whistle

19 hours ago, husref musemic said:

That is exactly what ALL Jambos supporters should be saying. Ignore the minor "opening" difficulties as the new Hotel is going to serve us well for many years to come. A real cash cow venture.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Said with such confidence. 

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

Ricardo Quaresma
16 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It's only the Executive rooms that are in the stand, I think, but they're instructed to close curtains 90 minutes before KO, until the final whistle

Here it is built into the corner; the other corner at opposite end of the stand is empty 👇

Un.thumb.jpg.da141bf84fb365cba8c32ba66605adb0.jpg

RustyRightPeg
47 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

£80ROOMS START FROM

IMG_4563.jpeg

Close your curtains 😂

What a pile of shite. If you take one step forward out your sliding door suddenly you're allowed to watch.

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

A full comprehensive report with photographs will be expected 😏

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It's in the stadium.  

Comfort with a
Spectacular view

Due to the EFL and FA guidelines we must request that all guests staying in our Executive Pitch View bedrooms, close their curtains 90 minutes prior to a home football match and throughout the remaining of the game.

aye…..that will be right.

IMG_6075.jpeg

Edited by highlandjambo3