*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Forza Tertz said:

I'm happy with Humphrys. Not sure about in Europe but I think he'll handle himself well in the rough n' tumble of the SPFL. Can see him being brought on as a sub often to open up things for Shankland to get chances.

We could really do with another starting 11 winger/wide 10. I've never considered Alan Forest to be that player, although he undoubtedly has a role to play in the squad.

As it stands we really need Jorge Grant to step up in the central 10 role. He'll provided good technique and creativity in advanced areas but not sure if he'll score many. 

I think Grant has the potential to be very good and been impressed with him so far. The new boy can play out wide as well and I seen a clip on the Wigan Twitter of him skinning a few players to set up a goal. If he’s fully committed which seems his style then I think he will do well.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

59 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Happy clapping piste de resistance…sook

by name, sook by nature.

Think you just exemplified the point he was making. Congrats 🤌🏻

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who have we got rid of that we're actually going to miss, aside from Simms and Souttar obviously. I think Neilson's performance on Sunday put the right centre back to bed and Stewart's performance at Parkhead settled the back up keeper debate. We won't face a tougher game than Parkhead away. What level of striker do you think we can attract to sit on the bench?  

It’s not about Woodburn or Moore not being good enough, it’s about replacing the numbers, preferably with quality. And because of the fixture congestion and added games in Europe we needed to have a larger squad than we did last season. Which we don’t.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve done the absolute minimum required. 7 out 8 in and one injury temporarily replaced. We’ve lost the quality of Simms and Souttar and we’ve not got anywhere close to replacing it (IMO) Weve left ourselves short of cover and short of options in some areas where we were weak. The first 6 weeks of this window were a success. The last 6 weeks a failure. The task we started out with hasn’t been completed and we’ll pay for it.

Not seen the two most recent signings actually play for Hearts but the last six weeks have been a failure. Love to know how you came up with that conclusion? Probably the daftest post on the daftest of threads ...

We have a much better squad than last season. We're a wee bit light upfront but when everyone bar Boyce is back fit, we're in fine shape. 

If Shankland gets injured for any period of time we're ****ed though. He's the only out and out Striker we have. 

Edited by Cruyff

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s not about Woodburn or Moore not being good enough, it’s about replacing the numbers, preferably with quality. And because of the fixture congestion and added games in Europe we needed to have a larger squad than we did last season. Which we don’t.

Maybe signing an extra 3-4 players, for 2-3 months of one unique season, just  didn't make financial sense to those who actually run the club?

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Cruyff said:

We have a much better squad than last season. We're a wee bit light upfront but when everyone bar Boyce is back for, we're in fine shape. 

If Shankland gets injured for any period of time we're ****ed though. He's the only out and out Striker we have. 

What about Hendo 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not seen the two most recent signings actually play for Hearts but the last six weeks have been a failure. Love to know how you came up with that conclusion? Probably the daftest post on the daftest of threads ...

Read it again chum I explained clearly why it’s a failure 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Surely a waste of money to be going after extra players? Well, that’s according to some on here anyway. We’re a full house lads, not tonight!

Chaka Demus & pliers

Neilson mentioned at one of the FOH plot ceremonies a few weeks ago that they may end up bringing people in after the window...as happened with Barrie McKay last year.

Edited by Chaka Demus & pliers

Glad I live in Oz. Up at 5.30am (8.30pm gmt) Some flaff on here from obvious hoboites. More new posters than I’ve ever seen. Most with inside knowledge. 🙄🤔

Hopefully we get a defender in or another striker last 3ish hours. 

Welcome Stephen Humphries. Love the tats mate.  

54 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can you have the nickname, Stevie, if you spell your name, Stephen? 

I hope so, i have been answering to it all my life!

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Maybe signing an extra 3-4 players, for 2-3 months of one unique season, just  didn't make financial sense to those who actually run the club?

Right, so the plan is to not compete in Europe in future seasons? Explains the lack of signings and quality to be fair. You could be onto something.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Its not if you have heard of Hearts its how you react when you get here.

Scored at Wembley must be shit hot.

On the window itself, its not only what you did manage but what you didn't do 

I'll say this for the pro journos. . . this signing window they've absolutely had the scoops over the rumor mill and the ITKers. No disrespect to those sharing what they've heard, but frankly aside from the evaluations of the signings from what people have seen, I could have just watched Barry Anderson's Twitter feed and ignored this soon-to-be-1000-page thread and been none the worse for real information.

Jamboscanbevicius

Welcome Stephen Humphrys. Looks like just what we need. Could be a great move. Good to have backup up top anyway.

If we do no more tonight we’ve helped the biggest priority area. Fully expect we’ll do some business on freedom of contract anyway. 

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve done the absolute minimum required. 7 out 8 in and one injury temporarily replaced. We’ve lost the quality of Simms and Souttar and we’ve not got anywhere close to replacing it (IMO) Weve left ourselves short of cover and short of options in some areas where we were weak. The first 6 weeks of this window were a success. The last 6 weeks a failure. The task we started out with hasn’t been completed and we’ll pay for it.

‘Nowhere close to replacing it’ Simms scored 7 goals last season.  Shankland has four already.  I would say he’s more than ‘close’. 

Based on **** all except you winning the argument. Neilson said he wanted to increase the numbers, we haven’t. Your desperation to spin it any other way doesn’t detract from that and the fact he said yesterday we needed ‘a few’. So in a round about way you’re suggesting the club aren’t backing the manager. Unlikely imo, more likely is that we’ve failed to get the players needed. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

And if that’s the case it shows a complete lack of ambition and failure to recognise opportunity. If ever there was a window to push the boat out without getting in trouble, this was it

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its not if you have heard of Hearts its how you react when you get here.

Scored at Wembley must be shit hot.

On the window itself, its not only what you did manage but what you didn't do 

True, got to take the good with the bad though. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Read it again chum I explained clearly why it’s a failure 

I'lll wait until the window shuts and we actually play a few games to pass judgment. Very similar comments about the light squad this time last year ...

As a side point: Shankland has almost matched Simms goals tally already and Souttar would be injured / on compassionate leave if he had stayed ...

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We have a much better squad than last season. We're a wee bit light upfront but when everyone bar Boyce is back for, we're in fine shape. 

Or if Gordon gets injured we’re ****ed. Or if Kingsley and Halkett are out, we could lose to the like of Kilmarnock at home, then we’d be really ****ed!

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Rowles is going to miss 12 games minimum thats pretty long term to me aswel, kingsley seems to be braking down on his return and halkett seems to be having trouble on his return. Add in atkinson also maybe missing the next month you will have a 33 year old having to play 8 games in a month who also went down last night. I think we are extremely light and people are not viewing it correctly i dont care if we get in loan signings to add up numbers but we certainly need players in. If shankland gets injured atm we are passing the buck to the new signing who will then have to play till god knows when up front with no one replacing him, gino looks good as a winger never a striker 

Not really true though.  Hearts have said Rowles will be out 6-8 weeks. If it’s 6 he will miss 8/9 games, if it’s 8 then it’s 11/12.  I suspect it will be longer than six but don’t know for sure, neither do you. 

From his YooToobs, Humphries looks like as close to a Boyce replacement as we're going to get, and that's a good thing.

Still could use another scorer. At this point I think we're in okay shape for Europe, and if we get a free signing or two after the window for rotation depth, that's good.

Still would be good to get another attacker in from the proper window.

4 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think Grant has the potential to be very good and been impressed with him so far. The new boy can play out wide as well and I seen a clip on the Wigan Twitter of him skinning a few players to set up a goal. If he’s fully committed which seems his style then I think he will do well.

I agree about Grant's potential. Still think we've to see the best of him. At the start of the season he was my pick to be our best summer signing. With Boyce out he's got perfect opportunity to make an impact.

That's interesting about Humphrys out wide. Maybe we'll see him in a front three causing mayhem with his physicality.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Based on **** all except you winning the argument. Neilson said he wanted to increase the numbers, we haven’t. Your desperation to spin it any other way doesn’t detract from that and the fact he said yesterday we needed ‘a few’. So in a round about way you’re suggesting the club aren’t backing the manager. Unlikely imo, more likely is that we’ve failed to get the players needed. 

He also said they need to improve us. Obviously willing to not sign players instead of signing dross. He made that clear!

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And if that’s the case it shows a complete lack of ambition and failure to recognise opportunity. If ever there was a window to push the boat out without getting in trouble, this was it

Ambition to do what? Rangers and Celtic are galloping away on £40m race horses  ...

2 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I'll say this for the pro journos. . . this signing window they've absolutely had the scoops over the rumor mill and the ITKers. No disrespect to those sharing what they've heard, but frankly aside from the evaluations of the signings from what people have seen, I could have just watched Barry Anderson's Twitter feed and ignored this soon-to-be-1000-page thread and been none the worse for real information.

Very true, actually. I mean, he gets his info from other journalists that post things (and end up on here), but he’s not far behind.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Not really true though.  Hearts have said Rowles will be out 6-8 weeks. If it’s 6 he will miss 8/9 games, if it’s 8 then it’s 11/12.  I suspect it will be longer than six but don’t know for sure, neither do you. 

Okay so do you plan for everything for the best case scenario or do you plan for the worst or somewhere in between? Somewhere in between would be a loan deal for a centre back like we done last season with moore for soutter

Naisys Tackle

He also said they need to improve us. Obviously willing to not sign players instead of signing dross. He made that clear!

Ambition to do what? Rangers and Celtic are galloping away on £40m race horses  ...

You can't surely suggest that there are no players out there for months that can improve us then by magic we suddenly find a replacement for the injured Boyce.

Theres plenty players that could improve the squad its that thin. 

Oh I agree. The bit that people can’t seem to handle is we’ve come up short so far. Hopefully business can still be done though. Kingsley, McKay and Dikamona mist recent guys I can remember signing outside a window. 

12 minutes ago, maroon said:

Jason Cummings has arrived at tynecastle 

In the car with him Paterson, Walker and Nicholson 👍

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***