*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

Chris could have just said bye, It's not like we've helped him through 2 big injuries that could have ended his career.

Yes he’s obviously quite a decent and respectful young man who has an affection for Hearts

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I dont

but would rather give our own youth players a chance 

So youd rather Chris Hamilton had played cm for us this season rather than foreign nobodies such as Beni, Devlin and Haring. You truly are insufferable.

Hard to tell if you're thick, a troll, or both. Know where my dosh is.

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes he’s obviously quite a decent and respectful young man who has an affection for Hearts

And for that he goes with our best wishes and hopefully he goes on to a decent career. Souttar can rot.

2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

And for that he goes with our best wishes and hopefully he goes on to a decent career. Souttar can rot.

I have no best wishes for Souttar either mate

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So youd rather Chris Hamilton had played cm for us this season rather than foreign nobodies such as Beni, Devlin and Haring. You truly are insufferable.

Hard to tell if you're thick, a troll, or both. Know where my dosh is.

The latter it took me about two posts of his to figure that out when I joined

Just now, Sooks said:

I have no best wishes for Souttar either mate

I wouldn't welcome him back, he's too injury prone for starters.

2 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Absolutely. Hope Hamilton goes on to big success in his future. The endorsement he got from Dick Campbell - something about him being exactly the sort of guy you want next to you in the trenches, speaks volumes. Campbell doesn't come off as the sort to talk nonsense. Obvious the boy has real heart and ability, its just a shame he's not quite worked out here. 

Best of luck to Chris! :) 

Just now, Herbert. said:

I wouldn't welcome him back, he's too injury prone for starters.

Sick of hearing about him to be honest 

jamboinglasgow

Heres a question for people, would you rather know if there is a great player we after who we could get but there is every chance we dont, or only hear about a player when they are just about to sign (i.e. a day before?)

Let me caveat this by saying that I mean while its happening, not that we find out months later that we were in for x player.

I think I would actually prefer the later, even though it may mean less news over the summer. I think the thought that we get excited about a player who we could be about to get then the big disappointment if it falls through I rather not have. I prefer the sudden rush of a player out of the blue signing.

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Could have recalled in January knowing Souttar was away 

Could indeed but not should. Could have dyed his hair blonde, worn a blouse and replaced Boyle at hibs.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Heres a question for people, would you rather know if there is a great player we after who we could get but there is every chance we dont, or only hear about a player when they are just about to sign (i.e. a day before?)

Let me caveat this by saying that I mean while its happening, not that we find out months later that we were in for x player.

I think I would actually prefer the later, even though it may mean less news over the summer. I think the thought that we get excited about a player who we could be about to get then the big disappointment if it falls through I rather not have. I prefer the sudden rush of a player out of the blue signing.

Would be good to know if we're talking to players and what position they play. 

Berra than you
29 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Robbie Neilson will be looking forward to next summer -when we will have no forwards or wingers or attacking midfield.

Suit his tactics perfectly........

Only kidding.... well mostly kidding....... well partly kidding!!!!😇

In fairness, I think McKay signed an extension so he's not out of contract until 2025 I think. The rest is a concern...

Edited by Berra than you

weegie jambo
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

yeah, I prefer the latter myself. It's one good thing about the current regime with JS. Beni, Cammy and McKay were all under the radar mostly as with the loan guys too. I much prefer this to endless speculation, will they/wont they sign with the likes of Shankland or Forrest. Having said that it's quite fun looking at speculative YouTube clips of sundry Japanese strikers we may/may not be looking at.

Thomson1874
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Robbie Neilson will be looking forward to next summer -when we will have no forwards or wingers or attacking midfield.

Suit his tactics perfectly........

Only kidding.... well mostly kidding....... well partly kidding!!!!😇

I somehow forgot about McKays extension to 2025 so Neilson will have to put up with at least one attacking player in the squad haha.

BackOfTheNet

Interesting thing about this window is that the window is it, we have to name our group stage squad (whether it be Europa or Conference) the day after the window closes. So any thought of a McKay style outside the window signing might be limited. There could be one, but not one that would be included in a European squad.

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

yeah, I prefer the latter myself. It's one good thing about the current regime with JS. Beni, Cammy and McKay were all under the radar mostly as with the loan guys too. I much prefer this to endless speculation, will they/wont they sign with the likes of Shankland or Forrest. Having said that it's quite fun looking at speculative YouTube clips of sundry Japanese strikers we may/may not be looking at.

I wont lie, I do like that too. Also like when from a few bits of information (when there is no name) kickback becomes sleuth and most of time tracks down who someone was hinting.

TBF, only Simms and McKay are good enough out of the attacking unit at present- although a fully fit and in-form Boyce would be too. 

Surely the only thing that all of kickback can agree on is bad players bad? Ergo, no players better than bad players as room to sign good players?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, CMc said:

TBF, only Simms and McKay are good enough out of the attacking unit at present- although a fully fit and in-form Boyce would be too. 

Surely the only thing that all of kickback can agree on is bad players bad? Ergo, no players better than bad players as room to sign good players?

Mackenzie Kirk worth a shot too?

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Forrest is away down south.

Where did you see that? 

The signing of Jan Vertonghen would bring a great balance at the centre of defence with him being left footed. 

weegie jambo
46 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wont lie, I do like that too. Also like when from a few bits of information (when there is no name) kickback becomes sleuth and most of time tracks down who someone was hinting.

I've lost count of the times JKB sleuths have sent me off down some J-League/E Conference rabbit hole. Keeps us guessing until JS comes up with the goods.

Italian Lambretta
42 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Forrest is away down south.

I hope so he's just another sellick naf like his brother.

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I hope so he's just another sellick naf like his brother.

Probably will end up at fleetwood

bobby bombscare

I am torn with the current regime. On one hand, Neilson and Savage are clearly running a tight ship, as not much is getting to the media until very close to them signing on the dotted line. Also, proper due diligence is being done on players so those we are getting in the door are not a bunch of total duds. 

However, i did like the days of us being linked with players left right and centre, 15 players in and out each summer and ITKers giving info on players basically as soon as any contact was made with a player... crap way to operate but defo made the summer more exciting haha! 

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

The latter it took me about two posts of his to figure that out when I joined

And yet, he's still here on this forum. Exasperating 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

I am torn with the current regime. On one hand, Neilson and Savage are clearly running a tight ship, as not much is getting to the media until very close to them signing on the dotted line. Also, proper due diligence is being done on players so those we are getting in the door are not a bunch of total duds. 

However, i did like the days of us being linked with players left right and centre, 15 players in and out each summer and ITKers giving info on players basically as soon as any contact was made with a player... crap way to operate but defo made the summer more exciting haha! 

That's why making up shit is perfectly acceptable to keep the thread alive. 

Divock Origi, Woodburns put in a good word

Aussie Jambo

All these good players down south not getting game time because of the better quality foreign players coming in. Surely has to be more like Beni not getting regular football and contracts running out we could sign? Simms I would keep, but alas me thinks he’ll be away back to Everton. We can easily afford him tbh. Says he’s worth €300’’000. I’d buy him for sure. He’s starting to get into our game and would be a real asset. Not heard anything since April when he was supposedly in talks with us? I hope we keep him. 

Famous 1874
33 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

All these good players down south not getting game time because of the better quality foreign players coming in. Surely has to be more like Beni not getting regular football and contracts running out we could sign? Simms I would keep, but alas me thinks he’ll be away back to Everton. We can easily afford him tbh. Says he’s worth €300’’000. I’d buy him for sure. He’s starting to get into our game and would be a real asset. Not heard anything since April when he was supposedly in talks with us? I hope we keep him. 

I don’t think we can “easily afford” Simms. He is for sure out of our price range.

Another loan is far more realistic. Unless Everton sold him to us on the cheap but included a buy back clause. 

Batistuta87

Have a feeling that the likes of Forrest, even Shankland, are intended as squad fillers not only to increase the size of the squad but also the quality in depth, and that we'll make a couple of very surprising signings to improve the first team including Simms back on a full season loan. Think we might even sign some players we've actually heard of too! Funny feeling about Kal Naismith. He's Andy Halliday's best pal so would be massively surprised if his name isn't somewhere in Robbie's black book and considering he's out of contract at Wigan he could be a great shout. Very good player who might fancy coming back up the road. 

Anyway, this week, I'm guessing: 

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

Linked with / suggested by JKB: 

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good centre back 

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A good playmaker centre/att mid 

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good winger 

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Lone Striker
32 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Good points there.   As we all know though, unearthing decent midfielders is easier than finding decent strikers.  So having got some immediate payback in terms of goals from Simms, I hope we at least speak to Everton about an outright purchase ... or failing that, another year-long loan.   I think we definitely need at least 2  (maybe 3) new forwards anyway to cope with Euro matches and the general effect of injuries throughout the season. 

Any snippets in the media yet about Allan Forrest or Regan Charles-Cook or Ian Harkes or Lawrence Shankland  ?    Or anyone else playing in Scotland who caught the eye ?   

At least we can ignore the 3 pages earlier about Shaun Rooney and his Cup medals now !!

Unknown user
8 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

I can see an argument for keeping the likes of Gino, GMS & McEneff - as I see it, we'll basically have three types of game next season;

really hard games (big fancy Euro teams H&A, and OF away)

tricky games v competitors for top 3/4 and games we have to win (Home v OF,  H&A v Hibs/Aberdeen/Utd, and away to sticky bottom-sixers Livi/Motherwell/RossCo type stuff) 

relatively straightforward games (home v bottom-sixers, lower league in cups)

There's defny a place for Gino, GMS etc. in some of those games - particularly when the 'easier' ones are on a Sunday after a euro night

This except I'm just not seeing it from McEneff

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have a feeling that the likes of Forrest, even Shankland, are intended as squad fillers not only to increase the size of the squad but also the quality in depth, and that we'll make a couple of very surprising signings to improve the first team including Simms back on a full season loan. Think we might even sign some players we've actually heard of too! Funny feeling about Kal Naismith. He's Andy Halliday's best pal so would be massively surprised if his name isn't somewhere in Robbie's black book and considering he's out of contract at Wigan he could be a great shout. Very good player who might fancy coming back up the road. 

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Yeah I'm preparing for pretending I never spent ages criticising Shankland, I've always been a huge fan.

BackOfTheNet
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

I think you may be right about Kai Naismith, most sporting directors like to keep managers sweet by signing someone they have personally suggested. Despite someone like Naismith being older with no sell on value, I can easily see him fit into a ‘jobs for the boys’ signing like Halliday was. (And what Shankland might be) I just hope that the manager is happy with being restricted to only one or two of these kind of signings so the recruitment team can continue with their own signing policy for the majority of the summer signings.

Never Let Them Forget
30 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Forrest isn’t happening.

Aussie Jambo
29 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Good points there.   As we all know though, unearthing decent midfielders is easier than finding decent strikers.  So having got some immediate payback in terms of goals from Simms, I hope we at least speak to Everton about an outright purchase ... or failing that, another year-long loan.   I think we definitely need at least 2  (maybe 3) new forwards anyway to cope with Euro matches and the general effect of injuries throughout the season. 

Any snippets in the media yet about Allan Forrest or Regan Charles-Cook or Ian Harkes or Lawrence Shankland  ?    Or anyone else playing in Scotland who caught the eye ?   

At least we can ignore the 3 pages earlier about Shaun Rooney and his Cup medals now !!

As I said before on this thread. I’d say we need at least 11 new players. 

Im just looking forward to who we can find & sign. I really hope we can keep Ellis. Money for Aaron Hickey, getting to Cup Final and finishing 3rd. Plus Euro money.. we should have some coin to spend. As the old saying goes ‘Speculate to accumulate.’

Im pretty sure Savage already has plenty that he wants. 

Aussie Jambo
7 minutes ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Forrest isn’t happening.

I’m sure when I saw an earlier post saying the same. Something was on Twitter but when I clicked on it the Tweet was gone? Saying goodbye was what I could see. 

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Forrest isn’t happening.

I can finally get some sleep. 👍

Jean Louis Valois
6 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Forrest isn’t happening.

Billy big baws probably away to join his big brothers pal at Fleetwood.

4 hours ago, SkabalaJam said:

It's not saying a definite no, just that it's unlikely. There could be something in this?

Screenshot_20220527-013932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Don't think they would fit in here and I can see them playing 2nd fiddle to Beni and Barrie.

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I think you may be right about Kai Naismith, most sporting directors like to keep managers sweet by signing someone they have personally suggested. Despite someone like Naismith being older with no sell on value, I can easily see him fit into a ‘jobs for the boys’ signing like Halliday was. (And what Shankland might be) I just hope that the manager is happy with being restricted to only one or two of these kind of signings so the recruitment team can continue with their own signing policy for the majority of the summer signings.

Halliday is also really good pals with Naismith. 

He’s 30, but had two or three outstanding seasons down south. Can also play pretty much anywhere, not just left back. 

He’s also a fecking hilarious guy. 

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if we'll see something today👀

Cock teaser

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if we'll see something today👀

Cock teaser 📢

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

That's a market I think we should and I think are more focused on. 

However, lots of other clubs will be after these sorts as well-including championship clubs. 

Simms will be easily affordable if he's told he has no future and can leave for nada, however if they want to wait and see with him he's out of our range and imo championship clubs will be interested in him which will make it difficult for us. 

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Well thought out.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***